The Official 2008 Presidential Election Thread - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 05:29 AM   #31
WarhammerS
Chuunin

WarhammerS is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The Official 2008 Presidential Election Thread

im in aus i only know what ive seen on the news but i dont get this election.

are you voting between hillary and obama to replace bush? if so why isnt bush campaining?

Old 01-04-2008, 06:38 AM   #32
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarhammerS View Post
im in aus i only know what ive seen on the news but i dont get this election.

are you voting between hillary and obama to replace bush? if so why isnt bush campaining?
Because he can't, he can only do 2 terms in office (4 years each) then he's OUT!!... Yeah.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:30 AM   #33
Sharingan Lord
I'm done. Byeeee.

Sharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud of

So Obama won Iowa? I thought that Edwards was winning last morning. Wow, he really jumped in a couple of hours. It was probably the younger generation of people who voted for him, though.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:49 PM   #34
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all

Obama's a pretty good guy. I wouldn't mind if he or Edwards won the Democratic nomination... Mostly because I think that Hillary is a Republican in Dem clothing.

Goddammit, Huckabee won Iowa. Thank God he is failing in New Hampshire.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
Old 01-04-2008, 02:29 PM   #35
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Obama wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok first Hilary. His husband is a good president. Seriously. He didn't start any goddamn war. Nice.

Ok for Hilary she said "My Vice President will never shoot anybody in the face."

and personally I don't like her.

Ok for Barack Obama,he seems nice, and nice point of view. I think.

And I do hope these two won't start any goddamn war.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

Last edited by kluang; 01-04-2008 at 02:32 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:42 PM   #36
Hiraku
Puppet Master

Hiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of light

as long as its not hilary or obama that win the presidency or ron paul we should be okay hopefully edwards wins the election.

The Look of Innocence
Old 01-04-2008, 07:51 PM   #37
ApatheticDimwit
ಠ_ಠ

ApatheticDimwit is infamous around these partsApatheticDimwit is infamous around these partsApatheticDimwit is infamous around these partsApatheticDimwit is infamous around these partsApatheticDimwit is infamous around these partsApatheticDimwit is infamous around these parts

America is too racist to elect a black man and too sexist to elect a woman. Go edwards >.>
Old 01-04-2008, 11:46 PM   #38
Hiraku
Puppet Master

Hiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of light

i guess you hit the nail in the head huh. not its better to choose the one that would pease the masses such in the case of edwards. He has the support of al gore. He should be running for the presidency and i bet he would will the democratic ticket without even trying. Hillary is to much of synical person to be president and frankly she is to much lacking in crediability.

And obama is to young to be president and he would not be taken that seriously by the republicans at all so its mostly a popularity contest right now.

But who knows who ends up as president maybe obama or clinton or it could paul romney its all a chance of luck at this point.

The Look of Innocence
Old 01-08-2008, 04:16 PM   #39
4EvEr-Kazekage
Chuunin

4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice

I just hope we get a President that'll bring our boys back from Iraq xD

Obama said he plans to withdraw troops from Iraq starting around May(this year i think)
and leaving a few behind to train Iraqi forces,i think that sounds like a good idea.

But Hilary is like *bleh*...

But i'm still curious to see who'll become our next President

(\_/)
('__')
(> <)
Old 01-12-2008, 01:40 AM   #40
sesshoumaru hyuuga
Genin

sesshoumaru hyuuga is an unknown quantity at this point

i am not impresses with any of the candidates so far. i think none of them meet the criteria of what a good president should be like. it is sad that i am going to vote for the less bad.

Old 01-12-2008, 11:02 AM   #41
Tookaipai
Azalea Jacques

Tookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to all

@Hiraku- I think you merged Ron Paul and Mitt Romney

Obama fails, he talks about huge changes for the government yet he doesnt give any explanations as to how he's going to make these changes, and personnaly, I think he is a little too inexperienced to be leading a country...

Hilary fails even worse. Any person who would cry on National Television should not be the leader of our country. Besides I lost all respect for her a long time ago when she stayed with Clinton just to avoid another scandal...

Huckabee- Typical pro-life, pro-church, right wing nut job... He shouldnt even be in the election.

Ron Paul- Just a modern day Howard Dean, Byah!

Gulianni- I really like alot of Gulianni's views, however I am uncomfortable with how much hes playing the 9/11 card...

Thompson- For me its a toss-up between him and Gulianni. I like his issues, he's as quick as a whip and I think that he would do great as a president.

John Edwards- I dont have much against him, other than the fact that Im republican and he's democrat so I dont agree with easy to get welfare checks.

Last edited by Tookaipai; 01-12-2008 at 11:03 AM.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:04 PM   #42
Minamoto4444
Genin

Minamoto4444 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im pretty much with tookipai, I really dont see why so many people like Obama, Hes way to inexperienced and if were ever faced with a REAL threat I really think he'll cave. Huckbee is just creepy, he and his supporters all seem like robots, and hes a bit to far right. Guliani is good, He has experience and the ability to lead. I do like Fred Thomson, but he just dosent know how to run a campain.And Hillary is a clearly not who we need as president.

@DA were did you get the idea hillary is anywere NEAR a republican? she wants Universal health care(which Republicans opose) she wants to end the war(which *most* Republicans opose)and higher taxes(which republicans opose).
Old 01-15-2008, 11:48 AM   #43
Katon707
Chuunin

Katon707 will become famous soon enoughKaton707 will become famous soon enough

Im not even from america but Ron Paul should get the job, a man of true inteligence.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:17 PM   #44
I'MNOTCRAZY
ANBU

I'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enoughI'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enoughI'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAztek View Post
Obama's a pretty good guy. I wouldn't mind if he or Edwards won the Democratic nomination... Mostly because I think that Hillary is a Republican in Dem clothing.

Goddammit, Huckabee won Iowa. Thank God he is failing in New Hampshire.
No. Hilary is a Stalinist in Dem clothing.

Meh, Huckabee doesn't have much of a chance for the nomination.

Ron Paul has the best policies (since he's a Libertarian), but unfortunately he just wouldn't make a very good president. Maybe he should be VP...

want to see what FC's I'm in? click V
Old 01-15-2008, 12:20 PM   #45
Katon707
Chuunin

Katon707 will become famous soon enoughKaton707 will become famous soon enough

i think he would make an awsome president, true to the constitution, true to the people, true to himself, just what a country in as dire a state as america needs.
Closed Thread