White Racism - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Old 03-31-2008, 04:43 PM   #1
prez420
Chuunin

prez420 is on a distinguished roadprez420 is on a distinguished road
White Racism

Recently the obama/wright story brought to light a very serious problem that is prevalent through out the black culture but not limited to them exclusively, white racism. There is a huge double standard when it comes to determining what is considered racist views among whites and just about every other race on earth. I am sure we have all seen it evidence of this but ether demissed it or simply ignored it all together.

For those of you that doubt this just get a black friend to walk in crowded room mixed with various races of people and say something racist like "Those crackers at school love their mayo". Then get a white friend to walk into the same room and say "Those niggas at school love their chicken". Then watch the difference in the reactions from the crowd. It's not limited to just situations like that. You see it on black tv shows the whole cast will be black and the one white person on the show is always geeky/nerdy while the black people are generally portrayed as cool.

These are just a few examples of white racism there are plenty more but for the sake of not making a wall of text I'll stop there for now so I can see how others view this subject.

Last edited by prez420; 03-31-2008 at 04:45 PM.
prez420 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-31-2008, 04:54 PM   #2
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough
Re: White Racism

How about we forget about this thoughtcrime and let people think what people think. I mean we can bitch all day about how each culture is racist, but in the end you can't really stop it without being some sort of tyrant and force someone into believing what you believe. I mean, most people have a problem with religion doing that to people so I would assume that people would feel the same way about people doing that to people.

- Heraclitus
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 07:15 PM   #3
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all

What's your point? Of course racism exists. Ever notice that Disney only portrayed latinos as cats in all of their movies? Ever watched the WB? So what?
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:39 AM   #4
Mashed Potato
sunshine and biscuits

Mashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the rough

He's talking about the double standards set by blacks, whom passionately oppose anti-black racial slurs yet talk about "crackers" so loosely.

We have to take two things into consideration:
1) The history of the US
2) The fact that blacks are a minority.

1) Looking back on the years of Negro lynching and ardent hatred, I think its safe to say that white america needs to STFU when whining about blacks slurring whites.
2) Blacks are a minority. 'nuff said. Not saying that this justifies their attitude, but you've got to take it into consideration.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:52 AM   #5
Shikamaru2007
Special Jounin

Shikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of light

Racism Is A disease Whatever Its Kind , White , Black or Latino

I am So Glad that I don' have it ....

- FanClubs -
The Proud Owner Of :
Join Us at : Final Fantasy FC
A Proud Member Of :
~ The Official Shikamaru FC ~
~ The Uzumaki Naruto FC ~
~ The New Gaara Offical FanClub ~
~ The New Uchiha Clan FC ~
~ Kingdom Hearts FC ~

A Proud Co-Owner Of :
~ The "NEW" Madara Uchiha FC ~
Shikamaru2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:23 AM   #6
Miburo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potato View Post
He's talking about the double standards set by blacks, whom passionately oppose anti-black racial slurs yet talk about "crackers" so loosely.

We have to take two things into consideration:
1) The history of the US
2) The fact that blacks are a minority.

1) Looking back on the years of Negro lynching and ardent hatred, I think its safe to say that white america needs to STFU when whining about blacks slurring whites.
2) Blacks are a minority. 'nuff said. Not saying that this justifies their attitude, but you've got to take it into consideration.
I hate to do this, but I've gotta disagree. I see no reason to take either one of those points into consideration when dealing with the use of racial slurs and shit. Either they're against racism or they're not. I know I didn't lynch any negros and I've got no control over the population spread. It'd be impossible for any minority to justify being racists to whites, yet still claim that racism is wrong. Can't have special treatment and equality. It's one or the other.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:26 AM   #7
skwee
Hunter-Nin

skwee is infamous around these partsskwee is infamous around these partsskwee is infamous around these parts

I agree with Miburo,they say all of our suppression on there race was wrong and unjustified.It was enslavement of any group of people is wrong,but everyone from that time is dead,I dont see why we should have to take crap for what our ancestors did.The crimes they commited does not exuse black people from being racist today.Just because the people you descended from where mistreated by the people I was descended from(Not me specifically my family moved here after the banning of slavery.)Does not make racism ok,you werent enslaved your ancestors were,we didnt enslave you our ansesctors did.If you dont let go of the past you cannot hope for a brighter future.

You cant claim my people were racist and then say it's wrong,but then say it's ok for you to be racist,it's just too hypocritical.

"There are things you want to hear,and things you need to hear,
and I am here to tell them to you..."-Skwee
skwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:48 AM   #8
OffTheChain

OffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure Evil

Perhaps in America (and in some places), some have the frame of mind that white people are a powerful majority that can get away with anything, and because of past history, they are the last people that should complain about racism.
Whether it is true or not, I don't think anyone should be racist at all, or consider one race to be more racist than the other. Everyone in the world has the potential to be racist period. It's not just black people, it's not just white people. Everyone.

Quote:
You see it on black tv shows the whole cast will be black and the one white person on the show is always geeky/nerdy while the black people are generally portrayed as cool
Lol. Well on tv you sometimes get black people portrayed as drug addicts and gangsters. Chinese people as kung-fu masters who are XX-dan belt and can't speak good english. South-East asians as terrorists. Is being portrayed as a nerd really that bad?

Last edited by OffTheChain; 04-01-2008 at 11:50 AM.
OffTheChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:51 PM   #9
flareofdragon
Hunter-Nin

flareofdragon is on a distinguished roadflareofdragon is on a distinguished road

Sometimes, because when you are a majority, it kinda feels like you guys don't know when to stop. I remember in my work when they all made racist comments at the same time, and because of the situation, I had a hard time believing they were joking. I am sure a white kid feels something similar to it in a black neighborhood.

I am sure there is a psychological aspect to this.

Its really not that big of a deal. Its only when you feel alienated and ganged up on that it becomes nasty.

flareofdragon.deviantart.com
flareofdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:13 PM   #10
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all

Quote:
Ho-hum. I know white people who claim to be against racism and yet they still cross the street whenever they're downtown and they see a black guy with a chain coming down the block. These kinds of things happen. People are racist? People have double standards? Oh my God! You've opened my eyes because I never knew that this sort of thing existed!

What's to debate here again?
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:39 PM   #11
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAztek View Post
Ho-hum. I know white people who claim to be against racism and yet they still cross the street whenever they're downtown and they see a black guy with a chain coming down the block. These kinds of things happen. People are racist? People have double standards? Oh my God! You've opened my eyes because I never knew that this sort of thing existed!

What's to debate here again?
Amen, Amen! /blackBaptistchurchmemberimpression

I mean seriously, get over it people. Why are we so used to restricting free speech and free thought. Just worry about your own thoughts and we will worry about ours. Getting rid of racism bye forcing someone to not be racist will not better the world. The world would be better off if we who try to not be "as racist" (because everyone is to some degree) would become tolerent and shrug it off. Now when extremists start commiting violent and or other extreme acts, then the people of the community might want to step in. Please, do not use the government to get your point across. You just add to the list of ways the tyrants can take over.

- Heraclitus

Last edited by RNB; 04-01-2008 at 05:04 PM.
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:38 AM   #12
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

Gonna agree with Miburo also. Just because a certain "race" was hated on by another in the past [no matter how great/violent this hatred was] doesnt mean that the one that was hated can go and do the same shyte back. [that's more of "revenge" than a justification for hate lol] In the US, it's typically only "black and white" ...everyone else is pretty much invisible or "in the gray." It's funny how pretty much anyone that isnt black or white dont matter even when they too are hated lol [the main reason being that the hate on them "isnt as strong" or it might not be "backed up" with history...fuck that shyte <.<]

i also agree with RNB...u can inform people about it, and hope they do the right thing, but forcing people wont do any good, more often than not, they'll end up doing the complete opposite XD

DA-whether racism can be justified or not i guess <.< lol

//and lulz...thoughtcrime
Old 04-02-2008, 02:08 AM   #13
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

YoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these parts

As obvious as it is, racism exists everywhere. It's not surprising that there would be White Racism. I think only people who think their race is more superior than others would think it's an outrage for their own race to be a victim to racism. =/
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAztek View Post
What's your point? Of course racism exists. Ever notice that Disney only portrayed latinos as cats in all of their movies? Ever watched the WB? So what?
And this isn't true. In Disney's Oliver & Company, there was a Latino dog. =D

1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2|hope to be more active...

yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshi toshi
YoshiToshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:28 AM   #14
prez420
Chuunin

prez420 is on a distinguished roadprez420 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckboy View Post
Amen, Amen! /blackBaptistchurchmemberimpression

I mean seriously, get over it people. Why are we so used to restricting free speech and free thought. Just worry about your own thoughts and we will worry about ours. Getting rid of racism bye forcing someone to not be racist will not better the world. The world would be better off if we who try to not be "as racist" (because everyone is to some degree) would become tolerent and shrug it off. Now when extremists start commiting violent and or other extreme acts, then the people of the community might want to step in. Please, do not use the government to get your point across. You just add to the list of ways the tyrants can take over.
You don't seem to understand that racism directly leads to violent acts. Do you think the KKK sprang up out of the blue, its foundation was created in racism. Its not about restricting free speech its about protecting it. Case in point because of racial tensions its next to impossible for a white person to say anything against the way most black run their families or their career and be taken seriously by the black population even if they have doctorates in family/career management. A black person that is less qualified can go to the very same black population and his advice will be accepted.

Racism breeds racism thats a fact. Racism is like a forest fire it starts small but if nothing is done about it then it soon grows into a wild fire.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:03 AM   #15
flareofdragon
Hunter-Nin

flareofdragon is on a distinguished roadflareofdragon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You don't seem to understand that racism directly leads to violent acts.
No, your situation is not even close saying that. You are over-analyzing this.

And what about the Obama situation?

flareofdragon.deviantart.com
flareofdragon is offline   Reply With Quote