The Official Music Talk Discussion v.1 [see first post] - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Music Talk

Music Talk Discuss about your favorite songs, battle freestyle, and show off your music videos here!

Old 10-17-2007, 07:18 PM   #31
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough
Re: The Official Music Talk Discussion v.1 [see first post]

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldscarcrow View Post
Okay sorry that wasnt inovated..I guess your right...BUT WHAT OTHER BAND HAS KEPT A GENERE ALIVE?!
I don't really think it matters. Popularity has nothing to do with how good a musician is.

- Heraclitus
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-2007, 07:25 PM   #32
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Okay sorry that wasnt inovated..I guess your right...BUT WHAT OTHER BAND HAS KEPT A GENERE ALIVE?!
Generally, all artists who stick with a genre are keeping it alive.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:07 AM   #33
fieldscarcrow
Missing-Nin

fieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckboy View Post
I don't really think it matters. Popularity has nothing to do with how good a musician is.
Dim bag was pretty good >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja48 View Post
Generally, all artists who stick with a genre are keeping it alive.
When pantera was keeping metal alive, everyone was orgasming over grundge (or something)
fieldscarcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:14 PM   #34
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Dim bag was pretty good >_>
That is one member. Plus dimebag was just technical. He didn't really innovate much.

Quote:
When pantera was keeping metal alive, everyone was orgasming over grundge (or something)
Yeah, but you had the Stoner Metal movement rise up about then too and people payed attention to that. Grunge just overshadowed it, but who cares? Again, I don't care how popular a band is, a band is good if they are either technical or original.

- Heraclitus
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:33 PM   #35
Nocturna
Genin

Nocturna is an unknown quantity at this point

How exactly did Pantera keep metal alive? I don't remember a time post '82 where it was dying. Please elaborate.
Nocturna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:37 PM   #36
fieldscarcrow
Missing-Nin

fieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturna View Post
How exactly did Pantera keep metal alive? I don't remember a time post '82 where it was dying. Please elaborate.
Grunge starting taking the main spot light and metal started to be less prodominant.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:35 PM   #37
Nocturna
Genin

What, back in '91? When hair metal was the popular shit? Pantera wasn't a big band back then, they got more popular towards the mid-90s when alternative was floating around, and crap like Oasis was big. When grunge hit, the biggest real metal bands were Metallica, Megadeth and Anthrax. They were the ones keeping real metal alive. Pantera just rode in on their coattails with a different brand of metal from the South. They weren't thrash or speed metal, and even though they started as a hair metal band, they evolved away from that. They were good, but they didn't "keep metal alive" as you said.

Metal never was in trouble. There were dozens of good metal bands still making music and touring during the grunge/alternative wave. Alternative did take the spotlight, but thats because it was more pop and less substance. Just like glam/hair metal was pop before it, and synth/new wave was pop before that. Then Rap and Hip-Hop got huge and stole all of the thunder from Alternative artists.

Metal has always been that kick-ass aggressive music thats been just under the radar, and its better being there. When music gets popular, then all the shitty knock-off bands come out of no where to make a quick buck at its expense. Look at what happened to punk, with the hundreds of pop-punk and emo bands that are clogging the airwaves today. Be proud of all your metal bands, they keep music honest and good, and together, they keep the world turnin.

Proud Member of:
NaruHina FC
Haruno Sakura FC
Old 11-15-2007, 03:12 AM   #38
fieldscarcrow
Missing-Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturna View Post
What, back in '91? When hair metal was the popular shit? Pantera wasn't a big band back then, they got more popular towards the mid-90s when alternative was floating around, and crap like Oasis was big. When grunge hit, the biggest real metal bands were Metallica, Megadeth and Anthrax. They were the ones keeping real metal alive. Pantera just rode in on their coattails with a different brand of metal from the South. They weren't thrash or speed metal, and even though they started as a hair metal band, they evolved away from that. They were good, but they didn't "keep metal alive" as you said.

Metal never was in trouble. There were dozens of good metal bands still making music and touring during the grunge/alternative wave. Alternative did take the spotlight, but thats because it was more pop and less substance. Just like glam/hair metal was pop before it, and synth/new wave was pop before that. Then Rap and Hip-Hop got huge and stole all of the thunder from Alternative artists.

Metal has always been that kick-ass aggressive music thats been just under the radar, and its better being there. When music gets popular, then all the shitty knock-off bands come out of no where to make a quick buck at its expense. Look at what happened to punk, with the hundreds of pop-punk and emo bands that are clogging the airwaves today. Be proud of all your metal bands, they keep music honest and good, and together, they keep the world turnin.
I decided not to read that, and to tell you to watch "The something something of pantera" and I watched another metal documentary that said grunge kinda knocked metal on its ass.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:02 PM   #39
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Thanked 2,470 Times in 1,137 Posts
Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute

Okay dudes and dudettes.

All discussions such as versus, who do you like more, and do you like so-and-so will take place here instead of being created as new threads that tend to get ignored and just pollute the forum space.

Instead, talk about it here.

Also, who has heard of or likes Clint Mansell? D:
Tsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 10:58 PM   #40
Nocturna
Genin

Quote:
I decided not to read that, and to tell you to watch "The something something of pantera" and I watched another metal documentary that said grunge kinda knocked metal on its ass.
LOL, a kid who wasn't even alive when this was happening telling me about the music I was listening to when I was a teen. That's rich. You can watch all the documentaries you want about music, but fact is, I was actively listening to music and going to concerts and trading tapes with people when this was going on. Just because some Pantera fanboy made a film claiming they did all this shit doesn't make it true. Maybe if you did read my response you would have seen the part where I said that all Grunge did was kill hair metal, not Metal in general. Quick example, the same time Grunge was taking off, Metallica released their most successful album ever. You can't save what never died, simple as that.

Proud Member of:
NaruHina FC
Haruno Sakura FC

Last edited by Nocturna; 12-25-2007 at 05:51 AM. Reason: syntax error
Old 01-12-2008, 03:30 PM   #41
lavadranzer
Missing-Nin

lavadranzer is infamous around these partslavadranzer is infamous around these parts

Hmm... Christian stuff is really underrated Relient k rocks the Chrisitian rock scene while KJ-52 really makes the Christian Rap scene cool. I recommend both of them. Relient k's album Five Score and Seven Years Ago is what I most think you should hear and the album mmhmm. KJ-52 has good songs like Napoleon Dynamite, Fivetweezy (funny and aw
lavadranzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:00 PM   #42
Linked
Genin

Linked is an unknown quantity at this point

Metal has never been a mainstay or a fringe genre(after its establishment), so there has never been a time since where metal has been in trouble of becoming extinct.

Christian music... Neal Morse, only because of Spock's Beard.

Progressive anyone?
Linked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 01:42 AM   #43
LonelyNinja

Anyone hear anything from "The Audition?" I just started listening to them from a source, and I think they're pretty good. Anyone else have an opinion?
Old 01-20-2008, 03:07 PM   #44
dEcCrIx
Snake Eyes Yeah!

dEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to behold

wat do u guys think of the Fallout Boys
Akatsuki FC
Death Note FC
Fighting Game FC
dEcCrIx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 03:11 PM   #45
sikfearless0
FALLEN HERO

sikfearless0 is a jewel in the roughsikfearless0 is a jewel in the roughsikfearless0 is a jewel in the roughsikfearless0 is a jewel in the roughsikfearless0 is a jewel in the roughsikfearless0 is a jewel in the rough

Fall out boy is getting pretty old, but there music was good while it lasted, there music to me isn't that good anymore .

^Thanks NarutoFreak Jr. for making me an awesome sig

Proud Member of NaruHina FC

Proud Member of Uzumaki Naruto FC

Proud Member Of TroubleMakers FC

Proud Member Of The Official Leaf Shinobi FC

I'm Gonna Be Higher Then God!-BlackStar
sikfearless0 is offline   Reply With Quote