The New Balance of Power in One Piece - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > One Piece Series > One Piece Manga

One Piece Manga Talk about the manga series One Piece here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 01-30-2011, 09:40 PM   #1
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,774 Times in 930 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all
The New Balance of Power in One Piece

In the One Piece world the World Government talks about the Three Great Powers that is said to keep a delicate balance in the world. They are composed of: Marines, Shichibukai, and Yonkou but only the first two being equivalent in power to the forces of the Yonkou. The balance of the Three Great Power was mentioned to be threatened when Crocodile was defeated. In recent events we can see that the powers of the Shichibukai have crumbled a bit with Jimbei and Crocodile getting demoted. Also the loss of one of the Yonkou (Edward "Whitebeard" Newgate) was felt throughout the world and a shift in powers amongst the Marines with Garp and Sengoku stepping down from there posts. How do you guys think the Three Great Powers will be re-structured?
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*

Last edited by Spiegel; 01-30-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:20 PM   #2
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,660 Times in 1,601 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: The New Balance of Power in One Piece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiegel View Post
In the One Piece world the World Government talks about the Three Great Powers that is said to keep a delicate balance in the world. They are composed of: Marines, Shichibukai, and Yonkou but only the first two being equivalent in power to the forces of the Yonkou. The balance of the Three Great Power was mentioned to be threatened when Crocodile was defeated. In recent events we can see that the powers of the Shichibukai have crumbled a bit with Jimbei and Crocodile getting demoted. Also the loss of one of the Yonkou (Edward "Whitebeard" Newgate) was felt throughout the world and a shift in powers amongst the Marines with Garp and Sengoku stepping down from there posts. How do you guys think the Three Great Powers will be re-structured?

I think we're going to see a shift to 5 major powers in part 2. Lets break them down individually.

Marines---While I agree the Marines lost a bit of it's power with Sengoku and Garp retiring, they also gained a huge power from all the Pacifistas being produced. In the Marineford battle, I counted at least 12 that took part. In the last 2 years there really is no way of knowing how many more have been produced. They may actually be stronger then ever.

Shichibukai---I predict they replaced all the missing spots so far. Don't know who, but I expect to see 7 lords of the sea again, and powerful ones at that. Maybe Buggy might be there for propaganda purposes, but that's the only exception.

Yonkou---I'm don't think much has changed. Big Mum is confirmed to still be around. I don't see Shanks going anywhere either. So all in all no changes

Dragon---It's about time for him to make his move. He's been patiently preparing his forces for years now. His little campaigns on this and that island were OK, but it's time to take advantage of the turmoil that's going on. Time to unite the revolutionary army in force, and make a stand.

SH's---Yep the 5th and final super power that's about to shake the world. They have come a long way, and are still developing. They will be the deciding factor that decides everything.

The way I see it, things are looking worse for the Pirates in general. Sure WB's death may have sent a flood of pirates to the New World, but in the end it may not have mattered. With the mass produced Pacifistas boosting the already strong Marine/Shichibukai alliance, even veteran pirate crews in the NW may have been taken out. Dragon realizing this, might see his chance of overturning the World Government slip away, and decide to intervene with his forces to even the odds.

Last edited by ask me anything; 01-30-2011 at 10:22 PM.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
Gakure (02-01-2011), KillerNN (01-30-2011), Tmoore (01-18-2012)
Old 01-30-2011, 11:19 PM   #3
Spiegel
Pirate King

Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
I think we're going to see a shift to 5 major powers in part 2. Lets break them down individually.

Marines---While I agree the Marines lost a bit of it's power with Sengoku and Garp retiring, they also gained a huge power from all the Pacifistas being produced. In the Marineford battle, I counted at least 12 that took part. In the last 2 years there really is no way of knowing how many more have been produced. They may actually be stronger then ever.

Shichibukai---I predict they replaced all the missing spots so far. Don't know who, but I expect to see 7 lords of the sea again, and powerful ones at that. Maybe Buggy might be there for propaganda purposes, but that's the only exception.
The Pacifista can be assumed upgraded considering what Sentoumaru said about the Pacifista they Luffy, Sanji, and Zoro fought, they were prototypes.
http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece...3/page004.html
In that regards the Marines didn't suffer that much of a loss except the retirement of Sengoku and Garp. Though in regards to military strategics Sengoku was l337. Akainu is probably the only person to come somewhat close to Sengoku. I have a strong feeling that because of that Akainu will be the new Fleet Admiral. They will still need someone to replace his spot as one of the three Admirals. I'm curious as to who that might be, it'd have to be someone of Akainu's, Aokiji's, and Kizaru's skill level in order to create order and single-handedly take on powerful pirates of the New World.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything
Yonkou---I'm don't think much has changed. Big Mum is confirmed to still be around. I don't see Shanks going anywhere either. So all in all no changes

Dragon---It's about time for him to make his move. He's been patiently preparing his forces for years now. His little campaigns on this and that island were OK, but it's time to take advantage of the turmoil that's going on. Time to unite the revolutionary army in force, and make a stand.
Its obvious that Dragon is going to take this opportunity and capitalize on the losses that both sides suffered (in regards to Marines and Yonkou). We can safely assume that since Teach has two DF abilities and has an epic crew in tow that he is ranked as a Yonkou. I'm sure he is trying to claim the territories that once belonged to WB, with the exception of Fishman Island of course (belonging now to Big Mum). He is a very important person to consider in the Balance of Power. Why? Because up until Whitebeard's death he layed low. He didn't want opposition from both sides, especially from Whitebeard because they are both pirates. The Balance of Power only worked because of Dragon didn't interfere with the Marines affair...yet. Not only that but because the Yonkou's are also aware of the Balance of Power and wouldn't want to distrupt the order of things which further adds support the reasoning as to why Shanks didn't attack the Marines when they were down. They knew that some type of order needed to exists for both sides to co-habitate. Blackbeard and the Pacifista are the big wrench in all of this.

Blackbeard can now considered be a Yonkou but amongst the Yonkou there will be chaos because all four emperors will be busy fighting it out wrecking havoc in the New World. The Pacifistas will be a pain in the ass to the New World pirates as well, this including the Shichibukai as well to some degree. Some like Hancock and Mihawk are hands off type of people unless you cross their paths. Doflamingo might follow orders of the World Government if he feels like it for shits and giggle. Moria is MIA and possibly kicked off the ranks of Shichibukai. The only question to ask is who are the new Shichibukai members and how effective will they be within the group and to the World Government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything
SH's---Yep the 5th and final super power that's about to shake the world. They have come a long way, and are still developing. They will be the deciding factor that decides everything.

The way I see it, things are looking worse for the Pirates in general. Sure WB's death may have sent a flood of pirates to the New World, but in the end it may not have mattered. With the mass produced Pacifistas boosting the already strong Marine/Shichibukai alliance, even veteran pirate crews in the NW may have been taken out. Dragon realizing this, might see his chance of overturning the World Government slip away, and decide to intervene with his forces to even the odds.
The Straw Hats are strong indeed, they are probably halfway to Yonkou level. Luffy at least could possibly fight with an Admiral evenly now but the same can be said about some of the other Supernovas which would infact possibly be the 4th power in the Balance of Power formula. The way I see it now is going to be this.

Marines + Pacifista/Shichibukai/Yonkou/Supernova Pirates

By Supernova I mean the pirates that would have the most effect in the New World amongst them. Luffy's crew, Trafalgar, Kid, Drake, Basil Hawkins, and Capone. The rest I'm not too sure. These guys I think are rising up the ranks rather quickly and making ballsy moves in the New World.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Old 01-30-2011, 10:57 PM   #4
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,283 Times in 2,925 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

I believe the balance applies mostly to piracy. Pirates after all do claim territory, therefore they can have an impact on a much higher lvl than just themselves. Dragon and the revolutionary army are another problem all together. They engage entire kingdoms thus needing a bigger military effort other than the marines.

As for the balance of power, I think in the marines side it will remain largely unchanged as far as structure goes. They can always find new SB, and they need 1 new admiral.

In the pirate world, it will all depend on where BB stands at the moment.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:45 PM   #5
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Quote:
uffy at least could possibly fight with an Admiral evenly now
That is one pretty big IF. Lets not forget that not only are the admirals and fleet admiral ridiculously powerful Lofia, all of them have Haki as well. Akainu was the most injured in the war since he decided to tango with WB, and was caught off guard by WB.

If Luffy fights Caribou we will be getting confirmation that he can fight a logia effectively, although it is a formality at this point since we know how Haki works. But Caribou is obviously vastly inferior to any of the admirals, I would go as far as saying inferior to Smoker.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:44 PM   #6
wehtam
Fezes are cool

wehtam is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
But Caribou is obviously vastly inferior to any of the admirals, I would go as far as saying inferior to Smoker.
Dont underestimate smoker!!!
Old 01-31-2011, 10:54 PM   #7
Spiegel
Pirate King

I'm just saying that hypothetically speaking Luffy could last in a fight with an Admiral now, I don't expect him to completely pwn them yet but he isn't that far away now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehtam View Post
Dont underestimate smoker!!!
Smoker has been seen rising in strength as of late. He's is to Luffy what Garp was to Roger in comparison. It wouldn't surprise me if Smoker was Vice Admiral after these two years.
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Old 02-01-2011, 02:47 AM   #8
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage

Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiegel View Post
I'm just saying that hypothetically speaking Luffy could last in a fight with an Admiral now, I don't expect him to completely pwn them yet but he isn't that far away now.

Smoker has been seen rising in strength as of late. He's is to Luffy what Garp was to Roger in comparison. It wouldn't surprise me if Smoker was Vice Admiral after these two years.
I hope he never gets there

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide

1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag

2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)

Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:30 AM   #9
Spiegel
Pirate King

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubborn_d0nkey View Post
I hope he never gets there
Why not? Not saying he definitely will because we don't know how much the upper levels of the Marine have changed, they might have gotten stronger or a lot more strategic with their approach against pirates. Luffy now isn't a mere rookie anymore, he's experienced tragic losses, under went through the hells of Impel Down, and the chaos of the a war. Jimbei helped reshape Luffy's purpose in life and Reyleigh helped in training to control his resolve through the training of haki. Two years later we see a way more confident Luffy with the potential to go toe to toe with an Admiral given how easy it was for him to one-shot K.O. a Pacifista. Luffy is trying to be the Pirate King, why would it be a bad thing if Luffy were to go against even with an Admiral? I'm not saying that he can take on all three at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro
Smoker is pretty weak compared to other Logia, specially the admirals. He obviously didn't have Haki, and his aoe capabilities are pretty low.
True. But a lot can change in two years, Luffy, Sanji, and Zoro are living testimate to that. Sure Smoker is weaker compared to other Logia users, well he was seen to be in somewhat of a stalemate against Ace back in Arabasta but they weren't even going all out. Smoker's disadvantage just like Luffy was lack of haki, if he is to rise the ranks of the Marines (which he most likely will) he'll have had to develop the use of haki. Why? Because he is now stationed in the New World with even crazier pirates roam the seas.

Plus at first glance we have seen certain devil fruits looking "weak" or "useless" in the beginning but that have been known to improve with training just like Luffy's Gear 2 and Crocodile enhanced use of his sand abilities to cut and absorb.
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Old 02-01-2011, 03:04 AM   #10
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Smoker is pretty weak compared to other Logia, specially the admirals. He obviously didn't have Haki, and his aoe capabilities are pretty low.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
NeoKakarott023 (01-18-2012)
Old 02-01-2011, 10:19 AM   #11
Gakure
JESUS LOVES YOU

Thanked 1,022 Times in 582 Posts
Gakure will become famous soon enoughGakure will become famous soon enough

I see the power balance to be the same.

The balance of power is b/n the world govt and pirates. ie Marines/Shichibukai vs. Yonkous. Other things dont matter.

The Marines:
The marines have lost Garp and Sen, but they be replaced. I say Sakazuki takes the Fleet Admirals Post, whilst he is replaced by Momouza(the VA with the 7ways). Smoker is out cos he wants freedom to persue the SH, not that he could do anything against them now.

PX are also a great power-up 4 them and with the inclusion of Sentomaru, who is now a ranked officer of the marines and Garp+Sengoku as trainers, I don't see a fall in the marines power but a significant rise in their overall power.

Shichibukai
I believe Buggy to be one of them and maybe one of the Rookies. The rest remain the same. Moriah can easily be replaced. Their power remains to same with the filling of the vacant seats

Yonkou
BigMam, Shanks, Kaido and BB. I believe the WB pirates have separated now and pose no major problem 4 the marines to be considered a 'world power'. The yonkous are battling it out in the NW and the remnants of WB pirates also looking for a spot.

To others:
Dragon
Dragon is not a pirate. He is a revolutionist. So he doesn't come in here IMO. He continues what he is doing ie toppling Kingdoms untill a major incident occurs which will involve the SH.

The SH
They remain regular pirates like the others going on their adventure looking for no 'title' or whatsoever. Their actions(maybe finding out the true history or one piece, defeating a yonkou later on, or warring with marines-possible cos they got alot of allies now) will results in major power shift. This change in power will bring in Dragon and his cronnies.

Audio Text More

SALVATION PRAYER
O Lord God, I come to You in the Name of Jesus Christ. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21). I ask Jesus to come into my heart to be the Lord of my life. I receive eternal life into my spirit and according to Romans 10:9, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved," I declare that I am saved; I am born-again; I am a child of God! I now have Christ dwelling in me, and greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4)! I now walk in the consciousness of my new life in Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!"

BEST DECISION EVER!!!

Jesus Loves You!!! He Always Has. He Always WIll
Gakure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:20 PM   #12
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,660 Times in 1,601 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gakure View Post
Dragon
Dragon is not a pirate. He is a revolutionist. So he doesn't come in here IMO. He continues what he is doing ie toppling Kingdoms untill a major incident occurs which will involve the SH.
I disagree. Dragon does indeed come in here.

When you get down to it, there are really only 2 sides here anyway. The World Government, and everyone that oppose them. The Marines and Shichibukai are just the enforcing arms of the government. Although they have 2 separate reasons for being loyal. The marines out of loyalty, and the Shichibukai out of personal security.

On the flip side of the equation the Pirates and the revolutionary army are both the enemies. Both for separate reasons as well. Pirates just want to be selfish while Dragon is doing it for a cause. You can't just say Dragon doesn't count here because he's not a pirate, because his underlining methods are about the same as them anyway.

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
Loh' (02-01-2011)
Old 02-01-2011, 01:29 PM   #13
Loh'
Jounin

Loh' is an unknown quantity at this point

I actually think there might be a confrontation between Dragon and Garp... I have no idea why, but I think this is coming!
Old 02-01-2011, 01:32 PM   #14
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

I doubt it. Garp stepped down from his position as a Marine VA, hes only there now not to create distention amongst the ranks by making things appear business as usual.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:44 PM   #15
Loh'
Jounin

Loh' is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I actually hope Garp stays in East Blue.

As for my thoughts on Dragon seeing his Dad... Seems outrageous now.
Luffy and Dragon is more likely than Dragon and Garp