The Genius FC - Page 80 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > Fanclub Central > Official Fanclubs

Official Fanclubs View the official fanclubs of the forums and join them if you wish.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:33 AM   #1186
UchihaTaijiya
sublimis ab unda

Thanked 3,311 Times in 1,248 Posts
UchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Genius FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharingan Lord View Post
Uhhh... I don't know how to say it, really. But I'll use Chouji and Sasuke as my examples, I suppose.

I really don't want to say that it's natural-born talent and that the other characters aren't hardworkers, because that isn't true. I would probably guess...that Sasuke was probably able to comprehend material and use it beneficially more easily than Chouji was able to in the academy. I think that being a genius has to do with how fast you learn something and how fast you're able to grasp onto it. Our non-geniuses are really geniuses, but in their own special, hardworking way. I'm not sure...how this works, really. I'm not saying that Chouji is stupid...I'm just saying that...

Geniuses learn faster and are more capable of comprehending instructions than non-geniuses.
Yeah I see what you're saying. I honestly can't remember what I was getting at before. 8D

U_U *pokes fanclub*

Here's a topic... what's your thoughts of Pein?

To be honest I kinda breezed through some parts of his fight with Jiraiya. =X The action in that fight didn't really catch my fancy (summons are cool and stuff but meh, there wasn't enough hardcore taijutsu). And so, since I'm kinda ignorant about his capabilities, does anyone think (besides having a major god complex and the rinnegan *sp?*) is he worthy to be called a genius? Thus far, of course.

And I am dreaming of them on the plains
Dirtying up their beds
Watching for some sign of rain to cool their hot heads

And how dare that you send me that card when I'm doing all that I can do
You are forcing me to remember when all I want is to just forget you

If the tiger shall protect her young then tell me how did you slip by
All my instincts have failed me for once
I must have somehow slept the whole night

And I am dreaming of them with their kill
Tearing it all apart
Blood dripping from their lips and teeth sinking into heart

And how dare that you say you'll call
When you know I need some peace of mind
If you have to take sides with the animals
Won't you do it with one who is kind

And if the hawks in the trees need the dead
If you're living you don't stand a chance
For a time though you share the same bed
There are only two ends to this dance

You can flee with your wounds just in time or lie there as he feeds
Watching yourself ripped to shreds and laughing as you bleed

So for those of you falling in love keep it kind
Keep it good
Keep it right
Throw yourself in the midst of danger but keep one eye open at night

UchihaTaijiya is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2008, 11:06 AM   #1187
MikeyM1979
Hokage

MikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud of

My thoughts on Pain....he doesn't impress me. Though I do now understand how he was able to beat Hanzo. I also don't care for his character.
MikeyM1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:10 AM   #1188
Sharingan Lord
I'm done. Byeeee.

Sharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud of

I agree about the fight. I thought that since it was an Akatsuki vs. Jiraiya, it'd be awesome. But it turned out that both were boring with their summons, Pein's constant "We are Pein", and Jiraiya's attempts to figure out what happened. Plus, Jiraiya's Toad form was...umm, not the prettiest or coolest. Ma and Pa rocked, though.

If it weren't for his Rinnegan and godly abilities, then I would say no, he is not a genius. But if he were younger, and didn't have those abilities, I'd think he'd be an awesome hardworker kind of genius, since all he wanted to do was to protect Konan and Yahiko.
Sharingan Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:15 AM   #1189
MikeyM1979
Hokage

MikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud of

Ma and Pa were the highlights of that fight! XD
MikeyM1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:24 PM   #1190
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold

C'mon, let's bring this back. Much in the way of good discussion came about from the FC.

So, I know Jiraiya has to have ascended--even partially--on everyone's genius list.

I, personally, think he has absurd speed for a person his age. I always thought of him to be the strong, durable, powerhouse type, but he was agile as fuck in his mano-y-emo encounter with Pein.

Kishi just killed off one of the Naruto franshise's greats.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:27 PM   #1191
Anbu-Kakashi
Missing-Nin

Anbu-Kakashi has a spectacular aura aboutAnbu-Kakashi has a spectacular aura aboutAnbu-Kakashi has a spectacular aura aboutAnbu-Kakashi has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyM1979 View Post
My thoughts on Pain....he doesn't impress me. Though I do now understand how he was able to beat Hanzo. I also don't care for his character.
Jiraiya was barely a teenager when he met the kids and fought hanzo pain is perhaps around kakashi's age or perhaps a bit older. Now hanzo was most likely in his mid 30's early 40's lmaoo jiraiya is 52 years old at death kakashi is 29 years old pain let's say is 35 hanzo would be around sarutobi's age at death lmaooooo that answer your question.

pain isn't that great skill wise and strength he admitted to being weaker than jiraiya the secret is what he said saved his ass.
Anbu-Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:48 AM   #1192
Sharingan Lord
I'm done. Byeeee.

Sharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
I, personally, think he has absurd speed for a person his age. I always thought of him to be the strong, durable, powerhouse type, but he was agile as fuck in his mano-y-emo encounter with Pein.
Jiraiya rocked in this arc. I didn't pay attention to his speed, but his strategies and power were awesome. (Ultimate Rasengan - boy, wasn't that great!)

Okay, I'm done.
Sharingan Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:58 AM   #1193
Nexus
Susano'o Legend

Nexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
C'mon, let's bring this back. Much in the way of good discussion came about from the FC.

So, I know Jiraiya has to have ascended--even partially--on everyone's genius list.

Kishi just killed off one of the Naruto franshise's greats.
With everything that you've stated, Jiraiya's still not a genius (and never will be). He had to work hard for all the things that he knows as it didn't come easy for him. So, at the least, he's not on my genius' list.

[
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 01:13 AM   #1194
shahbayu
The Legendary Sannin

shahbayu is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Mikey...Can I join?

FC's

shahbayu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:14 PM   #1195
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,848 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahbayu View Post
Hey Mikey...Can I join?
Yes you can.
Mikey will add you to the list when he is able to.
Welcome =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaTaijiya View Post
U_U *pokes fanclub*

To be honest I kinda breezed through some parts of his fight with Jiraiya. =X The action in that fight didn't really catch my fancy (summons are cool and stuff but meh, there wasn't enough hardcore taijutsu). And so, since I'm kinda ignorant about his capabilities, does anyone think (besides having a major god complex and the rinnegan *sp?*) is he worthy to be called a genius? Thus far, of course.
After being majorly disappointed in the Hidan and Kakuzu battle and the end of their possibilities of being a whoel characters, I had very, very high hopes for AL and BH.

Pein/Pain is probably Kishimoto's biggest failure as a character, especially for me, being such a hardcore Akatsuki fan and all. From his half assed status of being the Akatsuki-leader-who's-actually-not-really-the-leader to his stupid powers, not to mention the incredibly lame backstory that feels like something Kishi made up on the spot and was shoehorned at the last second, the whole character feels absolutely pointless and a waste of panel space.

He was supposed to be the all powerful Akatsuki leader, the big bad guy, the main villain. He's actually just some lackey with a run of the mill god complex and no individuality whatsoever. Terrible, terrible writing from Kishimoto.

Actually, all that shit about collecting Jinchuuriki sounds like a load of bull now. A nuclear bomb? What the hell, Kishi, what the hell?

And the Rin'negan...yes, supposedly the all powerful eye. When I heard it's origin, I felt sick. It would be better if it was just a powerful bloodline, like the Byakugan and what Sharingan was in Part I. Not some uber-pwnage eye that destroys the world and shit.

And finally, we come to the thing I was disgusted to see-the prophecy...
Holy shit, from a "Hard work can surpass a genius." and Naruto defeating Neji who believed in destiny, to a prophecy where Naruto is actually the "destined child". Really sounds like Kishi made that up on the spot. And miserably failed to make it go along his morals in the manga.

Sigh.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 06:20 PM   #1196
kidmac1
Benny Blanco

kidmac1 has a spectacular aura aboutkidmac1 has a spectacular aura aboutkidmac1 has a spectacular aura aboutkidmac1 has a spectacular aura about

Is been awhile *sings*

Is Pain being considered for genius-ship?

Can't get that song out of my head........

Member of:
kidmac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 06:23 PM   #1197
I'MNOTCRAZY
ANBU

I'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enoughI'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enoughI'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enough

I dunno if he should be considered a genius. We don't really know whose plan Atasuki's plan was, but Pein DID develop the jutsu that lets them take over someone's body as their own so they can be in more than one place at once without using a simple shadow clone. Highly effective for what they were doing.

want to see what FC's I'm in? click V
I'MNOTCRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 06:24 PM   #1198
Nexus
Susano'o Legend

Nexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaTaijiya View Post

Imo, Pain's a genius as he learned six different natures (one would take a lifetime to master) in three years, asborb other people ninjutsus, and he can summon animals with no problems whatsoever.

[
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 06:24 PM   #1199
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,848 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

Pain sure is genius. 6 elements. All at the age of 10.

Too bad he is shit, so I don't consider him really developed character.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 06:28 PM   #1200
I'MNOTCRAZY
ANBU

I'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enoughI'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enoughI'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enough

but we don't know if the bodies being specialized like that was because the people who originally had those bodies could do those things, or if it was Pein just being a genius. If his only thing that made him be able to do those things was because he could take over their bodies using his Rin'negan, then I really don't think that those techniques should count towards him being a genius.

meh, but really, if learning 6 types of manipulations is normal for someone with the Rin'negan, then I really don't, again, think it should count.

want to see what FC's I'm in? click V

Last edited by I'MNOTCRAZY; 01-09-2008 at 06:37 PM.
I'MNOTCRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote