Tv-Links.co.Uk - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:00 PM   #1
D4rKR34v3r
ANBU

Location: Wow, if you are reading this stop trying to stalk me
D4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud of
Tv-Links.co.Uk

http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,2195407,00.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some WebSite

One of the world's most-used pirate film websites has been closed after providing links to illegal versions of major Hollywood hits and TV shows.

The first closure of a major UK-based pirate site was also accompanied by raids and an arrest, the anti-piracy group Federation Against Copyright Theft (Fact) said today.

A 26-year-old man from Cheltenham was arrested on Thursday in connection with offences relating to the facilitation of copyright infringement on the internet, Fact said.

The arrest and the closure of the site - www.tv-links.co.uk - came during an operation by officers from Gloucestershire County Council trading standards in conjunction with investigators from Fact and Gloucestershire Police.

Fact claims that tv-links.co.uk was providing links to illegal film content that had been camcorder recorded from cinemas and then uploaded to the internet. The site also provided links to TV shows that were being illegally distributed.

Visitors to the site could get access to major feature films, sometimes within days of their initial cinema release. Recent links took users to illegal versions of the Disney/Pixar animation sensation Ratatouille as well as to most of this summer's blockbusters.

"Sites such as TV Links contribute to and profit from copyright infringement by identifying, posting, organising, and indexing links to infringing content found on the internet that users can then view on demand by visiting these illegal sites," said a spokesman for Fact.

The group's director general Kieron Sharp said TV Links was the first major target in a campaign to crackdown on web piracy.

"The theft and distribution of films harms the livelihoods of those working in the UK film industry and in ancillary industries, as well as damaging the economy," he said.

Roger Marles, from Trading Standards said sites such as TV Links allowed people to break UK copyright law.

"The 'users' are potentially evading licence fees, subscription fees to digital services or the cost of purchase or admittance to cinemas to view the films," he added.

The British Video Association estimates that at least £459m was lost to the video, film and TV industries due to piracy in 2006.

· This article was amended on Friday October 26 2007. A caption accompanying the picture originally attached to the above article said that the website TV links was closed for allowing users to download illegal material. In fact the site provided links to illegal material hosted by other websites, as the name suggests. The caption has been removed.
We will miss you, and we will thank you for risking your ass to give us pirated Tv/Movies.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:21 PM   #2
fieldscarcrow
Missing-Nin

fieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura about
Re: Tv-Links.co.Uk

Sad news is sad
fieldscarcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 09:34 PM   #3
ino11
Missing-Nin

ino11 will become famous soon enoughino11 will become famous soon enoughino11 will become famous soon enough

It's because the "corporations" run the media and the government, so ripping off the media, they're ripping off the government, and therefore is A TERRORIST!
ino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 09:35 PM   #4
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

yea sad indeed...

no fear there are a lot of other sites =]
Old 10-27-2007, 10:07 PM   #5
Missing Nin
Missing-Nin

Missing Nin is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes i flipped out when i found out about this oh well just wondering though does anyone know of any other good sites please anything else other than:alluc.org,or peekvid because those sites suck something good like tv links.
Missing Nin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 01:43 AM   #6
4EvEr-Kazekage
Chuunin

4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice

*ugh* i always went there to watch movies and anime =(
well...there's other sites...

(\_/)
('__')
(> <)
4EvEr-Kazekage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 02:04 AM   #7
Miburo

Good find, OP. I knew the site was down, but because they had downtime before I didn't think much of it.

Though, this blows something fierce. That was my go-to site for mai showz. Now I've got to actually search for that shit again. Someone post these 'other sites' you keep speaking of. If your forum name isn't too hard to remember, I'll hook you up with permanent immunity from being added to my shitlist. : )

And that's hardcore bullshit, you can get arrested for fucking for posting links now? It's not like the dude uploaded or hosted that media. Re-fucking-diculous. Where's the justice in that? Not that media sharing, especially through streaming video, should be illegal in the first place. What's next, letting a friend borrow a DVD being illegal cuz it makes cumpaneez loze moniez LOL! Fucking people.

Last edited by Miburo; 10-28-2007 at 02:06 AM.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:35 AM   #8
4EvEr-Kazekage
Chuunin

4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice

well i know of one site that gives you links to other sites to watch videos(ok shutting up now and typing down site )

ovguide.com
catergories are on the left side of site <_<

enjoy >=]

this site is my "go to" site for all my online video needs <__<

(\_/)
('__')
(> <)

Last edited by 4EvEr-Kazekage; 10-28-2007 at 02:37 AM.
4EvEr-Kazekage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:05 PM   #9
EJ
Reckless

EJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of light

who watches anime there? most of the quality there sucks, torrents ftw

but yeah, it was easy to watch some movies there
EJ is offline   Reply With Quote