Jiraiya or Orochumaru - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

View Poll Results: Who would win?
Jiraiya 135 80.36%
Orochumaru 20 11.90%
tie 13 7.74%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-10-2008, 07:46 PM   #1
liondemon
Missing Kage

liondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of light
Jiraiya or Orochumaru

Based on what we know of their past, Sarutobi's personal remarks, their jutsu and abilities that we have seen them use, their battle when Orochumaru left the village, and their lives thereafter, who do u think would win in a one on one fight.

Wisdom, compassion, and courage are the three universally recognized moral qualities of men.
Confucius

There is a wisdom of the head and a wisdom of the heart.
Charles Dickens

To be satisfied with a little is the greatest wisdom; and he that increaseth his riches, increaseth his cares; but a contented mind is a hidden treasure, and trouble findeth it not.
Akhenaton

It is the nature of the wise to resist pleasures, but the foolish to be a slave to them.
Epictetus

It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is nothing if the audience is deaf.
Walter Lippmann

Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment.
Lao Tzu

It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life.
Elizabeth Kenny
liondemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2008, 07:48 PM   #2
Namikaze85
Missing-Nin

Namikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Jiraiya or Orochumaru

We didn't see shit of their battle just a 1 second glimpse and yeah jiraiya beats out oro easily.

Toad stomach is enough to kill oro using hermit mode is not even needed unless oro gained amaterasu somehow lmfaoo.

Last edited by Namikaze85; 04-10-2008 at 07:50 PM.
Namikaze85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 07:50 PM   #3
liondemon
Missing Kage

liondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namikaze85 View Post
We didn't see shit of their battle just a 1 second glimpse and yeah jiraiya beats out oro easily.
but we know how it ended right?

Wisdom, compassion, and courage are the three universally recognized moral qualities of men.
Confucius

Charles Dickens

To be satisfied with a little is the greatest wisdom; and he that increaseth his riches, increaseth his cares; but a contented mind is a hidden treasure, and trouble findeth it not.
Akhenaton

It is the nature of the wise to resist pleasures, but the foolish to be a slave to them.
Epictetus

It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is nothing if the audience is deaf.
Walter Lippmann

Lao Tzu

Elizabeth Kenny
Old 04-10-2008, 07:51 PM   #4
MikeyM1979
Hokage

MikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Based on what we know of their past, Sarutobi's personal remarks, their jutsu and abilities that we have seen them use, their battle when Orochumaru left the village, and their lives thereafter, who do u think would win in a one on one fight.
You know what's really kind of sad, and somewhat pathetic? Is that you get every single one of your points turned back at you in the versus thread, and you turn around and make a poll to say otherwise lol. Talk about a pitty party.

Sir, if you're going to do this, then make sure you also include ALL of their battles, not just the ones that make your side better. If we're to include statements and remarks, make sure that ALL are included, even those from Itachi, not just ones that benefit you and YOUR side of things. It makes you sound really bias and fanboyish.
MikeyM1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 07:51 PM   #5
Namikaze85
Missing-Nin

Namikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
but we know how it ended right?
Nope we don't lmfaooo because we didn't see the ending jiraiya could have had the chance to kill him but chose not to kinda like naruto and sasuke duhhh.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:54 PM   #6
liondemon
Missing Kage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyM1979 View Post
You know what's really kind of sad, and somewhat pathetic? Is that you get every single one of your points turned back at you in the versus thread, and you turn around and make a poll to say otherwise lol. Talk about a pitty party.

Sir, if you're going to do this, then make sure you also include ALL of their battles, not just the ones that make your side better. If we're to include statements and remarks, make sure that ALL are included, even those from Itachi, not just ones that benefit you and YOUR side of things. It makes you sound really bias and fanboyish.

I couldnt get anywhere with u talking common sense so i wanted to hear other opinions from hopefully non Jiraiya fanboys. Sorry if that is pathetic. It's my party and I'll cry if i want to

Confucius

Charles Dickens

Akhenaton

Epictetus

Walter Lippmann

Lao Tzu

Elizabeth Kenny

Last edited by liondemon; 04-10-2008 at 07:57 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:56 PM   #7
MikeyM1979
Hokage

MikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud of

Quote:
I couldnt get anywhere with u talking common sense
Translation: I gave no proof that Orochimaru can beat Jiraiya, so I'd better go make a poll, as if that changes anything.

Quote:
so i wanted to hear other opinions from hopefully non Jiraiya fanboys.
Again, I'm not a Jiraiya fanboy. I've even commented in a PM to Nami on how I'm shocked I find myself even defending him here.

Quote:
Soory if that is pathetic. It's my part and I'll cry if i want to
Apparently.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:58 PM   #8
Namikaze85
Missing-Nin

Wow pathetic much you got your ass handed to you by mikey and I and now you turn to the members for pitty.

you forgot to mention the fact that oro got his ass handed to him by a blink from an 11 year old got his ass kicked by a 69 year old even though he was fighting 3 on 1 got his ass kicked by 4 tails naruto and needed to run away then got his ass kicked by sasuke then got killed for good by itachi again who was barely standing lmfaooo.

Jiraiya died yes but at the hands of Pein 6 on 1 and manged 4 kills showing us a lot of his power jiraiya is far better then oro toad stomach can kill oro hell swamp can kill oro hm isn't even needed.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:58 PM   #9
liondemon
Missing Kage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyM1979 View Post
Translation: I gave no proof that Orochimaru can beat Jiraiya, so I'd better go make a poll, as if that changes anything.

Again, I'm not a Jiraiya fanboy. I've even commented in a PM to Nami on how I'm shocked I find myself even defending him here.

Apparently.
The proof is in how Orochuamru was superior all their lives, when they left, and how they both lived their lives since then. It's common sense

Confucius

Charles Dickens

Akhenaton

Epictetus

Walter Lippmann

Lao Tzu

Elizabeth Kenny
Old 04-10-2008, 08:00 PM   #10
Mystik
Im a Bitch

Mystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant future

i voted for Jiraiya
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 08:02 PM   #11
MikeyM1979
Hokage

Quote:
The proof is in how Orochuamru was superior all their lives, when they left, and how they both lived their lives since then. It's common sense
Uh huh.

Orochimaru tried to learn every jutsu by trying to gain the Sharingan. Now, had he been the genius you say he is, he would have known his quest was full of pure failure the second he was owned by Itachi. And Itachi was a CHILD. After that, he lived the rest of his life as Sasuke's bitch. Some life he lived.

Let's compare how both of their lives were ended, shall we?

Jiraiya was killed by Pain, the leader of Akatsuki. Who is a Rinnegan user, Rinnegan, being superior to Sharingan and Byakugan. And it took Pain six of his bodies to take Jiraiya down. And Jiraiya actually KILLED Pain's bodies FOUR times.

Now let's look at how Orochimaru died. Sasuke killed him in his real form, then took the poor homeless snake in as his bitch. Then he was killed by a damn near dead Itachi.

I don't know about you, but Jiraiya died a better death.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:02 PM   #12
Namikaze85
Missing-Nin

Hence from this day on thou shall be known as "Lion coward or lion fail" I doub thee.

Jiraiya better stronger then oror end of story go cry somewhere else please.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:07 PM   #13
MikeyM1979
Hokage

Jiraiya....here is his profile and some information: http://www.leafninja.com/fullbio.php?p=Jiraiya

Honestly, Swamp of the Underworld would do away with Orochimaru. Handicapped Jiraiya was able to nearly sink a huge snake summon of Orochimarus', a healthy Jiraiya's Swamp would do away with him quickly. If not, then his Toad Stomach bind would. If not, then he can always go Hermit Mode (not that he needs to), and use Frog Song genjutsu to utterly own Orochimaru worse than Itachi and Sasuke have. It's pretty well known that Orochimaru is weak against genjutsu.

Hm. He has toad summons for both offense and defense, doton, katon, suiton, oil techniques, hair techniques, two forms of Rasengan, a genjutsu almost as broken than Tsukuyomi, that Orochimaru can't avoid, super speed and strength, along with taijutsu, while in Hermit Mode.....what else? Nami...take it from here. I have to go lol.

Last edited by MikeyM1979; 04-10-2008 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:39 PM   #14
Torn2Shredz
Academy Student

Torn2Shredz is an unknown quantity at this point

I actually voted for a tie considering. The only fight that Orochimaru had in which he was somewhat serious was against the third. Even then I don't think he was fighting all out. I believe that he just wanted to torture Sarutobi before killing him and got caught. Not to mention that the third was "the greatest of the five" 60 some years old or not. Same goes for when he fought the 4 tails. He simply wanted to test Naruto, he had no intention of killing him or fighting him seriously, he just wanted to see how good he was compared to Sasuke. Besides Orochimaru really doesn't stack up well against genjutsu users, Jariha, save that one frog song genjutsu doesn't have any others. Orochimaru could simply negate that by gouging out his ears. Once that's done it's pretty much even in my eyes. As for that swamp of the underworld so what? Orochimaru can extend his body and puke up another one of himself. Add in the fact that Orochimaru could also ressurect Deidera, the Fourth, the Third and so forth and next thing you know Jariha isn't doing too well. As for the frog stomach bind the only way that could be pulled off is if it were indoors. As for the defense against super strength why does he need it? He took the best punches Tsunade could throw at him with realtive ease and she has the heaviest hits in the series. Oh, and it also helps that Orochimaru is practically un-killable via physical attacks.

Last edited by Torn2Shredz; 04-10-2008 at 09:40 PM.
Torn2Shredz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:51 PM   #15
MikeyM1979
Hokage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2Shredz View Post
Orochimaru could simply negate that by gouging out his ears.
Assuming Orochimaru even knows about that specific genjutsu, let alone Hermit Mode. I doubt Jiraiya has seen Oro's White Snake form, and I doubt Oro has seen Jiraiya's Hermit Mode.

Quote:
As for that swamp of the underworld so what? Orochimaru can extend his body and puke up another one of himself.
He can't do it all day, though. Another thing is that Jiraiya can pretty much make the radius of the swamp as large or small as he sees fit. Handicapped Jiraiya's swamp was large enough to nearly sink a giant snake summon, that made Oro and Jiraiya look extremely small. A swamp from a healthy Jiraiya would no doubt sink Oro, and no amount of body spitting would save him, since he'd just be spitting the body out into more swamp.

Quote:
Add in the fact that Orochimaru could also ressurect Deidera, the Fourth, the Third and so forth and next thing you know Jariha isn't doing too well.
So, Orochimaru suddenly has Deidara's DNA? And he somehow can use Edo Tensei again, even though the Kages have been sealed up within Death God? That seems quite a bit unfair. Add to that, Oro would need prep time to even use Edo Tensei. If that's the case, then let Jiraiya also have some sort of advantage also.

Quote:
As for the defense against super strength why does he need it? He took the best punches Tsunade could throw at him with realtive ease and she has the heaviest hits in the series.
I guess we've forgotten that she was pretty rusty during that fight, so him taking the punches of a rusty Sannin isn't all that impressive. Also, all those punches were anime only. In the manga, she only punched him once.

Quote:
Oh, and it also helps that Orochimaru is practically un-killable via physical attacks.
But they can damn sure hurt. And he can't keep spitting his body out several times.