Anime and Manga reviews. - Page 6 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 06-22-2007, 06:10 AM   #76
Naruto.Haruno
Banned

Naruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of lightNaruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of lightNaruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of lightNaruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of lightNaruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of lightNaruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of lightNaruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of lightNaruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Anime and Manga reviews.

^Here::

Ghost Hunt:

Fate/Stay Night:

Sci-Fi Harry:

The Prince of Tennis:

Naruto.Haruno is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-02-2007, 11:10 PM   #77
Rabiki-San
Academy Student

Rabiki-San is an unknown quantity at this point

aight so i've been meaning to add another anime and possibly another manga to the list of stuff i watch and read but i dont know of any good manga/anime for me to watch, so can anyone help me out with just a good manga/anime i already watch Naruto and Bleach religiously but i watch trigun, outlaw star, ghost in the shell, inuyasha and some gundam series

Rabiki-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:47 AM   #78
Naruto.Haruno
Banned

Naruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of lightNaruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of lightNaruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of lightNaruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of lightNaruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of lightNaruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of lightNaruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of lightNaruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of light

Hmm, Not really the right thread, but anyway.
I liked these ones, but I'm not really sure what genre you like, so you might not like them.

Ah My Goddess
Air Gear
Ai Yori Aoshi
Azumanga Daioh
Amaenaideyo
Bleach
Chobits
DearS
Death Note
Disgaea
FLCL
Elfen Lied
Fruits Basket
Full Metal Alchemist
Green Green
I'S Pure
Hand Maid May
Ichigo 100%
Ikkitousen
Kanon
Karin
Kashimashi
Kyou no Go no Ni
Love Hina
Mai Hime
Midori no Hibi
Naruto
Onegai Teacher
Ranma ½
REC
Rizelmine
Romeo x Juliet
Shakugan No SHANA
Shuffle
Suzaku
Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Yumeria

Should make a recommend an anime thread.

Last edited by Naruto.Haruno; 07-03-2007 at 02:48 AM.
Naruto.Haruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:38 PM   #79
LonelyNinja

Uh, I hope this isn't reviving a dead thread. The idea shouldn't be wasted. Anyways:

Dokuro-chan: Fuckin' hilarious, but too short (only eight episodes). Basically it's about an angel from the future protecting Sakura, a boy who would later invent a way of eternal youth by accident and is now the target for other angels from the future for a) treading on God's territory and b) creating a pedophile's dream world. A silly anime, I recommend it to anyone who likes comedy mixed with blood. Four our of five stars.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:32 PM   #80
Tengu
Chuunin

Tengu will become famous soon enoughTengu will become famous soon enoughTengu will become famous soon enough

heres a new romance anime comming soon
ef ~ a tale of memories
http://www.crunchyroll.com/showmedia?id=140759
Tengu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 02:41 AM   #81
LonelyNinja

Finished watching "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni" today, and it's an awesome series, but the last two episodes stretch a little bit, but it all ends satisfactorily. So yeah, it's mainly about a boy named Keichi Maebara who moves to the remote town of Hinamizawa, which has a dark past (go figure). He meets up with four girls, Rena Ryuuguu, Mion Sonozaki, Rika Fuurude, and Satoko something or other. Hinamizawa has a traditional fair called "Watanagashi" where people pay tribute to the Shrine God and have their sins purged. However, for the last four years a murder and a disappearance has occurred, leading people to believe in the Shrine God's curse. Keichi decides to investigate, blah blah blah, go watch it. Full of twists, turns, and lots of blood and violence. Four and a half stars out of five.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:47 PM   #82
kwjp
Academy Student

kwjp is an unknown quantity at this point
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=4318

If you like ninja anime (which would make sense if you like Naruto) then you may enjoy Basilisk.

24 episode anime. Animation is well done IMHO.

Genres: Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Historical, Romance, Shounen, Supernatural
Age rating: Mature (May contain sex, drugs, and extreme graphic violence)
Plot Summary: The year is 1614 AD. Two warring ninja clans, each supporting a son of Hidetada Tokugawa as the next shogun, send ten representatives each to fight to the death for the possession of a scroll. The prize: the annihilation of the other and the staunch support of the Tokugawa government for the winning clan for the next thousand years.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=1871

This one is a bit strange, but I rather enjoyed it. If you watch Track-shun it's in episode 24.

13 episodes, Well done animation IMHO.

Genres: Drama, Fantasy, Mystery, Psychological, Supernatural
Age rating: Older Children (May contain mild bad language, bloodless violence)
Plot Summary:
A dream of falling from the sky...and then birth. Rakka is born from a large cocoon into the Old Home, greeted by a group of females with small wings on their backs and shining halos above their heads. Soon Rakka’s own wings grow, a halo is placed on her head and she is told that she must work in the nearby town of Grie. She soon realizes that the town and the entire world they live in are confined behind the Wall, a tall, impenetrable wall that none except the mysterious Toga are allowed to exit.
Rakka, a newly born Haibane (Angel) awakens into an unfamiliar world with only a strange dream of falling from the sky as her only memory. Alone and scared of who and what she is, she is cared for by fellow Haibane as they try and search for the meaning of their existence as well as what lies beyond their town's imprisoning walls.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=5923

Not action packed for sure, but I loved the story-line and concept. One of my favorites.

26 episodes, and yet again very well done animation (IMHO)

Genres: Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Horror, Mystery, Psychological, Supernatural
Plot Summary: They are neither plants nor animals. They differ from other forms of life such as the micro-organisms and the fungi. Instead they resemble the primeval body of life and are generally known as "Mushi". Their existence and appearance are unknown to many and only a limited number of humans are aware of them. Ginko is a "Mushi-shi" who travels around to investigate and find out more about the "Mushi". In the process, he also lends a helping hand to people who face problems with supernatural occurances which may be related to the "Mushi".

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ime.php?id=840

Pretty long at 45 episodes but the world the anime takes place in is very complex and interesting. I thought it was definitely worth the watch, but you have to be looking for a story to get into, not just a quick action flick.

Genres: Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Psychological
Plot Summary: Yoko Nakajima, an unhappy high school student, is one day suddenly faced with a strange man who swears allegiance to her. After a battle with demon-like beasts, he then takes her to another world along with two of her classmates. There, her appearance has changed and she can understand the language even though her classmates cannot. But their status as "Kaikyaku" (people who come from Earth) makes them hunted fugitives, so they wander the land of the 12 countries, simply trying to survive and to figure out the reason why they were brought to this world.
kwjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:16 AM   #83
manapua89
Academy Student

manapua89 is an unknown quantity at this point

some anime that i recommend are
finished series

FLCL
Love hina
EF-A tale of memories
Kanon
Ichigo 100%
hitohira
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (aka rumbling hearts)
Lamune
Lunar Legend Tsukihime
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
REC
Onegai Teacher
Onegai Twins
Shuffle

current ongoing anime

Kimikiss pure rouge
Clannad (same makers of kanon lucky star and haruhi)
Jyushin Enbu (aka a heroes tale? makers of FMA)
and H2O~foot prints in the sand ~

you can find the pictures and reviews on
http://www.anime-planet.com
manapua89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:33 AM   #84
flareofdragon
Hunter-Nin

flareofdragon is on a distinguished roadflareofdragon is on a distinguished road

Why hasn't Gantz been mentioned here?

Gantz, for those of you who do not know what it is, is a manga R rated to the core. Please, do not read the manga if you are under the age of 15. The author writes amazingly, he keeps things insane enough to be considered a sci-fi thriller, but then the character's actions always hit so close to the reader that the revulsion you feel on screen is reflected on yourself. Even though the story is fantastical, you never stop questioning "what would I do in a situation like that" and you will always surprise yourself with the answer. It really makes you face your worst.

There is an incredible amount of violence, rape, nudity, perversion, blood, and amorality in the atmosphere. Take this to heart, it WILL revulse you. Well, hopefully anyway. Its not really about the maturity level, its about how much punishment you can take from the vapid world Gantz puts you in. But I never felt that the mangaka was doing stupid scenes to make ecchi postures, its never innocent. There is an incredible sense of danger here, and you will rarely find it in any other manga.

So anyway, not a manga that will interest the mainstream, but fascinating.

flareofdragon.deviantart.com

Last edited by flareofdragon; 02-20-2008 at 01:34 AM.
flareofdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 01:17 PM   #85
chu123
Academy Student

chu123 is an unknown quantity at this point

XiRo the answer to your question is no .... they are different from each other if you will like to see ( and other members as well) go online an see for your self you can go to animeseed.com to take a look at F.M.A
chu123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 01:19 PM   #86
chu123
Academy Student

chu123 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can also go to VEOH.com to look for anime
chu123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:51 PM   #87
Kumo
Academy Student

Kumo is on a distinguished roadKumo is on a distinguished road

My review on D.Gray-Man

Episodes - 73 ongoing.
Manga - 151 ongoing
Age - PG-13
Genre - Action, Comedy, Adventure, Horror, Gothic fiction, Steampunk, Violence
Summary - The story of D.Gray-man takes place on a fictional Earth at the end of the 19th century. The plot mostly centers around Allen Walker, a young boy who is a member of The Black Order; a secretive organization whose members are known as Exorcists. The Order's primary mission is to stop The Millennium Earl, an ancient being who intends to 'cleanse' the world by destroying all life on it.

Exorcists are specially chosen humans who are gifted with the ability to control and use Innocence, a divine substance created in ages past to combat the Earl. According to the Order's history, at the end of The Great Flood, 109 fragments of Innocence were scattered around the world. Once an Innocence fragment is matched to its compatible user, it can become a weapon or tool for the user to wield in the battle against the Earl.
My opinion - The series is a very, very underrated one. The animation and art a brilliant, the pacing is great and the overall series if fantastic, sure, it has like...ten filler episodes, but they are a mini arc that doesn't need watching.
Rating - 9

I hate livin' without You.
Dead wrong to ever doubt You.
But,my demons lay in waitin'
Tempting me away.
Oh, how I adore You.
Oh, how I thirst for You.
Oh, how I need You.

Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:51 PM   #88
DanIvanX29
Academy Student

DanIvanX29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I have a question. I saw thi s thing on the naruto japanese website and i couldn't understand it but it looked like sasuke and naruto were fighting of they were teaming up (not likely) HELP ME OUT
DanIvanX29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:53 PM   #89
DanIvanX29
Academy Student

DanIvanX29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's a link
http://naruto.com/j/
DanIvanX29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:09 AM   #90
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,774 Times in 930 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumo View Post
My review on D.Gray-Man

Episodes - 73 ongoing.
Manga - 151 ongoing
Age - PG-13
Genre - Action, Comedy, Adventure, Horror, Gothic fiction, Steampunk, Violence
Summary - The story of D.Gray-man takes place on a fictional Earth at the end of the 19th century. The plot mostly centers around Allen Walker, a young boy who is a member of The Black Order; a secretive organization whose members are known as Exorcists. The Order's primary mission is to stop The Millennium Earl, an ancient being who intends to 'cleanse' the world by destroying all life on it.

Exorcists are specially chosen humans who are gifted with the ability to control and use Innocence, a divine substance created in ages past to combat the Earl. According to the Order's history, at the end of The Great Flood, 109 fragments of Innocence were scattered around the world. Once an Innocence fragment is matched to its compatible user, it can become a weapon or tool for the user to wield in the battle against the Earl.
My opinion - The series is a very, very underrated one. The animation and art a brilliant, the pacing is great and the overall series if fantastic, sure, it has like...ten filler episodes, but they are a mini arc that doesn't need watching.
Rating - 9
Oh man I recently saw the first 65 episodes and I am hooked on this show. Its very awesome nicely paced show with great action, good storyline, comedy is nicely spread out, very good. Its one of my new favorite anime I download every week now along with Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote