Nintendo Tells Little Girl "She's Fat"! - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Old 06-09-2008, 08:06 AM   #16
Hokage4354
SOTW Host

Hokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Nintendo Tells Little Girl "She's Fat"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greendayfan82905 View Post
I agree. If the girl's parents didn't want their daughter to be called fat, then they shouldn't let her do the Wii BMI test. Plus, if it was done by a video game, it wouldn't be that accurate.
Well, Wii Fit is literally made to do exersices and know your body
movements by your feet, I have it so I should know. The game is accurate.

~~~~~~~~~~

Join Kongregate today!
Hokage4354 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-09-2008, 04:21 PM   #17
dirk667
Claymore Addict

dirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud of

lol, i think it was just some people who saw an excuse to get publicity, and have a lawsuit and make money by bitching. lol, whi weight 11.4 stones. coool ;p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
I give up, dirk beats in all forms of life
Owner of:

Co-Owner of:
Uchiha Itachi FC
New Uchiha Sasuke FC
Member of:
War of the Sharingan FC
New Jirayia FC
I LOVE UCHIHA CLAN
dirk667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:47 PM   #18
ShinobiKnight
Silberner Held

ShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku100 View Post
Heard about this a few weeks ago and the hidden message from nintendo is....

"Its not our fault that your fucking fat"

Don't you just love nintendo, i do <3

But the wii fit is quite fun, obviously i didnt use it to loose weight but for the heck of it. Shame on the girl though, i mean isnt it kinda obvious not to believe a game? use a god damn mirror to see how fat and ugly you are, surely the parents had enough sense but apparently not. If your daughter isn't fat, then why the hell should you be worried. People like this piss me off, blaming video games for everything..."omggg my son killed someone....i blame manhunt"

Its pretty much the parents fault for allowing their son/daughter to buy and play the games in their own home...take responsibility morons.
Fucking win post.

IMO, this is part of the reason obesity is becoming more common. Back in the good old days, if you were obese, and someone called you a fatass, you'd try to lose some weight and change that, and deal with the criticism in the meantime. Now, if someone even implies that a fat person is fat, they start bitching about how everyone is picking on them and how low their self-esteem is and how it's unfair, etc. while doing nothing to solve their weight problem. Being fat, unlike many other things people are commonly picked on for, is something you have the ability to change, or avoid before it happens. So you should.

ShinobiKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 12:58 PM   #19
sheik
S-Ranked Shinobi

sheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enough

I don't know why the girl is blowing it out of proportion....

BMI is not that accurate anyway. It doesn't take in the account the amount of muscle you have. You could be 5'10, 220 pounds and very built, the BMI will not know that and will say you are serverely overweight.

What happened to Typhoon_4434?
made by rasenganfox

sheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:02 PM   #20
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Good job. /pets

4'9'' tall and 84lbs. Hmm, I dunno, would have to see pictures. Still, those BMIs should be taken with a grain of salt anyway. To get a semi-accurate test you need to do that one where they pinch different parts of your body (Can't remember the name of it now. >.<), and even that one is off by a bit most of the time.
Even taken with a grain of salt, 4'9" 84lbs. gives you a BMI of 18.2, which is actually in the "Underweight" category.

That said, how exactly did WiiFit screw up so badly it got an "Overweight" out of the exact opposite?
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:11 PM   #21
Hokage4354
SOTW Host

Hokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of light

Simple, the daughters fat and the fathers a bad liar.

~~~~~~~~~~

Join Kongregate today!
Hokage4354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:08 PM   #22
AkatsukiHunter
Chuunin

AkatsukiHunter will become famous soon enoughAkatsukiHunter will become famous soon enough

*falls over laughing* That. Is. Awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalevolentSasuke View Post
Even taken with a grain of salt, 4'9" 84lbs. gives you a BMI of 18.2, which is actually in the "Underweight" category.

That said, how exactly did WiiFit screw up so badly it got an "Overweight" out of the exact opposite?
Because it is a piece of highly tuned Nintendo technology xD

Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.
AkatsukiHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 08:21 AM   #23
DemonRage
Chuunin

DemonRage is on a distinguished road

Nintendo: "We're sorry, because you're FAT you voided the warranty of your balance board."
DemonRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 09:15 AM   #24
radio_trey
Missing-Nin

radio_trey has a spectacular aura aboutradio_trey has a spectacular aura aboutradio_trey has a spectacular aura aboutradio_trey has a spectacular aura about

wats this about
radio_trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 08:18 PM   #25
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

YoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these parts

If Nintendo says she's fat, she must be fat.

1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2|hope to be more active...

yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshi toshi
YoshiToshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 09:11 PM   #26
radio_trey
Missing-Nin

radio_trey has a spectacular aura aboutradio_trey has a spectacular aura aboutradio_trey has a spectacular aura aboutradio_trey has a spectacular aura about

fat i dont think so nintendo yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
radio_trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 05:25 PM   #27
Mal
Scotch

Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by radio_trey View Post
wats this about
What do you want me to do? Record myself reading out every thread on NL and email the WAV files to you? No can do, that'd take about as much work as it would for you to learn to read, and then do it. It's just not good for me to do all the work for you, you'd never become independent if I did and you'd have to continue to rely on your parents like the average 4 year old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkatsukiHunter View Post
Because it is a piece of highly tuned Nintendo technology xD
Touché.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:21 AM   #28
kenneth20748
Chuunin

kenneth20748 is a jewel in the roughkenneth20748 is a jewel in the roughkenneth20748 is a jewel in the roughkenneth20748 is a jewel in the roughkenneth20748 is a jewel in the rough

If the girl was fit as so claimed by the parents, then what is the big deal. If she was fit as she claims, then why should she care about what a video game says. If you bought the game to lose weight, then you have to come to grips of the harsh reality, but if you bought it for fun, then just excersize and be done with it

kenneth20748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:20 PM   #29
shigshwa
Missing-Nin

shigshwa is an unknown quantity at this point

For her age, she could change weight anytime, considering she is near the age...
shigshwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:10 PM   #30
Mal
Scotch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth20748 View Post
If the girl was fit as so claimed by the parents, then what is the big deal. If she was fit as she claims, then why should she care about what a video game says. If you bought the game to lose weight, then you have to come to grips of the harsh reality, but if you bought it for fun, then just excersize and be done with it
You know absolutely nothing about girls. Thank you for wasting our time.