We need more threads here at NL.
Since I am not really active these days either, I though of making a few interesting threads while I am here.
So here is it - vote who do you think will be the final villain in Naruto and give your reasons.
Do not be lazy to type it all down and just vote. Give us your reason so other could discuss.
- The story is largely about Konoha. Madara helped create it. He should be dead but he's still alive and he's an important part of Konoha's past.
- Madara most likely summoned Kyuubi to attack Konoha and that is the backdrop of this whole story.
- Madara has also possibly had a hand in the massacre of the Uchiha, which means he's also contributed to what Sasuke has gone through. He's connected to the two big plot events of this story.
- He's clashed with Shodai over something. Him and his rival were used as a parallel for our two main protagonists.
- In this arc, which is the transitional period and revealing the important things to us, Madara's part has been left until the end. He's about to encounter Naruto and Sasuke, both of our main protagonists.
- Madara gave Pain orders. This is NJT's translation; "You do it. As you are their leader, I won't accept failure." I don't think he even considers himself part of that organisation but he's definitely giving orders to the one who leads it. This is a difference in rank being shown. The context in Japanese; Madara was telling Pain he was the "their" leader (the other members of Akatsuki) and that he wouldn't accept failure from him. Even before this, he told Pain to tell his members to finish their tasks.
- He's more evil than Kyuubi, said by the demon himself. No one is more evil than Kyuubi so when someone that comes along is, he's something major.
- He's been foreshadowed since the early stages of the story.
- His revelation overshadowed Pain's. After all of us AL fans were waiting to see who led Akatsuki, we're shown someone else in the shadows who's telling him things. That person also gets the classic lightning action.
- He's an Uchiha; instant importance since the Sharingan is an important aspect of the plot and has been since the beginning stages of the story.
- Jiraiya has met Pain; he plans on taking him out. Yet, at the thought of Madara being alive, he was worried. There is something Madara did in the past which makes Jiraiya wary of him; we're going to find out soon. Shodai wanted peace above everything else and i'm willing to bet Madara's ambition would lead to chaos. He wants the true power of the sharingan for a reason.
- He can summon Kyuubi. This is a testament to his strength; the greatest hype there is since we haven't seen anything stronger than Kyuubi.
- His battle with Shodai created the VotE, there hasn't been one shinobi so far who has shown power capable of such a thing. That shit is mini-DBZ level (though i think Kyuubi played a part there too ).
- He hasn't even done anything in the present so far, but his importance is rooted into the story. That is what you call final villain material; he has major importance as soon as he is revealed.
- No other villain is as deeply connected to this plot like Madara. Seriously, no contest. His actions were the domino affect which caused this story to turn out the way it is. Just think, it's already been implied by Jiraiya that he's behind the Kyuubi attack and Itachi mentioned a 3rd MS user (Uchiha massacre connection?). If that is indeed the case, take away those two events from ever happening and see how this story has to, either completely reshape itself, or someone else has to fill in Madara's role for it to stay the same.
Those are simply put, my reasons for believing he's going to be the final villain and the most powerful. He's the perfect candidate to be defeated by Team 7 and have everyone work together to overcome. He's been screwing around people for decades, is connected to Naruto, Sasuke, Shodai, Minato, the whole of Konoha because he helped create the village. Not only that, he's about to possibly encounter both of our main protagonists at the same time and that's going to be an epic event, especially when they realise who exactly is alive and news goes back to Konoha.
Pain, in my opinion, stopped being in contention for final villain as soon as it was revealed Madara was alive. He's going to be for Naruto what Itachi is for Sasuke, their respective one on one battles before they have to team up and take out the final threat.
A person I know wrote this and I would agree.
But, I wouldn't still agree with him that Madara is giving orders to Pain. I was kinda convinced AL will be the final villain, but now I don't think so anymore.