Claymore - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 08-25-2007, 03:43 AM   #1
SimplyZippy
Academy Student

SimplyZippy is an unknown quantity at this point
Claymore

I'm just starting to get into the series, and so far I like it. One of my favorite things in its features is that all of the characters look different - even the individual claymore warriors. It's refreshing in comparison to a lot of the cookie-cutter animes out there.

I also love the author's drawing style. As an artist I'm picky about the line quality in whatever manga I'm reading, so this series makes me a happy panda.

One thing I have to throw out there, though, is that the centering plot is a bit overdone. Attractive half-monster girl walks around in skin-tight outfit + plus medieval armor and gigantic, gravity-defying sword while systematically kicking the ass of every snarling people-eater in a twenty mile radius without mussing up her hair. Sigh.

Even so, I can dig it.

Self-made avatar; see original manga at SimplyZippy.deviantart.com
SimplyZippy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-25-2007, 07:48 PM   #2
Zaith
Genin

Zaith is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Claymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyZippy View Post
One thing I have to throw out there, though, is that the centering plot is a bit overdone. Attractive half-monster girl walks around in skin-tight outfit + plus medieval armor and gigantic, gravity-defying sword while systematically kicking the ass of every snarling people-eater in a twenty mile radius without mussing up her hair. Sigh.

Even so, I can dig it.
If you were as trained as they are, your body would be in it's best shape as well. They got a few scars though, so they do make the woman less attractive at times. Furthermore the girls are drawn without make-up or anything done to their hair, it's to be suspected from warriors in that age.
Anyway, would you rather watch a ugly girl run the show?
I for one don't, so it's ok as it is. There are a few weird/ugly drawn half-monster girls too though.

It's true they have weird tight outfits of which I can't see useful. But, it's better than a half-monster girl walking around in her pyjama's or something, that would truly be horrible.

But I agree with you on it for the most part, even though it's a nicely drawn series. It does reminds me of a style I do not like, but it's neat/nicely drawn, so no complains here.

About the series, I really like it as well. I'm behind a few episodes due to my vacation, but the serie is really fascinating and enjoyable. You should definitely watch more and get more into it.

Cheers,

Zaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 08:02 PM   #3
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Thanked 2,470 Times in 1,137 Posts
Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, we seriously need an official thread for Claymore. I think the other one (made by dirk667) is dead, so we'll have this as the "official Claymore discussion thread", yeah?

/stickied
Tsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 11:04 PM   #4
dirk667
Claymore Addict

dirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugoiNaruto162 View Post
Okay, we seriously need an official thread for Claymore. I think the other one (made by dirk667) is dead, so we'll have this as the "official Claymore discussion thread", yeah?

/stickied
yeah, ill have to agree with you on that one. it is most definatly not going anywhere anytime soon. however, the claymore fc, is still in its infancy and is not about to give up without a fight. im very happy to see that there are so many people out there who watch this anime. its ranked very high in my list, not at the top, partly cause its not finished yet, and the creators may screw up the plot, sorta like what naruto went throu with the fillers. i sincerely hope not, but, hey, shit happens. i eagerly look forward to further episodes.

::EDIT:: OMG, episode 22, is fucking awsome!!!!!!!!! a Must see!!!!! mind-blowing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
I give up, dirk beats in all forms of life
Owner of:

Co-Owner of:
Uchiha Itachi FC
New Uchiha Sasuke FC
Member of:
War of the Sharingan FC
New Jirayia FC
I LOVE UCHIHA CLAN

Last edited by dirk667; 08-31-2007 at 01:14 PM.
dirk667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 02:46 PM   #5
kidmac1
Benny Blanco

kidmac1 has a spectacular aura aboutkidmac1 has a spectacular aura aboutkidmac1 has a spectacular aura aboutkidmac1 has a spectacular aura about

I just started watching this series and it's ill. I even read all of the manga so far and it's definitely one of the best on right now. I might add it to my list and add weekly RAWs and SUBs for it.

Member of:
kidmac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:48 PM   #6
dirk667
Claymore Addict

dirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud of

what do u mean "ill"? like totaly sick man! surfer talk or what? usually ill is not a good thing. im so confused...cause claymore is badass.

Quote:
Owner of:

Co-Owner of:
Uchiha Itachi FC
New Uchiha Sasuke FC
Member of:
War of the Sharingan FC
New Jirayia FC
I LOVE UCHIHA CLAN
Old 09-03-2007, 07:58 PM   #7
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Thanked 2,470 Times in 1,137 Posts
Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute

It's slang for something like "awesome"...context clues and stuff.

Anyway, saw this in a sig at NF and I simply HAD to post it. Will be posted in the FC too.

Tsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:52 PM   #8
dirk667
Claymore Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugoiNaruto162 View Post
It's slang for something like "awesome"...context clues and stuff.

Anyway, saw this in a sig at NF and I simply HAD to post it. Will be posted in the FC too.

hehe, i no. i was just messin around. i aint stupid, and that pic is funny!!!! lol!!!

Quote:
Owner of:

Co-Owner of:
Uchiha Itachi FC
New Uchiha Sasuke FC
Member of:
War of the Sharingan FC
New Jirayia FC
I LOVE UCHIHA CLAN
Old 09-05-2007, 03:09 PM   #9
kidmac1
Benny Blanco

kidmac1 has a spectacular aura aboutkidmac1 has a spectacular aura aboutkidmac1 has a spectacular aura aboutkidmac1 has a spectacular aura about

Heres I streaming Raw of Claymore episode 23

http://anime-media.com/claymore-epis...-point-part-1/

I don't remember Raki being there in the manga...

Member of:
Old 09-06-2007, 11:45 AM   #10
Zaith
Genin

Zaith is an unknown quantity at this point

Raki was there in the Manga rofl, I know that for certain.

Anyway, episode 23 was and still is awesome. I just finished the episode 5 minutes ago, I enjoyed every minute/second/m-second of it! XD

Zaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:21 PM   #11
kidmac1
Benny Blanco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaith View Post
Raki was there in the Manga rofl, I know that for certain.

Anyway, episode 23 was and still is awesome. I just finished the episode 5 minutes ago, I enjoyed every minute/second/m-second of it! XD

I know he was in the Manga...... But he wasn't there when Clare fought the Sliver Eyed loin King

Member of:
Old 09-06-2007, 01:51 PM   #12
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Thanked 1,005 Times in 546 Posts
Freshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to all

I haven't watched it yet, but my boss at work loves it. Knowing him, that's a good reason to go watch the series.
Freshgrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:17 PM   #13
Matonly1T
ANBU

Matonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these parts

http://eclipse.no-sekai.de/

Here are the subbers, 23's ending is superb. < <

Quote:
I know he was in the Manga...... But he wasn't there when Clare fought the Sliver Eyed loin King
From what I gather we're not going to have Claymore for much longer, just 3 more episodes.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=7028

That may be just for season 1, but I don't know.

Co-Owner

Last edited by Matonly1T; 09-06-2007 at 02:23 PM.
Matonly1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:28 PM   #14
dirk667
Claymore Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matonly1T View Post
http://eclipse.no-sekai.de/

Here are the subbers, 23's ending is superb. < <

From what I gather we're not going to have Claymore for much longer, just 3 more episodes.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=7028

That may be just for season 1, but I don't know.
what?!?! she cant die out! shes the whole reason that there is a claymore series! revenge for theresa. O.o omg, no...... oh, and 23 was so awsome! LOVED IT!!!!

Quote:
Owner of:

Co-Owner of:
Uchiha Itachi FC
New Uchiha Sasuke FC
Member of:
War of the Sharingan FC
New Jirayia FC
I LOVE UCHIHA CLAN
Old 09-07-2007, 05:08 PM   #15
SimplyZippy
Academy Student

SimplyZippy is an unknown quantity at this point

what the flying biscuits are you talking about? nothing was said of Clare dying or being taken out of the series. *hand to face* Just that the series will probably end soon as a whole.

sigh.

Self-made avatar; see original manga at SimplyZippy.deviantart.com
SimplyZippy is offline   Reply With Quote