Pen Name - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

View Poll Results: Which last name?
Ro 1 14.29%
Roe 2 28.57%
Rowe 4 57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2007, 11:35 AM   #1
Lily229
Jounin

Lily229 has a spectacular aura aboutLily229 has a spectacular aura aboutLily229 has a spectacular aura aboutLily229 has a spectacular aura aboutLily229 has a spectacular aura about
Pen Name

Hey guys, wasn't sure if this goes in the spam zone or gaming since it has do with gaming but just in case, just did it here.

So anyways, I need some help again on the game. I still haven't decided whether or not I'm going to follow the psychology path and just make writing my hobby or completely push psychology aside but in case I do go down the first path I want to be taken seriously in both fields. So I've decided to write under a pen name.

I was thinking Lily Reaper which is the name I use on pratically everything that isn't facebook or real life things, but then I thought that if I do do NLA then I can't make the main character be named after myself and that would throw everything off so that's out.

I decided on Rebecca. But the last name and how I spell it is the real question I'm asking you. Up there are the choices and as people who I grew up with and who are pratically family to me, I felt that your opinion really matters to me so I'm hoping you guys will help me choose. Above are the choices, please pick and I'll stick with the winner.

Thanks guys!

~Brittany (aka Lily)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNinja
*sighs* Horny nee-san. -_-
Horny, pervy nee-san. -_-
*sighs* Oh wow nee-san. -_-
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sakura*
lily- =___='''''''''''''''''''''
*points* from my Nii-chan to me ^^ and don't forget *Sakura*

I'm in college now ^^
Lily229 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-27-2007, 11:37 AM   #2
*Sakura*
fuckin' hawt

*Sakura* has much to be proud of*Sakura* has much to be proud of*Sakura* has much to be proud of*Sakura* has much to be proud of*Sakura* has much to be proud of*Sakura* has much to be proud of*Sakura* has much to be proud of*Sakura* has much to be proud of*Sakura* has much to be proud of*Sakura* has much to be proud of*Sakura* has much to be proud of
Re: Pen Name

use mimi lol
*Sakura* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:38 AM   #3
dEcCrIx
Snake Eyes Yeah!

dEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to behold

combine writing and psychology?
Akatsuki FC
Death Note FC
Fighting Game FC
dEcCrIx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:39 AM   #4
*Sakura*
fuckin' hawt

*Sakura* has much to be proud of*Sakura* has much to be proud of*Sakura* has much to be proud of*Sakura* has much to be proud of*Sakura* has much to be proud of*Sakura* has much to be proud of*Sakura* has much to be proud of*Sakura* has much to be proud of*Sakura* has much to be proud of*Sakura* has much to be proud of*Sakura* has much to be proud of

can't think of any anymore x[
*Sakura* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:45 AM   #5
doubleself
Combat Photographer

doubleself has a spectacular aura aboutdoubleself has a spectacular aura aboutdoubleself has a spectacular aura aboutdoubleself has a spectacular aura aboutdoubleself has a spectacular aura about

Marath Mayzulin
Old 11-27-2007, 11:55 AM   #6
dEcCrIx
Snake Eyes Yeah!

dEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to behold

@Lily - ur not a child actress... ^^

how about Elly for a pen name?
Akatsuki FC
Death Note FC
Fighting Game FC
Old 11-27-2007, 12:04 PM   #7
drunk_sea_monkey
S-Ranked Shinobi

drunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant future

Rowe =]
blahblah The above message was too short...
Old 11-27-2007, 12:07 PM   #8
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all

You'd be surprised at how little a pen name actually matters. Exactly what do you plan on publishing as an author and as a psychologist? Normally the requirement for a pen has to do with putting out something that would get you in hot water... But in all honesty, it doesn't really matter all that much anymore. Publishing companies are notorious douchebags and if someone wanted to, they easily could find out what your real name is just by asking. Trust me on that much.

If you're writing for the internet, then there's actually a much greater need for a pen. Basically anywhere you go for a job is going to at least Google your name now.

I suggest doing an anagram of your real name. S'always clever.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:07 PM   #9
dEcCrIx
Snake Eyes Yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily229 View Post
I know that, but it's the same dif!!!

And no, I'm sticking wth Rebecca R...something however you all choose to spell it

Yeah maybe I should have made it clearer, this isn't a thread to give me suggestions on names just help me pick the spelling -_-; geex Dec *hits with bat*
aww o.o;

the thing is... when a writer is starting, he/she makes a name for him/herself... so do ur thing w/o care of wat others may think...

still i want Elly ^^
Akatsuki FC
Death Note FC
Fighting Game FC

Last edited by dEcCrIx; 11-27-2007 at 12:08 PM.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:14 PM   #10
drunk_sea_monkey
S-Ranked Shinobi

drunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant future

where you mix it up
like my name would be
kay = yak

since it can't go any other way..

urname with one 't'
lol@ first one
Bi Entry
Bin Tyre
Bin Trey
Nib Tyre
Nib Trey
By Nitre
By Inter
By Inert
By Niter
Be In Try
Bi En Try
By Rent I
By Tern I
By Re Nit
By Re Tin

two T's

Bit Entry
Be Nit Try
Be Tin Try
Bent I Try
Bet In Try
Bi Net Try
Bi Ten Try
Bit En Try
By Rent It
By Rent Ti
By Tern It
By Tern Ti
By Re Tint
Old 11-27-2007, 12:25 PM   #11
drunk_sea_monkey
S-Ranked Shinobi

no not backwards x_x just mixing up the letters to make other words.
personally i think B.Rivvers sounds pretty hardcore.
or B.Riverrs
BriRiver.
B.Riverz

lawl

your name's fun =D
Old 11-27-2007, 12:28 PM   #12
dEcCrIx
Snake Eyes Yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily229 View Post
AH TO MANY WORDS! @_@.

Oh well I just don't want to take the chance of making it big then wanting to do a psychology career and my paitents freaking out 'OMFG YOU'RE THE ONE WHO CREATED *insert name here because of legal reasons at the current moment*"

*whispers* I don't know what an anagram is o.o;
u hav to get used to it... >.>

anagram - my username >.> w/ x
Akatsuki FC
Death Note FC
Fighting Game FC
Old 11-27-2007, 12:29 PM   #13
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all

Oh. So you want to be a psychologist that takes care of patients? Well then don't worry about a pen name. Unless you literally become the next J.K. Rowling, there will be no problem. ...And even then, that would help your psych career. Remember, patients come to YOU for help and to talk about their lives and their problems. If they get star struck and can't just treat you like a professional, then that isn't your problem... And it's also unlikely. If they do the whole "OMG YOU WRITE TEH NOVELS!" then so long as you treat them like you're supposed to.

Hell, I've taken acting workshops and sessions with really impressive actors (Ian McKellen, for instance) and the novelty shock wears off really quickly.

Don't worry about it.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote