The Official 2008 Presidential Election Thread - Page 4 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 12:33 PM   #46
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all
Re: The Official 2008 Presidential Election Thread

Quote:
Meh, Huckabee doesn't have much of a chance for the nomination.
That's not what the Bible Belt of America says. If he manages to win SC then he has a REALLY good shot at winning the whole thing. Don't underestimate the power of Evangelical zealotry.

Ron Paul? He's a blatant racist and the oldest person running for President right now. Hell, the guy doesn't want to give ANY aid to Darfur and he didn't even want to give Rosa Parks the Congressional Medal of Bravery (he's the only one who voted against it).
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]

Old 01-15-2008, 12:37 PM   #47
Katon707
Chuunin

Katon707 will become famous soon enoughKaton707 will become famous soon enough

:L a racist, you really dont put alot of thought into what you say...... again i will show you something of interest.

http://www.youtube.com/v/FG2PUZoukfA&rel=1&border=1

yes he is a racist, but black people seem to like him....they must be missing something haha

Last edited by Katon707; 01-15-2008 at 12:39 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:22 PM   #48
Mashed Potato
sunshine and biscuits

Mashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katon707 View Post
yes he is a racist, but black people seem to like him....they must be missing something haha
There's always a chance that those said black people didn't hear his racist comments..

Ron Paul is racist? This is news to me... provide links~!

Ron Paul does not believe in evolution :x Granted his views on human origins have no impact on his economic policies, but something just urks me about electing a president that doesn't believe in the theory of natural selection. x_x

Last edited by Mashed Potato; 01-15-2008 at 01:25 PM. Reason: +_+
Old 01-15-2008, 01:26 PM   #49
Katon707
Chuunin

Katon707 will become famous soon enoughKaton707 will become famous soon enough

hm... i spose, maybe i was jut looking for some1 that is the total oposite of bush....and i dont mean shaven j/k but i still think he's got the best views, i mean the founding fathers of america fought for their freedom for a reason, created a fair constitution that over the years has been destroyed. butsince im not an american thats all i'll say
Old 01-15-2008, 01:45 PM   #50
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all

http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/ron...t_anti_semite/

Yeah, what a good candidate. The only good thing I can say about Ron Paul is that he clearly talks about what American policy wants and needs, like the Republican answer to Kucinich. Thing is, Paul also wants to abolish the EPA and IRS. That's retarded. What ever happened to "Promote the general welfare"? We don't want to throw everything to the States.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Old 01-15-2008, 05:59 PM   #51
kenneth20748
Chuunin

kenneth20748 is a jewel in the roughkenneth20748 is a jewel in the roughkenneth20748 is a jewel in the roughkenneth20748 is a jewel in the roughkenneth20748 is a jewel in the rough

I've been hearing alot about Ron trying to dissolve government agencies. Well if he does become pres, he should dissolve FEMA. That should be step one. I also heard he was trying to get rid of the CIA. Crazy huh?

Old 01-22-2008, 10:17 PM   #52
marti810
Chuunin

marti810 will become famous soon enoughmarti810 will become famous soon enough

not totally he just disagrees with what the CIA is used for. he likes the intelligence gaining part about it, but dislikes the assassination part of it. he has some good thoughts and idead but wants to get rid of too many programs. Economically he knows what hes talking about.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:12 PM   #53
DarkAztek
Sand Man

I'm furious at how the showdown between Obama and Clinton is turning out. Just watching the debates is enough to make me sick but when I see Clinton go onto other shows to point out her retarded twist-n-turn message, I just got ape-shit.

Last night Clinton was on the Daily Show. I sat, amazed, as John Stewart actually gave her some really good hard-ball questions. And what did she do? She didn't answer a single GODDAMN QUESTION. She weaved and turned in the attempt to avoid being made to look ridiculous. Stewart asked her, flat-out why she's making such a big deal about the media "being unfair" to her. He asked that if the shoe was on the other foot if she would speak up and what does she do? She says the normal flim-flam about how it is time for change.

God... DAMN... I am so sick of politicians. Because Kucinich isn't in the race, all we get to discuss are platitudes and name-calling. Yeah, it's always been that way. But really, I had hoped that Americans were finally going to use their heads for once. We all clamored and freaked out about Bush and how people needed to start being smarter and elect officials that actually stood for something.

Now what do we have? We've got candidates doing the same tried-and-true methods of sucking on the American people's balls, promising little, making it seem like a lot, and squandering money left and right.

I know it's a cliche, but I'm honestly considering going to Canada more and more each day.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:21 PM   #54
Miburo

^I feel the same way. There isn't a single candidate that I want to support, at all. I honestly don't even think I'll even vote this time. Doesn't matter who wins, they're all horrible now.

Ron Paul would at least be interesting though, amirite? : )

Old 03-04-2008, 07:30 PM   #55
Sharingan Lord
I'm done. Byeeee.

Sharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud of

I don't know, I think Obama would make a good first African-American president. But America's too racist, IMO, so I wouldn't be surprised if Clinton won the popular vote thing. Our family's more Democratic, seeing how we hate Republicans and all, but honestly, if it's Clinton vs. McCain, Dad says we can move back to Nepal.

I don't get that woman's deals. During the Texas debate that I decided to watch out of boredom (it almost killed me), she kept directing all of the questions back to Obama and accused him of plagiarizing the Governor of Massachusetts or someone's words. Every. Single. Time.

What I don't get is why America would take the risk of electing another Republican after Bush's *awesome* reign. Especially one that wants to spend a hundred more years in Iraq until we win, and one that's literally Bush's long-lost twin.

But I guess I'm for Obama because I'm an environmentalist and all about peace. We all have our own views.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:58 PM   #56
DarkAztek
Sand Man

Clinton isn't a candidate. She's a 140 pound wrecking machine that doesn't do anything but play the blame game. SNL had a piece about how she's a bitch and it's a good thing because bitches get stuff done. ...But the thing is, she's not a bitch. She's a PETTY bitch. She isn't going to get any more done for health care or for any other issue than Bush did.

Old 03-05-2008, 04:16 PM   #57
Sharingan Lord
I'm done. Byeeee.

Sharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud of

If she gets elected, she'll be the president, but she'll just play the role as the First Lady again while Bill does all the work. That's what I think, though, once more, if it's Clinton vs. McCain, McCain's win is secured.

Anon, however, neither of the candidates will make the nomination thing, and Clinton's probably bribed some of her superdelegates with botoxes so she can get a win. Juuuust a thought. Though, it depends on whether her superdelegates are females or not...
Old 03-08-2008, 10:46 AM   #58
marti810
Chuunin

marti810 will become famous soon enoughmarti810 will become famous soon enough

if mccain wins id honestly move out of the country, i have family in spain i can live with for 4 years. That guy is insane, hes nothing but a warmonger and is riding the " i was a POW in vietnam" thing too much, and " I have experience". Experience doing what? From what i heard he paid off and gave up info to the vietnamese so he wouldnt be tortured, some war hero he was.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:22 AM   #59
taylord
Genin

taylord is an unknown quantity at this point

Barack Obama All The Way!
Old 03-09-2008, 11:02 AM   #60
Sharingan Lord
I'm done. Byeeee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marti810 View Post
if mccain wins id honestly move out of the country, i have family in spain i can live with for 4 years. That guy is insane, hes nothing but a warmonger and is riding the " i was a POW in vietnam" thing too much, and " I have experience". Experience doing what? From what i heard he paid off and gave up info to the vietnamese so he wouldnt be tortured, some war hero he was.
Yeah. The whole war issue is kind of making me mad. "We will spend 100 years in Iraq until we win!" =.= There isn't that much of a deal in Iraq anymore, so, what the heck? Then again, I'm a peace activist, sooo...yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if someone had a totally different opinion than me.
Closed Thread