Chinese Thread - Page 58 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Languages

Languages Here you can learn or chat in different languages.

Old 10-06-2007, 08:26 PM   #856
Beikoku Rikujin
Genin

Beikoku Rikujin is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Chinese Thread

What do these chinese symbols mean?

Old 10-06-2007, 08:50 PM   #857
OffTheChain

OffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure Evil

The first character 山 means mountain/critical point (yama).
Considering Japanese borrowed Chinese characters, it should be the same thing (i think), but pronounced (shan1).

I don't know the 2nd character.
OffTheChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 11:53 PM   #858
redkyuubi
Genin

redkyuubi is on a distinguished roadredkyuubi is on a distinguished road

Ni hao! yo whats up everyone? i cant believe i found this thread..... you guys know this should probably be in the language corner right? i should know believe me, i started a thread for mandarin chinese speakers there but i left it alone because i didnt think there were any in this forum..lol...

Huan Ying EVERYONE!!!!

check out my language corner thread....
redkyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 05:42 PM   #859
OffTheChain

OffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure Evil

Ni hao ma redkyuubi. is learning chinese. This is the main dead Chinese speaking thread.

Last edited by OffTheChain; 10-26-2007 at 05:44 PM.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:19 PM   #860
Ero
//Sin\\

Ero has a spectacular aura aboutEro has a spectacular aura aboutEro has a spectacular aura aboutEro has a spectacular aura aboutEro has a spectacular aura about

second character is 'lao' [in cantonese] to grasp or take hold of. [if my memory serves correct]
Ero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 11:08 AM   #861
redkyuubi
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffTheChain View Post
Ni hao ma redkyuubi. is learning chinese. This is the main dead Chinese speaking thread.
wo hen hao. Ni me? ji ge di fan mei you ren, dui ba? wei shen me le? bu duo zhong guo ren lai... hen bu hao!!!

lol.... BTW, wo men shu yao yi ge topic dui bu dui? OffTheChain_ ni you yi ge me?
Old 10-28-2007, 10:53 AM   #862
OffTheChain

wo ye hen hao, xiexie. dui bu qi, hen gao xing jian dao ni.
don't expect me to understand everything, or be able to make a topic in pinyin, because i am learning lol
Old 10-29-2007, 06:04 AM   #863
tomgeniewang
Academy Student

tomgeniewang is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beikoku Rikujin View Post
What do these chinese symbols mean?

ni hao ( hello )

the second character 拿 prounces na ( second tune ) and it means to take something from somebody or somewhere.
tomgeniewang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:08 AM   #864
tomgeniewang
Academy Student

and also, the second character prounces luo ( sounds like lord without the prounciation of " rd " ) in cantannese

and the first prounces san in cantanese.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:03 AM   #865
redkyuubi
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffTheChain View Post
wo ye hen hao, xiexie. dui bu qi, hen gao xing jian dao ni.
don't expect me to understand everything, or be able to make a topic in pinyin, because i am learning lol
^ mei wen ti, ye hen gao xing jian dao ni.... ni bu shi zhong guo ren me? wo juede ni shi zhong guo ren...lol... dui bu qi. wo you yi ge topic: shui you geng duo de quanli me? naruto/sasuke?

No problem, its also very nice to meet you.... youre not chinese? i thought you were..lol... sorry... i guess i have a topic: who is more powerful? naruto or sasuke?
Old 11-03-2007, 10:12 PM   #866
tomgeniewang
Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by redkyuubi View Post
^ mei wen ti, ye hen gao xing jian dao ni.... ni bu shi zhong guo ren me? wo juede ni shi zhong guo ren...lol... dui bu qi. wo you yi ge topic: shui you geng duo de quanli me? naruto/sasuke?

No problem, its also very nice to meet you.... youre not chinese? i thought you were..lol... sorry... i guess i have a topic: who is more powerful? naruto or sasuke?
ni hao, hen gao xing jian dao ni. dui bu qi, wo xiang zhi wu ni de yi ge cuo wu. quan li ying gai gai wei li liang. wo jue de naturo geng you li liang. shou xian ta de cha ke la yao bi sasuke duo. er qie ta de ren shu ye hen li hai

hello, nice to meet you. bit i'm sorry i'm gonna point out a mistake you made. in this case, power should be translate into li liang in stead of quan li.

i think naruto is more powerful. cuz he has more chakera. and his jutsu is exellent
Old 11-04-2007, 05:51 AM   #867
OffTheChain

@redkyuubi: lol XD Nah. Wo shi ri ben ren. I think Sasuke atm. Naruto is possibly more powerful than Sasuke but he has yet to unlock his full power.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:47 AM   #868
redkyuubi
Genin

^lol... ri ben ren me? cool. Wo ye bu shi zhong guo ren. i've always wanted to check out ri ben guo, how is it there?... is it like china or completely different? BTW, naruto can kick sasuke's ass, i think so anyways....

@tomgenie- shi li liang me? wei shen me le? quan li shi control or power dui ba?,
qing, peng you, Please dont be afraid to tell me when i write something thats wrong or incorrect, my pin yin is only ma ma hu hu after all...lol... but my spoken chinese is pretty good..

Last edited by redkyuubi; 11-07-2007 at 03:52 AM.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:47 AM   #869
tomgeniewang
Academy Student

redkyuubi, nice to meet u. and very glad to know that your spoken chinese is quite good.
and no problem, if you make some mistakes i will point it out. and if you have some questions, i will be glad to answer them.
quan li means you have the right to do something. like wo you quan li xuan ze wo zi ji de sheng huo( i have the right to choose my own life), li liang means the power that shows you are strong physically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redkyuubi View Post
^lol... ri ben ren me? cool. Wo ye bu shi zhong guo ren. i've always wanted to check out ri ben guo, how is it there?... is it like china or completely different? BTW, naruto can kick sasuke's ass, i think so anyways....

@tomgenie- shi li liang me? wei shen me le? quan li shi control or power dui ba?,
qing, peng you, Please dont be afraid to tell me when i write something thats wrong or incorrect, my pin yin is only ma ma hu hu after all...lol... but my spoken chinese is pretty good..
and i'm afraid i can't understand the meaning of "qing peng you". could you translate it into english?

ni hao, offthechain. wo zhi dao hen duo ri ben ren bu xi huan zhong guo ren. hen duo zhong guo ren ye bu xi huan ri ben ren. dan shi wo xi wang neng yu ni jiao ge peng you, ke yi ma? hai you redkyuubi, wo ye xiang gen ni jiao peng you, ke yi ma?
hi, offthechain. i know that many japanese dislike chinese and many chinse dislike japanese. but i wanna make frends with you. is that ok? and also , i wanna make friends with you, redkyuubi, is that ok?

Last edited by OG; 11-07-2007 at 03:00 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:39 AM   #870
redkyuubi
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgeniewang View Post
redkyuubi, nice to meet u. and very glad to know that your spoken chinese is quite good.
and no problem, if you make some mistakes i will point it out. and if you have some questions, i will be glad to answer them.
quan li means you have the right to do something. like wo you quan li xuan ze wo zi ji de sheng huo( i have the right to choose my own life), li liang means the power that shows you are strong physically.
hmm... in my understanding quan li means to have power by the means of control, where as shi li means to have power by the means of influence... at least that's the way i learned it in china...i used the term quan li to express naruto/sasuke's control of their abilities, not just their physical strength- but i can understand the difference.

BTW, qing peng you- my meaning was "Please, friend"... so, ni jiao wo peng you all you want lol. Hai you wo ye zhi dao hen duo zhong guo ren bu xi huan ri ben ren, jin de.
-So you can call me "friend" all you want..lol..yeah, i also know that a lot of chinese people dont like japanese people, its true.