The Anime/Manga Pairings FC - Page 9 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > Fanclub Central > Official Fanclubs

Official Fanclubs View the official fanclubs of the forums and join them if you wish.

Old 03-20-2008, 01:36 PM   #121
ralatone
Chuunin

ralatone is on a distinguished road
Re: Naruto Pairings FC

I read an something about kishi thinking of her as ugly when he first drew her and that many of his assistants agreed. Now compared to then, she looks "fuller" I guess or more well rounded, so I think that may be the reason she looks better with the short hair now.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:59 PM   #122
musoukaShinobi
Academy Student

musoukaShinobi is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah he said that he can't draw cute girls XD
I dunno....I think shoulder-length hair would be awesome, but yeah, the anime screws Sakura up. It sometimes makes her look like a man :S
Naruto Pairings FC

musoukaShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:16 PM   #123
Kitten
Academy Student

Kitten is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess it's just the fact that she's drawn older, too. Kishimoto's style was a little rougher pre-timeskip, especially with Ino, Sakura, and Hinata. Or maybe he's just had a lot of practice. ;P

It makes me wonder why Kishimoto doesn't have enough time on his hands to yo-yo smack some of those animators that work on Sakura. They make her look so terrible. I was especially disappointed with the episode where she cries after seeing a four-tailed Naruto. I had such high hopes in seeing a marvelous Kishimoto-inspired art animated episode where everything glides by smoothly and it looks pretty maybe with a few sparkle bubbles added in the background... Not tears that look like goo and slow running where her hair looks a few two inches longer than it should be. >_>
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:20 PM   #124
Highspeed0516
Chuunin

Highspeed0516 will become famous soon enoughHighspeed0516 will become famous soon enoughHighspeed0516 will become famous soon enough

I think they do alright with Sakura. I think they had trouble sometimes with her nose and lips as she matured. They sure got her right in the most recent episode.

Member of the Super Smash Bro's Brawl Club
Highspeed0516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:21 PM   #125
I'MNOTCRAZY
ANBU

I'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enoughI'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enoughI'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
1. NaruHina: Next to no development save for the fact that they're on the same mission/in the same group, and even THEN, it seems neither have really spoken to one another.
2. Well, since Naruto is so head over heals for Sakura, I think I would consider the chances of HinaNaru nonexistent; especially since NaruSaku is no longer as one-sided as it used to be in Part 1.
3. According to you, HinaNaru also doesn't have much possibility, seeing as how it's not only one-sided, but Naruto doesn't even speak with her on a regular basis.

So, I guess according to your definition, HinaNaru applies as a "crack pairing".
...Just saying, I'm not trying to be rude or anything. >_>;

Well, Kiba and Naruto are a lot alike; they're both rambuntious and outgoing, and Kiba seems determined to get up and keep fighting, despite everything. If not, protecting the people he loves is just as important as personal growth. Kiba is pretty much what Hinata idolizes, and they know each other much better than Hinata knows Naruto; if Hinata actually opened her eyes over those two and a half years, I think Kiba's character would have a much stronger impact on her character than it currently does. And I'm finding it really difficult to continue to explain why I lke KibaHina XD

As for the ShikaIno pairing: Shikamaru and Ino are team mates, all of Team 10 has fathers that work together. They're all like childhood friends (supposedly, at least). I think it would a little demeaning to my pride (if I were a guy) when one of my teammates, whom I've known for longer than the time that we've been team mates, started cheering for a guy she hardly knows anything about. But knowing Shikamaru, he probably wouldn't have cared much. XD
I think InoChou is more canon, since it was implied that Chouji may have liked/ likes Ino after Shikamaru's promotion to Chuunin (I think).

:3
I would let HinaFan have the honors in ripping this to shreds, but I'm bored...

1. I'm not going to take a crack at the first one... I'm not big on going through every single occurence and saying "see. You're wrong!" I'm just going to say it: YOU ARE WRONG. There has been development in NaruHina and there is a wealth of foreshadowing.

2. Naruto? Head over heels??? That's completely over the top. No one in their right mind would call Naruto's crush on Sakura "head over heels". A lot of Naruto's feelings for Sakura, as in his crush, stem from her going after Sasuke. Therefore, it's another contest for him. He also thought she was pretty, and such things happen. There is NOTHING deeper to that than infatuation and rivalry. Now, however, he has become good friends with Sakura and the relationship they have has matured into something much more platonic in nature. There is little evidence to say that Naruto still harbors those feelings after the timeskip, discounting when he first came back, since it was immediate and therefore no new sort of relationship could have registered. HinaNaru? I thought we were talking NaruHina? I don't really know if Hinata is into that sort of stuff. XD One-sided? You still haven't provided an argument for Sakura falling for Naruto, which HAS NOT HAPPENED. Yamato's testimony can easily be discounted and practically anything else can be classified as part of their strong platonic brother-sister relationship.

3. eh, that would be a good catch, if it were not for the fact that every time they DO interact there is a very great change in the way that Naruto perceives Hinata. At first, she is a "shy, dark, weird girl." Then she is the perons who is standing up for herself and the one who Naruto vows to avenge when he fights Neji. Then she is "a person [Naruto] can really like". Next time, easily, it could be "a nice, beautiful girl". You really shouldn't count NaruHina out solely based on the frequency of their interactions. It's only taken a couple chapters for it to get from shy, dark, and weird to a person he can really like. It's taken hundreds of chapters for Naruto and Sakura's relationship to get to the point they are at, which is one closer to that of close siblings than one of two lovers. That... and the foreshadowing. I'll get to explaining it eventually...

lol. Yeah, I'd probably say that HinataXNaruko is a crack pairing, but if you are talking about NarutoXHinata, you could not have just said something less to piss me off. You make enemies quickly, don't you?

ok, so what you are saying for KibaHina is that Hinata loves Naruto's aspects and because Kiba≈Naruto, you can assume that KibaHina works??? First off, Kiba does not embody all that Hinata sees in Naruto and those aspects that he does, still, not the the same degree by any means. Kiba was never the underdog. It was always Naruto who failed and got back up. Only Naruto can be called a "proud failure", the aspect which Hinata most greatly admires about Naruto. Simply put, Kiba doesn't even measure up to Naruto.

In Shikamaru's case, it's troublesome to listen to a fangirl bantering. I know from experience. It's a drag. XD Nothing to do with jealousy.

btw, TIME TO OFFICIALIZE THE FC!!!

want to see what FC's I'm in? click V

Last edited by I'MNOTCRAZY; 03-20-2008 at 10:23 PM.
I'MNOTCRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:56 PM   #126
Kitten
Academy Student

I think HinaNaru is more accurate because Hinata is the one who likes Naruto and she's probably going to be the one to try and initiate the relationship, should she ever get around to it, and as far as I've seen, the feeling isn't really mutual. Naruto hasn't really got much of a clue that Hinata even holds him in such a high regard.

I believed it was clearly obvious that Naruto held deeper feelings for Sakura when he not only smiled and walked away in the hospital scene, but he smiled despite himself when she begged him to bring Sasuke back and promised that he would.
Personally, I sincerely doubt that Naruto saw Sakura as "competition" against Sasuke. Doubtless, there was jealousy, but to actually suggest that he would go for a girl because she liked Sasuke (that is what you said, isn't it?)? That's just not Naruto's character.

Honestly, I'm not trying to start a debate. I just don't see the things in NaruHina/HinaNaru that you see, and I probably never will. It wasn't meant to disrespect you (or anyone else for that matter).
Old 03-20-2008, 11:37 PM   #127
HinataFanX
Chuunin

HinataFanX will become famous soon enoughHinataFanX will become famous soon enough

Kitten, for any and all NaruHina reference I'd like to refer you to this link:

http://community.livejournal.com/shi...o/157549.html?

If anything, it proves there's tons of development.

As far as any other possible arguement against your lame, bias, and generally bad arguement for NaruSaku, I'll let I'MNOTCRAZY handle it, if he doesn't mind. I'm too wiped out to poke holes in it right now.

FCs I'm In:

HinataFanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:57 PM   #128
I'MNOTCRAZY
ANBU

I'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enoughI'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enoughI'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinataFanX View Post
Kitten, for any and all NaruHina reference I'd like to refer you to this link:

http://community.livejournal.com/shi...o/157549.html?

If anything, it proves there's tons of development.

As far as any other possible arguement against your lame, bias, and generally bad arguement for NaruSaku, I'll let I'MNOTCRAZY handle it, if he doesn't mind. I'm too wiped out to poke holes in it right now.
I can NOT believe you!!! Posting a link to a manifesto that you didn't write instead of arguing!!! I'm appalled!!! But I don't mind being let to grind the lame, biased, and generally bad arguement for NaruSaku into sawdust. XD

Quote:
I think HinaNaru is more accurate because Hinata is the one who likes Naruto and she's probably going to be the one to try and initiate the relationship, should she ever get around to it, and as far as I've seen, the feeling isn't really mutual. Naruto hasn't really got much of a clue that Hinata even holds him in such a high regard.

I believed it was clearly obvious that Naruto held deeper feelings for Sakura when he not only smiled and walked away in the hospital scene, but he smiled despite himself when she begged him to bring Sasuke back and promised that he would.
Personally, I sincerely doubt that Naruto saw Sakura as "competition" against Sasuke. Doubtless, there was jealousy, but to actually suggest that he would go for a girl because she liked Sasuke (that is what you said, isn't it?)? That's just not Naruto's character.

Honestly, I'm not trying to start a debate. I just don't see the things in NaruHina/HinaNaru that you see, and I probably never will. It wasn't meant to disrespect you (or anyone else for that matter).
1st off, the order is traditionally male first. That is how things have been done and that is how they will remain to be done. As for how Naruto doesn't realize her affections, that could EASILY change and there's always the prevolent chance of Naruto developing his own feelings towards her. Just by looking at her, you can see how that would arise. Of all of the rookies, she changed the most, not just in wardrobe, but in her actual physical appearance for the better. MUCH better. Why would Kishi do this? To get through to a thickheaded, oblivious, perverted guy who would respond to some close encounters with her. That is the only reasonable explanation.

I don't see how that has ANYTHING to do with love on a non-platonic level. That is, again, easily classified as more brother-sisterly. Deeper? Yes. Romantic? NO.

He, consciously, did not. But there was obviously some influence from her chasing after Sasuke... UT is better at explaining this...

Honestly, you started one by saying what you did, whether you meant to start one or not. If you are going to offend someone's fandom, expect their wrath.

want to see what FC's I'm in? click V
I'MNOTCRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:52 AM   #129
HinataFanX
Chuunin

HinataFanX will become famous soon enoughHinataFanX will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I can NOT believe you!!! Posting a link to a manifesto that you didn't write instead of arguing!!! I'm appalled!!! But I don't mind being let to grind the lame, biased, and generally bad arguement for NaruSaku into sawdust. XD
Sorry, man, my brain's just fried and running out of juice today. I won't go into, it, but thanks for taking up the torch this time. I'll be back and ready tomorrow. (that is, if there's any more to debate. You seem to wrap it all up pretty well )

FCs I'm In:

Old 03-21-2008, 01:08 AM   #130
ralatone
Chuunin

ralatone is on a distinguished road

Ive just started reading a NaruSakuSasu Fan Fic and I gotta say it's pretty good, as long as you can accept some yaoi. It hits the charcters personalities pretty much dead on, the only thing is that the fic was started before the Naruto Sasuke fight at the valley of the end. So you see pre-time skip personalities but the author has been keeping their personalities true to their current traits.

Dont knock it, at least give it a look.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2000157/1/Teamwork

This is the first series, there is the second one after this, and the third one just recently started.

Enjoy!
Old 03-21-2008, 01:49 AM   #131
Highspeed0516
Chuunin

Highspeed0516 will become famous soon enoughHighspeed0516 will become famous soon enoughHighspeed0516 will become famous soon enough

How Yaoi are we talking, lol. I think I'll steer clear for now.

I notice you changed the subject . . .

*looks back at the page with long NaruHina arguments*

*cringes*

I'm too tired to get into this right now. But if what Naruto feels for Sakura is just a crush . . . then it follows that what Hinata feels for Naruto is also just a crush. Two sides of the same coin.

*ducks behind flame shield*

Now chew on that for a little while and think about where I am going with this . . .

I'll be back as soon as Dattebayo finishes the dad-gum sub of the reunion.

Old 03-21-2008, 01:58 AM   #132
UchihaTaijiya
sublimis ab unda

Thanked 3,311 Times in 1,248 Posts
UchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond repute

NaruHina isn't crack. ^^; It's not an off-the-wall pairing in any way. It gets attention in canon (still waiting on something big in Part II though), and is acknowledged in the databooks, in video games, in the anime, the fillers, konoha gakuen special, etc.

And yes, in part I, Naruto's view of Hinata was transformed. She told him of her admiration and lifted his spirits. A lot of people like to exaggerate Hinata's shyness around Naruto... and also knock down what transpired between them... but Naruto let down his guard with Hinata, and spoke about his fears. He keeps up a smile around most others...

Kinda like when Sasuke started telling Sakura about how 'he cried that night' and that he had to 'kill him', during the bell test. Sakura didn't fully understand what he was talking about, but its very unusual for Sasuke to admit to any weakness at all. So I wonder why he told her that he had cried...

I just like that. Its nice seeing Naruto and Sasuke let down their walls, even for a moment. And I liked how they each did it with Hinata and Sakura. :3 Its just nice. XD

And I am dreaming of them on the plains
Dirtying up their beds
Watching for some sign of rain to cool their hot heads

And how dare that you send me that card when I'm doing all that I can do
You are forcing me to remember when all I want is to just forget you

If the tiger shall protect her young then tell me how did you slip by
All my instincts have failed me for once
I must have somehow slept the whole night

And I am dreaming of them with their kill
Tearing it all apart
Blood dripping from their lips and teeth sinking into heart

And how dare that you say you'll call
When you know I need some peace of mind
If you have to take sides with the animals
Won't you do it with one who is kind

And if the hawks in the trees need the dead
If you're living you don't stand a chance
For a time though you share the same bed
There are only two ends to this dance

You can flee with your wounds just in time or lie there as he feeds
Watching yourself ripped to shreds and laughing as you bleed

So for those of you falling in love keep it kind
Keep it good
Keep it right
Throw yourself in the midst of danger but keep one eye open at night

UchihaTaijiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 01:59 AM   #133
Kitten
Academy Student

Quote:
Couple debates, debates in general, are all going to be biased. Both sides can pull out as much evidence as they want, but so long as they remain steadfast and stubborn in their ideas, there's hardly ever going to be an ending to it. Opinions are opinions.

As for my "lame, bias, and generally bad argument", you'll have to forgive me if I'm analytically dyslexic and am not nearly as talented as you are in expressing myself properly.

@ralatone: Read a bit of it; looks good. Thanks for the rec.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:13 AM   #134
Highspeed0516
Chuunin

Quote:
Couple debates, debates in general, are all going to be biased. Both sides can pull out as much evidence as they want, but so long as they remain steadfast and stubborn in their ideas, there's hardly ever going to be an ending to it. Opinions are opinions.

As for my "lame, bias, and generally bad argument", you'll have to forgive me if I'm analytically dyslexic and am not nearly as talented as you are in expressing myself properly.

@ralatone: Read a bit of it; looks good. Thanks for the rec.

Well said. However,

There are two things that can be said of pairings in an objective manner, and you can't have one without the other.

The first is that ulitmatly this is Kishimoto's story, and usually if we try and guess his intent, we can stay free of bias.

The only way we stay free of bias in this regard however is to admit to ourselves that anything he as the writer wishes to happen will. Therefore, anything that makes sense within the context of the story is possible.

This means *yay* <---- bias
NaruSaku
ShikaTema

. . .likely

It also means *boooo* <---- also bias
SasuSaku
NaruHina

. . . equally likely

and in the background there are stirrings of

well just about anything. Even the crack ones. Probably not Yaoi, cuz I don't think that would be included in Kishi's intent. But then again, he did put that one *cough* scene with Konhamaru playing a trick on Sakura. (STOP RIGHT THERE HIGHSPEED - BAD SPOILER!)

Last edited by Highspeed0516; 03-21-2008 at 02:16 AM.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:18 AM   #135
HinataFanX
Chuunin

Quote:
Opinions may be opinions but facts are also facts. I base my fandom off of Kishi's straight facts and clues as given in the Manga and databooks. If you'd have read through that link I posted you would have seen quite a few of those straight facts. I also base it off of Kishi's factual, data-based info which supports SasuSaku moreso than NaruSaku as it. When you base an opinion and personal preference off of the facts, it no longer becomes "just an opinion." If it's based in fact, than it's going to be more factual. How many mentions of the word "love" do you want? How many instances of romantic interaction and/or development? How many examples from Kishi do you need? I have it and can provide it, but I don't think I need to. Yes, your side may happen. But I say, based on facts, clues, and evidence, that my side of it is more likely to happen at the heart of it.

Quote:
I'm too tired to get into this right now. But if what Naruto feels for Sakura is just a crush . . . then it follows that what Hinata feels for Naruto is also just a crush. Two sides of the same coin.
I'm not letting you get off saying that. Naruto had a crush, simple. It was liking Sakura because of 2 things: he thought she looked nice, and he admired her for wanting to be noticed (something he also found later in Hinata). After that, they grew a bond closer, yes, but not romantic. It was that of a brother-sister bond, as they would and should develop. Hell, Naruto even accepts Sakura's feelings for Sasuke as shown in several places in which he witnessed her affection for him (the hospital, her begging to bring Sasuke back, etc.). With Hinata, she admired him from day one. She always liked him, and had feelings beyond a crush. She acknowledged him because noone else did, yet he had a ton of confidence. See the scene at the training grounds before the chuunin exams for her entire list of reasons. She also referes to it during her fight with Neji and Naruto's fight with Kiba. In the databooks it uses the word "love" to describe her feelings for him. Now tell me this: Why would Kishi even include a character with the specific purpose of building confidence through Naruto, acknowledging him when noone else did, and having development with him on a similarly romantic level every time they're shown together, despite her not being one of the main characters, and then just not do anything with her after that? If NaruSaku happened, it would almost defeat the purpose of her entire character even on Kishi's level for creating her in the first place, as she was obviously designed for the certain reasons as mentioned above and more, all involving her connection with Naruto except for her ties to the Hyuuga clan, which actually only helps my purpose due to her past and family occurences, which ties directly into her connections with Naruto and her admiration of him.

Anyway, I think I made a decent point. It's 3:18 am, I'm tired, and I'm gonna go to bed. Either way, I know it won't matter, but at least read what I wrote.

FCs I'm In: