So, this Bleach thing... - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Bleach Series

Bleach Series Talk about Bleach, a widely popular anime and manga series in here!

Old 02-28-2008, 06:15 PM   #1
MikeyM1979
Hokage

MikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud of
So, this Bleach thing...

Is it any good? I think I spoke with Nami about this before, but I totally forgot, because I'm old. xD So is it good? The only other animes I've seen were DBZ, DBGT, Naruto, and Naruto Shippuuden. I'm wondering how Bleach at least stacks up to Naruto in general. I'm starting off watching the Japanese episodes. I've already gotten my hands on episodes 1-50, and am currently obtaining episodes 51-100, and so on. I'm mainly giving Bleach a serious look at due to some fight clips I saw via YouTube. I thought it looked interesting and a bit fun, somewhat...DBZ-ish, if only a little.

I'm starting off with the Japanese anime, not the manga. I'll probably begin reading the manga itself once I've reached the last released anime episode, so please don't mention any spoilers here for me.

One of the reasons I'm also giving Bleach a look at, is because I'm actually a bit bored with Naruto. I've loved the series from the start, but, I'm just really impatient. Yes, I'm sure it's quite a lot of hard work, releasing 18 minute Shippuuden episodes, and 15-18 page manga chapters on a weekly basis. But I get bored easily, so I'm willing to check out Bleach. And it seems I have a ton to catch up on. Um, and also, Naruto is really beginning to get stale for me. =\
MikeyM1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:32 PM   #2
nagato27
Chuunin

nagato27 has a spectacular aura aboutnagato27 has a spectacular aura aboutnagato27 has a spectacular aura aboutnagato27 has a spectacular aura aboutnagato27 has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Re: So, this Bleach thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyM1979 View Post
Is it any good? I think I spoke with Nami about this before, but I totally forgot, because I'm old. xD So is it good? The only other animes I've seen were DBZ, DBGT, Naruto, and Naruto Shippuuden. I'm wondering how Bleach at least stacks up to Naruto in general. I'm starting off watching the Japanese episodes. I've already gotten my hands on episodes 1-50, and am currently obtaining episodes 51-100, and so on. I'm mainly giving Bleach a serious look at due to some fight clips I saw via YouTube. I thought it looked interesting and a bit fun, somewhat...DBZ-ish, if only a little.

I'm starting off with the Japanese anime, not the manga. I'll probably begin reading the manga itself once I've reached the last released anime episode, so please don't mention any spoilers here for me.

One of the reasons I'm also giving Bleach a look at, is because I'm actually a bit bored with Naruto. I've loved the series from the start, but, I'm just really impatient. Yes, I'm sure it's quite a lot of hard work, releasing 18 minute Shippuuden episodes, and 15-18 page manga chapters on a weekly basis. But I get bored easily, so I'm willing to check out Bleach. And it seems I have a ton to catch up on. Um, and also, Naruto is really beginning to get stale for me. =\
Well...mikey as most would say where Naruto is concerned you gotta start from the beginning to fully understand Bleach...so my advice to you would be to start reading the manga from the beginning n watching various episodes including the fillers on youtube or download them from another site. I think you will find similarities between bleach n naruto but not totally as Bleavh seems to be more adult oriented...and the action always seems to be fast paced with minimal flashbacks as well.

Who the HELL do you think We ARE???!!!(Dai Gurren Brigade- Gurren Lagann)

Where the leaves fall...Fire will burn. That is the WILL of FIRE in Konoha.

Member of Anime/Manga Pairings Fanclub
Member of Final Fantasy FC
Member of Team 07 Fan Club
nagato27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:48 PM   #3
Namikaze85
Missing-Nin

Namikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: So, this Bleach thing...

Quote:

You gotta start watching from the beginning but it's worth it or reading but the anime is very good too and the GOOD GUYS ACTUALLY LOSE and the plot isn't as bad as in naruto give a whirl it's nice you will like it.

The main characters well overall main are shinigami who wield what they call soul slayers in english each having abilities shikai and bankai.

Shikai is the first release fo the sword which makes it appear differently then just a plain katana bankai is the highest stage of your soul slayer and is very hard to attain for many some have better bankai's then other while some shikai's such as the captains head shinigami and aizen biggest bad ass in the seires/villain their shikai are better then every bankai at least in my opinion because of their ability.

Captains- shikai looks like a giant phoenix fire very powerful

Aizen- shikai is like a genjutsu called Kyoko suigestu even though having a water name kyoko suigestu casts an unbreakable illusion much more poweful then genujutsu seen in naruti tsukuyomi included not frog genjutsu though lol.

As for these 2 guys bankia they haven't been revealed yet but most likley pwn all.

Give it a try the combat is very nice animations are always good to anf filers don't suck like naruto's.

Overall a good watch /read.

Last edited by Namikaze85; 02-28-2008 at 06:53 PM.
Namikaze85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:51 PM   #4
MikeyM1979
Hokage

MikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud of

Watching the first episode as we speak. Seems interesting. Ichigo can see ghosts. And uh...

LMAO@the father/son rivalry Ichi has with his dad!

Death God seems kinda badass. I hope she's still in the series later on.

lol@Ichi's dad blaming his daughter's mean streak on puberty.

Nagato, this does seem somewhat adult. I have a feeling I'm really going to enjoy this.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:54 PM   #5
Namikaze85
Missing-Nin

Namikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Watching the first episode as we speak. Seems interesting. Ichigo can see ghosts. And uh...

LMAO@the father/son rivalry Ichi has with his dad!

Death God seems kinda badass. I hope she's still in the series later on.

lol@Ichi's dad blaming his daughter's mean streak on puberty.

Nagato, this does seem somewhat adult. I have a feeling I'm really going to enjoy this.
you will read my edit.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:57 PM   #6
MikeyM1979
Hokage

Wait wait, so Death God has a sword with 2 levels: Shikai and Bankai? Hm.

xD I knew you'd stick up for Jiraiya's frog genjutsu!
Old 02-28-2008, 06:59 PM   #7
Namikaze85
Missing-Nin

Quote:
Wait wait, so Death God has a sword with 2 levels: Shikai and Bankai? Hm.

xD I knew you'd stick up for Jiraiya's frog genjutsu!
Yeah well aizen's illusion can't kill people in a shot only make them think everything is real he even amanged to kill a whole council and fool everyone including the head shinigami that they are all well thanks to his soul slayers shikai.

As for power goes aizen is prety much the most powerful only one that poses a challenge is head shinigami otherwise known as Yamamoto.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:05 PM   #8
dron2124
Chuunin

dron2124 is a jewel in the roughdron2124 is a jewel in the roughdron2124 is a jewel in the roughdron2124 is a jewel in the roughdron2124 is a jewel in the roughdron2124 is a jewel in the rough

bleach isn't bad in my opinion but were the anime is right now i got kinda bored with it so i switched to the manga but the manga and anime r actully very close maybe bout 10-20 episodes apart unlike naruto which u got about 200 or so chapters to go till they would catch up

proud member of:
dron2124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:53 PM   #9
MikeyM1979
Hokage

Very nice so far. I'm really digging the Hollows in the story. Now it makes sense why Ichi is a Death God.

Nami, am I wierd for thinking Ichi > Naruto, in terms of coolness? xD /continues watching
Old 02-28-2008, 09:03 PM   #10
garra.
Chuunin

garra. will become famous soon enoughgarra. will become famous soon enoughgarra. will become famous soon enough

Shows great one thing about this show is that they don't waste episodes staring at each other or having meaningless conversations,they do have flashbacks,however they aren't that long.The begining starts out a little slow but it gets so MUCH better.They probley shouldn't of told you the shikai bankai thing and left it as a surprise but oh well.One thing I should note about this show is that it has ALOT of action,like I said the begining starts out slow but after that it's like fight after fight after fight ect.

Oh and also I have 2 words for you Zaraki Kenpachi! You'll see what I mean soon enough.

Last edited by garra.; 02-28-2008 at 09:04 PM.
garra. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:19 PM   #11
Namikaze85
Missing-Nin

Quote:
Very nice so far. I'm really digging the Hollows in the story. Now it makes sense why Ichi is a Death God.

Nami, am I wierd for thinking Ichi > Naruto, in terms of coolness? xD /continues watching
They are both cool but ichigo is kinda cool though but naruto can totally kick his ass.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:15 PM   #12
YondaimeBunshin
Chuunin

YondaimeBunshin is on a distinguished roadYondaimeBunshin is on a distinguished road

Aw Nami I would have thought your earlier explainatory post might've spoiled it for Mikey ...

In any case I like Bleach because there aren't too many flashbacks and the action is an up-the-ante kind of fight as the series goes on the fights get more and more badass. The serious moments are really good too. I'll be interested to find out who is your favorite character when you're a good ways through it.

Fav action episodes (kinda guessing at the exact numbers): 29-32, 35-39, 41-44, 46-48, and 54-57. Oo can't forget episodes 110-125 (117-121 are especially badass in that set)

Last edited by YondaimeBunshin; 02-28-2008 at 11:17 PM.
YondaimeBunshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 03:46 PM   #13
Nexus
Susano'o Legend

Nexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant future

Quote:

Mikey, the show is great. Take my word for it.

[
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote