Gay brains are different - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Old 06-24-2008, 05:39 PM   #31
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough
Re: Gay brains are different

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiKnight View Post
I laughed at #1. Christians believe that God is perfect and that He wrote the Bible Himself (through others); they can't say "Oops, sorry about that verse, we'll omit it from now on." 2 is no solution either; although Catholics already agree with it, the rest say the Bible is the only absolute source of truth since it is the only text said to be written by God.

God expects men to refrain from having sex until marriage, and to remain faithful to their wife afterwards. That goes against every man's natural raving sex drive, but He still holds them to it. Why then would it not be the same for homosexuals?
Like LN said, Christians would probably agree that Satan tainted the minds of men to try to cause them to sin, which is why we have homosexuality.

However, as Redneckboy pointed out, it could be that the Scriptures condemning homosexuality were misinterpreted. And honestly, if that turned out to be the case, I'd crack up. All this debate, all this controversy, and then we find out there was no reason for controversy.
There should be no controversy. Atheists should respect fundamentalists views and fundamentalists should respect atheists views because it is all interpretation. There is no definate right or wrong jsut like there is no definite anything.

- Heraclitus
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2008, 12:19 AM   #32
YondaimeBunshin
Chuunin

YondaimeBunshin is on a distinguished roadYondaimeBunshin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckboy View Post
There should be no controversy. Atheists should respect fundamentalists views and fundamentalists should respect atheists views because it is all interpretation. There is no definate right or wrong jsut like there is no definite anything.
I agree about just respecting other's beliefs and ways of life. There should be absolutely no controversy about gay or not gay. I personally believe in a single infallable truth system, but how much of life is so gray that we couldn't even ever hope to always see the one right thing that there is? We can only live for the moment and not necessarily think about what God wants, I'm sure he'll get it done without me trying to enforce his "truth" as I interpret it, and then also, how is being homosexual, a lifestyle or birthright that I consider a sin, any more wrong than anything I do on a second to second basis??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiKnight View Post
I laughed at #1. Christians believe that God is perfect and that He wrote the Bible Himself (through others); they can't say "Oops, sorry about that verse, we'll omit it from now on." 2 is no solution either; although Catholics already agree with it, the rest say the Bible is the only absolute source of truth since it is the only text said to be written by God.

God expects men to refrain from having sex until marriage, and to remain faithful to their wife afterwards. That goes against every man's natural raving sex drive, but He still holds them to it. Why then would it not be the same for homosexuals?
Like LN said, Christians would probably agree that Satan tainted the minds of men to try to cause them to sin, which is why we have homosexuality.

However, as Redneckboy pointed out, it could be that the Scriptures condemning homosexuality were misinterpreted. And honestly, if that turned out to be the case, I'd crack up. All this debate, all this controversy, and then we find out there was no reason for controversy.
I blame satan, but once again, I find myself holding any contempt I have for any "sinful" way of life since I myself could never hope to find myself in a place where I am free of my own sin. Even small things, it's all relative and very real/tangible to realize how worthless my judgments are. If I believe that homosexuality is wrong, which I do, and many who posted above me just believe it's a way you're born, it still comes down to it doesn't matter they're people and do no more or less wrong than I do. They have the same desires for peaceful, happy lives that I do, so what's the point in causing division between similarities, and focusing on differences?? None. There is no point. Everyone has choices and the way you're born doesn't matter to me on a personal belief level, but pondering right and wrong and trying to tell someone else how to live is pointless since I can only see through my eyes, with my understanding and my knowledge of the few things I can actually identify as infallable. Go and be gay or straight or whatever, I could care less, since I've got enough to carry; believe whatever you want and live how you please, that's the best we can do anyway right? Anything other than living for the moment lets you stay stagnant in the past or the future, and neither of those are within our true control.

The other thing also is if God would take me as I am currently, and commands me to do the same to others, doesn't it make sense to even go so far as to not hate even those things I would consider a "sin", and love/accept people the way they are?

And then a third more personal point, is I know more than anything what it feels like to be completely abandoned and alone, that fuels the desire to please my God who saved me, and to love everyone since I remember what it feels like not to be loved by anyone (can anyone say Naruto? That's why I like the series originally.)
YondaimeBunshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:07 PM   #33
Azumi
유아쿨입유캔리드디스

Location: In the land of rubbershoes and dirty ice cream... ;o)
Azumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kluang View Post
Seems gays are born not made.
right u are, kluey.

I LOL'D.
삳 압. 유 아 이스투피드.
Azumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:40 AM   #34
the_bargain
Genin

the_bargain is an unknown quantity at this point

this thread is so gay thank god im gay
the_bargain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:41 AM   #35
ShinobiKnight
Silberner Held

ShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by YondaimeBunshin View Post
I agree about just respecting other's beliefs and ways of life. There should be absolutely no controversy about gay or not gay. I personally believe in a single infallable truth system, but how much of life is so gray that we couldn't even ever hope to always see the one right thing that there is? We can only live for the moment and not necessarily think about what God wants, I'm sure he'll get it done without me trying to enforce his "truth" as I interpret it, and then also, how is being homosexual, a lifestyle or birthright that I consider a sin, any more wrong than anything I do on a second to second basis??

I blame satan, but once again, I find myself holding any contempt I have for any "sinful" way of life since I myself could never hope to find myself in a place where I am free of my own sin. Even small things, it's all relative and very real/tangible to realize how worthless my judgments are. If I believe that homosexuality is wrong, which I do, and many who posted above me just believe it's a way you're born, it still comes down to it doesn't matter they're people and do no more or less wrong than I do. They have the same desires for peaceful, happy lives that I do, so what's the point in causing division between similarities, and focusing on differences?? None. There is no point. Everyone has choices and the way you're born doesn't matter to me on a personal belief level, but pondering right and wrong and trying to tell someone else how to live is pointless since I can only see through my eyes, with my understanding and my knowledge of the few things I can actually identify as infallable. Go and be gay or straight or whatever, I could care less, since I've got enough to carry; believe whatever you want and live how you please, that's the best we can do anyway right? Anything other than living for the moment lets you stay stagnant in the past or the future, and neither of those are within our true control.

The other thing also is if God would take me as I am currently, and commands me to do the same to others, doesn't it make sense to even go so far as to not hate even those things I would consider a "sin", and love/accept people the way they are?

And then a third more personal point, is I know more than anything what it feels like to be completely abandoned and alone, that fuels the desire to please my God who saved me, and to love everyone since I remember what it feels like not to be loved by anyone (can anyone say Naruto? That's why I like the series originally.)
My friend, I don't know who the fuck you are, but I think my respect for you just skyrocketed. If all Christians thought the same way as you, this wouldn't be a problem at all.

ShinobiKnight is offline   Reply With Quote