The Barbie Conspiracy - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section > Conspiracy Theories

Conspiracy Theories Talk about your theories here.

Old 04-07-2007, 01:30 AM   #1
Cipher
Genin

Cipher is on a distinguished road
The Barbie Conspiracy

Do you think that barbie was really created as a gradual process to brainwash young girls to think that they had to have long blonde hair, and super model figures to be beautiful? Do you think the creators had any idea what they were doing? I think they did, but thats just"my" opinion. I'm interested in knowing what you all think about this theory.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-07-2007, 01:32 AM   #2
Jagen-san
The lazy genius

Jagen-san is a glorious beacon of lightJagen-san is a glorious beacon of lightJagen-san is a glorious beacon of lightJagen-san is a glorious beacon of lightJagen-san is a glorious beacon of lightJagen-san is a glorious beacon of lightJagen-san is a glorious beacon of lightJagen-san is a glorious beacon of lightJagen-san is a glorious beacon of light
Re: The Barbie Conspiracy

I've been wondering the same thing for years!!!

Thanx to Mystic 4 da shika banner ^_^

Shikamaru pwns you all!

As does Itachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shino View Post
If you're even considering getting them drunk in hopes of ending your virginity, then you sir are the douche bag that I've always thought you were, except now theres concrete proof of said douche baggery.
LMAO! Damn right!

Link kicks ASS!

Think of me as the counselor of nl!!! need someone 2 talk 2 just pm me and Ill gladly listen!
Jagen-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:43 AM   #3
sand_illusions
Jounin

sand_illusions is a name known to allsand_illusions is a name known to allsand_illusions is a name known to allsand_illusions is a name known to allsand_illusions is a name known to allsand_illusions is a name known to allsand_illusions is a name known to allsand_illusions is a name known to allsand_illusions is a name known to allsand_illusions is a name known to all

lols, the creator of the barbie doll was a lady named Ruth Handler, and she made them after watching her daughter Barbara play with dolls making them act like adults instead of babies!

i'll save ya some time -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbie

[/QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnticitizenOne View Post
Christian Girls ftw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kites View Post
20/10 Christianity FTW
"]

We live in the HERE and NOW
so don't worry about what will happen tomorrow, todays troubles are enough for today-Matthew 6:34
sand_illusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:49 AM   #4
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

There are high prob about this. But when my little sis watch the barbie movies, the movie char dance like ballet and pink and giggy wiggy....yeah. Everything is DAMN PINK!!!!! Barbie is wearing pink, the horse is pink, the guy wears a pink undies, the castle is pink. They are brain washing the girls to do ballet grow long hair become blonde and stupid, wear pink cloths. And I bet if Barbie have candies, they must be mind control candies.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:13 PM   #5
Rock lee 13
Genin

Rock lee 13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Barbie is so Gay and Dumb. My little Cosuin watch that crap
Old 04-11-2007, 05:49 PM   #6
sheik
S-Ranked Shinobi

sheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enough

I know back in the day they made the company reduce the size of the breast and give her a little more fat around the waste because parents were concerned for the children. I thought it was a bit unessesary but that is just me.

Most of the girls I knew her were obsessed with barbies as a child ended up being a bit tom boyish.

What happened to Typhoon_4434?
made by rasenganfox

sheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:42 PM   #7
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough

Barbies are as much of a problem as the radio is to your mind and your ability to listen to music along with MTV and VH1. Just joking............and I only mean about Barbies being bad for you.

How could a doll be bad? I mean seriously, by looking at a pretty girl a women could think they could have that kind of figure.

- Heraclitus
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:10 PM   #8
sheik
S-Ranked Shinobi

sheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enough

Next think you know they will make G.I. Joe fatter to make sure the boys don't try to take steroids to be built like that.

I think it is a bit Sexist that they think girls will get jealous of them but then they have those huge muscle bound action figures and they cause no harm to girls. Just because girls do not have as much muscle as guys doesn't mean they are stupid enough to think that they should look like a stupid toy.

What happened to Typhoon_4434?
made by rasenganfox

sheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:24 PM   #9
Solus Bringer
Jounin

Solus Bringer is just really niceSolus Bringer is just really niceSolus Bringer is just really niceSolus Bringer is just really niceSolus Bringer is just really niceSolus Bringer is just really niceSolus Bringer is just really niceSolus Bringer is just really nice

all i have to say is.... yes

The people I know IN NL

Sakura Haruno93= Just an awesome girl
Lonely Ninja= cool dude very pychotic
SI=One of my best friends here
*Sakura*= Yeah shes fun to be around
Dec= Don't really know why just cool person
Kluang=HE is well Robot lover
Narutoharuno=Funny person
NarutoBaka=assistant to SharingonC and my friend
Lilk=He hides in the shadows
Tabris="SexyFemale" lol
Ami=cool girl
Solus Bringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:05 PM   #10
Narutobaka
Chuunin

Narutobaka is just really niceNarutobaka is just really niceNarutobaka is just really niceNarutobaka is just really niceNarutobaka is just really niceNarutobaka is just really niceNarutobaka is just really nice

Well, actually someone had the measuremnets of a Barbie done to life-size. The girls would be way too tall, and the stomach area would almost seem sunken in. This was the earlier Barbie dolls. They've redone them now to give them more realistic proportions. Or so they say.

How can Barbie be a bad influence now? Their faces are made tro look like they've had plastic surgery done. no more round faces and pug noses. Not to mention that today's Barbie dolls apparently shun their underwear. Even the Kelly dolls. >.>
Old 04-26-2007, 03:42 PM   #11
AnticitizenOne
The One Free Man

AnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to all

I highly doubt this. I don't think that little dolls were made to brainwash girls into having a certain figure. They certainly do make them act more stupid, all of the dumb blonde girls I know have barbie dolls that they play with. It's all so idiotic.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:44 PM   #12
LonelyNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
Do you think that barbie was really created as a gradual process to brainwash young girls to think that they had to have long blonde hair, and super model figures to be beautiful? Do you think the creators had any idea what they were doing? I think they did, but thats just"my" opinion. I'm interested in knowing what you all think about this theory.
Interesting theory there.

Anyways:

In my opinion, it probably wasn't Mattel or Hasbro or whoever-the-hell-owns-Barbie's original intention to brain-wash little girls, but it sure does seem that way when you look at it from a few different angles. I think Barbie is supposed to be the "perfect American women" and some girls may have taken that a little too literally.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:36 AM   #13
Tabris
Sexy Lady

Thanked 4,329 Times in 1,961 Posts
Tabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really nice

i have seen the orrigional barbies, my grand mother had some. they are not as model like. i don't think int he begining it was about making girls change themselves. It seems to me that they jsut wanted to make a beautiful doll for young girls to play iwht and dream about being adults. also, they didnt' have pool party barbies and the barbie carsa dn all that jazz. she was a cooka dn she cleaned and she acted like a lady (not a skank) barbie actually used to be an encouragement towards lady like behavious, unlike the scantely clad "my scene" or "bratz" dolls children beg for these days.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 01:51 AM   #14
Raidder
Academy Student

Raidder is on a distinguished road

Considering that at the time Barbie was created (1959), Barbie was made to model the ideal women of that time(i.e. June Cleaver in "Leave it to Beaver"). However, in 1959, the ideal woman was not envisioned by women, but by men, which is still true today, to a certain degree.

As times changed, so did Barbie. She is just changing 20 years slower than the rest of the world.

In the end, though, it all comes down to appealing to the highest demographic. So, yes, I believe that while not intentional (or wholly responsible), Barbie does brainwash little girls.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:03 PM   #15
Babyface BK
<3===BK

Thanked 1,856 Times in 844 Posts
Babyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant future

I think the whole intention of Barbie dolls were to stereotype the colour pink as a colour strictly for girls.

"The road to success is always under construction. "
Babyface BK is offline   Reply With Quote