IS the music industry really Satanic? - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section > Conspiracy Theories

Conspiracy Theories Talk about your theories here.

Old 02-19-2010, 03:27 AM   #1
Nakaichiro
Genin

Nakaichiro is on a distinguished roadNakaichiro is on a distinguished road
IS the music industry really Satanic?

http://vigilantcitizen.com/

So I was directed to this site by some random guy who finds this kind of stuff interesting. I admit I found it interesting from the view of it being another way to look at things. Like most logical people I find that hearing a different point of view is always of value, even if all the points made are utter rubbish. there is value in eliminating possible conclusions etc....

The conspiracy theory is not in my post so much as in the bloggers material. This guy makes some seriously outrageous claims, like Beyonce, Rihanna, Jay-Z, are all satanists, as can be seen by their song lyrics, music videos and actions... Supposedly. It would seem that they have all been initiated into the 'fold' by the higher ups in the music industry, that basically say, accept the devil and you will be the biggest star and make tons of cash, but you have to incorporate his evil subliminal messaging into your lyrics and videos......

Now I have no problem with people coming up with theories like this, what I do have the problem with is that this guy bases most of his "Reviews" on certain assumptions and then rolls with it.
My personal favourite being the article on Rihanna's Umbrella.
Here is the link if you want to read it http://vigilantcitizen.com/?p=175.
Right in the beginning of his interpretation of the music video he states this:

Quote:
The first thing that you need to know about the song’s lyrics is that Rihanna sings the whole song but she actually takes on two roles. During the first half of the song, she plays the role of an evil entity that is trying to seduce and possess Rihanna. For the purpose of this analysis we’ll call this entity the Devil. The second role she plays is herself. So the song is basically a dialog between the Devil and Rihanna. The video of the song makes this very clear and we’ll explain how later.
And the entire post, claims this to be about being evil trying to posses good, and winning. As you can see from this quote, he bases the whole review on the assumption that the first rihanna dressed in black is the devil. He even says the words, "For the purpose of this analysis" ummmmm, last time I checked, those words that preface an assumption.

This is a bit further in:
Quote:
The we see Rihanna dressed in black and wearing a top-hat, a visual clue to represent the evil entity, which is masculine. The long, claw-like fingernails give a sense of a demonic, ungodly creature. When Rihanna starts singing, she moves in sexually seductive way to reflect the Devil’s attempt to seduce Rihanna. He wants to possess her not only mentally but physically also.
So now wearing a top hat is a visual clue to represent evil? And suddenly moving seductively with eye catching attire is evil? Exaggerated fingernails are now indicative of evil too. They could in no way be a slightly different spin on "Sex sells" could they? I mean artist are not meant to evolve their visual repertoire to keep things fresh and new are they?

He even goes so far as to say that the part of the music video where Rihanna is attempting to bat away the "water" is her actually defending herself against the devils semen?!
Then in the next scene she is covered in it ,"Silver like substance", and dances inside a pyramid apparently showing that she has been raped by the devil and is now dancing inside his penis. I mean have you ever heard of something so contrived? Bah!!!!

Anyway, im being a little facetious here.
The reason that I wanted to put this up here is to hear some other fairly logical views about this guy's stuff. Because 99% of the comments left on the blog seem to be from the fervent believers in evil being present in the western entertainment industry. Quite frankly it scares the crap out of me, knowing that there are so many of them that react like this is the only truth, even though they have the entire internet at their disposal. Then again they are the type that likes to be spoon fed instead of seeking out the information for themselves.

Is it just me thinking that this guy is clutching at straws, and hiding it behind what " would appear to be (on the surface)" a good knowledge of symbolism?

*Edits are mainly for grammar and spelling

Last edited by Nakaichiro; 02-19-2010 at 03:31 AM.
Nakaichiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:03 AM   #2
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: IS the music industry really Satanic?

Better question: Is this thread retarded?

Answer: Very.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (08-26-2012), kluang (08-26-2012), Miburo (02-19-2010), RNB (02-19-2010)
Old 02-19-2010, 09:16 AM   #3
zer0systm
Antagonist

Thanked 8,057 Times in 2,875 Posts
zer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nice

tl;dr
ALSO:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Better question: Is this thread retarded?

Answer: Very.
/thread
Miburo (02-19-2010)
Old 02-19-2010, 03:48 PM   #4
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I thought this thread was going to be about file sharing or some shit, and the title wasn't meant to be taken literally. Because taken literally, it's an extremely retarded topic. As my esteemed comrades have already pointed out.

I can in no way fathom being able to have an intelligent discussion on this topic. The only reason I'm not closing this thread is out of fairness, because it's just as stupid as the majority of the conspiracy theory threads here. In fact, the only good conspiracy theory in this entire section is the one I made fucking years ago.

So just wait till some mudhutters see this and try to defend the stance of music industry being the devil, since they're the only people that will. Anyone who's actually a civilized, non-retarded, non-savage would just say it's a stupid blog, like most every other blog in existence, and leave it at that.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (08-26-2012), Mal (08-26-2012)
Old 02-19-2010, 11:07 PM   #5
Vanity
Succumb

Thanked 5,991 Times in 2,240 Posts
Vanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really nice

To be fair, Jay-Z's music is pretty bad. I'd attack him, too.
Speak to me.
Why do you never speak?
Speak.
What are you thinking of?
What thinking?
What?

I never know what you are thinking.
Think.
Vanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:50 AM   #6
zer0systm
Antagonist

Thanked 8,057 Times in 2,875 Posts
zer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nice

philidelphia grand jury 99 problems > Jay-Z
Vanity (02-20-2010)
Old 08-25-2012, 11:09 PM   #7
gringie
my ninja way!

gringie is an unknown quantity at this point

great thread, u should of gave examples with other music videos as well besides this one... there's a lot more way before this one... is that this one is way more explainable

I'll toss your baby with an explosive seal tag on it!!!
gringie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:36 AM   #8
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

The more of your posts I read the more I support your proposed No Retards rule.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
ACt (08-26-2012), ask me anything (08-26-2012), kael03 (08-26-2012), Miburo (08-26-2012), Numinous (08-26-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (08-26-2012), T9F (08-26-2012), Vanity (08-26-2012), xxMESTxx (08-27-2012)
Old 08-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #9
gringie
my ninja way!

y u don't believe there's subliminal satanic messages in songs or music videos? this is a conspiracy section what's the point of it then? just ban it from the site then, if you feel like it attracts people like me...

Old 08-26-2012, 01:18 PM   #10
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringie View Post
y u don't believe there's subliminal satanic messages in songs or music videos?
If by satanic you mean "greedy executives trying to appeal to the masses instead of making actually good music", by all means, yes!

Quote:
this is a conspiracy section what's the point of it then? just ban it from the site then, if you feel like it attracts people like me...
One thing is a conspiracy theory, another is a retarded conspiracy theory, like this one.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (08-26-2012), kael03 (08-26-2012), Mal (08-26-2012), Miburo (08-26-2012), xxMESTxx (08-27-2012)
Old 08-26-2012, 01:20 PM   #11
gringie
my ninja way!

then y is it still here for me to post in it...

Old 08-26-2012, 01:24 PM   #12
Numinous

Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
then y is it still here for me to post in it...
Gee, I dunno, because the mods don't care to close a thread that died long ago and some idiot thought necro'ing it was somehow funny?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (08-26-2012), kael03 (08-26-2012), Mal (08-26-2012), Miburo (08-26-2012), xxMESTxx (08-27-2012)
Old 08-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #13
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

What is wrong with this retard? His reaction to everything is always "durr hurr why don't you ban it then?"

Damn, retard. Do you actually believe music is the devil or what-the-fuck-ever? Then post some actual evidence that supports your stance. If you're just going to go "Oh yeah, I believe music is the devil" and that's it then there isn't anything to actually discuss then. So we just call you a retard for posting like a retard.

But seriously, if you think we should just ban people like you posting stupid shit then say so. Because I will have no problem banning you if you actually support it. I won't ban the other retards because they're not going around saying we should.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (08-26-2012), kael03 (08-26-2012), Mal (08-26-2012), Numinous (08-26-2012), xxMESTxx (08-27-2012)
Old 08-26-2012, 01:48 PM   #14
gringie
my ninja way!

wow!! talk about issues!!! all i posted is that i agreed with the op, everybody else put their two cents in it and calling me names... why should i post proof if you don't even care for the matter, you just care that i posted in this thread from what i reading.. the funny thing num agrees with the fact but still calls it retarded... ok cool, but thinks im being funny for posting in it... which im not... if it's an old thread who cares, it's in a section no one really post in anymore

Last edited by gringie; 08-26-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:53 PM   #15
Numinous

Quote:
all i posted is that i agreed with the op, everybody else put their two cents in it and calling me names...
Maybe it's because of this:

Quote:
the funny thing num agrees with the fact but still calls it retarded...
Quote:
but thinks im being funny for posting in it... which im not...
Learn how to read next time.

Quote:
if it's an old thread who cares, it's in a section no one really post in anymore
I wonder how does your brain even work.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
kael03 (08-26-2012), Mal (08-26-2012), Miburo (08-26-2012), xxMESTxx (08-27-2012)