Billion Dollar Home - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Old 05-04-2008, 07:59 AM   #1
musicjustin1
Genin

musicjustin1 is infamous around these parts
Billion Dollar Home

Have you heard of the billion dollar house? It is huge!

400,000 square feet, luxury finishes, and killer views.

WOW!!!!!!!!

I know without our fans and the devotion of our fans we wouldn't be here. I don't mean to put them down, but I'm just stating a fact that it is hard to play to people that see you all the time and it takes a lot of fun out of it in some ways.

PART OF THE UZUMAKI FC

musicjustin1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-04-2008, 04:55 PM   #2
shadow_moon
ANBU

shadow_moon is a jewel in the roughshadow_moon is a jewel in the roughshadow_moon is a jewel in the roughshadow_moon is a jewel in the roughshadow_moon is a jewel in the roughshadow_moon is a jewel in the rough
Re: Billion Dollar Home

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/F...ow/3002586.cms

Mukesh Ambani's $2 billion home world's most expensive: Forbes
1 May 2008, 2128 hrs IST,PTI

NEW YORK: The 27-storey skyscraper being built in Mumbai by Mukesh Ambani, the richest person in India, could be the world's largest and costliest home with a price-tag nearing two billion dollar, according to Forbes magazine.

"When the Ambani residence is finished in January, completing a four-year process, it will be 550 feet high with 4,00,000 square feet of interior space," Forbes said in a report on its website.

Earlier in March, Mukesh Ambani was ranked as the fifth richest person in the world with a net worth of 43 billion dollars by the Forbes magazine in its annual list of world's wealthiest billionaires. While Lakshmi Mittal, who is an Indian citizen was ranked higher at fourth, he is a British resident. Among resident Indians, Mukesh was ranked at top.

"The only remotely comparable high-rise property currently on the market is the 70 million dollar triplex penthouse at the Pierre Hotel in New York, designed to resemble a French chateau, and climbing 525 feet in the air," Forbes said in its report titled, "Inside The World's First Billion-Dollar Home."

Mukesh Ambani heads India's most valuable firm Reliance Industries, an oil and petrochemicals giant.

"Like many families with the means to do so, the Ambanis wanted to build a custom home. They consulted with architecture firms Perkins + Will and Hirsch Bedner Associates, the designers behind the Mandarin Oriental, based in Dallas and Los Angeles, respectively," the report said. "Plans were then drawn up for what will be the world's largest and most expensive home: a 27-story skyscraper in downtown Mumbai with a cost nearing 2 billion dollars."

According to Forbes, Mukesh, along with his wife Nita Ambani and three children, currently live in a 22-story Mumbai tower.

The report further noted that the cost for the Ambani residence, called Antilla whose shape is based on Vaastu, would be more than a hotel or high-rise of similar size because of its custom measurements and fittings.

While a hotel or condominium has a common layout, replicated on every floor, and uses the same materials throughout the building, the Ambanis' home has no two alike in either plans or materials used, it said.

"At the request of Nita Ambani, say the designers, if a metal, wood or crystal is part of the ninth-floor design, it shouldn't be used on the eleventh floor, for example. The idea is to blend styles and architectural elements so spaces give the feel of consistency, but without repetition," it said.

"Atop six stories of parking lots, Antilla's living quarters begin at a lobby with nine elevators, as well as several storage rooms and lounges. Down dual stairways with silver-covered railings is a large ballroom with 80 per cent of its ceiling covered in crystal chandeliers."

The report said that Ambanis plan to use the residence occasionally for corporate entertainment also and they want its interiors to have a "distinctly Indian" look and feel.

"The top floors of entertaining space, where Ambani plans to host business guests (or just relax) offer panoramic views of the Arabian Sea... For more temperate days, the family will enjoy a four-story open garden," it noted.

yeah i saw in the web... gezz billion dollar home? why not build worth few million dollars and donate other the million dollars left to the needy....

i hate those rich people....
Old 05-04-2008, 04:56 PM   #3
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Thanked 2,470 Times in 1,137 Posts
Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto. Rich people should learn to do something useful with their money, geez.
Tsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 05:03 PM   #4
Shikamaru2007
Special Jounin

Shikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of light

IS this a House or What ?
1,000,000,000 for a house ... What the heck ?
I dream of a million

- FanClubs -
The Proud Owner Of :
Join Us at : Final Fantasy FC
A Proud Member Of :
~ The Official Shikamaru FC ~
~ The Uzumaki Naruto FC ~
~ The New Gaara Offical FanClub ~
~ The New Uchiha Clan FC ~
~ Kingdom Hearts FC ~

A Proud Co-Owner Of :
~ The "NEW" Madara Uchiha FC ~
Shikamaru2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:53 PM   #5
Genjutsu Genius
Chuunin

Location: In a flower field! Somewhere over that rainboww!! =]
Genjutsu Genius is on a distinguished roadGenjutsu Genius is on a distinguished road

This person's drowning in their money.

That sounds hecka awesome though....who doesn't want a huge mansion?

Fanclubs: [Haruno Sakura, Final Fantasy]**♥

I made my siggy and my avvy! Shuddap, I know I suck!
Flowers!
Genjutsu Genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:12 AM   #6
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

YoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these parts

Damn. I've heard of million-dollar homes... But a billion-dollar home? I'd pay just for a tour of that place. It must be real nice.

1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2|hope to be more active...

yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshi toshi
YoshiToshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:10 PM   #7
Sydnie_J
Missing-Nin

Sydnie_J is an unknown quantity at this point

well i want more than a bill. i want a trillion dolla house
Sydnie_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 04:34 PM   #8
LordKraven
Kyuubi Unleashed

LordKraven is a jewel in the roughLordKraven is a jewel in the roughLordKraven is a jewel in the roughLordKraven is a jewel in the roughLordKraven is a jewel in the roughLordKraven is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugoiNaruto162 View Post
Ditto. Rich people should learn to do something useful with their money, geez.
Lol.. tell me about it.. there are alot of poor people.. like in africa.. and they dont help with a single penny... 5 quid a month doesnt hurt one bit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru2007 View Post
IS this a House or What ?
1,000,000,000 for a house ... What the heck ?
I dream of a million
Lol.. Yeah .. everyone dreams of a 1m house not a 1b .. :S strange.. i'll have to fit that into my dictionary :P

@Sydnie.. Thats too much to ask for anyway..

In my point of view.. instead of having the that house i'd build one suitable for myself and family..
I would open help centers for people around the world.. (my own company..) and i'd help poor people in africa e.c.t

AKA SoulSeeker91//E-Bro:Costigc//Gimme Green Reps//DevArt
Rep Me Green 8D
V T3H FCS V

~:Konoha Kunoichi FC:~ - Proud Member

Final Fantasy FC - Proud Co-Owner

LordKraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 07:25 PM   #9
garra.
Chuunin

garra. will become famous soon enoughgarra. will become famous soon enoughgarra. will become famous soon enough

I'm surprised bill gates wasn't the one to create this house.But this house is to big for my taste,not like I could buy it anyways.