What do you think about this new naruto game ? - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Gaming

Gaming Talk about your favorite video and pc games and console in this section!

Old 05-12-2007, 10:02 AM   #1
ralatone
Chuunin

ralatone is on a distinguished road
What do you think about this new naruto game ?

Just keep in mind that the development team is still working on the game

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=64664

I think it looks pretty cool

~update~

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...om_clk=topslot

"Unless you're among the admittedly large group of fans devoted to Naruto, odds are you've happily ignored the dozens of games released so far based on this wacky martial arts-themed anime series. But Ubisoft is now working on a Naruto game for the Xbox 360 that it hopes won't be overlooked by anyone, even those who have never seen an episode of the TV series or picked up a copy of the manga. The company's famed Montreal studio is deep into production on Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, the first anime-licensed action game that's made us actually sit up and take notice in...well, ever, really. From the looks of things, this one is designed as much for fans of all great video games as it is for all those unflagging Naruto diehards.

It was the inventive presentation and visual panache evident in Rise of a Ninja that initially impressed us so much when we recently caught a hands-off demo of the game. The team in Montreal is putting a big priority on re-creating--and in some cases, improving on--the characteristic look of the TV show. To that end, the game will use a refined cel-shading effect, inventive camera moves, intelligent use of motion blur and shadowing, as well as a number of other visual tricks. The net result of all these whiz-bang graphical and stylistic touches is a game that looks surprisingly similar to the source medium on which it's based. It's also quite unlike the anime-licensed action games we've seen before.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves; the game isn't due out until October of this year, and we haven't even gotten to play it yet, so we can't say if the final product will live up to our initial impressions. Rise of a Ninja is set at the very beginning of the television series and will follow a storyline that arcs across the first 80 episodes, which is roughly up to Naruto's fight with Gaara. You'll naturally take control of Naruto, the rambunctious ninja-in-training in whom resides the spirit of a destructive nine-tailed fox-demon. In keeping with the series, Naruto will begin the game as a village outcast, a reject scorned for his association with the creature who once ravaged his village. Throughout the course of the game--and as the subtitle implies--you'll guide Naruto through his training to overcome his demonic stigma. You'll also go from shunned outsider to respected, full-fledged ninja.

In gameplay terms, you'll do this by roaming the village of Konoha, accepting various side missions from townsfolk to build up your chakra level, which will both raise public opinion of Naruto and allow you to train with the town's masters to increase your ninja skills. You can hit a button to reveal little faces that are either smiling or frowning over all nearby town residents to find out how each one feels about you. Many of the town resident who like you will also present you with optional quests. The one we saw involved the young student Konohamaru who snuck off and hid somewhere, so Naruto had to scour the town to eventually find him attempting to blend in with a particular wall.

The sleepy little ninja town of Konoha will act as your open-world hub for most of the game, and it's been modeled to mimic the one seen in the cartoon as closely as possible. So series fans should recognize plenty of landmarks, such as the town administration building and the four Hokage faces chiseled into the nearby cliffs. They should also find the layout of the buildings as they roam from one area to the next generally familiar. This may be a free-roaming game, but don't think you'll be jacking any rickshaws to facilitate fast travel. Ubi's designers have come up with the more inventive and appropriate solution of stringing taut ropes between Konoha's buildings, which you can grind on, skateboard-style, to zoom from one place to the next. (Naruto will also have a sprint ability that you can use to cover short distances more quickly.)

As mentioned, performing good deeds will raise your chakra, which will then let you train with Konoha's masters to learn new skills. These skills will also subsequently open up new areas and new missions to you. In the example we saw, Naruto was attempting to learn a tree-climbing skill. This skill, like all the others in the game, will require you to input a fighting gamelike button combo to activate it. You'll then have to time a series of leaps up the sheer trunk of the tree, failing several times before finally nailing the timing and adding the skill to your repertoire permanently. This sequence led into a third-person action minigame of sorts, where Naruto leapt rapidly from one tree to another, essentially skipping from branch to branch. The key here was simply to time the jump-button presses in accordance with each new branch, as well as follow the right path to reach each open branch, rather than slam face-first into a thick tree trunk. (This sequence can be seen in the new trailer linked at the top of this preview and was one of the more visually striking segments of the demo we saw.)

Of course, no good ninja game would be complete without hand-to-hand combat, and that will purportedly take up about 40 percent of your time in the final game. We got to see a brief fight scene with a boss character that was presented more or less like a 2D fighting game. You'll have access to basic attack combos, as well as more powerful special moves (known as ninjutsu, in the series' parlance) that fans will be familiar with. Interestingly, you'll have a chance to take on your opponents within their ninjutsu techniques by engaging one of several minigames. In the example we saw, the player was shown a first-person view of his opponent's body painted with chakra points. If you can guide Naruto's hand steadily enough to strike all of these points in a short amount of time, you'll be able to cancel the special move before it occurs. The one-on-one fighting engine will also be adapted for a two-player versus mode that's said to include all of the major characters from the series. Although we didn't get to see this mode in action, it will reportedly support online play in the final game.

If the development whizzes at Ubi Montreal can bring the fighting engine, quests, and free roaming to the same level of polish that was evident in the visual presentation during our first demo with Rise of a Ninja, they may well succeed in their goal of creating a Naruto game that will appeal to the fanatics, as well as the uninitiated masses. They've certainly caught our attention so far."

You can see pics and vids of the game in the link above

Last edited by ralatone; 05-23-2007 at 10:00 AM.
ralatone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2007, 05:05 PM   #2
AnticitizenOne
The One Free Man

AnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to all
Re: What do you think about this new naruto game ?

Looks decently cool to me. If I had an Xbox 360 I probably wouldn't mind picking it up.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:55 PM   #3
Itai
Genin

Itai is on a distinguished roadItai is on a distinguished road

I would definitely buy it if i had a 360.

Proud Member Of: Yondaime & Akatsuki Fc

Itai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 08:02 PM   #4
ralatone
Chuunin

its supposed to be you starting out as naruto from like the first eps then growing as a ninja up then into shippuden
Old 05-12-2007, 08:09 PM   #5
Seal_master
Local Necromancer

Seal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really nice

i had a bad experiance with hurricane chronicle so im a little shaky

Chibi Thread Updated: 3/13/08

CO_OWNER of the RP FC
Evil Fc

thankies Kina X3
by MeteoraTC
Member of:
Fable Fc
Naruto RPG fc
Owner of:
Blood+ Fc
Seal_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:11 AM   #6
WarhammerS
Chuunin

WarhammerS is an unknown quantity at this point

it looks great i would get it IF i had a 360...
WarhammerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:56 AM   #7
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

sort of looks like an action RPG game. looks nice but looks can be deceiving. remember Dragonball Z saga's?
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:09 AM   #8
Babyface BK
<3===BK

Thanked 1,856 Times in 844 Posts
Babyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant future

I am definetly gonna buy this I've been waiting for a Naruto RPG that isn't on GBA, DS or GameCube.

"The road to success is always under construction. "
Babyface BK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:00 PM   #9
Seal_master
Local Necromancer

Seal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really nice

more of a rent for me than a buy

Chibi Thread Updated: 3/13/08

CO_OWNER of the RP FC
Evil Fc

thankies Kina X3
by MeteoraTC
Member of:
Fable Fc
Naruto RPG fc
Owner of:
Blood+ Fc
Seal_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 06:42 PM   #10
blake
Hunter-Nin

blake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura about

it looks cool but i would prefer if u could play as other ninja or create ur own in the naruto world
blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 11:32 PM   #11
Tengu
Chuunin

Tengu will become famous soon enoughTengu will become famous soon enoughTengu will become famous soon enough

that sux only on 360 dam them i want it on pc or ps2.
but it looks awsome...but still dreaming about naruto mmorpg
Tengu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 02:09 AM   #12
ekang93922
Hunter-Nin

ekang93922 is a jewel in the roughekang93922 is a jewel in the roughekang93922 is a jewel in the roughekang93922 is a jewel in the roughekang93922 is a jewel in the roughekang93922 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seal_master View Post
i had a bad experiance with hurricane chronicle so im a little shaky
that goes for me too >.>;;;; the chronicle was *throws up*
ekang93922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 02:32 AM   #13
wind rasengan
Chuunin

wind rasengan is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralatone View Post
its supposed to be you starting out as naruto from like the first eps then growing as a ninja up then into shippuden
where did you hear that from, if you have a link could you please post it

wind rasengan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:57 AM   #14
ralatone
Chuunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind rasengan View Post
where did you hear that from, if you have a link could you please post it
No, i was mistaken, because i read it from a much earlier article the one i just updated now says the game plays into or up around 80 to 90 eps. So basically up until naruto faces garra. They'll probably make naruto rise of the ninja 2 which will go into the later eps
Old 05-26-2007, 09:56 PM   #15
sheik
S-Ranked Shinobi

sheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enough

It looks cool but hopefully it doesn't become as bad as DBZ Sagas. That was a complete disaster.

Usually Ubisoft makes good but short games.

What happened to Typhoon_4434?
made by rasenganfox

sheik is offline   Reply With Quote