Opinions on Christianity - Page 6 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2008, 11:09 PM   #76
mulan3
Academy Student
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
mulan3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Christianity is a religion, among others, which has its own set of beliefs, but has its own flaws. There is bias. For instance, like mentioned previously that there are only 6 countries that allow Christianity while the rest kill those who are Christians. But what about: when Britain (Christians) tried to take over countries like India or Pakistan (Hindus/Muslims). Not only that, why is it that Christian workers who go to Africa to help poor, hungry children but refer to them as Christian who have just converted.
Also, why is it that there is SO many contradictions in the bible. Why is it that the words from the bible change as years go by. Are people making stuff up?
Not only that, Jesus was born with only a mother, but what about Adam who was born with NO parent(s)?
One more thing, what on earth is happening in Middle Asia? Why are Christians attacking countries such as Afghanistan and Iraq (highly dominating Muslims countries) when they can worry about other major conflicts.
mulan3 is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 06-30-2008, 01:53 AM   #77
ShinobiKnight
Silberner Held
 
ShinobiKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Andorra
Age: 21
Posts: 1,914
Thanks: 470
Thanked 84 Times in 56 Posts
ShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really nice
Re: Opinions on Christianity

^ Wait, what? Just because a country allows Christianity doesn't mean they are a Christian nation, or that their actions in any way represent the beliefs and wishes of Christianity in general. I think, my friend, that you are very confused.

In my opinion, it really depends. There are some Christians who misrepresent the rest by slinging around condemnation freely, saying one thing and doing another, then repeating their hypocrisy after a tearful apology (fucking televangelists), and some who use a high position in the church to gain power and prestige for themselves. Then there are those who devote themselves fully to the Bible's teachings, and do their best to eliminate every flaw from a Christian perspective. These people are some of the most cheerful, kindest, most contented people I know, and I don't think anyone else will ever take that title from them. These are people who would turn down a high-paying job to live in Africa for 18 years, caring for kids who have never been loved in their lives, and have many or all of their other needs neglected as well. These are people who volunteer to help clean up cities and build houses, etc. just for the sake of helping. And if you ask any of them for a favor, and it's both within reason and not immoral, they'll almost certainly be willing to do it without expecting you to owe them one. If anything can make a person that giving, that kind, that happy, then I'm all for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo
I don't give a shit what other people believe so long as they don't let that shit negatively impact other people.
That sums it up so nicely. I totally agree, Miburo.

I had more to say, but this post is long enough, and I'm sleepy, so I'll refrain for now.
__________________



Last edited by ShinobiKnight; 06-30-2008 at 02:52 AM.
ShinobiKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:42 AM   #78
RNB
El Topo
 
RNB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Age: 21
Posts: 1,169
Thanks: 3,293
Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk667 View Post
..!.. i wasnt talking to you miburo, butt out. alright lonely, il give you that, opions can be wrong. i wasnt pulling the "my opinions hurr hurr hurr" card, im just saying that it seems to me your more interested in railing on me for being for christianity, than christianity the religion itself. i know christianity is real, iv seen God work in my life too many time to ignore that. i sin, yes, and so does everyone else. iv had doubts about which religion is the true one, but i stand firm in my beliefs, because i have faith in God. thats what christianity is all about. Faith. it has nothing to do with religions because it isnt one, its a faih on jesus. thats y i dont believe in chatholisism. the pope would be rendered irrelivant. i wasnt talking about the crusades, i mean now. in the year 2008, where are christians going around killing people because their not "christians"? iran, china, n korea, cuba, pakistan, just to name a few are Governments who dont allow you to be christian. its against the law. but you can be muslim, islam, buddist, mormon, just not christian. that speaks a whole lot to me, other than just being bias. one last note, im suprised that with all the people claiming to be christians out there, theres almost none in here willing to take a stand for their faith or religion. very interesting
The Muslim nations that do not allow Christianity are going against the Koran, really. I mean, I believe it is up to interpretation, but the 1st page of the Koran mentions "People of the Book" so that point is pretty stressed.
__________________
"Nature loves to be hidden."

- Heraclitus
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:52 PM   #79
dirk667
Claymore Addict
 
dirk667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In your brain.
Age: 25
Posts: 506
Thanks: 25
Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts
dirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud of
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckboy View Post
The Muslim nations that do not allow Christianity are going against the Koran, really. I mean, I believe it is up to interpretation, but the 1st page of the Koran mentions "People of the Book" so that point is pretty stressed.
no..theres two different books my friend. their book is somewhat nothing like the bible. oh yes, and lonelyninja, mormons are not christians. something to do with haveing multiple wives and all.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
I give up, dirk beats in all forms of life
Owner of:

Co-Owner of:
Uchiha Itachi FC
New Uchiha Sasuke FC
Member of:
War of the Sharingan FC
New Jirayia FC
I LOVE UCHIHA CLAN

Last edited by dirk667; 06-30-2008 at 04:55 PM.
dirk667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:16 PM   #80
RNB
El Topo
 
RNB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Age: 21
Posts: 1,169
Thanks: 3,293
Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk667 View Post
no..theres two different books my friend. their book is somewhat nothing like the bible. oh yes, and lonelyninja, mormons are not christians. something to do with haveing multiple wives and all.
Do you own a Koran? Even better, have you read one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by First page of my Koran
Allah is the name of the same supreme being who is called in English God and Khuda in Persian. He is the same God the Jews and Christians worship. "Our God and your God is one," is said in the Koran to the people of the Book in 29:46. "Whatever name you call him by, (Allah or Ar-Rahman), all His names are beautiful." 17:110.
__________________
"Nature loves to be hidden."

- Heraclitus
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:45 PM   #81
dirk667
Claymore Addict
 
dirk667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In your brain.
Age: 25
Posts: 506
Thanks: 25
Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts
dirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud of
Re: Opinions on Christianity

yes i have read one. so full of bullshit.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
I give up, dirk beats in all forms of life
Owner of:

Co-Owner of:
Uchiha Itachi FC
New Uchiha Sasuke FC
Member of:
War of the Sharingan FC
New Jirayia FC
I LOVE UCHIHA CLAN
dirk667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:09 PM   #82
RNB
El Topo
 
RNB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Age: 21
Posts: 1,169
Thanks: 3,293
Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk667 View Post
yes i have read one. so full of bullshit.
Okay, well if they aren't worshiping God then who are they worshiping?
__________________
"Nature loves to be hidden."

- Heraclitus
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:23 PM   #83
LonelyNinja
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk667 View Post
oh yes, and lonelyninja, mormons are not christians. something to do with haveing multiple wives and all.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormon
Mormon is a term applied to followers of Mormonism, which includes members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. "Jesus Christ" is in their freakin' title. They are Christians. They just have their own way of worship and their own morals, just like every other branch of Christianity, but one thing remains the same: they worship God.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 04:24 PM   #84
AkamaruKiba
streeter
 
AkamaruKiba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: rainy woods, WA.
Age: 20
Posts: 199
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
AkamaruKiba is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Directed to Dirk667--

You f***in thought Mormons weren't CHRISTIAN!
AGH!
Now that really pisses me off! Why do people think we are not CHRISTIAN for PETE'S SAKE! Do you see me NOT believing the Christian ways or anything like that?! NO!
Don't EVER say Mormons are not Christian AGAIN!
And also, we used to have multiple wives. That was when we were told to have multiple wives. NOW we don't. And before you say anything else about us NOT being Christians, like LN said, we do worship Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.
So therefore, Mormons are Christian!

Directed to LonelyN--
Thanks for giving that Wiki thing to him. >.>



((grrrrrrrrrrrrr...))
__________________
.:wolf:.
Ç£øµðštrife


Last edited by AkamaruKiba; 07-02-2008 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Didn't finish my rant
AkamaruKiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:14 PM   #85
Spiegel
Pirate King
 
Spiegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Grand Line (New World)
Age: 26
Posts: 5,093
Thanks: 1,108
Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all
Re: Opinions on Christianity

I'm christian myself, I have my own set of beliefs and I try to spread the word of God for its is my duty as a follower of Jesus Christ. I will agree that there are stupid people going around telling people to convert for the wrong reasons such as if they don't they will go to hell. That's just plain idiotic. Also, a real (using the word "real" very loosely) christian doesn't discriminate based on appearance, background, past religion, sexual orientation, ect... Our job is to just show the way to a different way of life through God but we don't instill fear to do so or manipulation. I will admit things were different with Christians several years ago were some of the above mentioned wasn't tolerated but we (the Christians) have realized some of the flaws and are trying to correct it and this applies to any religion today. The main goal is to establish a relationship with Jesus rather than follow strict rules and live a religious life, as long as you have God in your heart and accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior then that's all that matter and your reward is eternal life in Heaven. My opinion will probably sound biased to you but I tried to convey in a manner which lets me explain how we do things a bit more clearer.
__________________
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:10 PM   #86
dirk667
Claymore Addict
 
dirk667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In your brain.
Age: 25
Posts: 506
Thanks: 25
Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts
dirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud of
Re: Opinions on Christianity

srry akamaru, thats how i was raised to believe, therefore i believe. i have an old school baptist family background so some of my beliefs are very narrow minded. still not christians
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
I give up, dirk beats in all forms of life
Owner of:

Co-Owner of:
Uchiha Itachi FC
New Uchiha Sasuke FC
Member of:
War of the Sharingan FC
New Jirayia FC
I LOVE UCHIHA CLAN
dirk667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:13 PM   #87
AkamaruKiba
streeter
 
AkamaruKiba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: rainy woods, WA.
Age: 20
Posts: 199
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
AkamaruKiba is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Opinions on Christianity

I forgive, you, since I can't change the way you were brought up.
And what do you mean by 'still not christians'???
__________________
.:wolf:.
Ç£øµðštrife

AkamaruKiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 08:12 AM   #88
mrpiimpnn
Sand God
 
mrpiimpnn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: O- FL
Age: 23
Posts: 737
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
mrpiimpnn will become famous soon enoughmrpiimpnn will become famous soon enoughmrpiimpnn will become famous soon enough
Re: Opinions on Christianity

You guys watch too much anime, thats why you do not believe in god, or "Christianity" Or any religious beliefs. That is my only solution, I'm not going to get into this debate because its a lost cause, I guess people bring what they "HEAR" about Christianity to truth, but most of the things I read were false, about the bee's swarming earth? Wtf, I didn't see that in the Bible at all, you must not have read it and got your info from some fascist idiot. I'm all for you believing in what you want, but when you start believing in stuff such as more than one god or Demons controlling people thats when I have to step in and call you a fucking moron.
EDIT: Or your probably homosexual and don't like the fact that the bible calls you "abominations?" Or your parents must have told you to believe or they'll send you to your room without any food or something but idk, you must have fucked up childhoods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
I don't believe in that stuff

And for all you people calling non-believers idiots, feel free to head over to the debate section and try to justify those comments in the god thread there. I'll be more than happy to kick your asses in a debate. : )
And you couldnt kick anyones ass in a religious debate if you tried, the Believers have more proof on their side than you'll ever have sorry.

Last edited by mrpiimpnn; 07-05-2008 at 08:14 AM.
mrpiimpnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 10:26 AM   #89
Keisok
Genin
 
Keisok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Between Dimensions
Posts: 252
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Keisok is on a distinguished road
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Quote:
You guys watch too much anime, thats why you do not believe in god, or "Christianity" Or any religious beliefs. That is my only solution, I'm not going to get into this debate because its a lost cause
If that's true, then explain why you're here.

Quote:
I'm all for you believing in what you want, but when you start believing in stuff such as more than one god or Demons controlling people thats when I have to step in and call you a fucking moron.
If you believe in religious tolerance for other people, then why insult people because they have a different method of worship. That's a rather hypocritical thing you just said.

Quote:
Or your probably homosexual and don't like the fact that the bible calls you "abominations?" Or your parents must have told you to believe or they'll send you to your room without any food or something but idk, you must have fucked up childhoods.
Interesting on how you came to the conclusion that they are either homosexual, or that they had bad childhoods. Perhaps they could have just decided to question what they see?

Quote:
And you couldnt kick anyones ass in a religious debate if you tried, the Believers have more proof on their side than you'll ever have sorry.
May I also remind you that the proof you are most likely refferring to is a religious text that has numerous passages that contradict each other as a whole?

There is proof on both sides, and people can interpret what they see of it. Sure, I'll probably voice my reasons why I disagree, but I'm not just going to shove my beliefs down your throat.
__________________
Life may suck now, but it'll get better. Even if it doesn't, then I can still watch TV. - myself after being asked if I wanted to commit suicide.

A favorite quote: Are you thinking what I'm thinking that you're thinking I'm thinking because if you think that I think I'm thinking then we've got a problem.

An Owner of:



Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN
Keisok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:19 PM   #90
Miburo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpiimpnn View Post
You guys watch too much anime, thats why you do not believe in god, or "Christianity" Or any religious beliefs.
I don't believe in it because it's illogical to believe in a something that has the same probability of existing as a flying spaghetti monster. Strike one.

Quote:
That is my only solution, I'm not going to get into this debate because its a lost cause,
Then get the fuck out of the debate section.
Quote:
I guess people bring what they "HEAR" about Christianity to truth, but most of the things I read were false, about the bee's swarming earth? Wtf, I didn't see that in the Bible at all, you must not have read it and got your info from some fascist idiot. I'm all for you believing in what you want, but when you start believing in stuff such as more than one god or Demons controlling people thats when I have to step in and call you a fucking moron.
Demons and multiple gods are just as likely to exist as your god. You're the last person in this thread that should be calling anyone else an idiot. Strike two.
Quote:
EDIT: Or your probably homosexual and don't like the fact that the bible calls you "abominations?" Or your parents must have told you to believe or they'll send you to your room without any food or something but idk, you must have fucked up childhoods.
Or you're making a claim that you have yet to prove. If someone came up to you and said that flying invisible turtles existed you wouldn't say "Oh, okay, cool." Right? How about if it was written in some old ass book? Still no, I'd hope, correct? Know why? Because you'd be using logic there.

That's all I'm using here. You're saying some super magical entity with a zombie son exists, and the only "proof" you've provided so far to support this is a bunch of stories written around the same time people were saying dragons and shit existed. Why should I believe these stories? Oh, because magic man says so...in the stories. Oh, brilliant. Hi to you, circular reasoning. Forgive me for being skeptical, oh wise one. Strike three.

Quote:
And you couldnt kick anyones ass in a religious debate if you tried, the Believers have more proof on their side than you'll ever have sorry.
Haha, if that's the case then you should have no problem at all providing some credible proof to back up your claims then, yeah? This should be good. XD
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.