An interesting character tier list. - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 02-17-2008, 06:35 PM   #1
MikeyM1979
Hokage

MikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud of
An interesting character tier list.

I've pasted this from GameFAQS, mainly because I thought it was very interesting. It's from a member called 'The Tipster'. He made a top 10 tier list of Naruto characters.

[quote=The Tipster]Before I can actually post the list, theres a few things that need to be answered now before people come in and try discrediting my list. The first thing that needs to be done is settling the meaning of a few words. And they are "powerful," "strong," and "best."

Each are taking from dictionary.com

Powerful: having or exerting great power or force.

This really can't be argued shonen-ly, but we'll base it on the power of the jutsus. The jutsu has to be extremely powerful. Either S-Rank or higher or possess abilities to kill a person in a single shot. A good one to look at as powerful would be C4. We also have to go by what the manga tells us.

Strong: powerful in influence, authority, resources, or means of prevailing or succeeding

I decided this was the best definition for the reasons of my argument. When, in the manga, someone refers to someone as "strong" they normally aren't referring to their physical strength unless said physical strength is being exerted at that time. Kisame and Tsunade are perfect examples of this.

Best: of the highest quality, excellence, or standing

Highest quality doesn't necessarily mean "top" quality. Someone can be in the highest tier and not be the best, and this is the most compelling argument I have to offer right now. There are lots of examples in the text that say that someone is the best and that will be a factor of placing them in their spot. People who have been rumored to being the "best" automatically rank in the top 10 list for reasons that will be provided under that character.

Tier Components

The people who have been rumored to being the best have not shown their full potential in the manga, yet. This is excluding maybe two or three people, you will see which people when I make the chart. I'm not basing this chart on a rock/paper/scissor approach, either. Instead, I'm basing it on true power and who is rumored to being the best. There will be loads of arguments for each person and if you want to argue the list, feel free to do so. People who argue something that has already been addressed in this portion of the topic will not be regarded.

Now... on to the top tier... people who have shown the power to be on this level and people who can actually be regarded as the "best" shinobi.

10. Deidara

Most people will probably laugh at this one, but hear me out, he's at the bottom for a reason. And once you see everyone else on the list, you'll see why this makes sense. I can't use any bullcrap arguments like "he lost to Sasuke due to DEM" or anything like that. Instead, I'm going to base it on what was displayed in that fight alone. Why can Deidara be on the same tier as some of the people listed later in this tier list?

Like I said, power is one of the major components in this list. Kakuzu sat in this spot for a long time. Especially after reading a lot of the speed blitz arguments that lots of people on this board argue; however, Deidara has something that no other shinobi has shown to possess. That is the ability to fly. A lot of the ninjas on this list has shown no way to combat this and would lost to just C1/2 alone. If you want to discredit the C1 power, you don't have to look much further to see just how powerful C3 is... it can easily destroy a major village... physically. C4 can destroy that same village biologically. No normal ninja would be able to escape something like this.

Deidara has also shown the ability to make amazing clay clones in conjunction with kawarimi no jutsu. Why is this badass? Because it helps him escape any hazardous attack from a fast person and then put himself in an amazing situation. Those clones can also be used in conjunction with C4. Killing a person on contact pretty much. You guys can underestimate this guy if you wish, but he really has no flaw. Even if his opponent is lightning affinity, there is no true way the opponent would be able to defeat C4 unless they have a nagashi type defense or if they can deduce extremely quickly that Deidara uses earth affinity attacks.

9. Itachi

Large chakra pool, nice resume, and some very powerful jutsus. Itachi actually possesses all three components to fall in this list. I actually had the notion to put Deidara above him, but Itachi's mangekyou makes him a beast. There really is no one alive other than Sasuke and Tobi to combat the effects of Tsukuyomi. Anyone else who looks into his eye would be disabled and killed without warning.

He has also shown to be very formidable in close combat... especially with that sharingan handy, and not only that, he has been shown to be one of, if not the best, genjutsu user in history. By looking at his finger, a person with no genjutsu training would be screwed.

His shadow clone abilities have probably been shown to be the best... beating a sharingan user with shadow clone abilities... and shadow clone explosion would be nearly impossible. I just don't rank him too high because there are a few others that I think that could beat him. Deidara even stands a show with his ability to see straight through genjutsu... if Deidara could find a way anyone can. I also can't place Itachi on the level of the kages because I'm pretty sure they are all well versed in all three levels of jutsu. Unless he can show some great things really soon, I don't see him going any higher than 8-10 ranking.

8. Jiraiya

I hope I don't offend anyone here... especially with who is number 7 and all... but seriously, this guy is really amazing. The only reason he isn't ranked higher is because of WHO IS ranked higher.

Jiraiya has some amazing stuff. Namely, hermit mode, toad summoning, and massive chakra pool. I don't think I need to elaborate too much on him since his name is pretty self-explanatory and I know people will not argue this point. When it comes down to pure skill, I'm sure Jiraiya is unquestionably in the top 5, but he just doesn't have a lot of power... raw power, anyway. He has the hermit mode, but it takes time. His powerful genjutsu spell takes time and it is only usable in the the hermit mode. I think that hermit mode is powerful, but if it wasn't for that, I would definitely put Itachi above him.

7. Orochimaru

Genius vs. Hard Work. That's what it came down too... really...

He possessed a talent that could only be seen once every few decades. Compared to Minato, that's pretty great. Also, Sarutobi made the comment that it was Orochimaru that he wanted to follow after him as Hokage. You can take it how you want, but Orochimaru is one broken SOB. He is pretty much immortal... he was cut in half and just reformed. If that isn't enough, he is probably twice as good at kawarimi as Deidara and he has mastered HUNDREDS of jutsu. I could go on and on about reasons as to how Orochimaru is superior to the guys below him in ranking, but I'm not. It's self explanatory. He would easily kill any of the others before they got time to use any of their best abilities... Even Deidara because he can extend his limbs.

Oh... and we have the snake summonings...
MikeyM1979 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2008, 06:37 PM   #2
MikeyM1979
Hokage

MikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud of
Re: An interesting character tier list.

6. Hanzou

This one is really self explanatory. We really don't know what he is capable of, but what we do know is that, in his prime, he was able to defeat Orochimaru, Jiraiya, and Tsunade by himself and that he has salamander summoning. I think being able to defeat the sannin in battle and forcing that name upon them makes him a pretty bad badass.

5. Minato

Most people would probably rank him a lot higher than where I'm putting him, but this is perfect for him. He shouldn't be any lower nor should he be any higher. He has never been regarded as the strongest/most powerful shinobi at any time. He has only been labeled as the best shinobi ever produced by Konoha...

Let me remind you that best doesn't mean that you are superior to everyone, because there have been numerous people labeled as the "best shinobi."

We have Minato being labeled the best:

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ndythebest.jpg

And Shodai/Nidaime being labeled the best:

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...nobiShodai.jpg

There has never been any instance in the manga that has labeled Minato the most powerful or strongest. So, because of that, I have only one place I can place him... and that is "best" and due to that he is stuck at five. Also, if you look at what he is known for... beating 40 or so enemies at one time with the help of shuriken... that is unimpressive to Sasuke beating hundreds of enemies in CS2 in seconds... with just his feet...

Sure he sealed the kyuubi, but he lost his life... there has been one person in the past that has beat the kyuubi and lived... there is also another that has the ability to summon the kyuubi...

4. Sarutobi

God of Shinobi, Professor, and labeled the strongest of all... Sarutobi is a beast in his own right. Even as an old man he was able to defeat 2 Hokage and put a beating on Orochimaru. He has mastered all of the jutsu in Konoha... not necessarily the jutsu you see in clans, but definitely the jutsu that have been created in Konoha or find their home in konoha.

I'm pretty sure that just with that first paragraph he has enough credentials to be placed here with no one arguing against him. There are just too many links placing him above Minato at least... and even possibly Shodai, but Shodai is just... haha... anyway, yeah... number 4... enma, professor, god of shinobi, best shinobi, strongest shinobi... whatever, there are lots of em...

3. Pein

First of all:

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...inAkatsuki.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...lostafight.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...featHanzou.jpg

He is labeled the strongest in Akatsuki... what more do you need? Have you not seen what those guys do? Kisame beat the 4 tailed kyuubi by himself... Sasori destroyed a country by himself... this guy walked in told them about his group and recruited them... how could he have done it if he is so weak? I don't think he could've.

He has never lost a fight before. I can't say the same for anyone else on this list... maybe Itachi, but that would be it. And then... he defeated the guy who beat Orochimaru, Jiraiya, and Tsunade by himself. This guy should be in a league of his own. With 6 bodies at his disposal with different abilities... the ability to revive his bodies... and the rin'negan at his disposal... how do you expect this guy to lose? Well... he said he almost lost to Jiraiya, I never saw any sign of losing there, but I have to give it to him, he said it... and he is taking orders from a legend... someone higher up on the list than he is...

2. Madara (Prime)

Sharingan, Mangekyou Sharingan, and Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...intheworld.jpg

He was even at one time labeled the strongest in the world. That's better than any other title out there on this list right now. He also has the ability to summon the kyuubi... what more do you need? Oh, yeah, I already said the sharingan. We've seen what the mangekyou can do. This guy was able to overcome entire clans! And he could summon the strongest biju of all! Broken, much? He is still living today even though he lived over 80 years ago. He is still bossing the guy over Akatsuki... something about this guy reeks of powerful and all we really have is what the text tells us... he is/was a beast.

1. Shodai

Duh. I've been saying this guy was the most powerful of the kages for over a year now. With BotD at his disposal, he makes the sharingan useless... hell, he makes anyone with eyes useless. And with his chakra, he can create life... his chakra pool had to have been massive. He had the power of mokuton at his disposal and he could control biju... He defeated Madara single-handedly. The same Madara who was said to be the strongest person in the world. Shodai was also known to be the best shinobi of all time.

One of the most powerful genjutsu shown in the show not through the use of a doujutsu and some of the most powerful chakra... its clear that this guy is the most powerful shinobi to walk the face of the earth...[/quote]

So, what do you guys think about the list? I personally disagree with a lot of it. Especially the placement of certain characters. Like how the hell Orochimaru is above Itachi, and how Sarutobi is above Jiraiya. I mean, I may be wrong here, but, didn't Jiraiya surppass Sarutobi? o_O I'll post more soon. >.>

Mods, please don't give me an infraction for this double post. I had no choice, since there's a post count limit for each post.

Edit: Nami, I'm expecting to hear some stuff from you on Minato and Jiraiya's placements. XD

Last edited by MikeyM1979; 02-17-2008 at 06:39 PM.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:20 PM   #3
Namikaze85
Missing-Nin

Namikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of light

This list is wack bro show me the guy who made it i'll tear him apart minato has never been said to be the greatest or strongest wtf is he talking about.

Minato - strongest nin ever since nothing in the manga has been shown otherwise greatest hokage and SURPASSED ALL THE PREVIOUS KAGES were is that nothigher then shodai and sarutobi please this list is retarded as the person who made it you can tell him i said that mikey.

Minato was a ninja were people were forced to tuck their tails behind their legs and flee like bitches which they did.

Jiraiya obliterated what ever hanzo can do since h actually took out a body made 4 kills all together were as hanzo died by pein and no proof shows hanzo did shit.

Oorchimaru at 7 mikey who is this loser please invite him here i beg you.

Itachi at 9 ok i am not even going to comment just bring him down here sasuke last i checked knocked deidara the fuk out and he isn't even mentioned please.

Minato at 5 yeah sure he is this is what the list should look like.

All time list:

Minato
sarutobi
jiraiya/pein
shodaime/nidaime
madara

This is the list i could care less about the others out of all shinobi i have seen these guys rank like this.

I ranked madara this low since i see no way for him to beat pein he got beat by shodaime whom was surpassed by sarutobi and jiraiya he beat jiraiya sarutobi in his prime would obliterate pein yes but madara is weak.

I don't who this kid is but he is retarded all i must say.

Last edited by Namikaze85; 02-17-2008 at 07:27 PM.
Namikaze85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 07:29 PM   #4
MikeyM1979
Hokage

lol Nami, what would be your top ten tier list?

I'm still pretty irritated about the Itachi/Oro placings. Oro can have all the jutsus in the world, that won't help him when, in the blink of an eye, he's paralyzed.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:33 PM   #5
Namikaze85
Missing-Nin

Namikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyM1979 View Post
lol Nami, what would be your top ten tier list?

I'm still pretty irritated about the Itachi/Oro placings. Oro can have all the jutsus in the world, that won't help him when, in the blink of an eye, he's paralyzed.
You actually agree with this piece of crap my friend you know as well as i Minato is at the top end of story.

As for the reaming guys after madara would be.

Itachi
orochimaru
kisame
deidara
Old 02-17-2008, 07:36 PM   #6
MikeyM1979
Hokage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namikaze85 View Post
You actually agree with this piece of crap my friend you know as well as i Minato is at the top end of story.

As for the reaming guys after madara would be.

Itachi
orochimaru
kisame
deidara
I didn't say I agree. o_O I disagree with a lot of that list. I think Kakuzu and Sasori should be in there, as well as Kakashi. But the main thing that bothered me was the Itachi/Oro bit.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:38 PM   #7
Namikaze85
Missing-Nin

Quote:
I didn't say I agree. o_O I disagree with a lot of that list. I think Kakuzu and Sasori should be in there, as well as Kakashi. But the main thing that bothered me was the Itachi/Oro bit.
Oh so you don't care were minato was placed well may i add he is the most important fuck itachi and oro rofll no but really itachi is were i placed him as is oro.

Besides this guy is a loser strongest hokage when manga says the strongest ninja and kage is minato.

You should lock this thread really it's a joke if i had a nife i would slit that kids throat.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:40 PM   #8
MikeyM1979
Hokage

Quote:
Oh so you don't care were minato was placed well may i add he is the most important fuck itachi and oro rofll no but really itachi is were i placed him as is oro.
XD Relax, I know under normal circumstances, Minato beats them all in 1 on 1 fights.

Quote:
Besides this guy is a loser strongest hokage when manga says the strongest ninja and kage is minato.
His choices for the top and bottom spots were amusing.

Quote:
You should lock this thread really it's a joke if i had a nife i would slit that kids throat.
You'd slit his throat just for that? o_O

Nah, I wanna see if anyone agrees with the list as well as seeing their top ten lists.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:43 PM   #9
Namikaze85
Missing-Nin

Quote:
XD Relax, I know under normal circumstances, Minato beats them all in 1 on 1 fights.

His choices for the top and bottom spots were amusing.

You'd slit his throat just for that? o_O

Nah, I wanna see if anyone agrees with the list as well as seeing their top ten lists.
Oh w/e but i doubt anyone would agree unless they are as dumb as this kid.

Either way

MINATO NAMIKAZE IS NUMERO UNO THE STRONGEST BY FAR GREATEST BY FAR MANGA BACK ME UP.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:44 PM   #10
MikeyM1979
Hokage

Quote:
Oh w/e but i doubt anyone would agree unless they are as dumb as this kid.

Either way

MINATO NAMIKAZE IS NUMERO UNO THE STRONGEST BY FAR GREATEST BY FAR MANGA BACK ME UP.
XD You should make a Yondaime FC or something. Or there probably already is one.

Well, at least the TC didn't place Naruto and Sasuke in the top ten. Without their powerups, neither is top ten material yet.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:44 PM   #11
Distortion
Special Jounin

Distortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to behold

You do know Minato was strong, but he wasn't invincible, nor perfect, so you need to relax with the jock riding. This list is crap, however I agree with some if not very few of the statements made, dumb things like Orochimaru being above itachi just because Orochimaru has a shit load of jutsus etc, as well as Deidara even being in the list and so on is crap.

Last edited by Distortion; 02-17-2008 at 07:47 PM.
Distortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 07:47 PM   #12
Namikaze85
Missing-Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distortion View Post
You do know Minato was strong, but he wasn't invincible, nor perfect, so you need to relax with the jock riding. This list is crap, however I agree with some if not very few of the statements made, dumb things like Orochimaru being above itachi just because Orochimaru has a shit load of jutsus etc, as well as Deidara even being in the list and so on.
I know lol today mikey rpoved that 7 beings 5 of which are kage level opps 4 of which are kage level and one jounin 2 summons can only draw with him so yeah he isn't invincible lmaoo.

But he is NUMERO UNO lol and yes this list is crap for a second i though mikey made it up.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:48 PM   #13
MikeyM1979
Hokage

Quote:
I know lol today mikey rpoved that 7 beings 5 of which are kage level opps 4 of which are kage level and one jounin 2 summons can only draw with him so yeah he isn't invincible lmaoo.

But he is NUMERO UNO lol and yes this list is crap for a second i though mikey made it up.
No, I proved that Minato isn't invincible. And technically, it was 2 vs 1. The numbers increased because of Orochimaru's abilities, and Jiraiya's senior toads.

Oh give me some credit. I'd make a better list than that.

Last edited by MikeyM1979; 02-17-2008 at 07:51 PM.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:50 PM   #14
Namikaze85
Missing-Nin

Quote:
No, I proved that Minato isn't invincible.

Oh give me some credit. I'd make a better list than that.
Yes you proved he can draw with 4 kage level shinobi 2 of which are hoakge 2 of which are same level as one one of which is a jounin with a bloodline and 2 powerful summons.

Yet minato was able to use death god and die with them all thus ending it at a draw.

2the list part it was a joke i know you are a lot better then this actualy you are considered goku after he became the dragon compared to this guy.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:51 PM   #15
Distortion
Special Jounin

Distortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

These are assumptions made by fans, not facts of the writer. Mikey can say whatever he wants half the things he say I never agree with either way, nor do they make it a fact just some logic which never really plays much part in the show/manga anyways. I guess Minato is number one for now, till Naruto steps up one of these years/decades.