Gay brains are different - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Old 06-20-2008, 03:12 PM   #1
saskatu
Blitzkrieg

saskatu is an unknown quantity at this point
Gay brains are different

Quote:
The brains of gay men and women look like those found in heterosexual people of the opposite sex, research suggests.
The Swedish study, published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences journal, compared the size of the brain's halves in 90 adults.

Gay men and heterosexual women had halves of a similar size, while the right side was bigger in lesbian women and heterosexual men.
A UK scientist said this was evidence sexual orientation was set in the womb. .

Dr Qazi Rahman, a lecturer in cognitive biology at Queen Mary, University of London, said that he believed that these brain differences were laid down early in foetal development.

"As far as I'm concerned there is no argument any more - if you are gay, you are born gay," he said.

The amygdala, he said, was important because of its role in "orientating", or directing, the rest of the brain in response to an emotional stimulus - be it during the "fight or flight" response, or the presence of a potential mate.

"In other words, the brain network which determines what sexual orientation actually 'orients' towards is similar between gay men and straight women, and between gay women and straight men.

"This makes sense given that gay men have a sexual preference which is like that of women in general, that is, preferring men, and vice versa for lesbian women."
BBC NEWS | Health | Scans see 'gay brain differences'

This is a completely random news i heard in awhile.

saskatu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-20-2008, 03:31 PM   #2
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold
Re: Gay brains are different

I laughed at the title.

Anyways, I have heard that homosexual's brains function differently which causes them to be attracted to the same sex.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 06:30 PM   #3
sheik
S-Ranked Shinobi

sheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enough

I think this is why I feel like a lesbian trapped inside a man's body!

What happened to Typhoon_4434?
made by rasenganfox

sheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 04:38 AM   #4
Kamakazi
Chuunin

Kamakazi is on a distinguished road

That makes a lot of sense that their brain works that way.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:50 AM   #5
Xicidal
Chuunin

Xicidal will become famous soon enoughXicidal will become famous soon enoughXicidal will become famous soon enough

I think there is some truth to this, but I would say amongst gay people there are those who choose to be gay and those that are just gay. Meaning there are ones born and there are ones who choose. Something like this could never be set in stone as one or the other. I think you fail to see that I doubt I could explain it too you.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:15 AM   #6
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
"As far as I'm concerned there is no argument any more - if you are gay, you are born gay," he said.
Seems gays are born not made.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:51 PM   #7
Nolan
Academy Student

Nolan is an unknown quantity at this point

Sure blame it on child birth.

If you choose to be gay it's your fault not the way you were born.

I'm against this homosexual crap but seriously i don't think they should try to attribute this qualities to child birth.

Or maybe they should because that would mean homosexuality is a disease, i'm 100% for that idea.
Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:03 PM   #8
miho_san
seminiferous tubule

miho_san will become famous soon enoughmiho_san will become famous soon enoughmiho_san will become famous soon enough

it's not on child birth that you're gay... there are ltos of theories on why one is gay... one is the astrogen imbalance and another is the social theory...

Mga Adbentyurs ni JunJun

Wapolz' useless quote
Enter if you dare
...I never let my schooling interfere with my education...

member of:

†Official Tamabayan ng NL†

the anti-sasuke fan club

the akatsuki FC

miho_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:00 PM   #9
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by miho_san View Post
it's not on child birth that you're gay... there are ltos of theories on why one is gay... one is the astrogen imbalance and another is the social theory...
I take social relationship and the urge to suck on lollipops, Ring-Pops, baby pacifiers, or any such nonsense.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:18 AM   #10
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Thanked 2,470 Times in 1,137 Posts
Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sure blame it on child birth.

If you choose to be gay it's your fault not the way you were born.

I'm against this homosexual crap but seriously i don't think they should try to attribute this qualities to child birth.

Or maybe they should because that would mean homosexuality is a disease, i'm 100% for that idea.
How much more ignorant could you get?

In a scientifical study, it's been proven, multiple times, that the brains of homosexual individuals are identical to the brains of heterosexual individuals of the opposite sex. Since you seem to be unable to comprehend that statement, let me spell it out for you:

In animals, what attracts us to others are things called pheromones. And, since I'm betting you don't know what those are, here's a simple definition: A pheromone is a chemical which triggers a natural behavioral response in another member of the same species.

When it comes to sex pheromones, heterosexual men and women come in contact with pheromones of the opposite sex and feel attraction - which is a natural behavioral response. Being that homosexuals have the same brains as heterosexuals of the opposite sex, it's as though their brains are wired in reverse. Instead of feeling attraction from coming in contact with the opposite sexual pheromones, they feel attraction from coming in contact with sex pheromones from the same gender.

This is not a voluntary response. It is purely natural, wired into our brains from the day we were born, and there is NOTHING ANYONE CAN DO TO CHANGE IT.

Yeah, there are those people who get so "fed up" with the opposite sex that they "switch" to being homosexual. But let me tell you this - I can bet you that 95% or MORE of those individuals go back to being straight before long. And you know why? Because they can't FORCE themselves to be attracted to something they weren't made to be attracted to.

But 9/10 homosexuals are homosexuals by birth, and they cannot change who they are attracted to. Believe it or not, if people COULD change what gender they were attracted to, homosexuality would not be nearly as widespread as it is. As much as homosexuals get discriminated, hated, bashed, and persecuted for the way they were born, do you really think people would remain homosexual if they could choose to be otherwise? No. Because that doesn't make any fucking sense, does it? That'd be like choosing to be black during slavery, it's just fucking retarded of you to believe that.

Do yourself a favor and keep your prejudiced opinions to yourself. At least then you'll seem smart.
Tsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:20 AM   #11
Hokage4354
SOTW Host

Hokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of light

Holy crap, you spent 10 minutes on that!?!?

I think what Sugoi just said should be added to the article. It helps retards.

~~~~~~~~~~

Join Kongregate today!
Hokage4354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:22 AM   #12
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokage4354
Holy crap, you spent 10 minutes on that!?!?

I think what Sugoi just said should be added to the article. It helps retards.
Wtf you stalker lmao
Old 06-22-2008, 12:23 AM   #13
Hokage4354
SOTW Host

Hokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of light

Nonono, i was checking if you read my post in th Thanking thread thats why.

I kept seeing you here for 10 minutes strait.

~~~~~~~~~~

Join Kongregate today!
Hokage4354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:25 AM   #14
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokage4354
Nonono, i was checking if you read my post in th Thanking thread thats why.

I kept seeing you here for 10 minutes strait.
Oh. xD

Well two-three minutes was spent on reading the article and above posts, though. <_<;
D:
Old 06-22-2008, 01:15 PM   #15
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough

While it could be a natural behavioral response (because experiments show data favoring that argument,) that doesn't mean you can't avoid it. After all, it is natural for us to kill each other in order to save ourselves.

I mean, I am all for equality and everything, but the argument that just because it is natural I should do it doesn't mean it is right. It comes down to your beliefs and philosophy. In the end you can override these natural responses.

- Heraclitus
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote