Proof that god does not exist. - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Old 12-02-2007, 06:39 PM   #1
Beikoku Rikujin
Genin

Beikoku Rikujin is an unknown quantity at this point
Proof that god does not exist.

Proof 1: If God were omnipotent, he would be able to create fire without combusting flammable gas. But the laws of physics say that fire cannot exist without a source. If God were omnipotent, he would be able to make an atom not move at all but still have a temperature above absolute zero. The laws of physics say this is impossible, therefore, God cannot do that. The laws of math say that four is divisable by two. If God were omnipotent, he'd be able to change that. But it is impossible to change a number from being even to odd without changing the value of the number. Also, you cannot be drinking and not be drinking at the same time. Not even God can do that. Therefore, God is not omnipotent. Therefore, God does not exist.

Proof 2: The story of Jesus has overwhelming similarities to the story of Horus from Egyptian mythology. If you read the book titled "The Jesus papers", you will see incontrovertable proof that Jesus was rescued from the cross and was still alive in 40 AD. It is likely that afterwards, those who rescued him forged the gospels to create a false religion based on the story of Horus.

Proof 3: Spirits cannot exist due to the following law of physics:

All things are composed of matter or energy. If something is not matter or energy, it is an empty space in the universe. Spirits are supposed to be made of neither matter or energy. Therefore they defy the laws of physics. If something defies the laws of physics, it is impossible. If something is impossible, it cannot exist.

Old 12-02-2007, 06:42 PM   #2
Shoot To Death
Missing-Nin

Shoot To Death is on a distinguished roadShoot To Death is on a distinguished road
Re: Proof that god does not exist.

You can take those laws of physics and shove them down the scientists throat god exists that's just how it is.
Shoot To Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 06:55 PM   #3
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold

God cannot be proven or disproven.

I don't feel like countering every post you made, I'll come back to this when I'm in the mood.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 07:26 PM   #4
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Proof 1: If God were omnipotent, he would be able to create fire without combusting flammable gas. But the laws of physics say that fire cannot exist without a source. If God were omnipotent, he would be able to make an atom not move at all but still have a temperature above absolute zero. The laws of physics say this is impossible, therefore, God cannot do that. The laws of math say that four is divisable by two. If God were omnipotent, he'd be able to change that. But it is impossible to change a number from being even to odd without changing the value of the number. Also, you cannot be drinking and not be drinking at the same time. Not even God can do that. Therefore, God is not omnipotent. Therefore, God does not exist.
How do you know God cannot do these things? First of all you have to think above the laws of physics. If God created these laws then does he not have the ability to brake them, whether or not we understand how? Second of all I can make 4 not divisible by 2, it would just take a lot of self-reflection time. Reality is in your brain.

Quote:
Proof 2: The story of Jesus has overwhelming similarities to the story of Horus from Egyptian mythology. If you read the book titled "The Jesus papers", you will see incontrovertable proof that Jesus was rescued from the cross and was still alive in 40 AD. It is likely that afterwards, those who rescued him forged the gospels to create a false religion based on the story of Horus.
This is not proof. This is a terrible assumption.

Quote:

All things are composed of matter or energy. If something is not matter or energy, it is an empty space in the universe. Spirits are supposed to be made of neither matter or energy. Therefore they defy the laws of physics. If something defies the laws of physics, it is impossible. If something is impossible, it cannot exist.
You do know that the laws of physics aren't really proven to work everywhere? In fact they aren't even proven to work every time here on earth.

Again, as said above, God cannot be proven nor disproven.

- Heraclitus
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 07:27 PM   #5
dirk667
Claymore Addict

dirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beikoku Rikujin View Post
Proof 1: If God were omnipotent, he would be able to create fire without combusting flammable gas. But the laws of physics say that fire cannot exist without a source.
He can. you've never heard of the fire coming from heaven and devouring the alter that was soaked in water? its not that he cant do this stuff, he can, and has. how do you think it came to be? its that our minds are incapable of grasping the idea, therefore there are laws of science. something we made up, god can do whatever he wants, whenever he wants to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
I give up, dirk beats in all forms of life
Owner of:

Co-Owner of:
Uchiha Itachi FC
New Uchiha Sasuke FC
Member of:
War of the Sharingan FC
New Jirayia FC
I LOVE UCHIHA CLAN
dirk667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 07:29 PM   #6
LonelyNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoot To Death View Post
You can take those laws of physics and shove them down the scientists throat god exists that's just how it is.
People are free to believe whatever they want. That includes believing that there are no gods/is no god. You can say, "God exists. Pray to Him and He may spare your soul." but I can respond with, "God does not exist. Get out of the churches and do something productive with your life." Either way there is going to be at least one person that is not going to believe you or me, or that there is going to be at least one person that does believe us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beikoku Rikujin View Post

Proof 2: The story of Jesus has overwhelming similarities to the story of Horus from Egyptian mythology. If you read the book titled "The Jesus papers", you will see incontrovertible proof that Jesus was rescued from the cross and was still alive in 40 AD. It is likely that afterwards, those who rescued him forged the gospels to create a false religion based on the story of Horus.

While I'm not a Christian, I'll think of ways to counter your proof.

Counter-point 1: Yes, the laws of physics restrict people on the planet that we know of, but God doesn't live or exist on the planet. He's in Heaven. Also, ever think that God set up the rules for only inhabitants of Earth to follow? He is all powerful, after all.

I'm not gonna counter proof two because I'm well aware of the fact that people can write whatever they want, credit it to whomever they want, and then publish it and people will believe it or deny it. Also, I know nothing when it comes to the Jesus Papers or the story of Horus.

Counter-point 3: Spirits aren't bound by physical bodies, so they would not be restricted by physics. See, "physic" is in "physical." Things that we perceive as physical are bound by the laws of physics, but anything non-physical would not be bound by physics.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:30 PM   #7
Shoot To Death
Missing-Nin

Shoot To Death is on a distinguished roadShoot To Death is on a distinguished road

go can do all the things you said and you have no proof that laws of physics are crap god cando anything he wants go ask your physics how the world was created or how the adam and eve were alive and who created them please don't say monkeys because thats bullshit.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:31 PM   #8
AnticitizenOne
The One Free Man

AnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to all

How in hell do we even have proof that god has TRIED to do these things? You have no proof, cannot prove that god exists. Atheism is fine with me but if you're trying to convert christians who believe in god to it, you'd best crawl under a rock for all the posative response you're ever going to get.

Wait a minute, because a book says it Jesus was never dead. There's NOBODY ALIVE TODAY that was there. So how in hell do you know unless you're claiming YOURSELF as all powerful.

Just because we haven't seen something, is no proof htat it does not exist. I have heard tales of ghosts and some people have believed that spirits haunted them in life. Although these people were ridiculed as insane, sightings continue. There is no proof that they are neither matter nor energy because nobody has been able to theoretically "study" them.

Last edited by AnticitizenOne; 12-02-2007 at 07:41 PM.
AnticitizenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 07:32 PM   #9
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
go can do all the things you said and you have no proof that laws of physics are crap god cando anything he wants go ask your physics how the world was created or how the adam and eve were alive and who created them please don't say monkeys because thats bullshit.
Monkey's didn't create them, but I still can't see how some humans could not have come from monkeys. Adam and Eve didn't because God described how he created them, but who did Cain and Abel marry? Something could have gone on there. IDK anyways, it is just a theory so I can't believe in it.

- Heraclitus
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 07:36 PM   #10
Shoot To Death
Missing-Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckboy View Post
Monkey's didn't create them, but I still can't see how some humans could not have come from monkeys. Adam and Eve didn't because God described how he created them, but who did Cain and Abel marry? Something could have gone on there. IDK anyways, it is just a theory so I can't believe in it.
Lol im jewish and learned about these things however i forgot most of them i was little when i was in a private skool jewish so i am not sure.

I do remember however that one of noah's sons had doubts in god i don't know from what and for his punishment he became like very dark skined and what goes on to say is that african americans came from early generation of of one of naoh's sons.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:38 PM   #11
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all

All in all, you're trying to subject Religion to Science's rule... They're two completely different things. Philosophy != Science and what you're doing is just plain silly.

Also, you're trying to disprove the Christian God, right? Again, you're going to run into quite a bit of trouble there. Stories repeat themselves a number of times. Does that mean that they are based on one another? Hell no. Ever heard about history repeating itself? And instead of telling us to go read some book that, if I spent a few minutes on Google shows that there are a number of people poking holes in it / proving it is full of shit, why don't YOU explain it for us? ...But even so, how does this disprove God's existence? You're trying to disprove Jesus.

Spirits easily could exist due to the laws of physics. Again, how does this disprove God?
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 07:39 PM   #12
LonelyNinja

Quote:
The Earth was created by space debris colliding with each other and forming a rough sphere. Now, the argument here would be, "But if all of that clumped together, why are we not some deformed blob?" Well, the pre-planet blob was in orbit around our sun, which was a newly formed star. The excess star matter is what swirled around our solar system and started to make the other pre-planets. As our pre-planet spun around, things evened out. It's much like rough rocks at the bottom of the ocean. At some point in time those rocks were bigger and rougher, but from the repeated motion of the ocean going over them they shrank and smoothed over. That's how the Earth was able to get its shape. Yes, physics played a role in the Earth's creation, including the material flying through space due to gravity and the explosion from the star.

As for Adam and Eve, is there any proof that they existed in Eden? Not that I've heard of. However, I have heard of a wonderful theory called "evolution" and "natural selection." Contrary to what many people believe, evolution does not mean that people evolved from monkeys. No, that's now how it happened. Humans evolved from a primitive primate that shares the same ancestry as modern apes, monkeys, etc. That doesn't mean we evolved from monkeys. In fact, one way to put it is that we evolved alongside monkeys for an extended period of time, but because of natural selection we evolved "faster" than they did. Another possibility is that monkeys didn't need to change, unlike humans. If you introduced a group of primates, all of the same species, in a new habitat, they would either adapt or die. That's natural selection. That explains how humans came to be, or at least that's the explanation I find more believable.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:40 PM   #13
darkangel0608
Genin

darkangel0608 is just really nicedarkangel0608 is just really nicedarkangel0608 is just really nicedarkangel0608 is just really nicedarkangel0608 is just really nicedarkangel0608 is just really nicedarkangel0608 is just really nicedarkangel0608 is just really nice

all that we have known until now to be true can change in the future... change is constant. we may not have all the answers now. but one thing is for sure, all will unfold when the time comes.

Brought To You By:
Mangekyou Sharingan™ - You'll Kill Your Bestfriend For It!
Sexy No Jutsu™ - The Technique The Third Couldn't Beat
Icha Icha Tactics™ - The Next Perverted Book
Cheat Codes™ - admit it, you use us!
Harem No Jutsu™ - The REAL reason why people like Naruto! and
Kyuubi™ -Killing Shinobis Since Before You Were Born

I want my memory, my existence to remain. Unlike an intron of history, I will be remembered as an exon. That will be my legacy, my mark on history.
darkangel0608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 07:42 PM   #14
Shoot To Death
Missing-Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNinja View Post
The Earth was created by space debris colliding with each other and forming a rough sphere. Now, the argument here would be, "But if all of that clumped together, why are we not some deformed blob?" Well, the pre-planet blob was in orbit around our sun, which was a newly formed star. The excess star matter is what swirled around our solar system and started to make the other pre-planets. As our pre-planet spun around, things evened out. It's much like rough rocks at the bottom of the ocean. At some point in time those rocks were bigger and rougher, but from the repeated motion of the ocean going over them they shrank and smoothed over. That's how the Earth was able to get its shape. Yes, physics played a role in the Earth's creation, including the material flying through space due to gravity and the explosion from the star.

As for Adam and Eve, is there any proof that they existed in Eden? Not that I've heard of. However, I have heard of a wonderful theory called "evolution" and "natural selection." Contrary to what many people believe, evolution does not mean that people evolved from monkeys. No, that's now how it happened. Humans evolved from a primitive primate that shares the same ancestry as modern apes, monkeys, etc. That doesn't mean we evolved from monkeys. In fact, one way to put it is that we evolved alongside monkeys for an extended period of time, but because of natural selection we evolved "faster" than they did. Another possibility is that monkeys didn't need to change, unlike humans. If you introduced a group of primates, all of the same species, in a new habitat, they would either adapt or die. That's natural selection. That explains how humans came to be, or at least that's the explanation I find more believable.

yeah that whole thing with earth being created by space particals bs i don't believe it i believe god created the world how would you describe the plaques that took place in egypt when the jewish ppl were enslaved huh another reatrted theory from soem half assed scientist.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:51 PM   #15
LonelyNinja

Quote:
yeah that whole thing with earth being created by space particals bs i don't believe it i believe god created the world how would you describe the plaques that took place in egypt when the jewish ppl were enslaved huh another reatrted theory from soem half assed scientist.
And I think that the plagues and the like were all a load of bullshit. It's all about a person's beliefs. I believe that the universe was created by the Big Bang, I believe that our solar system was created in the way that I described, and I believe that humans evolved in the manner that I described. You believe in your religion, and that's your right to do so.

Also, didn't the plagues kick in when the Jews tried to leave and the pharaoh said, "Fuck off and get back to work," and not when the Jews were actually enslaved? Also, why do you call theories you don't believe in retarded and the scientists who came up with them half-assed? Alright, I can play that came: All religions are retarded because people follow them blindly and will do anything if the figurehead (pope, rabbi, etc.) tells them to. The authors of the Torah, Koran, and the Bible are all half-assed morons because anyone can write what they want on a piece of paper, not what is true.