The Barbie Conspiracy - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section > Conspiracy Theories

Conspiracy Theories Talk about your theories here.

Old 05-12-2007, 03:46 PM   #16
Antedeluvian
Genin

Antedeluvian is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The Barbie Conspiracy

the fact that young girls are obsessed isn't barbies faulth.I mean the whole society from the start of capitalism and consuming items,etc wanted to make women think and act so naive.You watch "barbies" in tv all the time,the models on the other hand aren't the one to blame.Those that show them in a way that say to a girl:this is how u should be to became famous,rich,happy,etc...Barbie isn't just another way to screw young minds.It just followed the way society wanted things exist nothing more thn this.You think any1 was going to buy a fat,ugly and old doll?

I just do what i do and i do what i like
(violated your brain?huh?)
Antedeluvian is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2007, 07:02 PM   #17
Itai
Genin

Itai is on a distinguished roadItai is on a distinguished road

I think they are just dolls that were created by stereotypically influenced creators. They are just dolls. Not to mention the stereotype of being blonde, blue eyed, and skinny wasn't created by Barbie itself, it was created by the general public and Barbie was just reinforces it. I'm sure if people started thinking 300 pound women were beautiful Barbie would have a doll line for that, just as a marketing ploy.

As long as i can put my arms around my girlfriend I'm fine, but it is better to be healthy. There is no excuse for being obese.

Proud Member Of: Yondaime & Akatsuki Fc

Itai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:12 PM   #18
Soy Sauce is for America
Missing-Nin

Soy Sauce is for America can only hope to improve

You're right, there just waiting for the right time.
Soy Sauce is for America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:59 AM   #19
Mashed Potato
sunshine and biscuits

Mashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the rough

Barbie was the cause of my bulimia :'[

... I truly think it's just clever marketing. No one wants to wake up to a frumpy middle-aged wrinkle-infested doll. It's natural to prefer one doll over another because you find doll #1 more aesthetically pleasing.

It's also enforcing the appearance of an "ideal" woman; how the perfect woman should be, and in some ways enforcing gender roles. I say it does have a significant impact on a little girls (they will grow up with a slight impaired judgement, be more critical about their body image etc.), just as a supermodel may cause an adolescent to develop anorexia nervosa.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:17 PM   #20
joj1
Genin

Location: In the place where my Blade is the only thing stading between the life and death of others
joj1 will become famous soon enoughjoj1 will become famous soon enoughjoj1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
Do you think that barbie was really created as a gradual process to brainwash young girls to think that they had to have long blonde hair, and super model figures to be beautiful? Do you think the creators had any idea what they were doing? I think they did, but thats just"my" opinion. I'm interested in knowing what you all think about this theory.
all i can say is that, that may have been the orginal idea in the beginning and then since they say that it made money they quit the idea though it maybe still working

NaruHina Club
And
Rock Lee Club)
joj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:01 PM   #21
Mashed Potato
sunshine and biscuits

Mashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the rough

I REALLY doubt it started as a conspiracy to brainwash little girls.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:43 AM   #22
joj1
Genin

Location: In the place where my Blade is the only thing stading between the life and death of others
joj1 will become famous soon enoughjoj1 will become famous soon enoughjoj1 will become famous soon enough

oh you'd be amazed about the past buddy

NaruHina Club
And
Rock Lee Club)
joj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:26 PM   #23
kenneth20748
Chuunin

kenneth20748 is a jewel in the roughkenneth20748 is a jewel in the roughkenneth20748 is a jewel in the roughkenneth20748 is a jewel in the roughkenneth20748 is a jewel in the rough

It's more of a brainwash to black girls. AND BEFORE I GET FLAMED FOR SAYING STOP PLAYING THE RACE CARD...
take a look at this:http://www.alternet.org/blogs/video/47853/
just watch both of the videos and you make a conclusion. I think it wasn't intentional the effects, but it's obvious of what it can do.

kenneth20748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:33 PM   #24
GhostShade
Genin

GhostShade is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the real creator didn't have any negative intentions, it's the people of the Mattel that started ruining it.

Now girls see the Barbie as an example of how a woman should be, and honestly, to me Barbie is a very wrong example of this, it's like mentioning Paris and Britney, ew.
GhostShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:45 PM   #25
hippiematt
Chuunin

hippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of light

i think girls did it to look perfect on their own minds not the company the yjust wanted to make an original not like the old dolls that were fancy or rag dolls but i think it started the throwing up to look skinney thing

Brawl

Mario Cart

hippiematt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 04:20 AM   #26
Mashed Potato
sunshine and biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth20748 View Post
It's more of a brainwash to black girls. AND BEFORE I GET FLAMED FOR SAYING STOP PLAYING THE RACE CARD...
take a look at this:http://www.alternet.org/blogs/video/47853/
just watch both of the videos and you make a conclusion. I think it wasn't intentional the effects, but it's obvious of what it can do.
While I don't think mattel had the specific intention of brainwashing black girls, I think barbie does have an affect of how a black girl might view herself (she'll start thinking that an ideal woman is white skinned, white skin is more beautiful, etc). With that said, the documentary is depressing They are all way more prettier than any barbie doll! >[
Old 02-16-2008, 07:38 PM   #27
kenneth20748
Chuunin

kenneth20748 is a jewel in the roughkenneth20748 is a jewel in the roughkenneth20748 is a jewel in the roughkenneth20748 is a jewel in the roughkenneth20748 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostShade View Post
I think the real creator didn't have any negative intentions, it's the people of the Mattel that started ruining it.

Now girls see the Barbie as an example of how a woman should be, and honestly, to me Barbie is a very wrong example of this, it's like mentioning Paris and Britney, ew.
DING DING DING, if there was a real life "barbie" model to go by, those two would be the last to get the job

Old 02-16-2008, 11:49 PM   #28
hippiematt
Chuunin

hippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth20748 View Post
DING DING DING, if there was a real life "barbie" model to go by, those two would be the last to get the job
why do you say that?

Brawl

Mario Cart

hippiematt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:10 PM   #29
kenneth20748
Chuunin

im saying since so many little girls see to be in love with barbie dolls and if there was a "real life size" version of them, those two would be last to get a job of it

Old 03-10-2008, 06:56 AM   #30
Craigkage
Jounin

Craigkage has a spectacular aura aboutCraigkage has a spectacular aura aboutCraigkage has a spectacular aura aboutCraigkage has a spectacular aura about

Oh my gosh that theory makes so much sense now I think about it

Craigkage is now the proud owner of a Dragon Box
Craigkage is offline   Reply With Quote