The Second Annual NL Choice Awards - Winners - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > NL Awards Voting

NL Awards Voting Vote for the winners of the first annual Naruto Lounge forum awards!

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 06:02 AM   #31
Akari-chan
Chuunin

Location: Read my biography; if u didn't figure it out...that's REALLY sad.
Akari-chan is a name known to allAkari-chan is a name known to allAkari-chan is a name known to allAkari-chan is a name known to allAkari-chan is a name known to allAkari-chan is a name known to allAkari-chan is a name known to allAkari-chan is a name known to allAkari-chan is a name known to allAkari-chan is a name known to all
Re: The Second Annual NL Choice Awards - Winners

Congrats everyone! Lol.

Co-Owner of the

Old 07-07-2007, 10:11 AM   #32
SirBenoit
Sennin

SirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud of

well most that i voted for were on there, congrats and here is you clear trophy, lol

Old 07-07-2007, 02:11 PM   #33
Miburo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja48 View Post
It's a conspiracy. Jaxon's e-penis exploding through the forum room is the real biggest forum moment.
QFT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
winning any of these is sorta like being the most intellectual kid with down syndrome or funniest member with down syndrome etc ... not really a great honor
Actually, it's like being voted most intellectual poster by a group of kids with down syndrome. Being voted for doesn't negatively portray the nominees or anything. It just doesn't mean much if you win, that's all.

That being said, congrats to everyone and thanks for the votes.
<--Most Intellectual and Respected non-mod right here. Fuck yeah! ; )

Old 07-07-2007, 02:37 PM   #34
sakura_05
Chuunin

sakura_05 has a brilliant futuresakura_05 has a brilliant futuresakura_05 has a brilliant futuresakura_05 has a brilliant futuresakura_05 has a brilliant futuresakura_05 has a brilliant futuresakura_05 has a brilliant futuresakura_05 has a brilliant futuresakura_05 has a brilliant futuresakura_05 has a brilliant futuresakura_05 has a brilliant future

congrats everyone can't wait for next year

Proud Member of:

LSFC v2 FC - Naruto Shippuden FC - NaruSaku FC - Haruno Sakura FC - Akatsuki FC - Japan FC - Co-owner of Konoha Kunoichi FC
Old 07-08-2007, 08:25 PM   #35
AnticitizenOne
The One Free Man

AnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to all

I expected most of those outcomes. Especially the one about Corbenk being the most hated and annoying member. I also assumed Oakgyrl would become the best staff member and most respected member, especially since she usually gets back to you when you ask her something and is usually helpful and smart. IMO everyone who won deserved their victory, except Mooch because I have no idea who he is and only voted for him to do what everyone else was doing.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:34 AM   #36
Shikamaru
░░░░░░░▲░░░░░░░

Location: Although I may not go down in history I will however go down on your sister
Shikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
QFT!

Actually, it's like being voted most intellectual poster by a group of kids with down syndrome. Being voted for doesn't negatively portray the nominees or anything. It just doesn't mean much if you win, that's all.

That being said, congrats to everyone and thanks for the votes.
<--Most Intellectual and Respected non-mod right here. Fuck yeah! ; )

i really dont feel like explaining it to you miburo although, i do see what you mean, why would winning exempt them from being part of that group like everyone else? and yes thats basically what it means

congrats to you on such a .... great accomplishment
Old 07-09-2007, 07:23 AM   #37
skwee
Hunter-Nin

skwee is infamous around these partsskwee is infamous around these partsskwee is infamous around these parts

Congratz to all who won,and I cant wait till next years awards.

"There are things you want to hear,and things you need to hear,
and I am here to tell them to you..."-Skwee
Old 07-09-2007, 10:43 AM   #38
Miburo

Quote:
i really dont feel like explaining it to you miburo although, i do see what you mean, why would winning exempt them from being part of that group like everyone else? and yes thats basically what it means
It doesn't exempt them, it just doesn't make anyone look bad solely for being nominated. Just because a lot of people like 6N6's graphic designs on this site doesn't make 6N6 "the best graphic designer with down syndrome" just because he happens to use this forum. Hell, you're a user of this forum too and had a few nominations...does that mean you're "One of the funniest guys with down syndrome?" Of course not, because that's just fucking stupid.

I agree that it isn't anything to brag about for winning a poll on a forum, but I don't think anyone was taking it too seriously to begin with. It's not like anyone was saying "Woot! Fuck yeah! I'm going to put this on me resume! I AM GOD!" for winning or anything (Except me, kinda, but I was obviously joking given the context in which I said it...). It was just something stupid to do for shits and giggles. So prancing in here to belittle and indirectly insult people was kinda unnecessary, and pretty retarded.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for making fun of people when they deserve it. In this case, though, no one deserved it.

Quote:
congrats to you on such a .... great accomplishment
Thanks. : )

Notice that 'great accomplishment' are your words, not mine. Unnecessary malice is unnecessary.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:05 AM   #39
Shikamaru
░░░░░░░▲░░░░░░░

Location: Although I may not go down in history I will however go down on your sister
Shikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to behold

its not making fun of anyone, its a crude simile of how much of an accomplishment winning this contest is, if you cant grasp it or dont agree then thats not my fault.

and ive said before, my posts come off as malicious because i dont really care to make them sound happy or pleasent to others
Old 07-10-2007, 01:58 AM   #40
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold

Miburo is simply saying your analogy doesn't fit 100%. That is all. It's not because we can't grasp your massive intellect, and it's not because we don't agree, either.

And understood@not making fun of anyone. I get that.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:40 AM   #41
Shikamaru
░░░░░░░▲░░░░░░░

i see... if he doesn't think it fits 100%, then again what good analogy does.... then that would in fact be saying he doesn't agree to an extent apparently

its not a hard analogy to get so, instead of constantly trying to combat me with every single post i make- and dont think i dont enjoy it, it puts a little entertainment in this forum when i do decide to pop in occasionally....-

the only words you'd have to switch are: "kid with down syndome". Maybe with "guy on some forum full of random people who aren't hard to win over"... but thats beyond boring.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:34 AM   #42
Mystik
Im a Bitch

Mystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
It doesn't exempt them, it just doesn't make anyone look bad solely for being nominated. Just because a lot of people like 6N6's graphic designs on this site doesn't make 6N6 "the best graphic designer with down syndrome" just because he happens to use this forum. Hell, you're a user of this forum too and had a few nominations...does that mean you're "One of the funniest guys with down syndrome?" Of course not, because that's just fucking stupid.

I agree that it isn't anything to brag about for winning a poll on a forum, but I don't think anyone was taking it too seriously to begin with. It's not like anyone was saying "Woot! Fuck yeah! I'm going to put this on me resume! I AM GOD!" for winning or anything (Except me, kinda, but I was obviously joking given the context in which I said it...). It was just something stupid to do for shits and giggles. So prancing in here to belittle and indirectly insult people was kinda unnecessary, and pretty retarded.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for making fun of people when they deserve it. In this case, though, no one deserved it.

Thanks. : )

Notice that 'great accomplishment' are your words, not mine. Unnecessary malice is unnecessary.
sorry but the resume part i found highly funny.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:41 AM   #43
Miburo

You're correct in saying that I don't agree fully with your analogy, only because it is slightly erroneous. It implies that everyone in the forum is an idiot, or that being part of the forum makes one an idiot. The reality is that yeah, there's a lot of dumb asses here, but not everyone here is stupid. Now if you say that you didn't intend for it to be meant that way, then cool. But that's what it implied.

Quote:
its not a hard analogy to get so, instead of constantly trying to combat me with every single post i make- and dont think i dont enjoy it, it puts a little entertainment in this forum when i do decide to pop in occasionally....-
Like 48 said, it's not that I don't comprehend it. And dude, don't flatter yourself. I really couldn't care less about you, it's not like I hunt down your posts to 'combat' you or shit like that. I just see something posted that's not so bright, and do my thing. That's all. Hell, I even agree with you on occasion, I don't see where you're getting this from, man. It's really nothing personal.

And honestly, I'm cool with people being dicks...when the other people deserve it. In this case, it really does look like you went out of your way to say something negative for no good reason. And yeah, coming into a thread about forum poll winners and saying something along the lines of "Big fucking deal, it doesn't mean anything." is quite the dickish thing to do even if you didn't intend to imply that everyone here is mentally retarded. A real life analogy (It's not perfect, but it does apply, so bear with me here. xD) would be me taking a bunch of first year wrestlers to a novice wrestling tournament, and when they win I say something like "Whoop-dee-doo. It's just a novice tournament, you still suck in the grand scheme of things." Would I be wrong? Not necessarily, but if anyone called me a humongous douche bag for saying that, I wouldn't be able to disagree with them. See where I'm going with this? Sometimes it's better to just say "Congrats guys," even if it isn't as entertaining as calling everyone stupid. ; )

Last edited by Miburo; 07-10-2007 at 11:44 AM.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:07 PM   #44
Mystik
Im a Bitch

Mystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant future

some people really do argue over the most stupid stuff. Its just a thing for fun no need to make a huge fuss over something so simple. I mean really.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:10 PM   #45
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold

Ah, but you forget one thing Miburo. Shikamaru is so incredibly cool that he doesn't care about his outlook and behavior towards other people here (the teenage angst is palpable). So, he can care less about whether or not people deserve his behavior or not.

Oh, and in after and during shitstorm.