Sharingan's effect on Uchiha - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series

Naruto Series Talk about the most popular anime in the world right here in this section!

Old 10-13-2005, 07:34 PM   #1
Coribn117
Chuunin

Coribn117 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sharingan's effect on Uchiha

I thought of this a while ago, after Sasuke left to go to Orochimaru...

Sharingan's Effect on Uchiha:

I believe that there are two main negative effects to using the Sharingan: Loss of sight and insanity.

Loss of sight: Already covered in another guide by the_fat_alchemist.

Insanity:

The sharingan's most famous feature is its ability to copy ninjutsu, genjutsu, and taijutsu, but this isnt particularly a good thing...

This shows that the Sharingan directly effects the memory of the user, causing them to remember more details than they normally would while it is activated. Now, if used in moderation this wont do (much) damage, but if it is used frequently than there will be a constant excess of information flowing into the users brain. There is a problem with this though, because we have not seen any evidence that the Sharingan changes the users mind to help them cope with this extra flow of information...

Picture a baloon with a small hole in it, this will be a normal brain. There is a flow of information (air) into the baloon, but the hole in it allows the useless information to drain out, since the flow of information (air) is similar to the drain of information. However, the Sharingan increases the income of air, not the drain of it, so when someone uses a Sharingan there is some tolerance, some room for the baloon to expand... but eventually, there will be too much air (information) in it and it will break.

Kakashi is an example of one who uses their sharingan responsibly... he uses it in moderation, allowing time for the excess information (air) to flow out of the brain (balloon) to flow out... however there is still a slight stress on the brain, which probably manefests itself as a slight obsession (Icha Icha Paradice.)

Sasuke and Itachi, however, both overuse their Sharingan, and dont allow time for the excess information to flow out, so their brains are under great stress...

Meh, I could be compleatly wrong, but who cares... it would explain why Itachi slaughtered his clan, and why Sasuke betrayed Konoha...

Coribn117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:04 PM   #2
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts
POSSIBLE SPOILER!!!

i agree on the itachi thing, but not necessarily the sasuke thing....he left for more power, he thought the same thing as zabuza, that one cant be powerful at a peaceful environment like konoha so he left....
GREAT info though
Old 10-13-2005, 08:36 PM   #3
taelmx
WHAT TIME IS IT?!?!

taelmx is an unknown quantity at this point
You just ruined it for me.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:57 PM   #4
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all
Coribn117, that is not how the human brain works at all. Would you consider someone who has polaroid memory to be insane? They remember EVERYTHING that they see. Perfectly. Sigmund Freud had that... (1 in a million chance of being that.) He also remembered everything that anyone ever SAID. Perfect auditory memory. (Also is 1 in a million chance. This means Freud was one in a trillion.)

The human brain can be argued to have infinite amounts of space for memory. In fact, it is highly debated that the subconscious (if it REALLY exists) remembers every little thing, the concious part of the brain just cannot recall it. Plus, within twenty seconds of learning / hearing / seeing something, the human brain decides whether or not it should put it in permastore or forget it. And things in permastore are NOT forgotten over time, they just become harder to recall. It is just like a computer needing to defragment.

Also, the sharingan doesn't exactly work the way you said it does with memory... That'd be impossible. You can copy and instantly have perfected any genjutsu, taijutsu, and ninjutsu... But the ability to perform it is different. I know EXACTLY how juggling works and how to do it. I still can't. The sharingan (because Naruto is a fictional work) makes it so that you can instantly perform something as well.

Itatchi is just pretty much an asshole who was brought up poorly and felt that because he could out perform everyone, he needs to do such and such. He has antisocial personality disorder. Sasuke doesn't. He still feels regret and still feels emotions. The problem with Sasuke is that he was scared for life by the horrible deeds of his brother. He is overwhelmed by his obsession and pretty much just wants to do the deed of killing his brother. It is almost as if he has an odd form of OCD. It interferes with his life and etc.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 09:34 PM   #5
Coribn117
Chuunin

Coribn117 is an unknown quantity at this point
But the Sharingan isnt like Polaroid memory, its gives the user the ability to copy and mimic ninjutsu, genjutsu and taijutsu while also remembering everything it sees...

Also, as the pictures in the thread about Itachi's eyesight it shows two pictures that show some of the things a Sharingan does:

While it is doing that it perfectly remembers the things it sees and begins interpreting certain things... (Check out Kakashi after the 4 year gap when he is fighting Sakura and Naruto... he has to cover it eye so it doesnt interpret something Naruto does...((As specific I'm gonna get cus I'm too lazy to change the color of the text to make it a spoiler thing)))

Also, the Sharingan forces the concious part of the brain to read all of this as it happens, not the subconcious, so it is putting more strain on the concious part of the brain...

Also, as you said, Naruto is a work of fiction, so who is to say what is or isnt possible in it?

Quote:
You can copy and instantly have perfected any genjutsu, taijutsu, and ninjutsu... But the ability to perform it is different. I know EXACTLY how juggling works and how to do it. I still can't. The sharingan (because Naruto is a fictional work) makes it so that you can instantly perform something as well.
Arn't you contradicting yourself? O_o;;

Meh, as I said, I could be wrong, who cares? It's just a theory about an anime

Coribn117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 11:44 AM   #6
blazin yukasho
*Blazin' ANBU ninja*

blazin yukasho is an unknown quantity at this point
hmmm a thinker ^^, some good theorys there coribn
Old 02-04-2007, 10:38 AM   #7
PunkGeisha
Academy Student

PunkGeisha is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Sharingan's effect on Uchiha

Thats a very good point there Coribn117. I think Id want to have that as a possible explanation as to why Itachi and Sasuke did what they did. It sorts of balances the awesome power that a Sharingan user has...
Old 02-04-2007, 12:19 PM   #8
MikeyM1979
Hokage

MikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coribn117 View Post
Meh, I could be compleatly wrong, but who cares... it would explain why Itachi slaughtered his clan, and why Sasuke betrayed Konoha...
That uh, really doesn't explain it at all. o_O There's really nothing in your post leading us to believe that any of that is true, nor is there any evidence in the manga nor the anime of this either. Itachi slaughtered his clan to prove something, either to himself, or to the Akatsuki, and he killed his best friend to gain a new form of Sharingan. It's as simple as that: Itachi was power hungry. Something like that doesn't exactly mean that they're crazy. And Sasuke betrayed Konoha because he finally, truly focused on his one true goal: to gain as much power as he can, in any way, shape, or form, to avenge the deaths of his parents by killing his older brother, Itachi. He knew he wouldn't get strong enough to kill Itachi if he stayed in Konoha, especially since he already had a taste of just how powerful Itachi is. Sasuke knew he had a ways to go before he could catch up to Itachi, in terms of power. So what was the quickest option? Leave Konoha (since the training there obviously sucked, and distracted him from his goal), and go train with Orochimaru. Of course, he had to agree to sacrifice his body to him as a container, but he did say he'd do anything to defeat Itachi. So yeah, it's all that simple. Neither Sasuke nor Itachi suddenly one day went nuts because of so much information flowing through their brains lol.
MikeyM1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 12:50 PM   #9
unnoted
Jounin

unnoted is an unknown quantity at this point

Theres no evidence yet that one who uses too much sharingan will be possibly go insane. As for Itachi killing his clan, DarkAztek & MikeyM1979
explains it. The pictures you post doesnt prove anything on Insanity of a Naruto character. As of now, theres only three sharingan users we know and for me, non of them is insane.
unnoted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 02:01 PM   #10
spudrow2005
Chuunin

spudrow2005 is on a distinguished road

after a little while of web searching for a site i saw i have this diagram of how theoreticly the sharingan works.
http://narutofever.com/information/sharingan.php

sharingan works through the eyes and not so much as the brain. also rember that a person uses only around 10% of their brain. second u just cant become isane from knowing too much info. also the best way to describe how sharingan copies other jutsu would be a form of highspeed learning. also i dont think that itachi is insane. he has a warped view of the world but hes not crazy. he said he killed his clan because he wanted to test his strength. he also felt as though the uchia clan was becoming complacent. i also belive he want sasuke to gain power because he desires a challenge that will test his limits. more then likey he has a warped state of mind that the Saiyans persute of the ultimate challenge of their abilites. also the loss of vision is not caused from the use of the standard sharingan but from overusing the manekgo(cant spell it) sharingan's 2 dojutsus, the genjutsu and another jutsu that summons black flames that are as hot as the sun itself

and here is the byakugan theroy for shits and giggles
http://narutofever.com/information/byakugan.php

Which character are you test by Naruto - Kun.com

My naruto fics
http://spudrow2005.deviantart.com/

You know the world is going to hell when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon'.

-- Chris Rock

Last edited by spudrow2005; 02-04-2007 at 02:10 PM.
spudrow2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 02:21 PM   #11
UchihaTaijiya
sublimis ab unda

Thanked 3,311 Times in 1,248 Posts
UchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add something... Sasuke didn't 'go insane' and betray Konoha because of the effects of his sharingan... it was the MKS used by Itachi... >.< Now that's something that could make someone go crazy... why does no one mention that?? ::stares off:: I would think entering a world that feels completely real to all senses, that is controlled by Itachi, would be highly significant to Sasuke's disposition... and wouldn't be... ignored so much by the fandom.

EDIT :: Though there is mention of a curse and 'true reason' behind the Uchiha clan and the use of the Sharingan. ::is personally dying to know it::

Oh and... I agree with DarkAztek and MikeyMike1979... though neither of you mentioned the MKS... ::big eyes:: Why does that seem irrelevant when mentioning the reasons why Sasuke left? Or, a better question, how can that seem irrelevant? ::blinks::

And I am dreaming of them on the plains
Dirtying up their beds
Watching for some sign of rain to cool their hot heads

And how dare that you send me that card when I'm doing all that I can do
You are forcing me to remember when all I want is to just forget you

If the tiger shall protect her young then tell me how did you slip by
All my instincts have failed me for once
I must have somehow slept the whole night

And I am dreaming of them with their kill
Tearing it all apart
Blood dripping from their lips and teeth sinking into heart

And how dare that you say you'll call
When you know I need some peace of mind
If you have to take sides with the animals
Won't you do it with one who is kind

And if the hawks in the trees need the dead
If you're living you don't stand a chance
For a time though you share the same bed
There are only two ends to this dance

You can flee with your wounds just in time or lie there as he feeds
Watching yourself ripped to shreds and laughing as you bleed

So for those of you falling in love keep it kind
Keep it good
Keep it right
Throw yourself in the midst of danger but keep one eye open at night

Last edited by UchihaTaijiya; 02-04-2007 at 02:32 PM.
UchihaTaijiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 02:27 PM   #12
spudrow2005
Chuunin

spudrow2005 is on a distinguished road

sasuke is a classic case of letting his hatred and desire for revenge consuming him, plus he fits the classical surly antihero /friend to the stories main character like vegeta,renji,mustang, ect.

Which character are you test by Naruto - Kun.com

My naruto fics
http://spudrow2005.deviantart.com/

You know the world is going to hell when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon'.

-- Chris Rock
spudrow2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 06:12 PM   #13
TA-Asakura
Genin

TA-Asakura is an unknown quantity at this point

so thats why kakashi covers his eye to prevent him getting memories that aren't nessesary
TA-Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 08:11 PM   #14
D4rKR34v3r
ANBU

Location: Wow, if you are reading this stop trying to stalk me
D4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud of

this thread is 2 years wow. Just wow.

sharingan is a move that requires eye sight to predict moves, like Zabuza vs Kakashi, he used the sharingan to copy his jutsu to the second. It is also able to memorize and copy moves. there could even be a few more sercrets about the sharingan we don't know
Old 02-09-2007, 08:27 PM   #15
Distortion
Special Jounin

Distortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rKR34v3r View Post
this thread is 2 years wow. Just wow.
For a second I thought we had gotten smarter members LOL.

----------------------------------------------

I liked the theory he did on Kakashi and his lust for Icha Icha Paradice, I kinda laughed. Like I mentioned before Sasuke's revenge is blinding him of the true way to reach his goal, but I guess since this topic is 2 years old I guess I shouldn't say more.