Film legend Elizabeth Taylor dies at 79 in LA (AP) - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Old 03-23-2011, 12:03 PM   #1
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold
Film legend Elizabeth Taylor dies at 79 in LA (AP)

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies....-dies-79-la-ap

rip

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:16 PM   #2
Marlboro
Drop The World <3

Thanked 1,121 Times in 669 Posts
Marlboro is on a distinguished roadMarlboro is on a distinguished road
Re: Film legend Elizabeth Taylor dies at 79 in LA (AP)

R.I.P Elizabeth. You will be missed.

I am the stone that the builder refused
I am the visual, the inspiration
That makes ladies sing the blues
Marlboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:29 PM   #3
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Cue the young masses googling "Elizabeth Taylor" to figure out who and what this means to their lives.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (03-23-2011), kluang (03-23-2011), Nerox (03-23-2011), Spiegel (03-23-2011)
Old 03-23-2011, 02:52 PM   #4
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkamaruChewtoy View Post
Cue the young masses googling "Elizabeth Taylor" to figure out who and what this means to their lives.
Then I must be old, because I still remember her in Cleopatra. Too bad the movie choices she made after that were less than stellar (she appeared in the Flintstones movie, for Cthulhu's sake!).

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:18 PM   #5
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Quote:
Googled and after several Wiki links clicked now I feel empty inside a bit. Now I want to post all R.I.P. all over the interwebs and pretend that I care.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:15 PM   #6
ACt
Heart Wizard

ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

You were alive in 1963? My point was that unless you are truly a movie buff, this doesn't affect anyone under 30, since all of her work of note was pre-1980.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:29 PM   #7
Numinous

Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
You were alive in 1963?
I was there for 2 days due to an incident with a blue police box and a guy with celery on his coat collar, does that count?

Quote:
My point was that unless you are truly a movie buff, this doesn't affect anyone under 30, since all of her work of note was pre-1980.
I don't know, Elizabeth Taylor isn't exactly an actress that the only young people that know about her are movie cognoscenti. Or maybe I'm overestimating the common knowledge of younger generations.

Edit:
Quote:
Holy shit she was a hottie when she was younger. Totally Fap worthy. Too soon? Maybe I should wait a week or so, and then fap. Yeah that works.
Watch Cleopatra, now! Then you can fap all you want.

Last edited by Numinous; 03-23-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:32 PM   #8
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,656 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
I was there for 2 days due to an incident with a blue police box and a guy with celery on his coat collar, does that count?
Oh, that silly Doctor and his shenanigans.

Quote:
I don't know, Elizabeth Taylor isn't exactly an actress that the only young people that know about her are movie cognoscenti. Or maybe I'm overestimating the common knowledge of younger generations.
Trust me, you are.

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:48 PM   #9
Numinous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
Trust me, you are.
Silly me for having a circle of friends that are properly cultured, it makes me forget that newer generations recognize faster Snooki rather than Alexander Hamilton, even if he's on the damn dollar notes.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:27 PM   #10
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

I've never seen any of her films or anything, but I know the name. I vaguely remember her doing some T.V. commercials for her White Diamonds perfume brand when I was a kid. That's about it.

(Goes googling like ACT predicted I would) Holy shit she was a hottie when she was younger. Totally Fap worthy. Too soon? Maybe I should wait a week or so, and then fap. Yeah that works.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:32 PM   #11
ACt
Heart Wizard

Well, her divorce rate maybe set today's standards, but if you knew her for anything but her movies and perhaps charity work, you knew her for the wrong reasons. What else did she do? She's mostly just an name people have heard of rather than anyone they know of.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:47 PM   #12
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Well, her divorce rate maybe set today's standards, but if you knew her for anything but her movies and perhaps charity work, you knew her for the wrong reasons. What else did she do? She's mostly just an name people have heard of rather than anyone they know of.
7 dudes and 8 marriages

or is it

8 dudes and 7 marriages,

I dont really remember

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:24 PM   #13
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Well this current generation is full of retards. Not everyone of course, but I'd wager the retards are the majority. Maybe that's just an America thing though. If nothing else look at how people act on the internet. That's probably the best indicator of how a person truly is, since people can be themselves online without any real repercussions. Unlike in RL, where a person might keep his mouth shut in order to not sound stupid. But yeah, these kids now are stupid. Some can't help it though. ADD and WoW made them that way.

Last edited by ask me anything; 03-23-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:45 PM   #14
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
WoW made them that way.
>_>
<_<
I can't fully deny this.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:13 PM   #15
Numinous

Quote:
who's snooki
I'd rather not know, but she's just famous for some stupid reason. Go figure.

Quote:
Well this current generation is full of retards. Not everyone of course, but I'd wager the retards are the majority. Maybe that's just an America thing though.
Unfortunately, it's not. You can't go the mall without hearing a bunch of chicks talking about Twilight and the latest lip gloss. Errrghhh...

Quote:
If nothing else look at how people act on the internet. That's probably the best indicator of how a person truly is, since people can be themselves online without any real repercussions. Unlike in RL, where a person might keep his mouth shut in order to not sound stupid. But yeah, these kids now are stupid. Some can't help it though. ADD and WoW made them that way.
Why WoW? The game's not generating retards, the good players will still be good and the retards will still be retards.

But regardless of that, I think the problem is in the education, both in knowledge and in behavior. Education as it is rarely rewards constructive creativity and discovery of additional knowledge and promotes conformism a little too much than it should, which makes very difficult to raise truly intelligent persons (those who can really think vs the masters of information regurgitation).

Ask yourself how many of your school colleagues read any books other than the obligatory by schedule? I remember reading 2 or 3 more books from the same authors of the obligatory reads, while most of my colleagues only read the really obligatory parts of said books. Or even the high school biology controversy: for me, a good biological controversy would be "were dinosaurs warm-blooded?". What I (and many schools over the all) got? Creationism vs Evolution. 1 whole fucking week on that pile of shit, always hearing again and again "God this" and "God that" and "Banana fits in your hand!". It's like teachers are afraid of breaking the conformism of religious majority and teach science as it is.

But I digress. My point is, maybe this generation is more stupid because they conform to what is considered the norm, therefore not feeling the necessity of exercising the fullest of their capabilities.

Last edited by Numinous; 03-23-2011 at 05:19 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (03-23-2011)