SOTW#3 - Discussion - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Graphics Design > Contests

Contests This is where all the SOTW and COTW competitions will be held. Bring your A game or end up crying.

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 01:17 AM   #16
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold
Re: SOTW#3 - Discussion

Why only characters from a list? I thought putting two different anime characters into one signature would stretch the creativity of the artist, like putting two characters from two very different series together and making it work. But instead, you take these characters from popular (or maybe, you own favorite?) anime and force us to use them. It kind of puts a damper on creativity, and weakens a once good idea.

And the text requirement? At the most, the text requirement should be something to confirm that what someone created is original and intended for the competition. I wouldn't mind something like "SOTW #3," but something as arbitrary as "anime" is kind of... odd for the composition of the signature. Maybe it's just me.

The maximum size is also kinda funny, because something that's 550x500 is no longer a signature. Not to mention we aren't even allowed to have signatures greater than 350 pixels in height.

Just... suggestions.

Old 07-09-2008, 02:32 AM   #17
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

YoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these parts

@48: Having a size dimensions such as 500x500 is fine, because it doesn't have to be according to the forum rules. We are making the sig merely for the SOTW and not our personal use.

I do agree that the stock limitations are a little different, but it's challenging-- This I like.

1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2|hope to be more active...

yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshi toshi
Old 07-09-2008, 02:39 AM   #18
ITzANIllUZion
ANBU

ITzANIllUZion has a spectacular aura aboutITzANIllUZion has a spectacular aura aboutITzANIllUZion has a spectacular aura aboutITzANIllUZion has a spectacular aura aboutITzANIllUZion has a spectacular aura about

toshi....=/ your sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokage4354 View Post
[
You may choose a minimum of the 2 characters listed below to be included in your
signature. Please, also keep it to a maximum of 6. You may not only
have characters from one anime.

as for the size thing...if it was a smaller dimension it would kinda give teh gfxers a small challenge since your now working with 2+ characters.
it would be nice if the dimensions where smaller

One of the Badass Shinobi

Thnx OG

N48 vs Me

Old 07-09-2008, 07:01 AM   #19
Babyface BK
<3===BK

Thanked 1,856 Times in 844 Posts
Babyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant future

I'm gonna use 2 random characters, I've made at least one sig with every single one of those characters in the past and I like to use a more wider range of anime for sigs. So yeah if I am auto DQ'd so be it.

N48 - It's a maximum of 550x500 which means it can only go upto that size and I'm guessing that would be for anyone attempting a 6 in 1.

"The road to success is always under construction. "
Old 07-09-2008, 11:27 AM   #20
Hokage4354
SOTW Host

Hokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja48 View Post
Why only characters from a list? I thought putting two different anime characters into one signature would stretch the creativity of the artist, like putting two characters from two very different series together and making it work. But instead, you take these characters from popular (or maybe, you own favorite?) anime and force us to use them. It kind of puts a damper on creativity, and weakens a once good idea.
Well, the whole "list" idea is kind of the challenge. If you could pull off two
of those characters in a signature from different anime's then that's pretty
good. No, those animes actually aren't my favorite except Naruto. I just
choose them since they're popular.

Quote:
And the text requirement? At the most, the text requirement should be something to confirm that what someone created is original and intended for the competition. I wouldn't mind something like "SOTW #3," but something as arbitrary as "anime" is kind of... odd for the composition of the signature. Maybe it's just me.
I understand where you're coming from. To put 'anime' in the signature is
for the whole two different characters idea. Since their from different
anime, 'anime' would just be the general category they go under. It's
like, the two characters would emphasize anime being anime characters.
I'm not sure how to explain it, I think I'll make a signature today with
six characters and I hope that will explain what I'm saying a little better.

Quote:
The maximum size is also kinda funny, because something that's 550x500 is no longer a signature. Not to mention we aren't even allowed to have signatures greater than 350 pixels in height.
Well, since you might need six characters in it, that should be enough
space. Besides, it's not making it any easier since when people go to
vote, if they see your signature has six characters, max size, but there's
a lot of empty space, then that's not exactly a good thing. People know
that a good signature size is always important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITzANIllUZion View Post
as for the size thing...if it was a smaller dimension it would kinda give teh gfxers a small challenge since your now working with 2+ characters.
it would be nice if the dimensions where smaller
Well, it seems that when I make the dimensions decent, people still go
over. For somebody to go over 555x500 is just ridiculous. If anybody goes
over, I will be asking people to re size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodkid View Post
N48 - It's a maximum of 550x500 which means it can only go upto that size and I'm guessing that would be for anyone attempting a 6 in 1.
Izan I hope this clarifies a bit on why the dimensions are what they are.

Well guys, I'm going to go make a signature to help anybody out who's
having trouble with it. Be back in a while.

EDIT: I know it's kinda bad, but I wasn't spending much time anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~

Join Kongregate today!

Last edited by Hokage4354; 07-09-2008 at 12:51 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:07 PM   #21
Hokage4354
SOTW Host

Hokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of light

~Please Excuse Double Post~
IMPORTANT UPDATE:
I changed up the rules. Your entry in no longer required to have
the text "anime" in it. It also doesn't have to contain only anime characters
from the ones i listed. You may choose ANY anime characters
but the rule still appliers that they cannot all be from the same anime.

~~~~~~~~~~

Join Kongregate today!
Old 07-12-2008, 10:09 PM   #22
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

YoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these parts

hrrm... wasn't expecting a sudden rule change. ><;
Alrighty-- Saw your post in the SOTW entries and did delete it, will change entry asap.

Old 07-12-2008, 10:28 PM   #23
Sharingan Lord
I'm done. Byeeee.

Sharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud of

Huh. I'd never noticed how strict these rules were. Characters from two different anime would be a hard one for me to try, I'll say.

Toshi, your original sig looked really nice. It was, like, bold and seemed kind of polished. I don't know, xD
Old 07-12-2008, 10:36 PM   #24
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

I personally liked the bleach sig better than the current sig that is in the SOTW, as well.
No one entered this SOTW so far-- I hope someone else will join. =/

Old 07-13-2008, 03:44 AM   #25
Wave
Custom User Title

Wave is a splendid one to beholdWave is a splendid one to beholdWave is a splendid one to beholdWave is a splendid one to beholdWave is a splendid one to beholdWave is a splendid one to beholdWave is a splendid one to beholdWave is a splendid one to beholdWave is a splendid one to beholdWave is a splendid one to beholdWave is a splendid one to behold

manga panels~
its not used a lot
Old 07-13-2008, 07:14 PM   #26
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

I like that sig-- the manga panels tis cute ^.^

.. should I wait until the end of the day to close the entries thread.....??

Old 07-13-2008, 07:32 PM   #27
ITzANIllUZion
ANBU

ITzANIllUZion has a spectacular aura aboutITzANIllUZion has a spectacular aura aboutITzANIllUZion has a spectacular aura aboutITzANIllUZion has a spectacular aura aboutITzANIllUZion has a spectacular aura about

yea..just for last min. entries

One of the Badass Shinobi

Thnx OG

N48 vs Me

Old 07-13-2008, 08:24 PM   #28
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha1412Toshi View Post
I like that sig-- the manga panels tis cute ^.^

.. should I wait until the end of the day to close the entries thread.....??
when is "end of the day?" <.<

i may enter if i got time to make one XD
Old 07-13-2008, 08:28 PM   #29
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

hmm.... well, I'll be on the computer for the next 6 hours or so-- maybe around midnight or so mainland time.

Old 07-13-2008, 08:47 PM   #30
Impulse
Live. Love. Burn. Die.

Impulse is on a distinguished roadImpulse is on a distinguished road

I'd join, but I doubt I'd be able to make the deadline. Due to the reason that I take a shitload of time trying to make a sig (OG knows what I'm talking about ).

Buuut, if I like the next SOTW, then I might consider joining. =O

And, nice entries everyone.

---

Oh, and I could try to get Goku to join the next SOTW as well. That'll spice a few things up.

Last edited by Impulse; 07-13-2008 at 08:51 PM.
Closed Thread