trends =/ - Page 4 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2007, 08:49 AM   #46
Pride
Change is coming
 
Pride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Louisiana
Age: 24
Posts: 1,248
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Pride will become famous soon enoughPride will become famous soon enough
Re: trends =/

Why do you people bring me into everything.
__________________

[1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2]
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 11-15-2007, 01:29 PM   #47
Miburo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: trends =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPwnzerz View Post
If you could point out where I displayed any malice towards someone, it would be highly appreciated. If you're referencing my previous post in this thread, I don't believe mentioning that the instigating and baiting tactics I've noted select members using to draw people into flaming is malice rearing its ugly head, it's an objective statement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPwnzerz View Post
Your thread sucked anyway. Who cares if it got pathetically copied?
Insulting a thread someone made when it has absolutely nothing to do with you what-so-ever isn't what I would call the pinnacle of benevolence. In actuality, there is really no reason to say something like that at all unless your goal was to insult him indirectly. After all, what other logical motive could you have possibly had by posting something like that? Cut the bullshit and quit playing mister nice guy, you're not fooling anyone.

Not to mention the irony in you calling people on stupid shit like "inciting flames" yet you clearly attempted to indirectly insult someone without any provocation toward you at all. By your own logic, you should be banned. Or maybe this will show you that it would be impossible to determine if someone's motive was to provoke the other person into flamming, which makes the whole "inciting flames" thing incredibly retarded.

As for the semantics game you're attempting to play at the end there, I'll call bullshit on that too. Like I said, I'm going by your supposed definition of malice as shown by this thread. Because if supporting a mod's decision is considered malicious, then what you've displayed in that quote is down right ridiculous.
Quote:
To address you and Ninja48, the reason I chose not to debate the subject, is because it's not important to me. During the day, I have better things to do than sit here and argue with people about why this forum is lenient. Unfortunately, it's the middle of the night right now and I can't sleep, so I guess I'll play. To cite atleast a couple of forums I can without question say are much more harsh than here: Halo3Forum and MLGPro. If you went there and tried enticing people to start flaming each other like I see some people here do, you'd gradually keep getting banned until the mods got fed up with you(which wouldn't be more than a week or two) and perma ban you. That may not be a mile long list of forums, but those are two of the most populated forums on the internet, with less than astounding numbers of staff to keep the forums clean.
A direct quote from you is that this forum is "the most lenient forum ever" and you then later claim that you're only comparing it to two other forums out of probably hundreds of thousands you can find on the internets. If you don't see the fallacy in that then there's something wrong. If I made such a silly comment I'd most definitely admit that it was stupid of me and that I was definitely wrong to make that claim.

And if you don't want people calling you on shit and putting you in a position where you might have to justify your words, then don't say silly shit. I know when I say something, I can always back it up. If you say shit, then try to back out when people dispute it, it makes you look like a joke.

Quote:
Your play on my username is irradiating comicality.
Thanks, I try. : )

@Bal-XD
@48-Well done. /tipshat

Last edited by Miburo; 11-15-2007 at 01:31 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 04:20 PM   #48
balmung5000
cpas
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,123
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4,878 Times in 1,982 Posts
balmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura about
Re: trends =/

this turned into one of the greatest threads ever
balmung5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 04:25 PM   #49
MrPwnzerz
ANBU
 
MrPwnzerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New Jersey
Age: 23
Posts: 1,505
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
MrPwnzerz will become famous soon enoughMrPwnzerz will become famous soon enoughMrPwnzerz will become famous soon enough
Re: trends =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo
Insulting a thread someone made when it has absolutely nothing to do with you what-so-ever isn't what I would call the pinnacle of benevolence. In actuality, there is really no reason to say something like that at all unless your goal was to insult him indirectly. After all, what other logical motive could you have possibly had by posting something like that? Cut the bullshit and quit playing mister nice guy, you're not fooling anyone.
The thread was titled "massive penor" with no real topic at all. It served no clear purpose other than to promote pointless crap. I was under the impression this part of the forum wasn't literally meant for spamming 4chan-esque material; moreso just talking about random stuff that wasn't necessarily well-suited for any other subforum. I pointed out it was a bad thread(admittedly, it could've been better worded, but I didn't think it was important), and the fact that someone would try to half-assedly duplicate the thread was pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo
Not to mention the irony in you calling people on stupid shit like "inciting flames" yet you clearly attempted to indirectly insult someone without any provocation toward you at all. By your own logic, you should be banned. Or maybe this will show you that it would be impossible to determine if someone's motive was to provoke the other person into flamming, which makes the whole "inciting flames" thing incredibly retarded.
Apparently our standards for what constitutes as flaming vary quite a bit. I don't view pointing out to someone that a thread is stupid as an "indirect flame" towards ______ or ______'s character. Once more, I'm admitting it could've been better worded, but I still had no intention of sneaking by with an indirect cheap shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo
As for the semantics game you're attempting to play at the end there, I'll call bullshit on that too. Like I said, I'm going by your supposed definition of malice as shown by this thread. Because if supporting a mod's decision is considered malicious, then what you've displayed in that quote is down right ridiculous.
What is my supposed definition of malice? Are you making guesswork of how I define something by how I used it to describe someone elses actions? You're giving me an ultimatum, and I don't like that. Stop portraying your word as the final, factual word. You need to tell me what my definition of malice is, because I'm not so sure your comprehension of why I said what I said is correct. Let me help you out. I said malice on an internet forum is pretty odd. Why odd? Because I find it hard to know why someone can show so much discontent over a single person that they don't even know, and have only ever seen text from. It wasn't supporting a mod's decision, that wouldn't have needed a thread. I'm fairly certain I've seen people imploring mods to perma ban the ino guy for a while because they didn't like him, and that thread was basking in what he felt like was a glorious victory. I'd call that malicious. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe that's not what he had in mind when creating the thread, maybe Balmung can clear it up for me; instead of saying, "You're not intelligent," and not giving me any basis for that theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo
A direct quote from you is that this forum is "the most lenient forum ever" and you then later claim that you're only comparing it to two other forums out of probably hundreds of thousands you can find on the internets. If you don't see the fallacy in that then there's something wrong. If I made such a silly comment I'd most definitely admit that it was stupid of me and that I was definitely wrong to make that claim.
Find me another forum with as many members as the two I provided. Ninja said something about I was basing my statement like so because I likely came from a much smaller forum community with a closer member/mod ratio. A dozen mods compared to 45k members is hardly a close member/mod ratio. I know of plenty of other forums with just as strict mods, but, the two I named have vastly larger populace then NL, but the same amount of forum staff. Thus I figured it would make the most impact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo
And if you don't want people calling you on shit and putting you in a position where you might have to justify your words, then don't say silly shit. I know when I say something, I can always back it up. If you say shit, then try to back out when people dispute it, it makes you look like a joke.
I don't think anything I said was silly. Maybe I didn't provide enough immediate footing for my comment, but in no way do I find it silly. I wasn't trying to back out of anything. I was trying to avoid getting into anything in the first place. Here is one of my favorite phrases I like to apply to my forum-going: "Arguing on the internet is like winning the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarded."


Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo
Thanks, I try. : )
Yes...I see that.
MrPwnzerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 04:53 PM   #50
DarkAztek
Sand Man
 
DarkAztek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Age: 31
Posts: 3,324
Thanks: 64
Thanked 582 Times in 189 Posts
DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all
Re: trends =/

Quote:
It served no clear purpose other than to promote pointless crap.
It was on a Naruto forum. In the Spam section. No shit it had no point.
__________________
[CENTER]
Nam Myōhō Renge Kyō[/CENTER]
[CENTER]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:33 PM   #51
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas
 
Ninja48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: 305
Posts: 2,466
Thanks: 179
Thanked 636 Times in 249 Posts
Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold
Re: trends =/

Clearly, we're dealing with a master here. Obscure /a/ meme.

MrPwnzerz, there's nothing more I can really do except take your word for the lenience of those forums. The only way I can prove you wrong is to find specific posts that contradict your statements, but I really don't feel like doing that. However, do know that on NarutoMania (specifically in the graphics section), I have seen people openly insult each other continuously, only for a mod to step in and say "calm down guys," with no real punishment. I believe that's a perfect balance between a mod enforcing order and a mod demonstrating leniency. Mods don't really need to act on everything they see, they merely have to enforce order.

Also,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
On one last note, the three other times you listed as questioning the forum's rules were atleast threads addressed to the mods, where you were given an answer. Now, you're just ranting about it in a thread not remotely relevant to your quarrel.
What quarrel exactly? You mean the time last year when I noticed how strict the flame rules seemed to be and suggested a change? Or the time when the mods contemplated banning me (for creating a thread with a link to another site which I didn't own), claiming it, in a technicality, to be advertising? Explain, how is "ranting" it to the mods any different than discussing it somewhere else? And even then, those are threads that I made that address leniency. I would find posts, but that would be near impossible. My "ranting" on leniency is in no way related to my infractions.

I'm not even "ranting," I was merely discussing the issue with I'dfightGod. I would not have discussed it if you didn't bring it up some days ago.
__________________
Ninja48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:43 PM   #52
balmung5000
cpas
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,123
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4,878 Times in 1,982 Posts
balmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura about
Re: trends =/

first thing i would like to say is
to malboro & ninja
these 2 minds are probly the greatest on NL all must bow to them rofl

also lulz at DA's comment
nicely done

now to address mrgetzpwnzerd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgetzpwnzerd
I was under the impression this part of the forum wasn't literally meant for spamming 4chan-esque material; moreso just talking about random stuff that wasn't necessarily well-suited for any other subforum
apparently spam doesnt mean spam 0___0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgetzpwnzerd
I pointed out it was a bad thread(admittedly, it could've been better worded, but I didn't think it was important), and the fact that someone would try to half-assedly duplicate the thread was pathetic.
your just jelous you didnt make it
and you obvs have no sense of humor


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgetzpwnzerd'
Because I find it hard to know why someone can show so much discontent over a single person that they don't even know, and have only ever seen text from
ignorence looks good on you =)
you do not just see text when you read someones posts
you could also get a sense of thier personality,views of life, and the way they are in general
you would know this if you looked aaround the spam section
for some reason people feel the need to tell everyone thier life story of the interwebz
this is merly more then just words
so yes someone could despise someone from just words over the internet

i would also like to point out that you probly have some view of me in your head
and im sure its a negative view
but now how could you have such malice twoards me if its just words on a screen?

regaurding the ino situation
i was pointing out that he was finally perm banned due to the fact that the rules say after 3 auto bans you get perm banned
now ino was auto banned 6 times
i was trying to point out a MAJOR flaw in the system
besides getting rid of someone who i greatly detested


reguarding the trolling
arnt you trolling me
it seems you only show up in MY threads
and say somethign to put me downor insult me
now thats what i call trolling =)

lastly
i said you lack intelligence due to your comment on the liency of this forum
i dont care to debate that any further then ninja and malboro have ripped you apart

in conclusion
balmung, malbor, ninja > mrgetzpwnzerd
balmung5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:51 PM   #53
Trey
Legendary
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,251
Thanks: 139
Thanked 538 Times in 300 Posts
Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold
Re: trends =/

Such diction and forward thinking for such a pointless topic.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:05 PM   #54
Miburo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: trends =/

^Welcome to the internets. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPwnzerz View Post
The thread was titled "massive penor" with no real topic at all. It served no clear purpose other than to promote pointless crap. I was under the impression this part of the forum wasn't literally meant for spamming 4chan-esque material; moreso just talking about random stuff that wasn't necessarily well-suited for any other subforum. I pointed out it was a bad thread(admittedly, it could've been better worded, but I didn't think it was important), and the fact that someone would try to half-assedly duplicate the thread was pathetic.

Okay, and what purpose does pointing that out serve? Because telling someone his thread sucks is at the very least a mean thing to do, whether you'll admit it or not. And when you go out of your way to say something mean for no logical purpose at all (Since, like DA said, it's the fucking spam zone) to someone, then that's pretty malicious. Even the dictionary would agree with this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefuckingdictionary
Mean:
1.offensive, selfish, or unaccommodating; nasty; malicious: a mean remark
Like I said, cut the bullshit already. It's not going to work.


Quote:
Apparently our standards for what constitutes as flaming vary quite a bit. I don't view pointing out to someone that a thread is stupid as an "indirect flame" towards ______ or ______'s character. Once more, I'm admitting it could've been better worded, but I still had no intention of sneaking by with an indirect cheap shot.
Apparently so does our levels of reading comprehension. I never said you flamed anyone. An insult isn't necessarily a flame on this forum, after all. And when you direct a demeaning comment towards someone then you're insulting them. This stuff isn't hard to get, dude. Don't know why you're having so much trouble with it.

And just out of curiosity, what was your intention when telling someone that his thread sucks? I could use a good laugh.
Quote:
What is my supposed definition of malice? Are you making guesswork of how I define something by how I used it to describe someone elses actions? You're giving me an ultimatum, and I don't like that. Stop portraying your word as the final, factual word. You need to tell me what my definition of malice is, because I'm not so sure your comprehension of why I said what I said is correct. Let me help you out. I said malice on an internet forum is pretty odd. Why odd? Because I find it hard to know why someone can show so much discontent over a single person that they don't even know, and have only ever seen text from. It wasn't supporting a mod's decision, that wouldn't have needed a thread. I'm fairly certain I've seen people imploring mods to perma ban the ino guy for a while because they didn't like him, and that thread was basking in what he felt like was a glorious victory. I'd call that malicious. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe that's not what he had in mind when creating the thread, maybe Balmung can clear it up for me; instead of saying, "You're not intelligent," and not giving me any basis for that theory.
Looks to me as if showing approval in an over-due just punishment being delivered makes one malicious according to you. Since the four posts above yours in that thread can be summed up with a "About time" or "She got what she deserved." It's not like anyone was saying that they hated the bastard or anything. And it's also not like Ino could see that thread, so it's not nearly as bad as saying mean shit to someone who can actually receive it. Not that it even fucking matters, all I'm saying is that you tried calling people for being malicious when you're obviously no better, as shown above.


Quote:
Find me another forum with as many members as the two I provided. Ninja said something about I was basing my statement like so because I likely came from a much smaller forum community with a closer member/mod ratio. A dozen mods compared to 45k members is hardly a close member/mod ratio. I know of plenty of other forums with just as strict mods, but, the two I named have vastly larger populace then NL, but the same amount of forum staff. Thus I figured it would make the most impact.
I don't recall saying anything about the number of forum members, or shit like that (But I'll answer your question just because I can:4chan, and it's much more lenient). I'm calling you on something totally fucking different then what 48 is. And when you say "Most lenient forum ever" when your basing that statement around a sample size of fucking two out of the thousands of forums out there, you're not being very convincing...or smart.


Quote:
I don't think anything I said was silly. Maybe I didn't provide enough immediate footing for my comment, but in no way do I find it silly. I wasn't trying to back out of anything. I was trying to avoid getting into anything in the first place. Here is one of my favorite phrases I like to apply to my forum-going: "Arguing on the internet is like winning the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarded."
Of course you don't, then again you're obviously not very knowledgeable about simple concepts like sampling when dealing with statistics or how to not make baseless statements that you can't back up. So, really, what you think doesn't amount to much.

Know how most people don't get into things in the first place? By not saying dumb things. Maybe you could give that one a shot sometime, eh? ; )

And that old ass phrase is beyond stupid, by the way. After all, we'd be saying the same things if we were face to face most likely. It'd be the same argument no matter the median it is done in. Also, notice how the only people who would ever present such a phrase are always either the one losing the argument or lack the wit and intelligence to present an actual argument in the first place? Just something to think about, I know I wouldn't every say that overused crap phrase. Ever.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.