Spoiler Tags - Options - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Main Lounge > Questions & Suggestions

Questions & Suggestions Post your questions or suggestions for this forum right here! We'll make sure to respond! Forum related questions only!

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 07:21 PM   #1
Sharingan Lord
I'm done. Byeeee.

Sharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud of
Spoiler Tags - Options

I'm just wondering about the spoiler tags. Whenever I want to write a spoiler, I put it around the spoiler tags, but then it says "Please enter the option for your spoiler" and you have to type in something for it to accept, then you have your tags.

What does "the option" do?

Old 06-27-2007, 07:26 PM   #2
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Thanked 2,470 Times in 1,137 Posts
Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Spoiler Tags - Options

I've never had this problem before, so I don't really know how to help.

But I think it's like when you say [spoiler] and then [/ spoiler](without the spaces), you need to have something dictating what the spoiler is, like [spoiler=show], which is usually how I do it.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:30 PM   #3
Sharingan Lord
I'm done. Byeeee.

Sharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud of

It's like this Script Prompt that shows up out of nowhere and goes like "Please enter the option for your [SPOILER] tag:" and I just want to know what it does...
Old 06-27-2007, 07:46 PM   #4
Grimmjow
SCHITT

Grimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharingan Lord View Post
I'm just wondering about the spoiler tags. Whenever I want to write a spoiler, I put it around the spoiler tags, but then it says "Please enter the option for your spoiler" and you have to type in something for it to accept, then you have your tags.

What does "the option" do?
options dont work in nl

but what the option does is, it sets the display text, on my forums, before we got hacked i had a spoiler system that lets u do that.

like for example if u set the text to say "hi"
it will say hi on the spoiler button, but anyways, it doesnt work on nl, so no need to worry about it.

Old 06-27-2007, 09:47 PM   #5
Sharingan Lord
I'm done. Byeeee.

[SPOILER="hi"][+/SPOILER]
^Do you see the "HI" in quotation marks? I'm wondering what that's doing there.

Such as if I'm going to post this in Spoiler Tags...

Iamconfusedaboutspoilertagsthatswhyimdoi ngthislalalabythewaythisisntspamok?

I'd highlight that and press the spoiler button...

...but when I hit it, it says "Please enter the option for your spoiler". I type in "HI"...

[SPOILER="Hi"]Iamconfusedaboutspoilertagsthatswhyimdoi ngthislalalabythewaythisisntspamok?[+/SPOILER]

And wa-la. There's my spoiler. But...what did the "HI" do? I'm just wondering that. If I don't put the "<insert spam here>", it won't put the tags around it.

That's my question.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:07 PM   #6
Grimmjow
SCHITT

Grimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharingan Lord View Post
[spoiler="hi"][+/SPOILER]
^Do you see the "HI" in quotation marks? I'm wondering what that's doing there.

Such as if I'm going to post this in Spoiler Tags...

Iamconfusedaboutspoilertagsthatswhyimdoi ngthislalalabythewaythisisntspamok?

I'd highlight that and press the spoiler button...

...but when I hit it, it says "Please enter the option for your spoiler". I type in "HI"...

[spoiler="Hi"]Iamconfusedaboutspoilertagsthatswhyimdoi ngthislalalabythewaythisisntspamok?[+/SPOILER]

And wa-la. There's my spoiler. But...what did the "HI" do? I'm just wondering that. If I don't put the "<insert spam here>", it won't put the tags around it.

That's my question.
the thing is, here on ml, the option for spoilers doesnt work, i dont know why shino or tom left the "options" for spoilers set to on, because the spoiler tag that they have set up doesnt support it, so when u put "hi" or whatever other text, its not gonna make a dif, but if it the tag did support options, then instead of seeing the text "show/hide" on the spoiler button, the text that u specified would show there instead.

Last edited by Grimmjow; 06-27-2007 at 10:14 PM. Reason: cuzz i misunderstood...
Old 06-28-2007, 01:19 AM   #7
Shino
I'm so happy because today I found my friends- they're in my head

Shino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond repute

It does nothing, the only purpose it serves is so you can add multiple spoilers in a post or your sig.

Gamertag: ShinoNC
Old 06-28-2007, 10:28 AM   #8
Sharingan Lord
I'm done. Byeeee.

Ahhhh, okay. Thanks for clearing that up NR17 (and Shino). OK I think this is closable now.
Closed Thread