What version and Starter Pokemon will you choose if you get the game? (Pokemon) - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Gaming

Gaming Talk about your favorite video and pc games and console in this section!

Old 05-18-2009, 05:47 PM   #1
TucanaTheToucan
The Crazy Toucan

TucanaTheToucan is an unknown quantity at this point
Question What version and Starter Pokemon will you choose if you get the game? (Pokemon)

I'm just wondering if there are those who are going to get either the Heart Gold or the Soul Sliver versions of Pokemon games that are coming soon.
If you had to pick only one, which will you choose and why?
As for the starters will you choose Chikorita, Cyndaquil, or Totodile?
Why so?

As for me, I'm getting the Soul Silver version because one of my favorite Pokemon is Lugia. And, I'm getting a Totodile because I started all of my games out with a water-type starter Pokemon.
TucanaTheToucan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TucanaTheToucan For This Useful Post:
Chadthewicked (05-18-2009)
Old 05-18-2009, 07:51 PM   #2
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,402 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about
Re: What version and Starter Pokemon will you choose if you get the game? (Pokemon)

Soul Silver because that isn't a completely queer title and Lugia looks cooler than Ho-oh. I'd choose Cyndaquil because it fucking burns things.
LonelyNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LonelyNinja For This Useful Post:
Chadthewicked (05-18-2009), Miburo (05-19-2009), Sevi (05-20-2009), ShinobiKnight (05-20-2009)
Old 05-20-2009, 01:38 AM   #3
Sevi
Toothpick

Sevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to behold
Re: What version and Starter Pokemon will you choose if you get the game? (Pokemon)

^ From watching the gameplay trailer, it has been confirmed.
Quote:
The gameplay itself isn't that interesting -- the protagonist merely walks in circles a few times -- though we do get a good sense of the Pearl and Diamond-esque art style the remakes will adopt. Also, if this clip is any indication, it looks like your starter pokémon will follow your character around in a Pokémon Yellow-esque fashion. We feel so sorry for Pokémon detractors. If you guys had hearts, that news would make them feel pretty warm.
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/10/fi...lver-revealed/
Sevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:12 PM   #4
~ Lawliet ~
Genin

~ Lawliet ~ is an unknown quantity at this point

Would of course select Totodile as always, Feraligatr's awesome.
~ Lawliet ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:45 PM   #5
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

WTF?!? There is a new Pokeman game coming out? Fromt the description of the first post I'm correct in assuming its a port for Gold and Silver like Fire Red and Leaf Green?
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:30 PM   #6
Chadthewicked
Prinny Dood General

Chadthewicked is an unknown quantity at this point

For me, I'm get Soul Silver. I loved (and still have) my silver version. Awesome game (my fav in the series). As for the starter, Cyndaquil all the way. Not only is he powerful and cute, but he's one of the best fire types in pokemon.

Chadthewicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:30 AM   #7
CamzyD
Chuunin

CamzyD is an unknown quantity at this point

so its a new version of the pokemon silver and gold games? mmm

well i'd probably get soul silver-since i had the silver version anyway, and i'd start with cyndaquil since it could eliminate most of the gym leaders easily
CamzyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:54 PM   #8
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Sucks that we are going to have to wait a year before we get our hands on it. I've been dying to play a decent Nintendo game since the Wii failed me with all the "casual games for casual gamers" bullshit they pulled.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spiegel For This Useful Post:
CamzyD (05-19-2009)
Old 05-19-2009, 01:56 PM   #9
balmung5000
cpas

Thanked 4,878 Times in 1,982 Posts
balmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura about

ugh nintendo kills me
smart move on thier part
but they love making me buy
the same game
like 5 times

idk probly silver for me
balmung5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to balmung5000 For This Useful Post:
Miburo (05-19-2009)
Old 05-19-2009, 02:02 PM   #10
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

I'm not saying shit about how I don't want to buy it 'cause it'll be the same game... mainly because I'm downloading it.

But I really hope that they try something different with this because it is getting quite boring now. Also, Totodile all up in this bitch.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Miburo (05-19-2009), Spiegel (05-19-2009)
Old 05-19-2009, 07:24 PM   #11
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold

Cyndaquil.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:40 PM   #12
chisengan
travelling -nin

chisengan is on a distinguished road

no choice silver like b4 and me and my friend will do the trade thing and get all 3 starters
Old 05-20-2009, 01:32 AM   #13
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,402 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

I've heard tell of how the first Pokemon in your party will follow you around. Any confirmation?