Underrated characters - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Anime

Naruto Anime Talk about the anime series Naruto here! Remember, this is anime only. No manga!

Old 10-12-2005, 10:29 AM   #1
Dosu
Hunter-Nin

Dosu is an unknown quantity at this point
Underrated characters

Well, I posted about overrated characters, and most people seemed to like the topic, so now I'm talking about underrated characters. Anyone who has been on the forum at least as long as me (and is on regularly) would know that I talk about this frequently, I have a real problem with the fact that some characters in Naruto are almost completly ignored (or killed!!!), and others are praised highly and featured often. Now I understand that not every character is going to get the time they deserve (the series would be way to long) but I do think that some character deserve a little recognition, and thats what this thread is for, so post to your hearts content about characters you think deserve a little more play. Most people could guess my top choice, but here are some other somewhat unknown characters that deserve more then they get.

---Shigure----Gouzu and Meizu----Zouri----------Oboro
--------------(Demon Brothers)

And I bet you didn't even remember them.

Honor is relfected in one's deeds, inaction bespeaks of cowardice
-Yoshimitsu-
Dosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 11:15 AM   #2
supersharingan_18
Chuunin
Chopper Challenge Champion

supersharingan_18 is an unknown quantity at this point
the Demon brothers and Oboro were quite famous before......(i miss them..)
and u r forgetting a lot of more guys that r bad and now we dont even think about them!like the chuunin guy that was with iruka in the genin exam!!

^by Jaxon
please dont call me SS call me ss18

My bro's :
Jaxon
Shikamaru_IQ
naruto18
GaaraofTheDeathSand

My sis :
angelwings
Kitty
SASUKE_GURL
Glaiza_mei
_hinata_

(\_(\ (\_/)
-\ oo)(X.X)
\ /\_\ (> <)
BUNNY IS EATEN BY THE MAMMA FOX!!!
funny img...
____
proud member of akatsuki FC
supersharingan_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 11:54 AM   #3
Dosu
Hunter-Nin

Oh, I foget no one!!! I belive you are talking about Mizuki, I didn't forget him, infact he recently had several episodes in witch he was the villian (so you might want to look them up if you are a fan of Mizuki) I didn't get to all the characters I wanted to, I'll get to more of them later, and I'll probably even post bios for them, but for now, here a few more characters I think should get more attention.

--
Morino Ibiki--Mitarashi Anko

-Yoshimitsu-

Last edited by Dosu; 10-12-2005 at 12:02 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:34 PM   #4
Coribn117
Chuunin

Coribn117 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ehh, I think he is talking about the chuunin guys from the exam, you know, the two that were pretending to be genin on the second floor... but there are tons of characters that people dont even remember....

However, since these characters have only been seen for a minute or two, its hard to say anything about them besides "Oh yeah... those guys...

What about em?"

PS: Anko and Ibiki arnt underrated O_o

Coribn117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 01:01 PM   #5
Dosu
Hunter-Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coribn117
Ehh, I think he is talking about the chuunin guys from the exam, you know, the two that were pretending to be genin on the second floor... but there are tons of characters that people dont even remember....

However, since these characters have only been seen for a minute or two, its hard to say anything about them besides "Oh yeah... those guys...

What about em?"

PS: Anko and Ibiki arnt underrated O_o
See, thats what I'm talking about, people simply dismiss theses charcters because they don't play as big a role, and thats what I'm trying to change, I'm trying to get people to understand that even if a character isn't featured as often, they are still just as good (if not better at times) then even the main characters, I'm not saying everyone has to agree with me, or start to like the characters I like, I'm just trying to shed some much needed light on these otherwise forgoten characters, because if I don;t who will? also, how are Anko and Ibiki not underrated? most people don't even rember thier names? Anko has one fight thus far, and barely counted, Ibiki has had even less, I'm just saying it would be nice to see them do something cool, rather then constantly glorifying Naruto, Sasuke, Kakashi, or a few other select characters. Oh, and the to chunnins were these two-

Kotetsu (left) Isumo (right)

-Yoshimitsu-

Last edited by Dosu; 10-12-2005 at 01:05 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:33 PM   #6
Coribn117
Chuunin

Ehh, you'd be suprised how many people remember and like Anko and Ibiki...

I'm a member of several different forums and have seen quite a few "who is your favorite character" polls, and more often than not, Anko and Ibiki are in the top 5 (out of like 20)...

And what I was trying to get across in my other post is that, while you can notice rarely used chars as much as you want, there just isnt much to talk about when it comes to them...

The guy in your first post, Shigure, we never saw him do anything besides taunt Gaara, unleash a rain of needles with his umbrellas, then get crushed. What can you say about that? There isnt enough known to have more than snippits of conversation about him...

And Oboro and his teammates have shown up twice (I think), not counting the very beginning of the Forest of Death... That is one area where I agree with you, they are underrated, but mainly because they were beaten back by team seven both times they showed up... Well, that and they look kinda stupid

Zouri and the other samurai guy (dont know his name) arnt mentioned simply because they were really pathetic o_o;;

I mean, naruto took them out in like ten seconds, and Haku had already proven that he could kill them in the blink of an eye.

The Demon brothers were semi-famous for a while, because people liked their first encounter with enemy nins, but then we saw better chars who could actually be discussed for more than a few sentenses, so they kind of faded into the background...

Meh...

PS: You were right, they were talking about Mizuki, I was just scanning their post the first time and saw the words "chuunin" and "exam" even though they werent even next to each other...

Old 10-13-2005, 12:42 PM   #7
Extinction_System
Academy Student

Extinction_System is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
The guy in your first post, Shigure, we never saw him do anything besides taunt Gaara, unleash a rain of needles with his umbrellas, then get crushed. What can you say about that? There isnt enough known to have more than snippits of conversation about him...
If Shigure's rain of needles had been used on any one but Gaara, it would have had about an 85% success rate. Think about it, 10,000 needles all moving with the speed and force to go through steel plates, and each one indivisually controlled. I'm telling you, any one but gaara and they would have looked like an iron maiden victim.
Before the world was created, the Word already existed. The Word was the source of life, and this life brought light to mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has never put it out.
-Gantz-

Extinction_System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 02:09 PM   #8
haloswift
Genin

haloswift is an unknown quantity at this point
mm not only bad guy's are ignored

jounins who don't have a great role in the serie all use some kunai and fight
like genma and the other jounin vs the musik 4
I really wanted to see them fight

and I never see guy's like kiba and kankurou fight
and maybe not question for this topic but what the fuck happend to kakashi??
he still is alive tsunade saved him when he was beaten by itachi
Old 10-12-2005, 02:52 PM   #9
blazin yukasho
*Blazin' ANBU ninja*

blazin yukasho is an unknown quantity at this point
it was funny how shigure died tho dosu xD...hmmm...

i think that jounon that always chews the needle is underrated, he was so cool, i just liked him (his name was genma i think 0.o)
Old 10-12-2005, 04:17 PM   #10
sheik
S-Ranked Shinobi

sheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enough
I never saw Kiba's team leader fight. What was her name?

I think it starts with a M...........

What happened to Typhoon_4434?
made by rasenganfox

sheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 04:21 PM   #11
Coribn117
Chuunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiek
I never saw Kiba's team leader fight. What was her name?

I think it starts with a M...........
Kurenai is her name...

She fights against Itachi and Kisami around episode 80...

She only gets an attack or two off before Kakashi shows up though.

Old 10-12-2005, 04:30 PM   #12
sheik
S-Ranked Shinobi

sheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Kurenai is her name...

She fights against Itachi and Kisami around episode 80...

She only gets an attack or two off before Kakashi shows up though.

She is sorta underrated in my opinion. I couldn't even remember her name!

What happened to Typhoon_4434?
made by rasenganfox

sheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 08:09 AM   #13
zparticus27
Academy Student

zparticus27 is an unknown quantity at this point
what about the kazekage gaara's pops...he's a kage and we didnt even got a battle scene with him and orochimaru...what a let down...he's a kage after all...
and shino is quite underrated and kiba to...oh and that jonin or chunin that was with gaar during the konoha invasion...and fujin and raijin!hahahahahaha
zparticus27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 08:44 PM   #14
Ami-san
S-Ranked Shinobi

Ami-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to behold
Hmm, heres a few.

The announcer guy that was in the chuunin exams that felt sick, later on he went spying on Kabuto and the Sand leader, the announcer guy was caught and was killed by the Sand leader. A girl along with 4 other Jounins(or ANBU) found his body on the rooftops(where he and the Sand leader fought)

When the invasion of Kohona began during the Chuunin exam, The 3rd Hokage's bodyguard was pinned against the wall, his final words were"3rd hokage, run" or something like that, and died.

The guy thats able to absorb Chakra from people, he entered the Chuunin exam and fought Sasuke, then later around episode 170 he came back and was working for that doctor, he then fought Shino, he then lost to Shino.(it's unknown whether he lived or was knocked unconcious.)

The guy thats able to stretch out his body like a rubber man, he entered the chuunin exam and fought Kankuro, then later around episode 170 he came back and was working for that doctor, he then fought Naruto and the gang, but Ino's new ability made the guy tie his arms around stuff, making him stuck. Naruto and the others left him behind that way.(It's unknown whether he lived or died.)

Tsunade's Assistant, she's kinda attractive lookin and weird in some kind of ways, she uses medical and poison abilities. She helped out Naruto,Jiraiya, and Tsunade by fighting against Orochimaru and Kabuto.

Member of the Akatsuki FC.
Your soul is mine.....Now this is what I call powers....its overflowing...

Co-owner of Gurren Lagann
Ami-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 07:19 PM   #15
kakashi1300
Kakashi's Eye

kakashi1300 is on a distinguished roadkakashi1300 is on a distinguished road
i think it's shizune who's really underrated. i mean just look at her performance in the sannin battle. she got knocked out by kabuto that easily, being tsunade's apprentice that's kinda hype, although her medical abilities still are great.

Official member of the Tropang Tambayan

Join teh Official Prince of Tennis FC Now

ATP 2009 Season
kakashi1300 is offline   Reply With Quote