Opinions on Christianity - Page 7 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2008, 02:53 PM   #91
mrpiimpnn
Sand God
 
mrpiimpnn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: O- FL
Age: 23
Posts: 737
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
mrpiimpnn will become famous soon enoughmrpiimpnn will become famous soon enoughmrpiimpnn will become famous soon enough
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keisok View Post
If that's true, then explain why you're here.



If you believe in religious tolerance for other people, then why insult people because they have a different method of worship. That's a rather hypocritical thing you just said.



Interesting on how you came to the conclusion that they are either homosexual, or that they had bad childhoods. Perhaps they could have just decided to question what they see?



May I also remind you that the proof you are most likely refferring to is a religious text that has numerous passages that contradict each other as a whole?

There is proof on both sides, and people can interpret what they see of it. Sure, I'll probably voice my reasons why I disagree, but I'm not just going to shove my beliefs down your throat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keisok View Post
If that's true, then explain why you're here.



If you believe in religious tolerance for other people, then why insult people because they have a different method of worship. That's a rather hypocritical thing you just said.



Interesting on how you came to the conclusion that they are either homosexual, or that they had bad childhoods. Perhaps they could have just decided to question what they see?



May I also remind you that the proof you are most likely refferring to is a religious text that has numerous passages that contradict each other as a whole?

There is proof on both sides, and people can interpret what they see of it. Sure, I'll probably voice my reasons why I disagree, but I'm not just going to shove my beliefs down your throat.
Okay... Show me where I insulted anyone, and I ain't really stated any proof yet so idk wtf your talking about, And I didn't come to a conclusion I said "Maybe" Your homosexual or had a bad childhood, I could have came up with alot more reasons, but as I stated already I don't feel like debating here cause I know I'm going to end up in trouble, it always happens, never fails.
And I already said I wasn't going to "convert" anyone cause I don't really care if you believe or not, I could careless on where you go when you die.

And yes, when you start believing in demons controlling the earth or w/e you do need help and you are not in your sane mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
I don't believe in it because it's illogical to believe in a something that has the same probability of existing as a flying spaghetti monster. Strike one.



Then get the fuck out of the debate section.


Demons and multiple gods are just as likely to exist as your god. You're the last person in this thread that should be calling anyone else an idiot. Strike two.


Or you're making a claim that you have yet to prove. If someone came up to you and said that flying invisible turtles existed you wouldn't say "Oh, okay, cool." Right? How about if it was written in some old ass book? Still no, I'd hope, correct? Know why? Because you'd be using logic there.

That's all I'm using here. You're saying some super magical entity with a zombie son exists, and the only "proof" you've provided so far to support this is a bunch of stories written around the same time people were saying dragons and shit existed. Why should I believe these stories? Oh, because magic man says so...in the stories. Oh, brilliant. Hi to you, circular reasoning. Forgive me for being skeptical, oh wise one. Strike three.



Haha, if that's the case then you should have no problem at all providing some credible proof to back up your claims then, yeah? This should be good. XD
What Excellent language to be using as a moderator, thats exactly what I mean. When I say it everyone Cries to me, but when you guys say it its allowed lame ass people. No matter what I say or do it don't matter cause you have a position of power and I don't so whats it matter what I say?... lol.

Last edited by mrpiimpnn; 07-05-2008 at 02:55 PM.
mrpiimpnn is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 07-05-2008, 03:16 PM   #92
Keisok
Genin
 
Keisok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Between Dimensions
Posts: 252
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Keisok is on a distinguished road
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Quote:
Okay... Show me where I insulted anyone.
Very well.

Quote:
I'm all for you believing in what you want, but when you start believing in stuff such as more than one god or Demons controlling people thats when I have to step in and call you a fucking moron.
Stepping in and calling people morons, right? If I remember correctly that is considered an insult in most societies.

Quote:
And I didn't come to a conclusion I said "Maybe" Your homosexual or had a bad childhood, I could have came up with alot more reasons, but as I stated already I don't feel like debating here cause I know I'm going to end up in trouble, it always happens, never fails.
I tend to interpret maybes as yes nowadays thanks to the slightly more intelligent flamers who dance around the insult. Even if you don't want to debate, you got to be aware about what you're going to type

Quote:
And I already said I wasn't going to "convert" anyone cause I don't really care if you believe or not, I could careless on where you go when you die.
I actually wasn't talking to you on that really, I was just stating what I do, and stating that both sides have some points.

Quote:
And yes, when you start believing in demons controlling the earth or w/e you do need help and you are not in your sane mind.
Yeah, that's a pretty good sign that you need psychiatric help.
__________________
Life may suck now, but it'll get better. Even if it doesn't, then I can still watch TV. - myself after being asked if I wanted to commit suicide.

A favorite quote: Are you thinking what I'm thinking that you're thinking I'm thinking because if you think that I think I'm thinking then we've got a problem.

An Owner of:



Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN
Keisok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 06:22 PM   #93
mrpiimpnn
Sand God
 
mrpiimpnn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: O- FL
Age: 23
Posts: 737
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
mrpiimpnn will become famous soon enoughmrpiimpnn will become famous soon enoughmrpiimpnn will become famous soon enough
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keisok View Post
Very well.



Stepping in and calling people morons, right? If I remember correctly that is considered an insult in most societies.



I tend to interpret maybes as yes nowadays thanks to the slightly more intelligent flamers who dance around the insult. Even if you don't want to debate, you got to be aware about what you're going to type



I actually wasn't talking to you on that really, I was just stating what I do, and stating that both sides have some points.



Yeah, that's a pretty good sign that you need psychiatric help.
Yes, thats what I'm saying if you believe "Demons" control the world or w/e then you need psychiatric help, they were claiming stuff like that in the other thread, idk if you were there.

And Moron rly isn't an insult, in my opinion. And "Maybe" to me means its possible or its not possible, but I wasn't Talking to you half the time :-P Was talking to most others ;o.
mrpiimpnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 06:25 PM   #94
Miburo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Debate or GTFO. If you want to chit-chat then do it via PMs.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:56 PM   #95
LonelyNinja
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpiimpnn View Post
You guys watch too much anime, thats why you do not believe in god, or "Christianity" Or any religious beliefs. That is my only solution, I'm not going to get into this debate because its a lost cause, I guess people bring what they "HEAR" about Christianity to truth, but most of the things I read were false, about the bee's swarming earth? Wtf, I didn't see that in the Bible at all, you must not have read it and got your info from some fascist idiot. I'm all for you believing in what you want, but when you start believing in stuff such as more than one god or Demons controlling people thats when I have to step in and call you a fucking moron.
Yeah, I know you're banned and all, but hey, you can get back to this later. First off, what the Hell does watching anime have to do with religious beliefs? That makes no sense at all. In the Book of Revelations the angels and God lay their wrath on the earth, and one of the punishments are human-headed locusts that sting people. Yes, it does say this in the Bible (so about that fascist idiot? har har har). Uh, demons are Satan's minions, right? And there is supposed to be a Satan, so believing in demons isn't anti-Christian or anything at all.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:40 AM   #96
GAma_Oyabun
Special Jounin
 
GAma_Oyabun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: arcASIA
Age: 24
Posts: 2,352
Thanks: 0
Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
GAma_Oyabun is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Opinions on Christianity

actually it says in the bible that God gave satan control of the earth for a certain amount of time and then when the time comes he will remove satan from his position and own him up.
__________________


FC's
owner of the Village Brawl fc ^^-----LIKE RPGS??? join Village BRAWL FC>..the original rpg fc

member of the Fruits Basket Fc
GAma_Oyabun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:30 PM   #97
LonelyNinja
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAma_Oyabun View Post
actually it says in the bible that God gave satan control of the earth for a certain amount of time and then when the time comes he will remove satan from his position and own him up.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...r=9&version=31
Second paragraph. That's where the human-headed, stinging locusts show up. Yeah, I know that Satan is supposed to get control of the Earth for a bit, but I'm clarifying what I posted.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:44 PM   #98
Harrada
Jounin
 
Harrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Konohagakure
Posts: 934
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Harrada is a splendid one to beholdHarrada is a splendid one to beholdHarrada is a splendid one to beholdHarrada is a splendid one to beholdHarrada is a splendid one to beholdHarrada is a splendid one to beholdHarrada is a splendid one to beholdHarrada is a splendid one to beholdHarrada is a splendid one to beholdHarrada is a splendid one to beholdHarrada is a splendid one to behold
Re: Opinions on Christianity

I'm just putting it out their that THE Christian Church has the most money in the world ( nothing sus ) ... I don't have that much religion in me
__________________

Owner of:




People live their lives bound
by what they accept
as correct and true.
That's how they
define reality.
But what does it mean
to be "correct" or "true?"
merely vague concepts...
their "reality" may
all be a mirage.
Can we consider
Them to simply be living
in their own world,
shapes by beliefs?




The warrior protects and defends because he realizes the value of others. He knows that they are essential to society and, in his gift of service, recognizes and values theirs... When faced with a woman or child in a situation in which they are vulnerable, there are two types of people: those who would offer succor and aid, and those who would prey upon them.
Harrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:19 AM   #99
AkamaruKiba
streeter
 
AkamaruKiba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: rainy woods, WA.
Age: 20
Posts: 199
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
AkamaruKiba is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Opinions on Christianity

And how does money tie into this?
Please, explain...
__________________
.:wolf:.
Ç£øµðštrife

AkamaruKiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:10 PM   #100
neji4hokage220
Chuunin
 
neji4hokage220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 23
Posts: 361
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
neji4hokage220 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Holy wars are honestly the most idiotic things. Ever sicne the dawn of man there has always been belief in a high power, a higher power that in many cases chooses when he or indeed she will step in and help. Religions, yes all religions, were created for the sole purpose of explaining that in which man could not explain at the time.

How people can choose to believe in supernatural being is above me. I am not athiest i am an agnostic, yet from birth have been greek orthodox.

As i was saying, to kill in the name of a god which you can never be sure if he truely exists until the end of time comes, it seems as if the time from the da vinci codes, which soudns corny to say it, is true. "Ever sicne there has been a god, there has been killnig in his name."

Dont you think that if there was a god he would want his creations to all get along? As far as i know, the ten commandments never listed, thou shalt kill all those who dont believe in my powers. It said soemthing along the lines of you will believe in ym as your one and only god. In that case, you are supposed to find faith within yourself and not force others to believe in something they realyl dont want to.

I believe that no matter what religion you belong to you have every right to believe in your own god or gods. It is for many people a way of relieving themselves of the stress and hassles of life, blaming everything they cant explain or cant prevent on some power that they cant control.

As for money, ever since the christian church has been created it has been lfeeding off the heavy pockets of its followers. I never really understood the reason i had to wear such nice clothes to church when i was a kid. Does this so call god think i am not a follower just because i am not wearing a suit? THose who dont have the money for fancy clothes? are you gonig to bar them from attending liturgies because they have no money to offer? Last time ichecked church was about believing. Money should not have anything to do with church. during Jesus's travels he and his apostles lived off the kindness of others. EVeryone gave what they can, and if they had nothing it was still ok because there belief in him being the son of God and there lvoe for him was enough. Money shall and always will be the number one reason many people, at least in my religion, dont believe in gonig to church, because it has always corrupted the priests and forced people to change there focus on public image and not the matter in hand, prayer towards the almighty.
__________________
Proud Member of :

Anti Sasuke FC and Akatsuki FC
neji4hokage220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:11 PM   #101
YondaimeBunshin
Chuunin
 
YondaimeBunshin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: OP, KS
Posts: 563
Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
YondaimeBunshin is on a distinguished roadYondaimeBunshin is on a distinguished road
Re: Opinions on Christianity

I only read the creator's post and then a few on this last page...let me preface my post with these are in fact my own opinions, I respect yours and am not voicing anything against you specifically so if I get a little passionate don't go and get all huffy over it. Just communicate and in any case I will try to keep it off the radar of offensiveness.

But I personally am a Christian, I don't profess or advocate evangelism the way others would, and I don't attend church. It's not about giving money, I think anyone who avoids or dislikes church simply because they like any other organization in this day and age, need a foundation. They need a building, electricity, they are in fact an organization and can be similar to a business. It's just the day and age we live in, a family can't live without a base level of income, and an organization like church wouldn't have many people in america hooked if they didn't have their cushy air conditioned buildings where you get a nice little gift bag with a tract/track (don't know the correct spelling), to somehow entice you to return the following week. The reason I don't attend is because it's fake. I'll be the first to step out on a limb and believe certain hard to accept parts of the Bible as literal truth, but even outside of those cases, the people who attend are fake. The protestant community published a very modest figure a number of years ago that 1/25 that attend church are actual believers. How sad, and I think it's actually much much higher based on what I've observed. And the so called "pastor", whose title used to be an example of their fervency for God a.k.a. a "preacher", is little more than a guy who stands up and talks about things that are so broad as to reach everyone that it's like hitting a baseball bat against a stretched out piece of fabric, that is to say, there is no impact, and subsequently absolutely the opposite of what he might've intended. But I do think that the church's money shouldn't have to go to supporting the pastor anymore, it's a dead practice, the guy probably spends 20 minutes making that bull and we pay for a gigantic single family house for them and their family. Cable if I recall isn't really a necessary expense. They should get a full time job like everyone else or accept that the kindness of others will probably net them a couple old couches and cheap rent.

In addition, America itself is a place where you can't talk about what you believe for fear we might offend another person. But to tell you the truth, the paths that we all walk are so similar, why hate on someone who believes in a version of Hinduism where there are infinite gods, or even someone as close as another division of Christianity who believes differently than I do, that we are saved only at the moment of death, rather than once and forever if it is a true acceptance of JC. So yeah, I might call myself a Christian, but I think Modern Christianity is lame.

Wouldn't a true Modern Christian be more like 50% hippy and 50% martial artist? Someone who dedicates himself to the way and path that he walks in order to shine the light of Mr. JC, but still all about love and peace and acceptance even unto accepting people's hating? I'm gonna say that's a weaker example, but the point should be clear there. Modern Christianity is weak and nearly everyone who claims the name is a faker. I have come to the conclusion that if you are a real Christian you're going to walk a very lonely path, one that calls you to similar principles as Buddhism, or other religions that Christians judge all the time, a very high standard that has its own proof that you reap what you sow, good or bad, even if you forget for a minute that it's God whose making those statements. A principal driven life with a supernatural backdrop is all it is. The world we live in can't ever hope to explain the literal or supernatural references in the Bible, because it's purely subjective, cause and effect, but anything supernatural is for the most part objective and therefore not subject to any reasoning given to us by God as a law of this world, until we're no longer apart of it. And let me say there is only one truth by definition. But just because that is true doesn't mean I have got the right one, or that someone can't live by being close to the truth, if that were so then we'd all be dead. Everyone interprets the world differently, some find the truth, and some come to a conclusion that could be so close to the truth, but ends up being something different. Agnostic Theism is a good example, truth as I understand it is there is one God from whom all creation flows, and the truth to an agnostic is that there is a God or Gods that they can neither confirm nor deny so it's just kind of ethereal. I'd probably end up in this catagory of Agnostic Theism somehow since it is my belief that "the fallibility of human beings means that they cannot obtain absolute certainty except in trivial cases where a statement is true by definition" (taken from wiki while looking for evidence to illustrate my point).

And the only reason anyone should be evangelizing anyone is they've lived their life in such a way that is evident of the beliefs we claim. For every person Christians "lead to being saved" they have another person who will endure a fake church which is essentially perverting the entire point, it's another life the church has to take responsibility in training, and they can't even properly train the base believers who grow up in the church now never mind newly recruited. Jesus definitely didn't want some fatass accountant to drag his family to church every sunday only to be trying to decide what to have for lunch for that hour or two. I've been to churches where it's like fast food, a message that's twenty minutes long and no meaning, sing three songs and you're out in less than an hour. Lame.

And I know for a fact that there are people who live their lives happily, rightly and successfully without any God, all I'm saying is God made you to be that way, am I really gonna care about anything you're doing except what happens after this life is over with. And if you've asked yourself that question and are satisfied with the answer, go on with your bad self. But for me, I am a perfect example of the wide ranging experiences that lead me to believe there is a single God and the existence of sin and my experience with it leads me to believe that I need to establish a relationship with Him. And when I say sin I do in fact mean sin itself is a lifestyle just like the opposite, I don't just mean oops I lied, or holy crap I killed someone, it's not an instance of sin, or even just fire insurance. I accept that we're not perfect and will only be able to moderate the path between the sin lifestyle and the "christian" lifestyle, but it's meant to be a complete way of life and not a philosophy or set of beliefs. *whew!*

Ok, that's my rant sorry.

Minor opinions:

Buddhism - not my flavor, but if I didn't hardcore accept my "Christian" beliefs, then I'd probably side with being a Buddhist.

Atheism - I couldn't be an atheist because stupid sounding or not, emotional, mental, physical and spiritual are all connected, I can't deny the supernatural and have after much consideration, decided my beliefs, which seem to more or less consign with Christianity.

Catholicism - I was a little scared when I tried it, I believe in the supernatural, not the superstitious, and there is a difference, I don't pray a certain way nor do I pray to, what I consider, such powerless figures as OTHER PEOPLE LIKE ME who follow the same God... And lol my catholic friend said within Catholicism you're either a hardcore Cath, or you're not even Catholic you just are forced so often it's like brain washing and you're basically an atheist lol, sorry if that's not a true statement..

Hinduism - meh researched it when I was younger but found it didn't agree with what I had found myself "knowing" was the truth.

Judaism - meh, it's the JC factor, Jesus divides an entire religion. Judaism and Christianity so there's not really a lot to squabble about. They might be almost as dogmatic and at times I've met very superstitious Jews, but overall they practice the lifestyle pretty well, the principles are lived out and according the the Word (reboot! and the word is daemon lol jk jk) the Jews remain His only Chosen people. So go Jews, you're awesome.

Scientology - ...no.

Mormons - I don't consider them Christians, they deviate from essential doctrine with the whole several levels of heaven and you can buy real estate in heaven even owning your own and being God of it...I'm just saying. It's not my thing, it might be yours though so just know I'm silently judging you! lol seriously jk

Jehova's Witnesses - also a no. Jesus as played by patrick swayze in the movie Ghost did not happen in my version. Not saying my truth is the the actual truth again, just saying I don't believe Jesus would go through all the trouble of making a fake ghost body if the point was to illustrate his conquering of death. And that the holes in his hands were actually magic tricks. And that Jesus commands us to not celebrate your birthday or dance because it's sinful. If that's so then dammit someone got me, cuz that day I was born...that'd be my birthday.

Anything else, I'm a student of the world, and would love to learn about, I just don't have as much time as I used to to just randomly study other belief systems.

Last edited by YondaimeBunshin; 07-10-2008 at 03:23 PM.
YondaimeBunshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:55 AM   #102
Naruto2008
Special Jounin
 
Naruto2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Congers, NY
Age: 21
Posts: 2,172
Thanks: 7
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Naruto2008 is just really niceNaruto2008 is just really niceNaruto2008 is just really niceNaruto2008 is just really niceNaruto2008 is just really niceNaruto2008 is just really niceNaruto2008 is just really nice
Re: Opinions on Christianity

i accept the fact that I do not know if Jesus is the son of God or not and I may never know. But, I do not rule it out as a possibilty.
__________________
Rep me GREEN, leave your name, and I'll rep you back.

Bitch I'm tha bomb like tick, tick!
Naruto2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 04:47 AM   #103
Trey
Legendary
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,251
Thanks: 139
Thanked 538 Times in 300 Posts
Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold
Re: Opinions on Christianity

It was quite evident from the beginning this thread would devolve into a firing range for people to insult those of the Christian faith.

I mean, sure people have done stupid, heinous shit in the name of God. Sure, the more covenanted of 'em try to push the Bible into your face when you do anything that is immoral to them. But, to attack people's logical capacity and values just because they're Christian is a bit much.

Last edited by Trey; 07-23-2008 at 04:58 AM.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:44 AM   #104
RNB
El Topo
 
RNB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Age: 21
Posts: 1,169
Thanks: 3,293
Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough
Re: Opinions on Christianity

I don't think an attack on your logical capacity is that insulting, unless you are extremely dumb and can't understand basic logic. I find it funny that tons of atheists are slaves to logic, which the understanding is based on one faith question.
__________________
"Nature loves to be hidden."

- Heraclitus
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:36 PM   #105
Miburo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckboy View Post
I find it funny that tons of atheists are slaves to logic, which the understanding is based on one faith question.
Why? They're just calling it how it is, that's all. It's not like they're unaware of, or are ignoring, the concept of faith. They're just saying it's illogical, which it is.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.