The Official 2008 Presidential Election Thread - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 09:14 PM   #16
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Thanked 1,005 Times in 546 Posts
Freshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to all
Re: The Official 2008 Presidential Election Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnticitizenOne View Post
Why? Marijuana is a dangerous drug that kills people and causes erratic behavior and symptoms in others. It's not something you want to be legalized unless you're an addict that wants it sold in stores. (Not implying that you are in any way an addict, but I am saying that nobody else has a very valad reason to think that way.)
I don't want the drug myself. There are way too many people locked up for smoking dope in their house. It is not the government's job to tell us what private uses of durgs should be unless they kill us. Last time I checked, marijuana is only a little different than tobacco. I've never heard of someone OD'ing on pot.

The only reason it is seen as a violent drug is because the DEA makes it so darn hard to get....people have to turn to gangsters and scum to get the drugs. It was the same for alcohol during the prohibition-era.

I just want my tax money (yes i do pay my own taxes) to go to locking away more killers than pot heads. I don't really see why pot-heads are a threat. They sit on couches all day (so says your soccer-mom funded ANTI-DRUG campains). And unless you've smoked pot for yourself, you wouldn't know what the drug is capable of. I smoked it once in high school with the rock band I was with. It makes you wanna chill and relax.

EDIT: I don't condone illegal activities, but I think the activities themselves should legal and thus condone that.

Alcohol causes violence/deaths/car accidents. Tobacco causes cancer. Why not ban them for killing people and causing people to act erratically.

Last edited by Freshgrease; 07-18-2007 at 09:19 PM.

Old 07-19-2007, 03:07 PM   #17
narut012
Chuunin

narut012 is a jewel in the roughnarut012 is a jewel in the roughnarut012 is a jewel in the roughnarut012 is a jewel in the roughnarut012 is a jewel in the roughnarut012 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBenoit View Post
i would vote for Barack Obama right now, i like his stance on fighting poverty, getting us out of iraq, working on a new health care system. Plus i think that hes done a hell of a job in illinois, with tax cuts.
but still, ya know what Illinois is still known for, "Land of Lawsuits", when he gets rid of all those dumbass lawsuits then I'll believe in him a lot more.

Sasuke Hater FC Link - http://www.narutolounge.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=17071
Old 07-27-2007, 06:00 PM   #18
4EvEr-Kazekage
Chuunin

4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice

It'd be funny if President Martinez from Disney Channel show "Cory in the house" was President,i wouldn't mind it because he seems fun o__O

(\_/)
('__')
(> <)
Old 08-07-2007, 05:15 PM   #19
dirk667
Claymore Addict

dirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Kina View Post
I can't really see Hiliary in office, sure, her husband was a 'good president' that kept the economy going, but that doesn't automatically mean she'll be a good one. This has nothing to do with her being female. I'd vote for a female president in a second if she was smart, but just not Hiliary.
ill go with that. except im more old fashion and wouldn't really think of voting for a woman president. especially hillary. the devil himself in human form. idk, some weird political thing thats been ingrained in me. then again, every1's got their own opinion. all tho, i have no idea who any of the other canadates r.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
I give up, dirk beats in all forms of life
Owner of:

Co-Owner of:
Uchiha Itachi FC
New Uchiha Sasuke FC
Member of:
War of the Sharingan FC
New Jirayia FC
I LOVE UCHIHA CLAN
Old 08-10-2007, 03:54 PM   #20
Kwakerz
Academy Student

Kwakerz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hillary Clinton! All the way...... Not really Ima going with B.O.!

O.G.

Pimp
Old 08-10-2007, 04:00 PM   #21
SpaceMarine
Show me your Fury

SpaceMarine is just really niceSpaceMarine is just really niceSpaceMarine is just really niceSpaceMarine is just really niceSpaceMarine is just really niceSpaceMarine is just really niceSpaceMarine is just really niceSpaceMarine is just really nice

Hillary for prez makes America Fail. We need a president that won't fail us. One that is awesome. We need someone like...
Master Chief

Good to Go Member...Stand the fuck by...
Old 08-10-2007, 07:40 PM   #22
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all

You wanna know what I don't understand? I've watched the news and it just boggles my mind about how they sensationalize and over blow everything candidates are doing. Obama disagreeing with one plan and talking about universal health care becomes "OBAMA BLASTED HILLARY ON HEALTH CARE TODAY!"

What the fuck!? The media grabs for attention worse than some people here in the Spam forum. They really are not giving correct images of what each person has to say / represent.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
Old 11-21-2007, 08:49 PM   #23
Minamoto4444
Genin

Minamoto4444 is an unknown quantity at this point

I disagree with both partys and dont even have a candidite I would even consider voting for especialy Hillary I swear her motto must be "When in doubt send your husband out,or lie,or flip flop,or just blame the republican party and play the gender card when they try to fight back".

Last edited by Minamoto4444; 11-22-2007 at 06:08 PM.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:46 PM   #24
Yamato-sama
Chuunin

Yamato-sama is just really niceYamato-sama is just really niceYamato-sama is just really niceYamato-sama is just really niceYamato-sama is just really niceYamato-sama is just really niceYamato-sama is just really niceYamato-sama is just really nice

I'm moving to the UK when I gather up enough cash. The same thing that happened to Rome is happening here in the states. If Hillary wins, I will sadly give up hope for the country. I think that John McCain should win though. I'm planning on going into medical work, and I hear they get pain alot more money *actually and statistically* in the UK.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:19 PM   #25
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamato-sama View Post
I'm moving to the UK when I gather up enough cash. The same thing that happened to Rome is happening here in the states. If Hillary wins, I will sadly give up hope for the country. I think that John McCain should win though. I'm planning on going into medical work, and I hear they get pain alot more money *actually and statistically* in the UK.
Amen. Probably my favorite candidates right now are Obama and McCain. The only two that aren't going to be puppets.

- Heraclitus
Old 12-28-2007, 07:05 AM   #26
Mashed Potato
sunshine and biscuits

Mashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the rough

If I resided in the US and was of legal age, I'd support Dennis Kucinich (you must be thinking, "get out of this thread, you don't even live in the US). XD I'll post anyways, we have to hear about presidential crap in Australia too. I've heard he's not a popular candidate and doesn't get much media coverage. Shame. I agree with most of his policies.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:41 PM   #27
Zetsu_Rocks
Genin

Zetsu_Rocks is an unknown quantity at this point

I like Christopher Dodd. Most of his positions are sensible and seems to be one of the most "down to Earth" candidates.

Member of Akatsuki FC
Member of New Kekkei Genkai FC
Old 01-03-2008, 12:20 AM   #28
Hiraku
Puppet Master

Hiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of light

i dont like any of the candidates in this election. All of the candidates are to consumed in bath mouthing one another and trying to discreded one another. The election is becoming a circus. Just like in 2004 with P. Diddi and his slanderous campaign of vote or die campaign.

The reason i think that campaign was stupid becuase of who that vote or die campaign poster children were mostly paris hilton and britney spears.

What is this countrys political scene coming to its more of a clown show were the candidates want more attention paid to themselves than what there campaign stands for what the candidates will do for us and the country.

so this campaign is more of a clown show than any thing else.

so yeah i will not vote this coming election.

The Look of Innocence

Last edited by Hiraku; 01-03-2008 at 12:39 AM.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:32 AM   #29
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all

Things have gotten a bit more interesting. Lemme just say the best and the worst here:

Worst possible candidate: Mike Huckabee.

Don't get me wrong here... It's not because he's a Republican. It's because he uses his religion as a weapon. Evangelicals are scary enough as it is, but Evangelicals in the President's office is even more frightening. I'm okay with someone being religious, but if all they do is tout how important such-and-such religion is to this country, then they should NOT be President.

Best candidate: Dennis Kucinich.

And once again, it isn't because of his political party. The reason he's so fucking awesome is because he straight edge answers people's questions. "How do you feel about this?" "Oh, I believe this." TA DA! No political pandering, just straight forward thoughts! Is this man even a politician!?

This election is making me really nervous. There are so many important things to take care of in the world today and if the wrong person gets elected President, then there could be some serious problems.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
Old 01-03-2008, 02:36 AM   #30
Hiraku
Puppet Master

Hiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of light

more than with bush.

The Look of Innocence
Closed Thread