The Official 2008 Presidential Election Thread - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 10:06 PM   #1
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all
The Official 2008 Presidential Election Thread

Talk about candidates and why or why not they'd make a good president. This thread will be a bit more relaxed than the other Debate threads in terms of rules... But seriously, don't just spam it up. If I see "Obama for the win!" or something equally stupid, I will start handing out infractions.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]

Old 07-05-2007, 05:36 PM   #2
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold
Re: The Official 2008 Presidential Election Thread

Uh.

I saw 60 minutes do a bio on Barack Obama, and they listed all his political stances on things. I remember saying "oh hell yeah I agree with that" a bunch of times, but being so long ago, I can't remember what the hell I was agreeing with. Can someone help me out here?
Old 07-05-2007, 06:17 PM   #3
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Hill Dog all the way!!!!

I bet she'll be a great president hopefully taking after BC ( excluding the oral sex part........well actually ...no excluding the oral sex part lol). personally i dont trust or like republicans because their policies are bent on exclusion and self exalting. Shoot first talk later" aka the bush method, never wanna see this again . i know Hill Dog will the the voice of reason which will propel the US into a period of peace and prosperity and end this isolation from the rest of the world.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:29 PM   #4
narut012
Chuunin

narut012 is a jewel in the roughnarut012 is a jewel in the roughnarut012 is a jewel in the roughnarut012 is a jewel in the roughnarut012 is a jewel in the roughnarut012 is a jewel in the rough

I'm going to give my opinion on the top two in both parties.

There's something about Baraq "Osama" Obama, that creeps me, whenever he's asked a question he never really gives a straight answer.

Hillary Clinton, no fucking way.

Rudy Giuliani was a guy that I thought had a chance, but now after the poor, poor, debate it will be hard for him to get in.

The one guy that I think can leap frog ahead of everybody is Fred Thompson if he runs, he has the morals, the star power (Law & Order, Hunt For Red October, ect.), and the money to get him in office.

Sasuke Hater FC Link - http://www.narutolounge.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=17071

Last edited by narut012; 07-10-2007 at 07:30 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:33 PM   #5
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Thanked 1,005 Times in 546 Posts
Freshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to all

Democrat all the way.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:03 PM   #6
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

I can't really see Hiliary in office, sure, her husband was a 'good president' that kept the economy going, but that doesn't automatically mean she'll be a good one. This has nothing to do with her being female. I'd vote for a female president in a second if she was smart, but just not Hiliary.

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Old 07-17-2007, 06:13 PM   #7
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshgrease View Post
Democrat all the way.
Truth!

@Rival--You can't vote anyways, so it doesn't matter. Lol, you can do 'Kids Vote'.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:19 PM   #8
Magister
Genin

Location: A single conversation across a table with a wise man is worth a month's study of books.
Magister is a jewel in the roughMagister is a jewel in the roughMagister is a jewel in the roughMagister is a jewel in the roughMagister is a jewel in the roughMagister is a jewel in the rough

For me the 2008 election is very, very foggy. Almost unthinkable, we'll probably all die... *sniff*

^THX TO GIBIGBIG^

OWNER OF THE GOOGLE FC -UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Co-Owner of the

MEMBER OF: THE ROLEPLAYING FC
THE AKATSUKI FC
MY E-SIBLINGS:
My first and younger bro- Tookaipai
My equal aged bro- Fireninja
The sis I don't mess with- Miyuki
The 'older than me' (she feels) sis- Kata-chan7
My Halo bro-Trey
And the bro with no explanation!-ino11
compared to
what lies
within us
Old 07-17-2007, 08:30 PM   #9
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Thanked 1,005 Times in 546 Posts
Freshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to all

I forgot to say why I want to go democrat. I am more of an isolationalist (keep to US matters and no one else's). I am of the opinion that I deserve to have my rights protected. None of this "Big Brother watches yo" crap. Marijuana should be legal or atleast decriminalized. and I want social security when I get old to cover what my 401k doesnt.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:03 PM   #10
SirBenoit
Sennin

SirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud of

i would vote for Barack Obama right now, i like his stance on fighting poverty, getting us out of iraq, working on a new health care system. Plus i think that hes done a hell of a job in illinois, with tax cuts.

Old 07-18-2007, 12:59 PM   #11
AnticitizenOne
The One Free Man

AnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshgrease View Post
Marijuana should be legal or atleast decriminalized.
Why? Marijuana is a dangerous drug that kills people and causes erratic behavior and symptoms in others. It's not something you want to be legalized unless you're an addict that wants it sold in stores. (Not implying that you are in any way an addict, but I am saying that nobody else has a very valad reason to think that way.)

I'd go for Barack Obama (weather I spelled his name incorrectly or not), just because he seems like the right choice from all that he said. I'd just caution everyone against jumping to conclusions because we saw where that got us with George Bush and people voting for him. Anyways I think his ideas are by far the best and he's already done things to prove that he'll be a good president.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:31 PM   #12
Seal_master
Local Necromancer

Seal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really nice

if i could vote it would Be for Obama
i really dont know his ideas for the country but i think its about time for america to have a change of presidental ethnicality
also i really just dont like Hilary but thats besides the point

Chibi Thread Updated: 3/13/08

CO_OWNER of the RP FC
Evil Fc

thankies Kina X3
by MeteoraTC
Member of:
Fable Fc
Naruto RPG fc
Owner of:
Blood+ Fc
Old 07-18-2007, 02:15 PM   #13
Tookaipai
Azalea Jacques

Tookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to all

If i could, i would place my vote for rudy guliani (sp?) the way he stood strong for new york durig 9/11 shows that he's a strong president who can work calmly in tough situations (plus i dont like the views of democratic candidates i think they're hypocrites but thats besides the point) i really hope that guliani wins and i wouldnt be too upset if obama won just please keep hilary out.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:18 PM   #14
karate1kid
Genin

karate1kid is an unknown quantity at this point

moving to canada is hliary wins

-Mike Wong
Old 07-18-2007, 03:19 PM   #15
kakome
Academy Student

kakome is an unknown quantity at this point

if hliary wins, the military is going to hell, BC messed everything up and i just dont like what she is saying too