The Naruto Debating FC - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > Fanclub Central > Official Fanclubs

Official Fanclubs View the official fanclubs of the forums and join them if you wish.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:35 PM   #1
MikeyM1979
Hokage

MikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud of
The Naruto Debating FC

This is the Naruto Debating FC. I came up with this idea a while ago, but never really got around to getting it done. And well, after some posting in a thread about Sharingan > Byakugan, well....I just found debating to be amusing again lol.

So these are the rules of this FC:

1) No flaming
2) Debates will happen every 1-2 weeks
3) No one outside of the teams can interfere on their behalf
4) Evidence needs to be used, either from the databooks (leafninja.com), directly from the manga, and SOMETIMES will speculation be accepted. It depends on the situation.
5) Evidence pulled from the anime, movies, games, cards, and other forms of media, not from the manga or databooks cannot be used, and will not be taken seriously. If this continues, that person's side will be forced to forfeit
6) Victors of debates will be decided by me, the owner of this FC, as well as the two co-owners
7) During debates, if either sides make points, the other side has a right to demand proof. So the other side must provide manga links or whatever else
8) Aside from flaming, be respectful of fellow members
9) Mini-tryouts are held through PMs, so they won't be public
10) Debates are won when the debate seems to have come to a stalemate, or when one side gives up, or when there is a winner, or a clear winner
11) The owner/co-owners are the ones who decide when debates are over

How to join
Some members are hand picked by me, and get private invitations from me. Others who would like to join, depending on whether or not I know you can debate, can join. Those who I'm not too familiar with, will need to go through a small mini-debate against either myself, or my first co-owner: Namikaze. Depending on how you debate, you may or may not be in. And I stress this: whether you win or lose, my decision as to who joins, based on tryouts, comes down to how they debate.

These are the general rules so far. Depending on feedback, I may make additions or subtractions, or edits to the rules.

Owned: MikeyM1979*

Co-Owners:
Mystik*
Trey*

Members:
HinatafanX
Mystic
SMFox1987* On a break!
IMNOTCRAZY
Namikaze85
MikeyM1979*
liuaishan
Shrike* On a break!
The Special One
Dagoro1988
Nexus
Distortion
Trey*
Eighty6ed
Sharingan Lord
tenkaichymaster
AnticitizenOne
SilverYondiame
Kina
Kushina
Gaaraofthesand
Vengeance

Tryouts

We have two banners for now:

I chose Shikamaru and Kakashi because I believe they're the two smartest and strategic shinobi in the world of Naruto. I've also added Sarutobi, mentor to Jiraiya, and Minato. Arguably, the two strongest nins of their times.

Oh, and our debates will be solely in the Naruto world. No other anime/manga.

Last edited by MikeyM1979; 03-06-2008 at 11:12 PM.
MikeyM1979 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2008, 11:41 PM   #2
Namikaze85
Missing-Nin

Namikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: The Naruto Debating FC

You Mikey can i be co owner pleaseeeee i a newb at the forum but can you give me this position.

Oh yeah and how does this team thing work oh well you will explain but let me be co owner.
Namikaze85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:45 PM   #3
I'MNOTCRAZY
ANBU

I'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enoughI'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enoughI'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enough

I shall join, and unless you have someone else in mind, may I also be co-owner? I am a good judge.

An addition to the rules: no ad hominem attacks.

want to see what FC's I'm in? click V
I'MNOTCRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:48 PM   #4
MikeyM1979
Hokage

MikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namikaze85 View Post
You Mikey can i be co owner pleaseeeee i a newb at the forum but can you give me this position.

Oh yeah and how does this team thing work oh well you will explain but let me be co owner.
Sure. Although you're new, I've seen some of your posts and I must say, you have fire in your debating skills. You're added as the first co-owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'MNOTCRAZY View Post
I shall join, and unless you have someone else in mind, may I also be co-owner? I am a good judge.

An addition to the rules: no ad hominem attacks.
The second position I'm actually holding out for a specific person, so we'll see.

Hm. How good are you at debating? I'll add you as a member based on that.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:52 PM   #5
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

I would like to join as well.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:55 PM   #6
MikeyM1979
Hokage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro1988 View Post
I would like to join as well.
What are you debating skills like?

Hm. I think I should put this out here now.

I won't just be accepting people to join this FC just because you guys ask for it. I've been here and posted in the Naruto forum long enough to see who is good at debating, so I know more or less who I'd like to join. As for newer members, I'd like for you all to prove to me why I should let you members join. This isn't like nearly every FC here, where you make a post asking to join, and then you're added, and that's that. It's exclusive to members who actually debate.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:56 PM   #7
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

my debate skill are fine lol. im a man of few words thats all.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:58 PM   #8
MikeyM1979
Hokage

Well, we'll have to see. I may hold a try out for you (and other members whom I'm not familiar with, as far as debating goes) to participate in a mini-debate against me or my first co-owner, Namikaze, and I'll judge if you really are good. Also keep in mind, that my decision won't be solely based on whether you win or not, but how you debate.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:59 PM   #9
Namikaze85
Missing-Nin

Namikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of light

Here here any members that want to prove themselves just try to debate myself a certain someone and it will be decided. I am just a co owner but i too don't want some new guys that don't know how to debate and use some weird stuff to prove their points.

P.s i am new but i already whooped 2 ass's today. both whom have been here wayyy longer than myself.
Namikaze85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:59 PM   #10
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Fair enough.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:03 AM   #11
MikeyM1979
Hokage

Right, Dagoro. I'm glad to see you're willing to do this. I'll be in contact with Namikaze through PM, and with you, as to when this tryout will be. Thanks.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:10 AM   #12
Mystik
Im a Bitch

Mystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyM1979 View Post
Sure. Although you're new, I've seen some of your posts and I must say, you have fire in your debating skills. You're added as the first co-owner.

The second position I'm actually holding out for a specific person, so we'll see.

Hm. How good are you at debating? I'll add you as a member based on that.
and i know who that specific person is or i have a clue as to who it is.. i would like to join cause i like debating on naruto and stuff but i aint going to lie im not the best debator around.. but this does sound like fun.. i saw your co - owner post as well and he seems to be a good debator so i dont think its fair to test us noobs with him ;D or you... or shrike for that matter
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:12 AM   #13
HinataFanX
Chuunin

HinataFanX will become famous soon enoughHinataFanX will become famous soon enough

I'm here. Ready to debate. Thanks again for the PM invite.

...I may be just a little too excited to argue with people...

FCs I'm In:

HinataFanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:18 AM   #14
MikeyM1979
Hokage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik View Post
and i know who that specific person is or i have a clue as to who it is.. i would like to join cause i like debating on naruto and stuff but i aint going to lie im not the best debator around.. but this does sound like fun.. i saw your co - owner post as well and he seems to be a good debator so i dont think its fair to test us noobs with him ;D or you... or shrike for that matter
No worries. While this is about debating, it's also about having fun while doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinataFanX View Post
I'm here. Ready to debate. Thanks again for the PM invite.

...I may be just a little too excited to argue with people...
Heh! I love to argue, too.

SMFox, IMNOTCRAZY, Mystic, and Hinatafan, welcome to the FC.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:25 AM   #15
MikeyM1979
Hokage

Oh stop! You're gonna make me blush.

But thanks.

Now that we have a few members joined, and a select hand full that I'm waiting for responses via PM, I'll be working on FC banners tonight, as well as thinking up what our first debate will be and when it will be held.