The Official 2008 Presidential Election Thread - Page 5 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 09:01 PM   #61
Apocapus
Academy Student

Apocapus is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The Official 2008 Presidential Election Thread

I am not convinced that Hilary Or Obama will solve anything they are in too deep with the corporations. In fact you cannot get nominated unless you are in with the corporations.
I had my hopes set on Dennis Kucinich but he never had much chance...nor does Ron Paul.
Ralph Nader is running...but will anyone vote for him?
I mean.....We as a country...waste trillions of dollars on manufacturing weapons.
Thats more then All the other industrialized countries combined.......If we could slice the military budged by a third...we could afford Free Healthcare and Free Colleges and all the things this country and it's people need.
But Even if we could slice the Military budget...we're in too much debt to do anything about it........I'm hoping Obama....wins...maybe he'll do something.
But I'm just grasping at straws.

Old 03-16-2008, 02:20 AM   #62
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

I hope Obama wins [although I'm not really rooting for him lol], but people are overlooking the fact that McCain is really a HIT with everyone else [if you disregard the media who seems to cover mainly the Democratic side only.] I think McCain does have an appeal to a lot of people, the Democratic party better keep a close eye on the dude, I think he can win [mainly cause he isn't a total Conservative...<.<]

Last edited by OG; 03-16-2008 at 02:24 AM.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:28 AM   #63
slayer91
Hunter-Nin

slayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakgyrl510 View Post
I hope Obama wins [although I'm not really rooting for him lol], but people are overlooking the fact that McCain is really a HIT with everyone else [if you disregard the media who seems to cover mainly the Democratic side only.] I think McCain does have an appeal to a lot of people, the Democratic party better keep a close eye on the dude, I think he can win [mainly cause he isn't a total Conservative...<.<]
but the problem with McCain is that conservatives dont like him......and that is most of the republicans so they will either settle or they will vote for a democrate
I am what I am
Old 03-16-2008, 03:08 AM   #64
OG
[잊지 말아요]

OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer91 View Post
but the problem with McCain is that conservatives dont like him......and that is most of the republicans so they will either settle or they will vote for a democrate
thing is, theyd probably vote for him anyways simply because he is declared to be a republican lol...doesnt matter if they like him or not XD...[thats how he got nomination so easily, cause he is liked/loved]

thats the part i think the democrats have to watch out for <.<...none of the democrats really get love like that >.>
Old 04-03-2008, 05:21 AM   #65
Matthekage
Missing-Nin

Matthekage is a glorious beacon of lightMatthekage is a glorious beacon of lightMatthekage is a glorious beacon of lightMatthekage is a glorious beacon of lightMatthekage is a glorious beacon of lightMatthekage is a glorious beacon of lightMatthekage is a glorious beacon of lightMatthekage is a glorious beacon of light

NOTE TO ALL AMERICANS: Please just elect someone who represents your true beliefs, not just someone so stupid that you can easily blame them for your mistakes. "It wasn't us, it was Bush". Hmm.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:55 PM   #66
musicjustin1
Genin

musicjustin1 is infamous around these parts

I would like Obama to (like mst people). If McCain wins, the world will be messed up!
Old 04-07-2008, 10:06 PM   #67
marti810
Chuunin

marti810 will become famous soon enoughmarti810 will become famous soon enough

10 things you should know about John McCain (but probably don't):

1. John McCain voted against establishing a national holiday in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Now he says his position has "evolved," yet he's
continued to oppose key civil rights laws.

2. According to Bloomberg News, McCain is more hawkish than Bush on Iraq, Russia and China. Conservative columnist Pat Buchanan says McCain "will make Cheney look like Gandhi.

3. His reputation is built on his opposition to torture, but McCain voted against a bill to ban waterboarding, and then applauded President Bush for vetoing that ban.

4. McCain opposes a woman's right to choose. He said, "I do not support Roe versus Wade. It should be overturned.

5. The Children's Defense Fund rated McCain as the worst senator in Congress for children. He voted against the children's health care bill last year, then defended Bush's veto of the bill.

6. He's one of the richest people in a Senate filled with millionaires. The Associated Press reports he and his wife own at least eight homes! Yet McCain says the solution to the housing crisis is for people facing foreclosure to get a "second job" and skip their vacations.

7. Many of McCain's fellow Republican senators say he's too reckless to be commander in chief. One Republican senator said: "The thought of his being president sends a cold chill down my spine. He's erratic. He's hotheaded. He loses his temper and he worries me.

8. McCain talks a lot about taking on special interests, but his campaign manager and top advisers are actually lobbyists. The government watchdog group Public Citizen says McCain has 59 lobbyists raising money for his campaign, more than any of the other presidential candidates.

9. McCain has sought closer ties to the extreme religious right in recent years. The pastor McCain calls his "spiritual guide," Rod Parsley, believes America's founding mission is to destroy Islam, which he calls a "false religion." McCain sought the political support of right-wing preacher John Hagee, who believes Hurricane Katrina was God's punishment for gay rights and called the Catholic Church "the Antichrist" and a "false cult.

10. He positions himself as pro-environment, but he scored a 0—yes, zero—from the League of Conservation Voters last year.

John McCain is not who the Washington press corps make him out to be.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:31 AM   #68
Mashed Potato
sunshine and biscuits

Mashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the rough

I've learnt not to take things at face value, so I find myself doubting these claims.

But... I'd never support a republican anyway, let alone McCain ;P
Old 05-20-2008, 03:58 PM   #69
rustys
Genin

rustys is an unknown quantity at this point

well so far I'm going with Obama because hilary is acting liek a brat its either her way or the highway.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:23 PM   #70
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough

So Barrack wins. Yeah, this thread is dead. but I will revive it.

So I don't understand the hate of Ron Paul that was displayed early in the thread. I find it quite obvious that Ron Paul cares about America and knows that a limited government is the best government. BTW watch the best political video you will ever see: (Hint: it is about Ron Paul)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FG2PUZoukfA

- Heraclitus
Old 06-04-2008, 11:09 PM   #71
taylord
Genin

taylord is an unknown quantity at this point

if barac obama wins we actually have the first african-american / black president!! i seriously hope hillary duznt win ( she is too whiny) plus i have always wanted to see a black president in the u.s.a for once. shuld be a fun run for them both though.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:24 AM   #72
OG
[잊지 말아요]

marti810-where did you get those "facts?" //demands source despite the date of post >.>

hillary is said to endorse obama now

...vice perhaps? >.>...despite the "fierce" battles they had? lol XD...not like vice do much anyways but thats the "highest" she can get now
Old 06-05-2008, 01:36 AM   #73
Hiraku
Puppet Master

Hiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of light

she aint going to be VP she does not want to be 2 nd in command she wants to be president. It says she will support obama but will keep her delegates. so i doubt she is going to be on the ticket as VP.

The Look of Innocence
Old 06-05-2008, 01:39 AM   #74
OG
[잊지 말아요]

you never know <.<...making her vice can help obama get the votes he lost to her...and it was a pretty close race [unliketherepublicanside] so thats a lot of votes >.>

i still say its a possibility lol
Old 06-05-2008, 01:47 AM   #75
Hiraku
Puppet Master

Hiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of light

i doubt it considerably hillary put up a hell of a fight and that earned my respect for her more than obama. obama is trying to play the role of a john f kennedy that how he comes off to me.

Hillary is stuborn she will hold her own and come back in four years. But the media was giving obama the edge in the election tho.

were you been og and happy bday as well.

The Look of Innocence
Closed Thread