US Ambassador in Libya Killed - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Old 09-12-2012, 09:04 AM   #1
emachina
Jounin

emachina has a spectacular aura aboutemachina has a spectacular aura aboutemachina has a spectacular aura aboutemachina has a spectacular aura about
US Ambassador in Libya Killed

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/12/world/...ssador-killed/

Think maybe we should call off the drone attacks in countries we have not declared war on?
emachina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:09 AM   #2
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Thanked 1,248 Times in 521 Posts
jekyl_hyde is on a distinguished roadjekyl_hyde is on a distinguished road
Re: US Ambassador in Libya Killed

Or we could pull the financial aid that we send to Egypt and Libya, as well as troops and foreign dignitaries out of said countries and let the chips fall where they may.

There's a lot of grief towards the U.S. out there, and some of it is deserved. So pull the money and protection and see how things change.
jekyl_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jekyl_hyde For This Useful Post:
emachina (09-12-2012)
Old 09-12-2012, 09:22 AM   #3
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Step one of ending meddling in the Middle East has already been done, the US will not support an Israeli preemptive strike on Iranian nuclear facilities. Also this.

Just don't tell (the world's idea of) the average US citizen that the end of interference in the Middle East is what Bin Laden wanted, otherwise they'll go hardcore "DON'T LET THE TERRORISTS WIN" and meddle just to claim a hollow victory.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
kael03 (09-12-2012), Miburo (09-12-2012), Tzu Men (09-14-2012)
Old 09-12-2012, 09:28 AM   #4
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Should have let Gadaffi continue to murder the shit out of them with the military, I guess.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
kael03 (09-12-2012), Mal (09-12-2012), Miburo (09-12-2012), Vanity (09-12-2012), xxMESTxx (09-13-2012)
Old 09-12-2012, 11:03 AM   #5
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't even matter if anyone should be there or not. There is no excuse at all to do shit like that. This isn't the goddamn middle ages, they're obviously finding out about american films and random people burning some books somehow. There is no excuse.

You guys know I'm not some ridiculous hateful bigot america fuck yeah redneck douche, and I know this is pretty bad, but I'm all for just shooting these guys whenever they gather up in some crazy angry mob crying about something ridiculously stupid. It's not like this kind of thing doesn't happen all the goddamn time. Some people really do deserve to have their shit ruined, and these people are without question some of the most horrible people on the planet.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ACt (09-12-2012), ask me anything (09-12-2012), Darth-Nero (09-12-2012), emachina (09-12-2012), kael03 (09-12-2012), Mal (09-13-2012), manta (09-12-2012), Scientia (09-13-2012), T9F (09-14-2012), Vanity (09-12-2012), xxMESTxx (09-13-2012)
Old 09-12-2012, 11:48 AM   #6
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Like, holy shit, this kind of thing is absolutely disgusting and really upsets me. These pussies, and I know they're all the biggest of pussies, would kill any one of us if given the chance to attack us in an mob. And they'd do it in the most brutal way they can, and then drag our corpses through the streets cheering like they did with these poor guys. All the for the dumbest, most senseless of reasons. You can't blame that on ignorance, or poor education. No one ever taught me that shit isn't right, if you're not a fucking psychopath that's just shit you're not comfortable doing. They're absolute fucking monsters.

I know, I mad. But goddamn, it's really upsetting.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ACt (09-12-2012), ask me anything (09-12-2012), Darth-Nero (09-12-2012), emachina (09-12-2012), kael03 (09-12-2012), Mal (09-13-2012), manta (09-12-2012), Scientia (09-13-2012), T9F (09-14-2012), Tzu Men (09-14-2012), Vanity (09-12-2012), xxMESTxx (09-13-2012)
Old 09-12-2012, 02:45 PM   #7
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,135 Times in 1,403 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, it's pretty fucking ridiculous how these people react to the pettiest of shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Muslim
Hey, some random real estate agent in America made a low budget movie that's offensive towards our religion. What should we do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Muslim Mob
KILL MAIM BURN THE EMBASSY!
Oh, by the way Libyans and Egyptians, you're welcome for getting rid of your despot leaders. We could've let them continue their wonton slaughter of you guys because they were scared and psychotic. Instead, we chose to help.

...Aaand this is how you thank us.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #8
Vanity
Succumb

Thanked 5,991 Times in 2,240 Posts
Vanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNinja View Post
Oh, by the way Libyans and Egyptians, you're welcome for getting rid of your despot leaders. We could've let them continue their wonton slaughter of you guys because they were scared and psychotic. Instead, we chose to help.

...Aaand this is how you thank us.
Damned if we do, damned if we don't. =/

This whole thing is deeply upsetting, regardless of the political implications.
Speak to me.
Why do you never speak?
Speak.
What are you thinking of?
What thinking?
What?

I never know what you are thinking.
Think.
Vanity is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vanity For This Useful Post:
Miburo (09-12-2012)
Old 09-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #9
Darth-Nero
Victory!

Thanked 1,674 Times in 676 Posts
Darth-Nero is on a distinguished roadDarth-Nero is on a distinguished road

If it means anything at all,Comrades,I apologize on behalf of the middle east.

I don't really know what they were thinking, they are Islam's number one enemy. seriously, i heard nothing about the movie until the butthurts started advertising it everywhere in a torrent of rage. Let the guy play the damn movie that nobody's probably gonna watch and chill, instead of gaining nothing by rage and savage murder of innocent people other than causing way more damage to the muslim nation than the movie could've ever caused.

On the other hand i cant really buy that the US government's hands are tied by it's own freedom principles, letting any dimwit who wants to get famous produce a product that severely offends a dizillion person all over the plant is not freedom of speech it's just stupid and irresponsible. specially since the consequences are known and the same as what happens every time.

And don't get me wrong, i know how important freedom is for America and the Americans. Yeah,you can see that pretty much in every aspect in America even in the daily divorce rate. But drawing some lines in freedom of speech isn't all horrible and fascist specially that it can't be compared to civil security and diplomatic relations.

Besides, there are laws in America that protects minorities against similar offenses so why not pass preemptive ones to stop this shit from happening again?
Darth-Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darth-Nero For This Useful Post:
kluang (09-12-2012), Miburo (09-12-2012), Tzu Men (09-14-2012)
Old 09-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #10
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

No need to apologize, bro. We know not all muslims are like those fucks. I don't even see this as a religious or political thing. When it comes down to it these people are just subhuman mongrels committing senseless, horrific murders. They would really kill most of us here without a second thought. They would kill their own mothers and sisters for similarly senseless reasons. They really are just fucking monsters.

That said, they deserve all the blame for this. All of it, every single bit. It isn't some random dude's fault for making a shitty as fuck youtube level movie about something that upsets a bunch of savages. This isn't like someone poking a bee nest. These scumbags aren't drone insects that are incapable of thinking things through. They are people that are fully aware of the horrible things they're doing.

Besides, it's not like these people are in any way reasonable. Was this video even from an American? I thought I read it was from some Israeli or some shit, though I was absolutely furious while reading it and don't really give a shit who made the stupid video that nobody fucking watched. So I could totally be wrong. But I'm pretty sure I remember them killing non-americans during the time when some dude in florida burned some stupid fucking book or some shit and they want on a goddamn rampage about it. They don't fucking care. They'd probably allah akbar 20 random fucking people that look sorta non-muslim if one of them just told the rest of them that they saw some random forum post from some random website saying "You know who sucks a bag of dicks? Mohammad lol." Because they're fucking monsters. Fuck them. And fuck trying to not piss them off. It won't happen, they'll find something extremely stupid to go absolutely apeshit about no matter what.

I'd rather we totally fortify the shit out of some embassy, put a huge billboard up with a picture of Mohammad taking a thousand cocks in the ass, and then fucking firebomb anyone who makes even the slightest stink about it over spending one second trying to not piss them off. Seriously. Fuck them. So goddamn hard. (And yeah, I know that's pretty ridiculously mean and shit. But still, fuck them.)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Mal (09-13-2012), Scientia (09-13-2012), Vanity (09-12-2012)
Old 09-12-2012, 11:09 PM   #11
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,135 Times in 1,403 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth-Nero View Post
On the other hand i cant really buy that the US government's hands are tied by it's own freedom principles, letting any dimwit who wants to get famous produce a product that severely offends a dizillion person all over the plant is not freedom of speech it's just stupid and irresponsible. specially since the consequences are known and the same as what happens every time.
Government's hands are tied up, actually. The government can only interfere if one's right of freedom of speech and press infringes upon the rights of another, typically within the country. Also, the wording has to be very specific. The film basically says, "Mohammed is a homosexual pedophile." That's his opinion. Now, if his film said, "Mohammed is a homosexual pedophile, and his followers should be killed like a herd of cattle," then the government can intervene because his right to freedom of speech has infringed upon Muslims' (Muslim-Americans, mind you) right to feeling safe within the country. If there's intent to cause violence (and I'm sure the film does that, but I'm getting to that) and it can actually gain the momentum (such as a rally versus an nearly empty theater) then the government is allowed to say NOPE and drop the hammer.

It's kind of on the same grounds that neo-Nazis are allowed to have their hate rallies, but they have to jump through hoops and ladders, and they're restricted as to where they can hold their protest. A largely Jewish community a few years back successfully told some skinheads to fuck off when they tried to have a rally in their 'hood.

Quote:
But drawing some lines in freedom of speech isn't all horrible and fascist specially that it can't be compared to civil security and diplomatic relations.

Besides, there are laws in America that protects minorities against similar offenses so why not pass preemptive ones to stop this shit from happening again?
I'm with you on this point, but implying any restriction of rights is the same as tazing a puppy to the average American dipshit. Also, it'd be unconstitutional, so the Supreme Court would axe it anyways. Americans just need to be educated and Muslim extremists need to be eradicated like vermin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
I'd rather we totally fortify the shit out of some embassy, put a huge billboard up with a picture of Mohammad taking a thousand cocks in the ass, and then fucking firebomb anyone who makes even the slightest stink about it over spending one second trying to not piss them off. Seriously. Fuck them. So goddamn hard. (And yeah, I know that's pretty ridiculously mean and shit. But still, fuck them.)
I would apply to work there, without a doubt. I'd probably get killed on site or beheaded and posted on the Internet, but the lulz are just too juicy to pass up.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:01 PM   #12
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Had a friend email this article to me. Surprisingly, as of yet, CNN, Yahoo!, nor MSN have this article up yet (or I couldn't find it there).

I understand Obama is doing the diplomatic thing, trying to cooperate with the Libyan gov't, and unless there is some conspiracy here, most Americans want to say fuck diplomacy, and see some "American muscle" flexed.

In all seriousness, thoughts and prayers go out to the deceased's loved ones and family.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:28 PM   #13
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay

xxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enough

What the fuck....They're lucky we're not as petty and angry as they are. I couldn't imagine doing some shit like this. Like, what was going through there heads? "OH, FUCK THAT GUY!!! COME ON GUYS LETS GO KILL THAT OTHER TOTALLY UNRELATED GUY!! ALLAH ALLAJ JHAHJAJK!!

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -M. K. Gandhi
xxMESTxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:15 PM   #14
rokudaime_hokage
Chuunin

rokudaime_hokage will become famous soon enoughrokudaime_hokage will become famous soon enough

I was just as mad but this
http://imgur.com/a/tlCyI

I don't want to judge the whole fucking country because if what fucking 10+ people did.
Just like any christian american would not want to be compared with a fucking westboro baptist church member.
But honestly, this is what religion does. It can make regular descent people turn into monsters.

Edit: Holy shit it was a lot more people, I was misinformed.
Really what the fuck is this? People say that we Muslims are fucking violent and that makes me upset... let's fuck them up that will show them.

Last edited by rokudaime_hokage; 09-13-2012 at 05:18 PM.
rokudaime_hokage is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rokudaime_hokage For This Useful Post:
emachina (09-14-2012), Miburo (09-14-2012), Numinous (09-15-2012)
Old 09-13-2012, 06:48 PM   #15
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokudaime_hokage View Post
I know a lot of non-fanatic Muslims, and am very good friends with a couple of moderate-Muslims (women) who now live in Egypt. Both have degrees in English, and are teaching in Egypt on pretty damn good salaries from what they tell me (no exact figures, but both have stated it's a level above living comfortably).

For those here (especially those outspoken on this topic), we realize that this is not a generalization against Muslims and believers in Islam. Just as there are fanatics in many forms or religion, government, and idealism, most people with common sense realize that the actions of a few do not set the basis for the rest of the population.