The Official Music Talk Discussion v.1 [see first post] - Page 5 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Music Talk

Music Talk Discuss about your favorite songs, battle freestyle, and show off your music videos here!

Old 01-22-2008, 09:11 PM   #61
Linked
Genin

Linked is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The Official Music Talk Discussion v.1 [see first post]

Quote:
They did have some and I will admit some were good such as Come as You Are's solo, but really Nirvana's guitar work was just in catchy riffs that weren't really THAT genius at all. The most talent in that band was shown in the lyrics, but that isn't really the music so Nirvana gets really over-hyped.
Yeah, Nirvana had good lyrics, or at least "deep" ones. I only listened to Nirvana to confirm the fact that I didn't like them so I am really going off what I have learned through other people

Quote:
wether u like it or not Nirvana was great... as great as those two... live with it >___>
However, I can say that both BS and LZ are better at least in complexity or technicality of their music, much more so than Nirvana.
Linked is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2008, 06:10 AM   #62
Craigkage
Jounin

Craigkage has a spectacular aura aboutCraigkage has a spectacular aura aboutCraigkage has a spectacular aura aboutCraigkage has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
The Beatles were before their time; they have a song for any-freakin'-mood you're in.
And they knocked out like 3 albums a year... That takes some beating!

The pioneers of modern music

Craigkage is now the proud owner of a Dragon Box
Craigkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:56 AM   #63
lavadranzer
Missing-Nin

lavadranzer is infamous around these partslavadranzer is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigkage View Post
And they knocked out like 3 albums a year... That takes some beating!

The pioneers of modern music

Yes they were!!
They had songs like Hey Jude, I Want to Hold Your Hand and a few others for a good-relationship type of feeling. Then they had Revolution for a "rockin-out!" sort of feeling. I love the Beatles!!
I don't know that many songs but I do know that they have many.
lavadranzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 08:11 PM   #64
musicjustin1
Genin

musicjustin1 is infamous around these parts

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hKUBTX9kKEo
musicjustin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 08:12 PM   #65
musicjustin1
Genin

musicjustin1 is infamous around these parts

http://youtube.com/watch?v=b3mi-bKtDGA
musicjustin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:35 AM   #66
Linked
Genin

Linked is an unknown quantity at this point

Instead of posting links with no explanation you could of just said you liked The Who. You didn't even link to The Who's best album Quadrophenia.
Linked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 12:14 AM   #67
YondaimeBunshin
Chuunin

YondaimeBunshin is on a distinguished roadYondaimeBunshin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNinja View Post
Anyone hear anything from "The Audition?" I just started listening to them from a source, and I think they're pretty good. Anyone else have an opinion?
Yeah I love the Audition. I've seen them a few times live and they're really good. I find that emo/alternative/indie bands usually put on really good shows and are probably my favorite type to go to. I'm also listening to Cute is What we Aim For (fav!), Valencia (fav!), Hit the Lights (fav!), and Just Surrender (fav!). And I think The Audition should be coming out with a sophomore album pretty soon, but definitely check out those four, I've met Valencia a bunch of times, they're really cool, when I saw them the last time they said that we should hang out whenever I go see them since I basically am a reoccuring aquaintance lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavadranzer View Post
Hmm... Christian stuff is really underrated Relient k rocks the Chrisitian rock scene while KJ-52 really makes the Christian Rap scene cool. I recommend both of them. Relient k's album Five Score and Seven Years Ago is what I most think you should hear and the album mmhmm. KJ-52 has good songs like Napoleon Dynamite, Fivetweezy (funny and aw
I'm not religious in the traditional sense anymore (who really is anymore lol) but I keep up with the Christian music scene pretty well. Most talented by far Christian rappers are gonna be the 116 Clique or Cross Movement. Moreso 116 because they've really stepped it up the last few years but they focus hard on their ministry so I don't get a new album every year like I would a normal artist. But they really are worth listening to if you like def lyricists and some pretty tight beats.

If you don't know already I'd say my favs are:

Trip Lee (love his flow, love the Lecrae provided beats, love his overall sound)
Lecrae (the beat master, definitely dirrty south =] )
L.A. Symphony (I like that they float between secular and religious and remain pretty innovative)
Da Truth (his rhymes and flow are impressive usually)
John Reuben (definitely a non-conventionalist, his flow and lyrics aren't bad, and he usually talks about his interesting hippie-conservative views)
Flame (good rapper but kind of a whacky flow at times)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckboy View Post
No. Avenged Sevenfold is now a corporate heavy metal band and before they were a corporate metalcore band. If you a record dealer then they are a good band, but if you are looking for music, as in the art form, then you can count them out.

Well you sure got lucky. You won't find anything special in their discography.

I feel bad for you.

Do yourself a favor and don't.

1. I listen to punk. If you want good punk bands check out the originals like:

The Ramones
The Sex Pistols
The Clash
The Fall.

2. First of all Screamo is the name of the genre. It is a mix of emo, which is the worst genre name ever because all must is emotional, and screaming vocals. It is not bad at all and in fact there is this screamo band called Circle Takes the Square that have sick instrumentals. They are definitely technical and are surely original.

You don't know anything about music.

First of all if you are concerned more with the screaming then don't listen to music at all because vocals are the least important instrument in a band. Second of all I am about to give you many technical and original screamo bands, which are 10x more talented then "Avenged Sevenfold:"

Circle Takes the Square
Envy
City of Caterpillar
La Quiete
Orchid
Saetia

There you go. Check them out and shut your mouth.
I love punk but never really was on the scene, my punk taste consists of what was left in the late 90's with Blink, New Found Glory and Sum 41 but I know there's better out there, any other punk bands you like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckboy View Post
No rock is not dying. It is just that the bad stuff gets to the mainstream so if you want good bands you have to look for them yourself. Same thing with rap.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldscarcrow View Post
Rock is dying, rap is dying, everything is dying. NOTHING is how it once, and sadly the classics of everything where ALOT better
I partially agree. It's hard to find talented, innovative artists, but they are out there. The problem lies with the question you're gonna eventually come across ... can you open your mind to different types of sound to find a talented artist. There aren't many if any classic rock style innovators anymore, but I do like everything from real hip hop to emo so just keep looking I'm sure we'll find some good ones

Last edited by YondaimeBunshin; 03-15-2008 at 12:19 AM.
YondaimeBunshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 11:33 AM   #68
ppopcorn
Academy Student

ppopcorn is an unknown quantity at this point

I really hate that CSI uses both Baba O'Riley and Won't Get Fooled Again in the series vignettes, because ever since the show(s ) started running it feels like I can't go one week without hearing "oh, it's the CSI intro! Awesome!"

The Who are so much more than a song to a TV-show.

I read the comments under the Baba O'Riley-link musicjustin1 posted, and several people referred to Pete Townsend as "the guy in the white pants". XD

I'm currently in a huge '60s period. I listen to Jefferson Airplane, Canned Heat, Country Joe & The Fish etc. a lot. And I love it!
Anyone else who does that?

Although Pink Floyd is really the favorite above all favorites for me.

And of course the amazing guitarman with no teeth:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2st2E3KPJM
ppopcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:24 AM   #69
Nic
Missing-Nin

Nic is infamous around these partsNic is infamous around these parts

Anybody listen to Lemon Jelly?
Nic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:01 AM   #70
HoKaGaYdOrIaN
Academy Student

HoKaGaYdOrIaN is an unknown quantity at this point

Pls help me..i looking for a song that play in naruto shippuden episode 53 at 19:07....its sad song n i like the way that song been created and its so peacefull if i heard it.pls help me..if can,u can just name it and i will search for it...pls help me..i'm been looking this song about 2 whole month...
HoKaGaYdOrIaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:41 AM   #71
Rred
YOU SPOONY BARD!!

Rred is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppopcorn View Post

Although Pink Floyd is really the favorite above all favorites for me.
Oh, man Pink Floyd is amazing. I've got quite a few albums in a box on my shelf, which brings a question to mind: Has anybody listened to their album Meddle? For some reason I hadn't heard about it 'till just recently lol, and I'm wondering how it is, I mean, I don't know, I might get it.

Also, anybody listen to Queens of The Stone Age? And I don't mean just having heard 'No One Knows' and '3's & 7's' on Guitar Hero >.>
Old 07-23-2009, 04:37 AM   #72
Azumi
유아쿨입유캔리드디스

Location: In the land of rubbershoes and dirty ice cream... ;o)
Azumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really nice

OK, let's go Hiphop/RnB.

Do you think Jerimih's Birthday Sex song and MV's hot?...

I DO! I DO! XD

I LOL'D.
삳 압. 유 아 이스투피드.
Azumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:19 AM   #73
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough

Not really. If he didn't studder so much, maybe. The beat to the song is pretty sensual. I think it is good as a pop song.

- Heraclitus
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:21 AM   #74
Azumi
유아쿨입유캔리드디스

Location: In the land of rubbershoes and dirty ice cream... ;o)
Azumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really nice

It's an RnB, RNB. I saw it at Channel V yesterday. And besides, it's sang by a very cute black guy. Come on... =)

I LOL'D.
삳 압. 유 아 이스투피드.
Azumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:23 AM   #75
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough

It is a pop song. Modern R&B really isn't R&B anyways. When I say pop I am not referring to the genre of music.

Also, I am not gay so some "cute black guy" will not make me watch his video.

- Heraclitus
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote