Magi - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 02-23-2012, 05:51 PM   #1
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Buck09 is on a distinguished road
Magi

Ok Ive seen alot of posts about Magi floating around. Decided to read the first chapter and my jaw dropped.

Wtf ? I was laughing my head off at the huge thing out of the flute and then there was the whole concept of it unable to move after a lady touches it.

Main reason I'm making this thread is to ask would you say this is worth continuing as I had slightly mixed feelings with it.

If you could say if its worth reading compare it to another manga might help me out thanks if you can.
Simon: My bro is dead. He's gone! But he's there on my back, and here in my heart! He lives on as a part of me! If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens! No matter what's in my way I won't stop!! Once I've dug through...it means that I've won! Just who the hell do you think I am? I'm Simon. I'm NOT my bro! I'M ME!! SIMON THE DIGGER!

Kamina: Your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!

(All quotes from one of my favourite Anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Buck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:34 PM   #2
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of
Re: Magi

LMAO yeah someone recommended this manga to me so I checked it out & I gotta say it's actually really good when compared to some of the other crap that's floating around. First chapter really only introduces one of the main characters. The story seems to revolve around 3-4 people in terms of the heroes.

In terms of comparison well it's based on the world build of 1001 Nights/Arabian Nights which takes place in during the Islamic "Golden Age" which is pretty unique in terms of the manga realm.

If you're actually interested in this I wrote a recommendation on it in Forum Manga Expansion. Just click the link in my signature for the post in question.

I will say this much without spoiling anything the fights do get ALLOT better while the character development & pacing of the story is well done so far. The story does get more serious so it isn't all boob gags with perv children if that's what you're worried about. This is still a relatively new manga with about 120 or so chapters released with 72 of them scanlated. They update the scanlations maybe twice-three times a week (until they catch up to the current). You can find translations for most of the chapters online but I'm personally waiting for scanlated version as to not ruin the experience.

As of now I find this manga more interesting than Naruto, Bleach, & Fairy Tail.

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed

Last edited by Vengeance; 02-23-2012 at 06:36 PM.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:52 PM   #3
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Well I like the concept I just read the second chapter there and it kinda peeked more my interest, especially in the whole 'Dungeon' concept.

I like the Djinn or Genie concept to being sealed in the flute, im going to harbour a guess that there is definately more of them out there (( and also from your sig :P very nice btw ))

I think i'll read it more I think after a major fight I'll be able to decide if I will continue reading. Aladdin though hes an odd guy for one of the main characters, hes so small and doesnt seem to have any muscle build. But I guess he makes up in that haha.

thanks though your expansion idea was a good help.
Simon: My bro is dead. He's gone! But he's there on my back, and here in my heart! He lives on as a part of me! If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens! No matter what's in my way I won't stop!! Once I've dug through...it means that I've won! Just who the hell do you think I am? I'm Simon. I'm NOT my bro! I'M ME!! SIMON THE DIGGER!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buck09 For This Useful Post:
kluang (02-23-2012), Vengeance (02-23-2012)
Old 02-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Aladdin is captain marvel

the wisdom of Solomon.....

The strength of Hercules;

The stamina of Atlas;

The power of Zeus;

The courage of Achilles;

The speed of Mercury.

SHAZAM!!!!!!

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kluang For This Useful Post:
Buck09 (02-23-2012), Vengeance (02-23-2012)
Old 02-23-2012, 09:19 PM   #5
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kluang View Post
Aladdin is captain marvel

the wisdom of Solomon.....

The strength of Hercules;

The stamina of Atlas;

The power of Zeus;

The courage of Achilles;

The speed of Mercury.

SHAZAM!!!!!!
That was pretty awesome way to describe him :P

Old 02-29-2012, 11:45 AM   #6
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Well im offically going with this series now its just fantastic.

Im up to date now and cant wait to see what else is in store.

Sinbad - Loving him hes like the Shanks of this manga just plain kickass. Sad that havent seen him show off some skill I mean I know he has 7 Djinn's but those fat guys stole them which is a pain. On I think chapter 70 there was a page of him surrounded in different pieces of armour hope thats his Vessels.

Ja-far - Funnily enough i wish his name had been switched with Judal's as while I'm reading this series cant help but think of the Aladdin cartoon from when I was a kid. Would be just awesome to see there names switched.

Cassim / Kassim - Man he is a complete and utter douche everytime something is going good he fucks it up for his own selfishness just want him to be slapped. Although when he transformed into a Djinn that was pretty epic. I did like the inner fight between him and Alibaba but he still is one of those characters on my nerves at how he acts.

Alibaba - Hes been really growing on me now. And now that hes learned from Sinbad for Djinn Equipement. That has made me like him more Im dying to see him in full Amon gear. But for now the Amon sword and gloves combo is still awesome but the full set will be just sweet.

Morigana - Shes good, I mean I like the backstory shes from the tribe who are like the strongest, but i think she should get a djinn soon like Alibaba's though a more support would to envelop her fists and feet to add more strength would be awesome.

Ugo - Awww man how i love that guy ! Was almost in tears when he was fighting against Judal and got like pierced in every bad way possible. But Im glad hes still with Aladdin in a way with the new materlisation. But do you think there is a chance he could come back, I mean Magi are the ones who can make them so ?

Aladdin - Enjoying him hes quite an interesting character cant really say anything else just yet. I am curious if he will be learning more Magic soon like Thunder and Ice like Judal.

The Following User Says Thank You to Buck09 For This Useful Post:
Vengeance (02-29-2012)
Old 02-23-2012, 08:55 PM   #7
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

Lmao .

Quote:
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed
The Following User Says Thank You to Vengeance For This Useful Post:
kluang (02-23-2012)
Old 02-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #8
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Glad you like the series.

Just to point something out the next arc should focus on Morigana since they traveled to their current location in order to get to her homeland. Hopefully once they get there we'll see more CD from her & possibly a Djinn. Though is she really King/Queen canidate material? Guess we'll find out next arc hopefully.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The Following User Says Thank You to Vengeance For This Useful Post:
Buck09 (02-29-2012)
Old 02-29-2012, 12:21 PM   #9
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Just a thought about her getting a Djinn, I mean I know what you mean about the King material. But perhaps even a magical tool like the 'Fog Troupe' had ? Except more like wraistbands and like ankle braclets (( would help hide her slave marks too )) just somethin that would fit her fighting style but let her be able to fight against the bigger opponents soon to come.

Old 02-29-2012, 12:44 PM   #10
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Maybe a situation in her homeland arises where she takes a proactive role against a threat. There are always situations that can be created which would require another dungeon exploration in a situation where Aladdin is guiding Morigana instead of Alibaba. It was said that Magi can have multiple candidates after all.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vengeance; 02-29-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:34 PM   #11
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Thats true, would also like to go back and look at the time when Morg said she heard that big guy while she fought all the beasts from her homeland, Gosca I think his name was ? Think there has to be something there.

And yeah multiple candidates I mean Kou Empire has a few I'm sure, also makes more oppurtunites to introduce new characters, I mean comparing to other mangas like Naruto and One Piece, this has really just begone. Alot of possibilites.

The Following User Says Thank You to Buck09 For This Useful Post:
Vengeance (02-29-2012)