Tweaking of the Flamming rules. - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Main Lounge > Announcements

Announcements News & updates regarding the forum will be posted here.

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 12:18 AM   #16
Shino
I'm so happy because today I found my friends- they're in my head

Shino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tweaking of the Flamming rules.

Well if Kites wasnt a douche bag, it would have been avoided all together.

Sadly, you have no chance of changing my mind on this matter. The reason is its all just a matter of personal opinion, and in my case, its damn near impossible to change my own opinion about something. Seeing as how there is no clear right and wrong way on how to run a forum, they are ran based on what the person(s) in charge thinks best (its worked for 3 years, so "why fix something if its not broke").

I compromised and made these new additions, I'm not compromising further. You either take this or nothing at all.

Gamertag: ShinoNC

Old 11-20-2007, 12:44 AM   #17
Miburo

Heh, I wish you would have pulled the "I'm not going to listen no matter what" card sooner. Could've saved us both some typing. XD

I don't care either way, it's not like I need to resort to flaming people to get my point across anyway. Seriously was just trying to help out. You're the boss though.

Old 11-20-2007, 12:56 AM   #18
Shino

Shino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no, dont confuse "not wanting to hear what you have to say" with what I said. You can continue to argue your point if you wish, its just not going to change my opinion.

Old 11-20-2007, 04:02 AM   #19
MrPwnzerz
ANBU

MrPwnzerz will become famous soon enoughMrPwnzerz will become famous soon enoughMrPwnzerz will become famous soon enough

Miburo, just because someone doesn't necessarily care enough to get someone banned or take offense to something someone said over the internet doesn't mean it was okay to be said.

Edit: On a more rule abiding note, so all this really accomplishes is giving idiots more chances before getting banned? It seems like this is just a way to appease the flamers by giving them the oppurtunity to lessen the flame a little.

Last edited by MrPwnzerz; 11-20-2007 at 04:10 AM.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:20 AM   #20
Miburo

@Shino-I know, which is why I didn't say what you quoted. Protip: there's more than one definition of "listen." ; )

@Mrgotpwnzers- No harm, no foul. Why would it not be okay if all parties involved are totally okay with it? Besides, what I suggested is just a non-ass-backwards version of the policy we have now anyway. So what you're saying applies to the current policy of 'if they're not offended, the infraction gets reversed' as well. So you're also saying that the current policy isn't right, which doesn't fit with your 'pro-whatever the mods say' style. You sure you don't want to rethink that? XD

Old 11-20-2007, 03:02 PM   #21
Shino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
@Shino-I know, which is why I didn't say what you quoted. Protip: there's more than one definition of "listen." ; )
Really, so thats what that was, because to me it sure looked like someone being sore over not getting what they wanted...but hey to each their own I suppose.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:07 AM   #22
Miburo

Nah, like I said in my first post in the original thread dealing with all this, I couldn't care less. It's not like I've ever had problems with flaming people, I can articulate my point without actually ever calling someone a name. So I don't know where you're getting that shit from.

Besides, it's not like you going "I tried to make an argument against your suggestion and failed hard, so I'm going to fall back on the fact that I'm the boss and I'll do what I want" is going to make me feel bad or dumb or anything. I just lol'd. You're not going to upset me, chief. ; )

In b4 you think that since I made a jesting remark that I'm somehow butthurt, despite the fact that a lot of my posts are facetious, bantering, or taunting in nature. Don't flatter yourself. XD

Old 11-21-2007, 12:17 AM   #23
Shino

I dont need to. Anyways, since you should have recieved a few spam infractions for the last couple posts, but since I felt that if it wasn't for my posts and you needing to have the last word in things, that you wouldn't have made those posts otherwise. So your good. Also not to mention that it seems if anyone else was going to ask a question, they would have done so by now. So I'm going to close this up.

Closed Thread