Itachi's status development.. - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 01-19-2008, 06:04 PM   #1
SharinganWarrior
Chuunin

SharinganWarrior will become famous soon enoughSharinganWarrior will become famous soon enoughSharinganWarrior will become famous soon enough
Itachi's status development..

Am I the only one that thinks that Itachi has degraded as a villian?

Itachi was the villian or badguy, that was mentioned first in Naruto.. A great master of genjutsu, ninjutsu, taijutsu and so on.. The man, who supposedly killed the most powerful clan and feared all through Konoha.. The man who with a blink of an eye defeated the legendary sannin, Orochimaru..

It took one chapter to reduce him to mere pawn, a piece in someone elses plan.. A mysterious character, who no one actually knew anything about, has releaved his motives, someone else motives and ideas.. He isnt in my "top 5" anymore..

I had so high hopes for Itachi, but Im so disappointed.. Unless all he said is a lie, hes going to drop even further down..

Last edited by SharinganWarrior; 01-19-2008 at 06:06 PM.
SharinganWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 07:17 PM   #2
MikeyM1979
Hokage

MikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud of
Re: Itachi's status development..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharinganWarrior View Post
Am I the only one that thinks that Itachi has degraded as a villian?
As a villain? No. I don't believe so. He's still the villain he once was, or was once shown to be. The only difference is that the Godly level that his fanboys have thought he was at, has been toned down by the fact that there's another Uchiha who is above him, and that's Madara. Hell, Itachi even pretended to be a caring brother to Sasuke. You don't get much more eviler than that.

Quote:
Itachi was the villian or badguy, that was mentioned first in Naruto.. A great master of genjutsu, ninjutsu, taijutsu and so on.. The man, who supposedly killed the most powerful clan and feared all through Konoha.. The man who with a blink of an eye defeated the legendary sannin, Orochimaru..
He wasn't feared through out all of Konoha. o_O He was notorious for his part in the Uchiha massacre, but he wasn't feared. Kakashi wasn't afraid of him the way he was with Oro. Gai wasn't afraid of Itachi. Neither was Kurenai, and she stinks. Asuma showed Itachi no fear.

Quote:
It took one chapter to reduce him to mere pawn, a piece in someone elses plan.. A mysterious character, who no one actually knew anything about, has releaved his motives, someone else motives and ideas.. He isnt in my "top 5" anymore..
I'm not sure if you forgot or didn't know this, but Itachi's been a pawn in someone else's plan since he joined Akatsuki. The difference is he's been the pawn of a potentially more powerful character, not Pain. I've yet to see Itachi fanboy Pain the way he's done with Madara.

Quote:
I had so high hopes for Itachi, but Im so disappointed.. Unless all he said is a lie, hes going to drop even further down..
I really don't get why people are so disappointed. Itachi is still a powerful ninja, and a very dangerous one. Him being the student and accomplice of Madara doesn't change a damn thing, except for the fact that now, Itachi truly is an expendable character. But that was bound to happen eventually anyway. I think you guys really need to get over this silly shit. >.>
MikeyM1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 08:06 PM   #3
SharinganWarrior
Chuunin

SharinganWarrior will become famous soon enoughSharinganWarrior will become famous soon enoughSharinganWarrior will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyM1979 View Post
As a villain? No. I don't believe so. He's still the villain he once was, or was once shown to be. The only difference is that the Godly level that his fanboys have thought he was at, has been toned down by the fact that there's another Uchiha who is above him, and that's Madara. Hell, Itachi even pretended to be a caring brother to Sasuke. You don't get much more eviler than that.
I have to disgree on that one, mate... You dont think he was introduced and presented as one with Godly powers?.. Ha.. Him being in the Akatsuki wasnt bad, but atcually a bit awesome, cuz it seemed like he wanted to (killin' Uchihas was a test like Deidara, how blind I was), he saw a greater purpose in Pain's plan.. Willin' being a part in the Akatsuki.. Since there is an other Uchiha who's above him, and he seems to be doin' what Madara wants him to.. Not be free will (might be free will, but he has become Madara's bitch, just like Haku was to Zabuza..

Quote:
He wasn't feared through out all of Konoha. o_O He was notorious for his part in the Uchiha massacre, but he wasn't feared. Kakashi wasn't afraid of him the way he was with Oro. Gai wasn't afraid of Itachi. Neither was Kurenai, and she stinks. Asuma showed Itachi no fear.
Might have exaggeratin' a bit.. Kakashi and Gai might not have shared the same apprehensiveness as Asuma and Kurenai, but they werent exactly thrilled to see Itachi and Kisame..

Quote:
I'm not sure if you forgot or didn't know this, but Itachi's been a pawn in someone else's plan since he joined Akatsuki. The difference is he's been the pawn of a potentially more powerful character, not Pain. I've yet to see Itachi fanboy Pain the way he's done with Madara.
A pawn in the Akatsuki, not as I see it, far from it.. But he is to Madara big time, and I simply dont like it.. In part 1, I never thought that Itachi actions and motives towards Sasuke had anything to do with the organisation's, Akatsuki's goals, and still dont think Sasuke has.. Hes only important to Madara, and Im pretty sure Pain couldnt care less for Sasuke, just like the former members didnt.. Its probably only Itachi, who knows what Madara's true intentions is..

Quote:
I really don't get why people are so disappointed. Itachi is still a powerful ninja, and a very dangerous one. Him being the student and accomplice of Madara doesn't change a damn thing, except for the fact that now, Itachi truly is an expendable character. But that was bound to happen eventually anyway. I think you guys really need to get over this silly shit. >.>
Accomplice to killin' the Uchihas, nothing more, and now a pawn in Madara's plan,, thats all there is.. An expandable character, that is what I deeply hate.. Get over it.. Whatever man.. Such a great and mystery character wasted in just one chapter..

I truely had high hopes for him.. Him makin' one last heroic act in the end to safe either Naruto or Sasuke.. Itachi said to Naruto "I merely wish to talk with you".. I thought hell yah, there more to Itachi.. Hes got some masterplan, a meaning behind his actions.. "The result justicfies the deed", or however that old saying is.. What a letdown..
Old 01-19-2008, 07:54 PM   #4
Anbu-Kakashi
Missing-Nin

Anbu-Kakashi has a spectacular aura aboutAnbu-Kakashi has a spectacular aura aboutAnbu-Kakashi has a spectacular aura aboutAnbu-Kakashi has a spectacular aura about

Itachi is as powerful as ever big deal he was on the side of madara that didn't stop him from killing the clan sure he had madara with him however my money is that itachi did almost all the work and he isn't a pwn in anything he killed that clan on his own free will. And in case you haven't noticed everyone in aka is a pwn why aren't you making threads about that yeah i thought so...

As for itachi he is still proving why he is feared mikey i disagree with you itachi basically defeated all 3 of those jounin with his eyes and nothing more as his speed and taijutsu alone proved way to much for even a sharingan user.

Itachi like it or not is a great ninja and super powerful sasuke still has a long road ahead of him to get to itachi and an even longer road to get to madara,itachi single handedly defeated on of the most powerful and gifted uchiha Shisui uchiha nicknamed the mirage.

Sure i am to disappointed to some degree how everything turned out i even was about to leave the boards for a while but decided to see how it goes instead but then again guys did we really really think it wold turn out another way i myself waited for this ever since i saw that statue of madara i knew from the tenju theory that something would be right and i knew that statue was it.
Anbu-Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 08:20 PM   #5
MikeyM1979
Hokage

MikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anbu-Kakashi View Post
As for itachi he is still proving why he is feared mikey i disagree with you itachi basically defeated all 3 of those jounin with his eyes and nothing more as his speed and taijutsu alone proved way to much for even a sharingan user.
I meant he isn't feared in a Yondaime way, as in, Konoha never ordered any of their strong nins to run away from Itachi on sight. Those Jounins he fought along side Kisame didn't run from Itachi. That's what I meant when I say he wasn't feared.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:45 PM   #6
Anbu-Kakashi
Missing-Nin

Anbu-Kakashi has a spectacular aura aboutAnbu-Kakashi has a spectacular aura aboutAnbu-Kakashi has a spectacular aura aboutAnbu-Kakashi has a spectacular aura about

@SW

Bro itachi is none ones bitch i don't were the fuk you are getting this haku was willing to die for zabuza he literally licked his ass if that's a bitch then pain is madara's bitch zetsu is madara's bitch aka is madara's btch wtf r u talking about get over it ok there is someone more pwerful than itachi it's madara and he taught itachi everything he knws which is why we have a bad ass ninja.

So stop whining because speaking of a bitch it makes you look like one no offence at all just stating a fact and sorry if you are offended but that's the truth ok itachi is still a bad ass still powerful big deal he is helping his mentor out everyone does that the students are suppose to do that.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:28 AM   #7
SharinganWarrior
Chuunin

Quote:
@SW

Bro itachi is none ones bitch i don't were the fuk you are getting this haku was willing to die for zabuza he literally licked his ass if that's a bitch then pain is madara's bitch zetsu is madara's bitch aka is madara's btch wtf r u talking about get over it ok there is someone more pwerful than itachi it's madara and he taught itachi everything he knws which is why we have a bad ass ninja.
No one in Akatsuki was Pain's bitch.. All of the members fought for same goal, monopoly on war.. No one was willin' to die for Pain.. None.. To some extend, they did want he said, cuz they were a part of the plan... An example, instead of fightin' Konoha, and gettin' Naruto, Deidara chose to take on Sasuke...

Quote:
So stop whining because speaking of a bitch it makes you look like one no offence at all just stating a fact and sorry if you are offended but that's the truth ok itachi is still a bad ass still powerful big deal he is helping his mentor out everyone does that the students are suppose to do that.
No offense.. Heh.. Whatever, bro...

I know Itachi is still a very skilled nin (didnt mention anything that would say otherwise), but thats not what Im talkin about, kid, is that Itachi status as character has dropped greatly by being pawn, an easily expendable character.. That want I hate..

Use some commas and periods, dude.. Its really annoying readin' your posts..

Last edited by SharinganWarrior; 01-20-2008 at 07:59 AM.
SharinganWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:48 AM   #8
Anbu-Kakashi
Missing-Nin

Quote:
No one in Akatsuki was Pain's bitch.. All of the members fought for same goal, monopoly on war.. No one was willin' to die for Pain.. None.. To some extend, they did want he said, cuz they were a part of the plan... An example, instead of fightin' Konoha, and gettin' Naruto, Deidara chose to take on Sasuke...

No offense.. Heh.. Whatever, bro...

I know Itachi is still a very skilled nin (didnt mention anything that would say otherwise), but thats not what Im talkin about, kid, is that Itachi status as character has dropped greatly by being pawn, an easily expendable character.. That want I hate..

Dude did you not read the manga itachi said"My accomplice and my mentor" he said my meaning uchiha madara was helping itachi not the other way around so if you define that as a bitch then madara is a bitch.

Who said itachi is willing to die for madara don't state things that haven't even been hinted yet in the manga.

You can whine about it all day but in the end you are still wrong,and you need to stop crying and get over it that's it nothing happened to itachi so i don't know why you are making a big deal out of this.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:50 PM   #9
SharinganWarrior
Chuunin

Quote:
Dude did you not read the manga itachi said"My accomplice and my mentor" he said my meaning uchiha madara was helping itachi not the other way around so if you define that as a bitch then madara is a bitch.

Who said itachi is willing to die for madara don't state things that haven't even been hinted yet in the manga.

You can whine about it all day but in the end you are still wrong,and you need to stop crying and get over it that's it nothing happened to itachi so i don't know why you are making a big deal out of this.
You're right, nothing has happend to Itachi.. He is still as skilled and powerful as ever, but that is far from the point.. It is Itachi's status as a character that has changed greatly, okay.. From being introduced as character that single handedly slaughtered the Uchihas till one who had help killin' them.. He doesnt seem so awesome anymore..

And Im goin' to whine as you it all I want.. A character with such potential to become even greater is gone.. Thats what I hate.. So far its seems like Im the only one who is disappointed with Itachi's latest development.. Im fine with that..
Old 01-20-2008, 11:31 AM   #10
trondah
ANBU

trondah is a jewel in the roughtrondah is a jewel in the roughtrondah is a jewel in the roughtrondah is a jewel in the roughtrondah is a jewel in the roughtrondah is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
If you are going to insult someone's writing, you should first make sure that you are writing correctly yourself. To put it this way, you are not only raping the English language, but using commas and periods in all the wrong places too.

Hashirama Senju, the man hailed as the best shinobi of all time.
trondah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:36 AM   #11
Anbu-Kakashi
Missing-Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by trondah View Post
If you are going to insult someone's writing, you should first make sure that you are writing correctly yourself. To put it this way, you are not only raping the English language, but using commas and periods in all the wrong places too.
Lol thx but i don't really care what he says since this isn't some essay for school i write the way I please.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:46 AM   #12
D4rKR34v3r
ANBU

Location: Wow, if you are reading this stop trying to stalk me
D4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud of

Lol quoted wrong post.

I agree, Itachi has gotten weaker, but it is probably because he is becoming blind. He obtained the MKS about 6 year ago? So he is probably relying on genjutsu more than he is using his other skills. It would be fun to see if Madara still has his vision, or if he is blind.

Last edited by D4rKR34v3r; 01-20-2008 at 11:47 AM.
D4rKR34v3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 02:24 AM   #13
wayne788
Academy Student

wayne788 is an unknown quantity at this point

we already knew itatchi wasnt the strongest, baddest, most feared villain in naruto.. because.. he was working for the akatsuki the entire time. which means there was always someone stronger than him somewhere...

itatchi is still a beast that should be feared though. where there is good, theres better.... mandara is just the "better" in this situation where as itatchi is just the "good" one. dont discredit itatchi and his power because even though he isnt the strongest... all the sasuke fanboys still cant fck with the itatchi fanboys...

itatchi is still a force to be wreckoned with.
Old 01-20-2008, 04:01 AM   #14
sesshoumaru hyuuga
Genin

sesshoumaru hyuuga is an unknown quantity at this point

itachi is working with akatsuki, but that does not mean there is someone stronger than him, true madara is, but for all we know madara and itachi can have a plan of their own.

sesshoumaru hyuuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:02 AM   #15
MikeyM1979
Hokage

I'm fairly sure Pain could take Itachi. Being that Itachi prefered to flee from battle against base Jiraiya, while Hermit Mode Jiraiya was taken out by Pain.