Opinions on Christianity - Page 5 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2008, 05:01 PM   #61
dirk667
Claymore Addict
 
dirk667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In your brain.
Age: 25
Posts: 506
Thanks: 25
Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts
dirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud of
Re: Opinions on Christianity

most practiced doesnt mean its not most persecuted. there are only 6 countrys where if your not a christian, you wont get shot in the street for it. especially in the middle east. if they suspect ur not pacticing islam, bam, ur dead. no questions. and no, catholics are NOT christians. their religion is a direct conflict with the bible. they worship idols or jesus and his mother. idol worship is one of the tens commandments of not to do.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
I give up, dirk beats in all forms of life
Owner of:

Co-Owner of:
Uchiha Itachi FC
New Uchiha Sasuke FC
Member of:
War of the Sharingan FC
New Jirayia FC
I LOVE UCHIHA CLAN
dirk667 is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 06-25-2008, 09:07 PM   #62
LonelyNinja
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk667 View Post
most practiced doesnt mean its not most persecuted. there are only 6 countrys where if your not a christian, you wont get shot in the street for it. especially in the middle east. if they suspect ur not pacticing islam, bam, ur dead. no questions. and no, catholics are NOT christians. their religion is a direct conflict with the bible. they worship idols or jesus and his mother. idol worship is one of the tens commandments of not to do.
Six countries out of, holy shit, the whole freaking world?! Yeah, that's an amazing statistic, don't you think? Let's see, back in the old, old, old days, like some time A.D., people were fucking stoned for not being Christian. People were burned on the cross for heresy against the church during the Middle Ages. If people could fucking swim they were burned in the name of the Lord because people thought, "Holy shit, they're a witch! Burn them!" Dude, do you not fucking understand that the Bible and Christians persecute others as well? Don't think it's everyone else, that's ignorance and arrogance. And holy shit, Catholicism is worshiping GOD. They just do it their own way, just like the Mormons, just like the Methodists, just like the Lutherans. They worship Jesus, holy shit, so does every other sect of Christianity. So that means everyone's doing it wrong.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:24 PM   #63
RNB
El Topo
 
RNB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Age: 21
Posts: 1,169
Thanks: 3,293
Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk667 View Post
most practiced doesnt mean its not most persecuted. there are only 6 countrys where if your not a christian, you wont get shot in the street for it. especially in the middle east. if they suspect ur not pacticing islam, bam, ur dead. no questions. and no, catholics are NOT christians. their religion is a direct conflict with the bible. they worship idols or jesus and his mother. idol worship is one of the tens commandments of not to do.
YOU LOOK AT PORN THEREFORE YOU COMMIT ADULTERY. YOU BROKE A COMMANDMENT NOW YOU GO TO HELL FOR NOT BEING A CHRISTIAN.
__________________
"Nature loves to be hidden."

- Heraclitus
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 04:19 PM   #64
killahninjanigga
Genin
 
killahninjanigga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: in your computer
Age: 24
Posts: 106
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
killahninjanigga will become famous soon enoughkillahninjanigga will become famous soon enoughkillahninjanigga will become famous soon enough
Re: Opinions on Christianity

christainity is all good
but im a nigga
so alot of it i dont really follow
i believe tho
__________________
killahninjanigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 04:25 PM   #65
dirk667
Claymore Addict
 
dirk667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In your brain.
Age: 25
Posts: 506
Thanks: 25
Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts
dirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud of
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNinja View Post
Six countries out of, holy shit, the whole freaking world?! Yeah, that's an amazing statistic, don't you think? Let's see, back in the old, old, old days, like some time A.D., people were fucking stoned for not being Christian. People were burned on the cross for heresy against the church during the Middle Ages. If people could fucking swim they were burned in the name of the Lord because people thought, "Holy shit, they're a witch! Burn them!" Dude, do you not fucking understand that the Bible and Christians persecute others as well? Don't think it's everyone else, that's ignorance and arrogance. And holy shit, Catholicism is worshiping GOD. They just do it their own way, just like the Mormons, just like the Methodists, just like the Lutherans. They worship Jesus, holy shit, so does every other sect of Christianity. So that means everyone's doing it wrong.
you misunderstand. six that DONT kill you for being a christian. But please, since you seem to be so insistant that christians are so evil as well, please tell me where you see christians walking around today shooting people for being a diffrent religion? and besides, dont be geting your g-string in a wad, these are my opinions, and if you dont agree, your welcome to sit down and have a glass of STFU cause i dont give a rats ass about what you think of my opinions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckboy View Post
YOU LOOK AT PORN THEREFORE YOU COMMIT ADULTERY. YOU BROKE A COMMANDMENT NOW YOU GO TO HELL FOR NOT BEING A CHRISTIAN.
LOL i never said youd goto hell for dissobeying a commandment. im simply stateing that if a religion bases its worship of god on something God said specifically not to do, then it cannot be concidered a religion of god.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
I give up, dirk beats in all forms of life
Owner of:

Co-Owner of:
Uchiha Itachi FC
New Uchiha Sasuke FC
Member of:
War of the Sharingan FC
New Jirayia FC
I LOVE UCHIHA CLAN
dirk667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 04:34 PM   #66
RNB
El Topo
 
RNB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Age: 21
Posts: 1,169
Thanks: 3,293
Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk667 View Post
LOL i never said youd goto hell for dissobeying a commandment. im simply stateing that if a religion bases its worship of god on something God said specifically not to do, then it cannot be concidered a religion of god.
John 3:16, possibly the most quoted verse int he Bible, states otherwise.
__________________
"Nature loves to be hidden."

- Heraclitus
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 04:42 PM   #67
dirk667
Claymore Addict
 
dirk667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In your brain.
Age: 25
Posts: 506
Thanks: 25
Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts
dirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud of
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckboy View Post
John 3:16, possibly the most quoted verse int he Bible, states otherwise.
the whole history of catholisim is based off of the peoplr paying, well the pope ultimatly, to got to god on their behalf and plead for their salvation. and going to heaven thru good works is a popular belief. they arent believing in god, their believing in the pope to get them in. hes like a boat for their souls. unfortunatly hes a holy boat, and sinks fast. (pun intended)
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
I give up, dirk beats in all forms of life
Owner of:

Co-Owner of:
Uchiha Itachi FC
New Uchiha Sasuke FC
Member of:
War of the Sharingan FC
New Jirayia FC
I LOVE UCHIHA CLAN
dirk667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:02 PM   #68
RNB
El Topo
 
RNB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Age: 21
Posts: 1,169
Thanks: 3,293
Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk667 View Post
the whole history of catholisim is based off of the peoplr paying, well the pope ultimatly, to got to god on their behalf and plead for their salvation. and going to heaven thru good works is a popular belief. they arent believing in god, their believing in the pope to get them in. hes like a boat for their souls. unfortunatly hes a holy boat, and sinks fast. (pun intended)
Catholicism is another look at Christianity and it is based off of lots of traditions. We have traditions in every denomination these days, such as communion. Just because the Catholics have different, and more odd traditions, it doesn't mean they are not Christian. BTW I am pretty sure indulgences aren't accepted in the church anymore.

I mean, I am not hear to claim that Catholics are amazing Christians. All I am saying is that they are just as sinful as the Baptists, Methodists, Pentecostals, etc. They believe in God and they believe Jesus is their savior. Therefore, they are Christians.
__________________
"Nature loves to be hidden."

- Heraclitus
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:44 PM   #69
Miburo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk667 View Post
you misunderstand. six that DONT kill you for being a christian. But please, since you seem to be so insistant that christians are so evil as well, please tell me where you see christians walking around today shooting people for being a diffrent religion? and besides, dont be geting your g-string in a wad, these are my opinions, and if you dont agree, your welcome to sit down and have a glass of STFU cause i dont give a rats ass about what you think of my opinions.
This is still the debate section. If you're going to post your opinions, you've got to back them up. If you can't do that, then you're the one who needs to get the fuck out.

And I'm calling bullshit on your "six countries" thing. Provide proof of this claim.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:51 PM   #70
AkamaruKiba
streeter
 
AkamaruKiba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: rainy woods, WA.
Age: 20
Posts: 199
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
AkamaruKiba is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Opinions on Christianity

I find being religious a good thing. Being Mormon has helped not do a lotta bad things, and saved me tons a trouble with me language and such. Plus, most of me friends respect my beliefs, which helps me find true friends.
Overall, religion, not JUST Christianity, is good.
Even if you don't have a religion, you still have chances ((NOT implying you should be religious, just pointing out a fact.))
__________________
.:wolf:.
Ç£øµðštrife

AkamaruKiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:13 PM   #71
LonelyNinja
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk667 View Post
you misunderstand. six that DONT kill you for being a christian. But please, since you seem to be so insistant that christians are so evil as well, please tell me where you see christians walking around today shooting people for being a diffrent religion? and besides, dont be geting your g-string in a wad, these are my opinions, and if you dont agree, your welcome to sit down and have a glass of STFU cause i dont give a rats ass about what you think of my opinions.
I never said that Christians are evil, I'm just saying that they aren't the ultimate good. They're humans, and therefore they have the capacity to commit atrocities. Hm, it doesn't happen in my neighborhood, but ya know, that reminds me of something called the "Crusades." And just because you don't see it happening doesn't mean it doesn't happen at all. Dude, opinions can be wrong. If someone said it was their opinion that the sky was duck, they would be wrong. If someone said it was their opinion that we didn't need air to live, they would be wrong. If someone said it was their opinion that all gay people have HIV/AIDS, they would be wrong. So just because you have opinions doesn't mean they can't be wrong, same as mine can't be wrong, either, but at least I try to defend my opinions rather than pull the "They're my opinions, hurr hurr hurr" card. And who the fuck are you to tell me the shut the fuck up, eh? I'm allowed to post my own comments, and if you don't like it then you can ignore me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:20 PM   #72
AkamaruKiba
streeter
 
AkamaruKiba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: rainy woods, WA.
Age: 20
Posts: 199
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
AkamaruKiba is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Opinions on Christianity

LN is right y'know.
Not all of us Chritians are good... We do bad things the same as any of you. We are humans, with bodies, minds, and our own ability to choose...
__________________
.:wolf:.
Ç£øµðštrife

AkamaruKiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:56 PM   #73
GAma_Oyabun
Special Jounin
 
GAma_Oyabun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: arcASIA
Age: 24
Posts: 2,352
Thanks: 0
Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
GAma_Oyabun is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Christians are still human being one or saying you believe doesnt make you a better person. the whole perversion of the religion in order to further human ambition is totally ridiculous, stop talking about it. most people already kno wat the so called christians did in the past, maybe come up with some new insight and then post your opinions
__________________


FC's
owner of the Village Brawl fc ^^-----LIKE RPGS??? join Village BRAWL FC>..the original rpg fc

member of the Fruits Basket Fc
GAma_Oyabun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:16 PM   #74
dirk667
Claymore Addict
 
dirk667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In your brain.
Age: 25
Posts: 506
Thanks: 25
Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts
dirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud of
Re: Opinions on Christianity

..!.. i wasnt talking to you miburo, butt out. alright lonely, il give you that, opions can be wrong. i wasnt pulling the "my opinions hurr hurr hurr" card, im just saying that it seems to me your more interested in railing on me for being for christianity, than christianity the religion itself. i know christianity is real, iv seen God work in my life too many time to ignore that. i sin, yes, and so does everyone else. iv had doubts about which religion is the true one, but i stand firm in my beliefs, because i have faith in God. thats what christianity is all about. Faith. it has nothing to do with religions because it isnt one, its a faih on jesus. thats y i dont believe in chatholisism. the pope would be rendered irrelivant. i wasnt talking about the crusades, i mean now. in the year 2008, where are christians going around killing people because their not "christians"? iran, china, n korea, cuba, pakistan, just to name a few are Governments who dont allow you to be christian. its against the law. but you can be muslim, islam, buddist, mormon, just not christian. that speaks a whole lot to me, other than just being bias. one last note, im suprised that with all the people claiming to be christians out there, theres almost none in here willing to take a stand for their faith or religion. very interesting
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
I give up, dirk beats in all forms of life
Owner of:

Co-Owner of:
Uchiha Itachi FC
New Uchiha Sasuke FC
Member of:
War of the Sharingan FC
New Jirayia FC
I LOVE UCHIHA CLAN
dirk667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:15 PM   #75
LonelyNinja
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk667 View Post
..!.. i wasnt talking to you miburo, butt out.
This board is free for anyone to post in. If you make a post, be prepared to defend it from anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk667 View Post
alright lonely, il give you that, opions can be wrong. i wasnt pulling the "my opinions hurr hurr hurr" card, im just saying that it seems to me your more interested in railing on me for being for christianity, than christianity the religion itself. i know christianity is real, iv seen God work in my life too many time to ignore that. i sin, yes, and so does everyone else. iv had doubts about which religion is the true one, but i stand firm in my beliefs, because i have faith in God. thats what christianity is all about. Faith. it has nothing to do with religions because it isnt one, its a faih on jesus. thats y i dont believe in chatholisism. the pope would be rendered irrelivant. i wasnt talking about the crusades, i mean now. in the year 2008, where are christians going around killing people because their not "christians"? iran, china, n korea, cuba, pakistan, just to name a few are Governments who dont allow you to be christian. its against the law. but you can be muslim, islam, buddist, mormon, just not christian. that speaks a whole lot to me, other than just being bias. one last note, im suprised that with all the people claiming to be christians out there, theres almost none in here willing to take a stand for their faith or religion. very interesting
I'm trying to point out that Christians can be some of the lowest scum on the planet. Just because someone's a Christian doesn't mean they're all goody two shoes and peace and love and all that. I don't understand why you don't understand that. Uh, "faith in Jesus" is what Christianity means. It means "followers of Christ." So yeah, Christianity has to do with religion, or it would be better to say that all religion has to do with faith. Dude, the KKK is a Christian group that lynched people in the not so distant past and they did it in the name of Jesus in some cases. People use religion as a scapegoat or as a motive. And I laugh at "you can be muslim, islan, buddist, mormon, just not christian." Mormonism is a form of Christianity, so congrats on contradicting yourself. Also, Communist countries, like Cuba, frown on all religions, not just Christianity. You lose a lot of credibility when you say that you're biased on the basis of race and religion. Dude, everyone practices their religion their own way. Some Christians are adamant about defending their beliefs while others live by the philosophy of "to each his own."
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.