Contest Talk - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Graphics Design > Contests

Contests This is where all the SOTW and COTW competitions will be held. Bring your A game or end up crying.

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 09:06 AM   #1
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all
Contest Talk

After certain contests... failed to finish? Yeah let's go with that, I thought it was about time to start a new one. Both to give the large number of graphics people something to do and to maaaybe get activity on this forum a little higher. Though I don't want to start one without knowing that there are at least a few people interested in going for it.

There are a few ways I wanted to go about this.

- First would be having the typical everyone against everyone freestyle.

- Second is having everyone against everyone, but then out of every fight the people with the top half scores pass through to the next round where again everyone fights against everyone but after the first freestyle challenge the next ones become everyone creating a tag out of an idea I or someone else comes up with.

- Third is having everyone go against every one in a sort of entry battle. Then the top 8 (or 16 depending on the number of initial entries) scores go ahead and get randomly places against one and other until 6 of the people get eliminated and we're left with a final one on one battle.

- Fourth would be having everyone split up into 4 groups, then making them battle against each other till there's one clear winner from each group and then those go into semi-finals and finals. (Think of it like a graphics world cup)

So yeah those are a few ideas I had for it, would be good to see which one people like best or if they have anything they might want to add on to them. Apart from the first idea the rest of these contests would take a while to complete, I think I'll be able to get through the whole contest but right now all that's needed is a final idea and a good handful of people interested (at least 8 I would say) of any skill level, this could end up being a great way to sharpen your skills and become a lot better even if you end up losing.

I'll leave this up to you lot now.

-------------

In:
OTC
Swt
ITzANIlluZion
Kina
Grimmjow
Ero
xXmagnesiumXx
goku100
Mystik
Kushina
jimmer45khb
Lonely Ninja
Ninja48
Wave
Narutofreak.Jr
Bod

Last edited by Demi-God; 04-05-2008 at 01:22 PM.

Old 04-02-2008, 11:14 AM   #2
OffTheChain

OffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure Evil
Re: Contest Talk

1 min nicely spent lol

I wanna join, for the fun of it...and to have a reason to make tags again XD
I like the idea. Wouldn't you need judges? Or are you gonna be the judge.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:36 PM   #3
Demi-God
BEST

Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

That was awesome. o_o Mind if I use part of it for an avatar? <.<

Hmm, I'm not sure about the judges. Usually if people judge they wont be able to join the contest, so I end up losing some good participants. So either I could judge them all if people trust my judgment enough or I could pick a few people who have graphics knowledge but won't join the contest... if I can find any.

Last edited by Demi-God; 04-02-2008 at 12:37 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:51 PM   #4
OffTheChain

OffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure Evil

Ah yeh, going to be hard.
Sure you can. Take the url though cause spoilers lower the quality.

Last edited by OffTheChain; 04-02-2008 at 12:52 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:41 PM   #5
Swtvi3tboi08
Eat Ma Meat!

Swtvi3tboi08 is a jewel in the roughSwtvi3tboi08 is a jewel in the roughSwtvi3tboi08 is a jewel in the roughSwtvi3tboi08 is a jewel in the roughSwtvi3tboi08 is a jewel in the roughSwtvi3tboi08 is a jewel in the rough

Edit: Fuck it, I'm in. >_>;
@OTC, LOL! Awesome pic.

Thanks Terri.

Last edited by Swtvi3tboi08; 04-02-2008 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:24 PM   #6
ITzANIllUZion
ANBU

ITzANIllUZion has a spectacular aura aboutITzANIllUZion has a spectacular aura aboutITzANIllUZion has a spectacular aura aboutITzANIllUZion has a spectacular aura aboutITzANIllUZion has a spectacular aura about

well im semi-in..depending on what the final choice on what we will be doing.

One of the Badass Shinobi

Thnx OG

N48 vs Me

Old 04-02-2008, 04:25 PM   #7
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

*steps in* Hmmmn... I guess I'm up for a challenge.

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Old 04-02-2008, 04:43 PM   #8
Grimmjow
SCHITT

Grimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of light

I'm in. If I don't get busy or forget lol.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:40 PM   #9
Ero
//Sin\\

Ero has a spectacular aura aboutEro has a spectacular aura aboutEro has a spectacular aura aboutEro has a spectacular aura aboutEro has a spectacular aura about

*checks for no Mag, nin48 or any other overly good gfxer*
shur why not.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:30 PM   #10
xXmagnesiumXx
'光和雨

xXmagnesiumXx will become famous soon enoughxXmagnesiumXx will become famous soon enoughxXmagnesiumXx will become famous soon enough

I'm sowwy Ero, but I want in =P
Old 04-02-2008, 06:33 PM   #11
goku100
I own j00!

goku100 will become famous soon enoughgoku100 will become famous soon enough

Oh dear lord, havn't done this shit in like 2 years O.O!

Im in for one last time...
Old 04-02-2008, 07:08 PM   #12
Demi-God
BEST

Good stuff. o.o Already 8 people, but I think there can be quite a lot more. I'll give this a day or two more before finally starting it.

Now it's just down to is it going to be a league/elimination kinda fight or an all against all kinda thing? So I just need to know if anyone has any ideas or preferences or if I can just do which ever one I want and you'll all be happy with it.

ITzA - Which kind of thing would you rather be doing?

Last edited by Demi-God; 04-02-2008 at 07:10 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:11 PM   #13
Mystik
Im a Bitch

Mystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant future

i personally think an all out battle would be good to start off... then if you have another contest do eliminations but thats just my opinion.. >.<
Old 04-02-2008, 07:14 PM   #14
Demi-God
BEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik View Post
i personally think an all out battle would be good to start off... then if you have another contest do eliminations but thats just my opinion.. >.<

So that would mean running two contests. I would do an all out battle but it just seems a little boring and quick, elimination one kind of makes it a bit more fun.

Also you in?...
Old 04-02-2008, 07:15 PM   #15
Mystik
Im a Bitch

Mystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant future

thats true to... not sure... there are already so many awesome sig makers in it... mine would look noobish lol >.<
Closed Thread