Swine Flu - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Old 11-13-2009, 05:07 AM   #1
Lalalila
Missing-Nin

Thanked 1,101 Times in 752 Posts
Lalalila will become famous soon enoughLalalila will become famous soon enough
Swine Flu

Swine Flu, is it really that deadly? what do you guys think about vaccination? and how many people are sick and how many died in your country?
Lalalila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:28 AM   #2
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Swine Flu

We've got "no natural immunity" to it, but it's a pretty weak-ass virus from what I've heard, so I'm not at all worried. Fuck vaccines, my impenetrable immune system is all I need.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:13 PM   #3
Tzu Men
hostis humani generis

Thanked 2,697 Times in 854 Posts
Tzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
We've got "no natural immunity" to it, but it's a pretty weak-ass virus from what I've heard, so I'm not at all worried. Fuck vaccines, my impenetrable immune system is all I need.
Unless it mutates over this winter and acts like Spanish Flu. Then a strong immune system is a death ticket. Still, old folks like RNB would live on.
Tzu Men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:08 PM   #4
Mal
Scotch

Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

But if it mutates to that extent would the current vaccine still even be relevant?
Old 11-13-2009, 01:48 PM   #5
Tzu Men
hostis humani generis

Thanked 2,697 Times in 854 Posts
Tzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the rough

Probably not, I was more aiming to reply at the, "my impenetrable immune system is all I need," line.
Tzu Men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:54 PM   #6
Mal
Scotch

Yeah, but if the vaccine would be rendered useless anyway then I'm pretty much fucked regardless.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:21 PM   #7
Lalalila
Missing-Nin

Thanked 1,101 Times in 752 Posts
Lalalila will become famous soon enoughLalalila will become famous soon enough

In year 500 thousand people died from the regular flue. how many people died from swine flu? 6 thousand from the beginning of 2009 year. lol
Lalalila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:41 PM   #8
mewmew
Fodder-nin

mewmew is an unknown quantity at this point

the current strains ain't that deadly yet. but if somebody's engineering this super contagious flu vaccine with rabies in an underground lab somewhere somehow... lol
Old 01-03-2010, 01:51 AM   #9
Smiley
Academy Student

Smiley is an unknown quantity at this point

to mew mew and darth and person above him, you guys are pretty right, someone prob is engineering most of this stuff, and it is natural selection but unnatural means and again lots of it is pharm industry and mass marketing scams, did you know its illegal for any disease to be cured by something that isn't a drug in the US.. and the pharm companies are the ones who decide whats a disease and whats a drug.. like insominia is a disease depression, diareah come on now.. its would be illegal for me to "in the states" say to a guy suffering from scurvy here eat this orange and you'll feel better.. one cause i can't practice medicine.. to cause its not a drug.. also its illegal in the states to cure cancer without using one of the 3 methods, chemo, radiation and surgical removal crazy eh.. people have gotten way to greedy, we just need to have love, peace and harmony and reconinize every life as equal.. and no one's life is more important than someone else.. we need to grow and learn together as one, instead of fighting amoungst ourselves, and allowing people doing these crazy things to us..false flag ops, and such useing the safest, rememidies available drug or otherwise,not the banning of vitimans, and non nutritional food, codex alamentarus again I spell bad, theres always someone who says somethings fake, but usally they can only point out one thing and usually are the ones that are the frauds the truth is out there.. just gotta wade thru some bullshit to find it

-Adam
Smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:59 AM   #10
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough

My mother in law got it, she's in a very grave condition. She's one of those persons thats always with those alcohol things cleaning her hands and stuff. I hardly wash up my hands unless im gonna eat. I know it sounds bad, but there's bacteria in your hands that actually protect you, so if you keep killing those bacteria with that alcohol you're just leaving yourself open to attack, the moment when you forget and touch someone that might be infected it happens.

Not saying you shouldn't wash up your hands, because you have to, but ease up on the alcohol soap.

Last edited by manta; 11-20-2009 at 11:00 AM.
manta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:29 PM   #11
Kiba_is_mine
Chuunin

Kiba_is_mine will become famous soon enoughKiba_is_mine will become famous soon enough

It was around really bad during our winter (I am from Australia), we had lots of cases of it. I didn't get vaccinated and never got it either. The ones who died, had other illnesses at the same time, so their immune system was already weak and the Swine Flu made things worse.

If you are healthy and get it, apparently its just like any other flu...but check with a doctor.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:35 AM   #12
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,135 Times in 1,403 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

Just another bout of natural selection. Nothing to fear.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:23 AM   #13
zer0systm
Antagonist

Thanked 8,057 Times in 2,875 Posts
zer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nice

some of you may recall i was in japan during this whole OMG PIG SNIFFLES crisis i was walkin round japland no worries no mask nothing, i came back healthier than when i left, they offered the swine flu vac I wasn't interested but when one of the guys who was, was reading a form he had to fill out, in the fine print on the back it stated that not all side effects had been recognised and other stuff, so basically it was the first line of human testing...
Miburo (11-25-2009)
Old 11-25-2009, 01:40 PM   #14
Mal
Scotch

Not necessarily. It is impossible to know for certain if all side effects of any new vaccine or drug have been documented. People need to understand that no medication of any kind is guaranteed 100% safe, that's impossible.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Miburo (11-25-2009)
Old 11-25-2009, 02:45 PM   #15
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah. My sister works at a hospital and there was talk about mandatory vaccinations for all employees there. A lot of them were making a huge fuss about it because they were saying it wasn't safe and shit.

Thing is, it's pretty much just like any other flu vaccination that they do every year. It's not like the flu vaccination they're handing out this year is the same exact flu vaccination they used last year. It's a vaccination for newer strains of the flu that are predicted to be problematic this year. It's a different vaccination, not the same one with years of trials and shit behind it. Yet no one makes a big pussy hissy fit about normal flu vaccines.

Basically, people are goddamn pussies.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (11-25-2009), Mal (11-25-2009), Vanity (11-27-2009), zer0systm (11-25-2009)