One piece 693 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > One Piece Series > One Piece Manga

One Piece Manga Talk about the manga series One Piece here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 12-18-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all
One piece 693

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/82935596/1

Enjoy.

Chapter felt short, but it was cool.

I hope the Franky vs B5/Buffalo skirmish lasts a bit longer because the rest of the crew and Law will be outside soon. I get the feeling that the heart CC has is actually Monet's, it strikes me as something Law would put in place as a safety net.

Will we get flashbacks from Monet ? Why is she so devoted to Dofla ?

Sweet colored page. Nice to see the heart pirates, and akainu rocking facial hair.

Last edited by Dagoro; 12-18-2012 at 10:01 AM.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
Gakure (12-19-2012), NeoKakarott023 (12-19-2012), Numinous (12-18-2012)
Old 12-18-2012, 10:24 AM   #2
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: One piece 693

I smirked at "Espada Girl". Oh Oda, you jester! And Mononosuke is pink? Didn't see that coming.

Like Dagoro said, I hope there's more development for Monet, she's an interesting character.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:52 AM   #3
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Buck09 is on a distinguished road

Well it was a sweet chapter but as its been said I couldnt help but feel it was too short.

Dont know if anyone noticed but on Page 5 at the very bottom you had Garp and Sengoku very very young, they look badass ! But who is the girl beside them ?

To be honest I would like to find out more info on Monet yes but now I just want Donflamingo the way everyone of his crew is calling him 'Young Lord' makes me wonder more and more about him.
Simon: My bro is dead. He's gone! But he's there on my back, and here in my heart! He lives on as a part of me! If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens! No matter what's in my way I won't stop!! Once I've dug through...it means that I've won! Just who the hell do you think I am? I'm Simon. I'm NOT my bro! I'M ME!! SIMON THE DIGGER!

Kamina: Your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!

(All quotes from one of my favourite Anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Buck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:02 AM   #4
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Quote:
But who is the girl beside them ?
Tsuru, the old VA lady.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
Numinous (12-18-2012)
Old 12-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #5
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road

cool chapter very quick, I agree with you Dagaro....def think Law already pulled the switch

Last edited by apacolypz; 12-18-2012 at 11:25 AM.
apacolypz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:28 AM   #6
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,850 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

That Doflamingo. Best OP villain so far. Sadly, something lame is about to happen (just like when Law cut Vergo in half without a sweat).

Edit: and is that Kaido on the spread? I mean his face is blocked by Franky's robot, but it's obviously him seeing as how we got Big Mam on the opposite side.

Last edited by Shrike; 12-18-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #7
Pritha
Chuunin

Pritha is on a distinguished road

^speaking of spread, would be likely if kinemon joins the crew? and yes short chapter. Joker would be a good "young lord" but his subordinates are all crazy and stupid , so he would have to come down personally to stop this.
Pritha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:49 PM   #8
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,850 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
The way Dofla's subordinates address him is leading me to believe that he could be a noble. In the pics Oda drew of the SB as children he looked pretty raggedy, but so did Sabo.

It would be interesting to see a noble being the most notorious crime lord in the world of OP.
He could be, I didn't think of that, and that adds up to the reason why he came to work with the WG in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pritha View Post
^speaking of spread, would be likely if kinemon joins the crew? and yes short chapter. Joker would be a good "young lord" but his subordinates are all crazy and stupid , so he would have to come down personally to stop this.
I thought Kinemon (and Momonosuke) would join the crew at the start of the arc. Monet did baffle me though, and she actually still baffles me. At one time she says that Joker would kill her, then she wants to die for him. I think it isn't Oda's fail and that there is more to it.

And what do you mean that Doflamingo's subordinates are stupid? I don't follow your logic.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
Numinous (12-19-2012), Pritha (12-18-2012)
Old 12-19-2012, 12:08 AM   #9
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Buck09 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post

I thought Kinemon (and Momonosuke) would join the crew at the start of the arc.
I think that Kinemon and Momo are going to fill in like a Vivi role, because as far as I'm aware the Wano country is coming up next. So obviously the SH's will be taking them there and somethings going to happen, they will need those two to fill them in on the land about there laws and history.

But I dont want Kinemon, hes a cool character yes but I just dont want another swordsman sadly. We have Zoro enough said, then we have Brook and hes becoming his own character more now with the new DF powers hes bringing out.

I dont know maybe Momo the dragon DF is kinda cool but I wouldnt mind him showing some abilities off in the Wano Arc perhaps that could give us a hint on what he can do. Obviously hes a trained swordsman like his dad, but another Zoan fruit would be cool. I had a thought perhaps Chopper might give him a Rumble Ball ? The DF he ate wasnt an actual DF it was one genetically made and he did mention that he cant transform back. So maybe Choppers rumble balls might give him new forms or change him back.
Simon: My bro is dead. He's gone! But he's there on my back, and here in my heart! He lives on as a part of me! If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens! No matter what's in my way I won't stop!! Once I've dug through...it means that I've won! Just who the hell do you think I am? I'm Simon. I'm NOT my bro! I'M ME!! SIMON THE DIGGER!

Kamina: Your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!

(All quotes from one of my favourite Anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Buck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:27 PM   #10
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

The way Dofla's subordinates address him is leading me to believe that he could be a noble. In the pics Oda drew of the SB as children he looked pretty raggedy, but so did Sabo.

It would be interesting to see a noble being the most notorious crime lord in the world of OP.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
Numinous (12-19-2012), Pritha (12-18-2012)
Old 12-19-2012, 12:30 PM   #11
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,657 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post

Since you brought up the subject; I've had a theory for the longest time that he might be a half-noble. I'm not sure if I've ever posted it on this site or not though.

Basically the theory is the Doflamingo and Jewelry Bonney are both half-nobles. Nobles are notorious for doing whatever they want, and especially for taking slaves. This also includes taking multiple "wives", which are essentially sex slaves that are tossed aside once they get bored with them. In a situation like this children are bound to be born from such relationships. I doubt anybody that rides around on the back of other people like they're animals is gonna care about 'pulling out'. So what becomes of these children. This sets up the classic "Spock" scenario of how do they fit into society. They obviously wouldn't be considered pure blooded, but not commoners either. They might be grouped in with the lesser nobles like Sabo's family or something.

My main reasoning for wanting Doflamingo and Bonney to both be in this category is that they represent complete opposites of each other. Doflamingo seemingly embraces his noble heritage, and uses it to his advantage. The guy simply does things other people could never get away with. He's carved out a niche for himself in the higher echelons as someone who the nobles could turn to if they need something done but don't want (or trust) the marines to do it. Assassinating Moria comes to mind. Running a slave business in another example. Even if the marines ever became fully aware of his connections to CC, I doubt they'd do anything to him. So in a sense the nobles shielding him from any government retaliations allows him to run amok as much as he wants.

Bonney on the other hand rejected her heritage, but the nobles still wanted her for her powers. We don't know much about her really, other than she's originally from the south blue. I have a suspicion that her mom was a wife to some noble that (not knowingly) got her pregnant, and then got bored with her and sent her back to being a commoner. Years later he found out Bonney was one of his, and came to take her back. Her mom refused to let her go and died protecting her. [Cue recycled Nami flashback]. She's hated the government ever since and has been constantly on the run. I'm not sure how her relationship with WB fits into this though? She had a great respect for the guy apparently.

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
Numinous (12-19-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (12-20-2012)
Old 12-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #12
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

I've seen that Doflamigo=(Half) Noble theory thrown around and I sincerely like it for the plot opportunities it can open. For example, the Strawhats already have assault towards a World Noble in their collective bounties; if word that another noble, even if he's a pirate, was assaulted by the same crew, they might think "ZOMG, these guys are after us!" and pretty much demand the Marines to lay siege on the SH. It'd make a very intense and interesting arc, fitting of the New World.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (12-19-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (12-20-2012)
Old 12-18-2012, 06:09 PM   #13
Pritha
Chuunin

Pritha is on a distinguished road

Sry wrongly phrased but the bottom line is dofla will cone down personally to take care of the rookies, coz they will surely be defeated
Pritha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:26 AM   #14
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road

Even though I thought Chopper developed the rumble ball solely for his own zoan style....i could be wrong...i still like your idea Buck....Momo would be cool if he had a number of transformations....I don't like his weak looking form now....and the pinkish red....terrible lol. I would love to see both Father and son add some dynamic to the mix..as there are no other relatives among the SH's...also both them being swordsmen could dilute Zoro and Brooks spotlight a little ..but not that much. Sadly I don't see both joining...I think Momo would...as he is the youngest and the reason fire fox left Wano Country. Fire Fists returns home and Momo joins the ranks of SH crew as he sails off on epic adventures...kinda a repeating theme here
apacolypz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #15
dmaner
Academy Student

dmaner is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been viewing the forum for a couple of years as a guest mainly since I was following Naruto, but I am grateful for all of your comments on the forums about One Piece that got me to watch the entire series this year (500+ episodes takes about six months or so if you watch 2-3 during your lunch break). Also started reading the manga chapters since Punk Hazard started. Have to say, One Piece is definitely the best manga in my humble opinion. Thank you all for getting me interested in it.

Wanted to chime in on the question about Momo and Kinemon joining the Strawhat crew. I agree that Punk Hazard is very similar in overall development to the Baroque Works Saga, and feel that the next step will be Wano country which will be similar to Alabasta. I agree with Buck09 that Momo and Kinemon will be similar to Vivi and be short term Strawhat partners. I feel that at the moment there is not enough heartbreak in Momo and Kinemon's past to warrant them being Strawhats. Looking at the last three crew members Brook, Franky, and especially Robin, it is almost a requirement that Strawhat members have a really fantastic but at the same time tragic past. Don't get me wrong, there is still more to learn about the father/son duo, especially why Momo ran away from Wano, but I have a feeling that it is not as earth shattering as the previous Strawhat members. In fact looking at all the Strawhats past, Zoro, Sanji, and Usopp are the only members that don't have a gut wrenching childhood. What do you guys think? Does the character's back story equal the number one reason for Oda to add a character to the Strawhat crew?

Side note, I cannot start a new thread since I don't have enough postings as a new member, but was wondering if anyone would like to start a thread on power rankings in the New World since Punk Hazard is starting to wrap up, and new challenges are on the horizon such as Doflamingo.
dmaner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dmaner For This Useful Post:
Buck09 (12-21-2012), Senkradlol (12-24-2012)