The Official Music Talk Discussion v.1 [see first post] - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Music Talk

Music Talk Discuss about your favorite songs, battle freestyle, and show off your music videos here!

Old 10-10-2007, 08:26 PM   #16
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold
Re: The Official Music Talk Discussion v.1 [see first post]

They have a Crank Dat Halo. =]

Also, since I'm nowhere near knowledged enough in Rock to join this discussion: Kanye West > Weezy > Fiddy b.k.a 50 Cent.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2007, 09:57 PM   #17
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

GM-Simply no. =]

All those crank dat songs suck and i hate them all <.<...

and how can you NOT do the dance kat? lmao...its fuckin easy XD.....

someone is bound to talk about it so i shall start..
im sure some of you have heard britney's new shyte[not the good kind] and most people hate it, but the video...THAT will make you hate it even more o.o;......if you like it, i dont know what to say to you other than...wtf is wrong with you? XD
Old 10-11-2007, 08:02 AM   #18
fieldscarcrow
Missing-Nin

fieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura about

Avenged sucks the solos arnt anything amazing, hell I came up with better solos. I've only heard one solo by them that I accualy liked. But the band as a whole isnt good either, vocals are common, guitar skill is novice half the time,drums are on the harder side of things cause of the counting (1e+a2e+a so on and so 4th) (see what I did thar?) But if your a good drummer then you know that counting notes that fast is easy. If you want good metal go to the classics, try "Ride the lightning" (sp?) by metallica, or Disposable heros (also by mettalica) Sure its thrash metal and a bit different then avenged but then agan mettalica doesnt suck and they have awsome solos.

As far as punk is concerned. Punk is dead. It realy is. There are no bands like the rammones,clash, etc. What we have today is a lab experiment gone horribly wrong.

Also about screamo bands, I hate them. I realy do, I find the vocals often drown out the instruments. But I like underoath because the drummer is better then most screamo bands, and one of the better drums today. (New wave drummers, but Tom barker is defintly the best young drummer...that i've heard so far)
fieldscarcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 06:24 PM   #19
G
S-Ranked Negro

Thanked 1,261 Times in 458 Posts
G has a reputation beyond reputeG has a reputation beyond reputeG has a reputation beyond reputeG has a reputation beyond reputeG has a reputation beyond reputeG has a reputation beyond reputeG has a reputation beyond reputeG has a reputation beyond reputeG has a reputation beyond reputeG has a reputation beyond reputeG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugoiNaruto162 View Post
You haven't heard Soulja Gurl yet?
Yea I just did the other day, shit is weak.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:52 PM   #20
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Thanked 2,470 Times in 1,137 Posts
Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffTheChain
and how can you NOT do the dance kat? lmao...its fuckin easy XD.....
DDDD:

Don't make fun of me! I haven't tried to learn it yet. <.<
I'm afraid of embarrassing myself. XD

@fieldscarcrow--Maybe punk of today is dead, but the classics, no matter what genre, are as good as they ever were, in my opinion. So even if "punk is dead", I'd still like to delve into that genre to get a wider variety of music to listen to--even if it's bands that aren't around anymore, like the Ramones, or the Clash, or whatever else.
Tsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 11:44 PM   #21
fieldscarcrow
Missing-Nin

fieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura about
Post Re: The Official Music Talk Discussion v.1 [see first post]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugoiNaruto162 View Post
DDDD:

Don't make fun of me! I haven't tried to learn it yet. <.<
I'm afraid of embarrassing myself. XD

@fieldscarcrow--Maybe punk of today is dead, but the classics, no matter what genre, are as good as they ever were, in my opinion. So even if "punk is dead", I'd still like to delve into that genre to get a wider variety of music to listen to--even if it's bands that aren't around anymore, like the Ramones, or the Clash, or whatever else.
Rock is dying, rap is dying, everything is dying. NOTHING is how it once, and sadly the classics of everything where ALOT better
Old 10-15-2007, 07:25 PM   #22
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldscarcrow View Post
Rock is dying, rap is dying, everything is dying. NOTHING is how it once, and sadly the classics of everything where ALOT better
No rock is not dying. It is just that the bad stuff gets to the mainstream so if you want good bands you have to look for them yourself. Same thing with rap.

- Heraclitus
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:01 PM   #23
fieldscarcrow
Missing-Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckboy View Post
No rock is not dying. It is just that the bad stuff gets to the mainstream so if you want good bands you have to look for them yourself. Same thing with rap.
I havnt heard any bands (even indi, underground bands) that were as innovative or as amazing as black sabbath, pantera (sp?) led zepp, etc
Old 10-16-2007, 04:44 PM   #24
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

Sharon den Adel (of the dutch band Within Temptation) is an amazing vocalist. People always praise Amy Lee's voice, but it is HORRIBLE in concert. Amy's voice cracks ofter. Sharon, however, is stunning live. I love her voice. She does get as high as she does in her CDs, but the beauty is still there. I really admire her.

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Kina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 05:57 PM   #25
fieldscarcrow
Missing-Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Kina View Post
Sharon den Adel (of the dutch band Within Temptation) is an amazing vocalist. People always praise Amy Lee's voice, but it is HORRIBLE in concert. Amy's voice cracks ofter. Sharon, however, is stunning live. I love her voice. She does get as high as she does in her CDs, but the beauty is still there. I really admire her.
I like amy's voice live..lol, I think im the only one >_> Worst live vocalist has to kurt cobain before he did himself in (Ex: Penny royal tea fuck up)
Old 10-16-2007, 06:46 PM   #26
tenkaichymaster
..:::KERO:::..

tenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud of

Allright... who thinks that MCR is really turning into another Green day? i've heard that comment, but i dont really think it is true.....

Whatcha guys think?
tenkaichymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:56 PM   #27
RNB
El Topo

RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkaichymaster View Post
Allright... who thinks that MCR is really turning into another Green day? i've heard that comment, but i dont really think it is true.....

Whatcha guys think?
HAHA. I think MCR and Green Day have sucked equally from he start and are hypnotizing you with bad music to buy their albums so they can become rich and make you poor.

Quote:
I havnt heard any bands (even indi, underground bands) that were as innovative or as amazing as black sabbath, pantera (sp?) led zepp, etc
Pantera wasn't that innovative. Please, tell me what genre they created? Black Sabbath in my opinion is one of the most innovative bands of all time. Led Zeppelin added to Black Sabbath's sound by making it have a more uplifting, less dark sound, while still keeping a majority of the heaviness. The newer age of post-rock is extremely new to music. Bands like Mogwai, Sigur Ros, and Godspeed You! Black Emperor are all extremely innovative. The reason is that the feelings the music creates and the way the music creates those feelings are being used in all different kinds of music that aren't even related to the genre.

Quote:
She is alright, but there would be many singers I would pick over her. She isn't half-bad though.

- Heraclitus
Old 10-17-2007, 05:58 PM   #28
fieldscarcrow
Missing-Nin

Quote:
HAHA. I think MCR and Green Day have sucked equally from he start and are hypnotizing you with bad music to buy their albums so they can become rich and make you poor.

Pantera wasn't that innovative. Please, tell me what genre they created? Black Sabbath in my opinion is one of the most innovative bands of all time. Led Zeppelin added to Black Sabbath's sound by making it have a more uplifting, less dark sound, while still keeping a majority of the heaviness. The newer age of post-rock is extremely new to music. Bands like Mogwai, Sigur Ros, and Godspeed You! Black Emperor are all extremely innovative. The reason is that the feelings the music creates and the way the music creates those feelings are being used in all different kinds of music that aren't even related to the genre.

She is alright, but there would be many singers I would pick over her. She isn't half-bad though.

Wasnt it pantera that kept metal alive?
Old 10-17-2007, 06:00 PM   #29
RNB
El Topo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldscarcrow View Post
Wasnt it pantera that kept metal alive?
Keeping metal alive? That isn't really innovation. All you have to do to keep metal alive is gain popularity as a metal band.

- Heraclitus
Old 10-17-2007, 07:06 PM   #30
fieldscarcrow
Missing-Nin

Quote:
Keeping metal alive? That isn't really innovation. All you have to do to keep metal alive is gain popularity as a metal band.
Okay sorry that wasnt inovated..I guess your right...BUT WHAT OTHER BAND HAS KEPT A GENERE ALIVE?!