Live Action Street Fighter Film - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Movies & Television

Movies & Television Talk about your favorite classic or new movies here and also talk about your favorite television shows!

Old 09-06-2007, 03:35 PM   #1
goku100
I own j00!

goku100 will become famous soon enoughgoku100 will become famous soon enough
Live Action Street Fighter Film

Variety reports that Andrzej Bartkowiak, the director of the much-criticized Doom film, has been signed to direct the upcoming live-action Street Fighter film. The site reports that production is set to begin early next year, with Fox distributing and Hyde Park and Capcom producing.

Bartkowiak’s past credits include Romeo Must Die, Exit Wounds and Cradle to the Grave, as well as credits on Speed and Lethal Weapon 4. The Street Fighter film has been penned by Justin Marks, who is also working on other film adaptations including Voltron, He-Man and Super Max.

The upcoming Street Fighter film will focus on Chun-Li exclusively, as she embarks on a journey for justice.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:40 PM   #2
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,474 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold
Re: Live Action Street Fighter Film

LOL DOUBLEPOST. WORST. MOD. EVER.

But yeah. Known about this for ages. Since Chun-Li is a shit character, I can't see this being too much good. Unless Ryu and Ken get heavily involved. And Dan. GADOUKEN!
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 09:40 PM   #3
Distortion
Special Jounin

Distortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
GADOUKEN!

Hadouken*

------------------------

Oh god, and here I thought this movie could actually be somewhat good. CHUN LI? I mean c'mon, dayum. I can care less if someone were to superman that hoe. As soon as I saw street fighter I thought of "Ryu" not some asian police lady on patrol for justice. ZzZzzzzz I know for a fact though, this movie won't be as bad as the last live action street fighter movie.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:23 AM   #4
fieldscarcrow
Missing-Nin

fieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distortion View Post
Hadouken*

------------------------

Oh god, and here I thought this movie could actually be somewhat good. CHUN LI? I mean c'mon, dayum. I can care less if someone were to superman that hoe. As soon as I saw street fighter I thought of "Ryu" not some asian police lady on patrol for justice. ZzZzzzzz I know for a fact though, this movie won't be as bad as the last live action street fighter movie.
Id like an akuma movie better then ryu's though >_>
fieldscarcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:41 PM   #5
OffTheChain

OffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure Evil

He has done awesome in the past, but as long as it's not like the old live action street fighter film. oh gawd 8D
OffTheChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:39 PM   #6
G
S-Ranked Negro

Thanked 1,261 Times in 458 Posts
G has a reputation beyond reputeG has a reputation beyond reputeG has a reputation beyond reputeG has a reputation beyond reputeG has a reputation beyond reputeG has a reputation beyond reputeG has a reputation beyond reputeG has a reputation beyond reputeG has a reputation beyond reputeG has a reputation beyond reputeG has a reputation beyond repute

They are really getting desperate for movie ideas :/

I dont think this will be very good and Doom sucked.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:57 PM   #7
blake
Hunter-Nin

blake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura about

wow romeo must die and doom. and who wants to see chun li, its all about ryu and ken. but it probably wont be too good
blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:21 PM   #8
Hiraku
Puppet Master

Hiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of light

who wants to see live action films of old anime from the 80s thats just sad they cant make any good movies ideas.

The Look of Innocence
Hiraku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:32 PM   #9
sheik
S-Ranked Shinobi

sheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enough

I bet They are going to use Brad Pitt for Ryu or some other idiot......

Why Chun-Li?

What happened to Typhoon_4434?
made by rasenganfox

sheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:34 PM   #10
balmung5000
cpas

Thanked 4,878 Times in 1,982 Posts
balmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura about

chun li fails on too many levels
of course i will see this movie on release date
but still
i hope other chars are involved and not just cameos
balmung5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:18 PM   #11
Assaulter
Symphony of Destruction

Assaulter will become famous soon enoughAssaulter will become famous soon enoughAssaulter will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by balmung5000 View Post
chun li fails on too many levels
of course i will see this movie on release date
but still
i hope other chars are involved and not just cameos
Being how with a post like that I see you don't know to much about the Street Fighter canon.

Chun Li is probably being focused on because of her immense interactions with just about every street fighter character. So in the process of this you can see Ryu and Ken being major characters. As well as Guile. If they don't do the same thing they did with the old Street Fighter movie (i.e. make E. Honda hawaiian, or make Ryu american.) then yes it will be a good movie.

All I really want to see is Bison not being the key bad buy, because of the fact that in street fighter he isn't a long lasting character and not very interesting on top of that. Lets have it be Akuma.

Assaulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 03:50 PM   #12
balmung5000
cpas

Thanked 4,878 Times in 1,982 Posts
balmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assaulter View Post
Being how with a post like that I see you don't know to much about the Street Fighter canon.

Chun Li is probably being focused on because of her immense interactions with just about every street fighter character. So in the process of this you can see Ryu and Ken being major characters. As well as Guile. If they don't do the same thing they did with the old Street Fighter movie (i.e. make E. Honda hawaiian, or make Ryu american.) then yes it will be a good movie.

All I really want to see is Bison not being the key bad buy, because of the fact that in street fighter he isn't a long lasting character and not very interesting on top of that. Lets have it be Akuma.
of course i do know who chun li is
i was just voicing my dislike for her character
and yes she does have ties with just about everyone in teh series
i just dont really like her that much
i guess the root of that is because i cant use her too effectivly in the games
so i was focusing more on that
i guess looking back that wasnt too fair
i would honestly liek to see more of back sotry then the story thro street fighter 2
you know with characters such as eagle and the org birde and sagat
balmung5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 02:13 AM   #13
LonelyNinja

Doom was fuckin' hilarious, Street Fighter is going to leave me in a coma from laughter. I can only wait to see the previews.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:36 AM   #14
shadow_moon
ANBU

shadow_moon is a jewel in the roughshadow_moon is a jewel in the roughshadow_moon is a jewel in the roughshadow_moon is a jewel in the roughshadow_moon is a jewel in the roughshadow_moon is a jewel in the rough

been there, remember starring jean claude van damm as guile & kylie minogue as cammy... that sucks...

why not about ryu he's the hero of street fighter or why not tekken...
Old 09-08-2007, 07:34 AM   #15
fieldscarcrow
Missing-Nin

fieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku100 View Post
Variety reports that Andrzej Bartkowiak, the director of the much-criticized Doom film, has been signed to direct the upcoming live-action Street Fighter film. The site reports that production is set to begin early next year, with Fox distributing and Hyde Park and Capcom producing.

Bartkowiak’s past credits include Romeo Must Die, Exit Wounds and Cradle to the Grave, as well as credits on Speed and Lethal Weapon 4. The Street Fighter film has been penned by Justin Marks, who is also working on other film adaptations including Voltron, He-Man and Super Max.

The upcoming Street Fighter film will focus on Chun-Li exclusively, as she embarks on a journey for justice.
When you mentioned Bartkowiak I was very happy and I was realy eager to watch this movie. (I love all those movies he dirceted) But now I want to hurt someone becuase of the chun li thing. WTF! The with van damn was horrible, and this sounds no different. Same with resident evil movies. Just stick to the game! Follow everyones story line, and make them intertwine in a not sucky way. Dont tottaly re make the whole thing! Uhg! whatever!
fieldscarcrow is offline   Reply With Quote